• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Living Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 afternoon ~ Training in private

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
While nothing more than a hastily repurposed training room, this large, expansive alcove of Marowak Dojo's underground chambers doubled as a shelter for Diyem's heroes while Magikarp approached, in addition to their spot to relax in peace. Water, basic raw foods like berries and gummis, and other amenities were stacked in the corner of the room, while piles of sanitized grass beds and empty bags of soft fabric were piled in another for setting up for any body type.

<><><>
"And here we are," Soda introduced Cabot and Owen to the room, motioning around.

"Wow..." Owen trotted forward, tail flame a little brighter. "It's so big! This was all made underground?"

"That's Ground for ya," Soda said. "Marowak must've really gone all-out with his training chambers. This place can handle a lot, so don't worry about going all-out. Just don't mess with the food supplies while roughhousing."

Owen looked around a little longer, but then noticed that Soda had disappeared. He was already leaving. "Um--Soda? Weren't you going to give us a tour or something?"

"Yeah, just did. See ya."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot blinked in surprise. "That was fast."

The Cranidos walked further into room and inspected some of the amenities, before looking back towards Owen with a smile.

"But at least it's very nice of them to give us this place to stay," he said. "I think we can train here just fine!"

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Yeah, that was nice," Owen agreed, though he did seem a little disheartened. "...I still feel really weak, though. I mean, I don't really remember how strong I used to be, but there's this feeling in my gut that I should be really upset about it for some reason..." He sighed. "We have to make do with what we have, I guess. I, er, so how do we start? I kinda... don't remember how to spar."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Yeah... I know how that feels like," Cabot said as he pawed the back of his head. "I had actually just evolved into a Rampardos before all of this, but now I'm back to being a Cranidos in less than day."

Cabot let out a disappointed sigh himself, before shaking his head and giving Owen a confident nod.

"But you're right, we'll just have to make do with what we have. At least we can help out a lot of Pokémon by doing this defeating that Magikarp."

The Cranidos walked over to the center of the battlefield and motioned for Owen to follow him.

"Alright, so sparring is kinda like having a practice battle. We just try out our moves against each other in order to practice them and get more used to being attacked. It's more about helping each other to get better than winning, so it's not as serious as a real battle!"

Cabot paused as he put a claw to his mouth.

"Then again, I guess there are some Pokémon who do like to go all out when sparring... but we don't have to do anything like that if you don't want to!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The idea of going all-out while sparring... Something about that made Owen's flame burn a little brighter. Though something else was also on his mind. "Used to be evolved, huh?" he said, nodding. "Yeah. That's too bad... I can't imagine, like, having wings, and then... going back to a body like this one, y'know?"

Owen made a motion like he was trying to use his arms like wings. "...I get the feeling I used to be in that kind of situation, too. And now I'm a Charmander again! I think Flame--that other Charmander--he's the same way. He was a Charmeleon before he got here, right?"

Realizing he was babbling, Owen cleared his throat and tried to enter what he hoped was a battle stance. Crouched, tail up, arms forward. "Okay, so... I feel like I used to fight from afar. The idea of going up close... I don't think I'm ready for that. But you... You seem like someone who might have to get closer to fight..." He nodded. "I need to awaken my Ember technique. Now I remember... A-and what about you?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Well, I actually learned Stone Edge a few days ago so I could attack from afar as well. Though... I'm not sure if I can still use it now."

Cabot turned away from Owen and reflexively stomped the ground as he tried to call up stones, motioning his right arm towards a nearby wall in an attempt to use Stone Edge... only for nothing to happen. The Cranidos looked at his claws, before sheepishly turning back towards Owen.

"I guess I'll have to get close in order to fight after all."

Cabot thought for a moment of what the best way was to kick things off, when he suddenly walked over to the other side of the battlefield and adapted a battle stance himself.

"Okay, how about I start the match from over here to make it more fair for you? That way I have to first make my way over to you before I can attack!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Sure! I--that sounds fair!" Owen was still unsure, but he had to at least try for the sparring. "I'll... try to take it slow for now."

He maintained his battle stance, flame crackling. "Ready..." He wasn't, but he never would be. "Go!"

Owen crouched, knowing that Cabot sported incredible attacking power. The first thing he had to do was soften that, so he growled, the very act drawing from deep within his power reserves to disrupt Cabot's offense. It was more than a mere growl; he was drawing from the technique...

...And suddenly, Owen had to drop to one knee, gasping for air.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot flinched slightly out of reflex and hesitated a moment, when he noticed Owen gasping for air. Was... Owen already feeling exhausted after using a single move?

The Cranidos looked in confusion for a moment, before deciding to brush it aside. After all, they were battling. He lowered his head and charged ahead, opting to start things off with a simple Headbutt.

"Alright, here I come!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Eep!" Owen tried to brace for impact, planting his feet firmly in the ground to whether the blow. Even with that, however, and with taking the attack head-on, the Charmander slid back by a foot and winced at the dull sound knocking against his arms.

But that didn't mean he was going to leave Cabot without a returning gift. Flame blazing, Owen opened his maw and spat a small plume of fire--his first one in this new body!--toward the top of Cabot's hard skull.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
“Agh!”

Cabot recoiled and took a step back, the fire stinging despite it hitting him at the toughest part of his body. Undeterred, Cabot got ready to strike again, when an abrupt wave of fatigue washed over him that stopped him dead in his tracks.

“H-Huh?! Why am I suddenly feeling so tired?!”

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen panted for a while longer, squeezing one eye shut as he tried to focus on his breathing. "I... I think we're just that weak... How is that possible? I feel like we're supposed to be able to toss attacks like these around like they're nothing..."

Hmm...

Owen perked up, staring at the sky. "Diyem?"

I think I understand what's happening, now. I was right. Your bodies are able to expend significantly more energy at once... but in exchange, it seems that you run out of stamina much faster.

"Oh... that's not good..." Owen slowly stood up, sighing. "So, even if we're really weak... we can still put out a lot of power? And then... we tire out faster."

An unstable body...

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Is... there anything you can do about it, Diyem?" Cabot panted as he slowly felt his energy come back. "Since I feel like I've been training for almost an hour after just a single headbutt."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I'm afraid that may not be possible immediately, Diyem said, humming pensively. But... perhaps this can be to our advantage. This may be what can allow us to break through that Magikarp despite our short notice...

"So we just have to beat it before we get too unstable or tired?" Owen repeated.

Yes, Diyem replied. That may be the key...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded. "My Ember looked like it really hurt. Do you want me to try to hold back a little for this? I think I might have already gotten stronger thanks to that first fight with Magikarp..."

I have been focusing my efforts on the others, yes, Diyem said. You're currently ahead of Cabot in the amount I've poured in.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I think I'm fine?" Cabot said. "I mean it's true that fire attacks didn't hurt my old body this much, but I won't catch up to you any faster if you just hold back!"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot lowered his head and ran towards Owen again. New body or not, there was always one move he could use ever since he was young that most Cranidos had to train for, so maybe...

Cabot eyes lit up as blue flecks began to build up along his head and he charged towards Owen with a Zen Headbutt. Unfortunately for him, Owen was ready for another headbutt and spat up fire at the ground in front of Cabot, forcing the Cranidos to stop to hastily jump out of the way. Noticing Owen was now at least somewhat in range, Cabot took a leap of faith and tried going for Owen with a single jump, aiming straight for the Charmander's face.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen was hoping that the attack would have made Cabot flinch for a little longer; he had only been able to get a single step back before they were feet from one another. With a startled shout, Owen held up his hands to block the blow, but the backs of his hands still slammed into his face and he fell back. Yep. That might have sprained something, or maybe left a bad bruise, why did his nose smell like coins?

"G-good hit," Owen muttered, sputtering out a halfhearted Ember in retaliation.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot tried to shield himself with arms, only to wince and stumble back as he felt the Ember burn his arms.

"T-Thanks," he panted as he waited for his stamina to come back. "Your fire attacks aren't bad either."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom