• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Living Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Luminous Orbs. They, uh, I think they contain a very bright flash of light that sustains itself for a while. Maybe you can, I dunno, hang onto one...?" Owen pondered this quietly to himself.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"Sounds good," Cabot nodded. The Cranidos looked around the room, before turning back to Astrid and sheepishly pawing at the back of his head. "Also... did you still make any gummis with Watmel in it?"

“Several!” Astrid replied with an enthusiastic nod. Thank goodness that berry had been so giant.

After a moment spent discerning which dish was which, she reached across the table and grabbed ahold of one that caught her eye, dragging it over to Cabot. “Here ya go. It should still be warm.”

When going for another bite of her own, she paused, looking over at Flame and Fay. “Oh, um, you can have some too! If you’re hungry, I mean. There’s plenty to go around.”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Thanks."

Cabot took the gummi and tried it out, his tail wagging slightly as he took the first bite.

"Ah, it tastes great!"

As the Cranidos continued to eat more of the gummi, he turned to Astrid with a curious glance.

"So, Astrid, what's your world like anyway?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Pah. That sounds like artificial light. It'd be the equivalent of someone feeding you tinfoil." Necrozma shuddered. "I need pure, natural light. From the cosmos themselves."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"So, Astrid, what's your world like anyway?"

“It’s an all-Pokémon world,” she immediately said. The impulse was enough to give her pause; how weird was it that she had to specify that sort of thing now, among her peers’ worlds that might not be the same?

“And, umm…” She idly played with her food as she ran through location after memorable location in her head. “It depends where you’re at, really. The Water Continent—where I live—is really nice. Plenty of things to do there, though I spend a lot of my time exploring overseas. It’s super humid though. And we’ve been dealing with a drought lately, so that hasn’t helped. I’m not a fan of uncomfortably warm weather…”

That hadn’t been given enough thought when coming to this world, she realized. Treasure Town hadn’t been this cold when she visited in her own world, and the more she thought about it, the more she realized this Treasure Town was probably the norm. This world might have its fair share of problems, but rising temperatures very likely wasn’t one of them. Silver linings.

She was getting lost in thought. Clearing her throat, the Vulpix flexed her tails and continued. “Oh! I work for an organization called the Expedition Society, whose goal, among other things, is to create a detailed, easily-accessible map of the world for others to use.

“We used to just be explorers, but at some point arresting outlaws became a primary responsibility of the exploration team I’m on. Never been my favorite thing to do, but it’s still, y’know, satisfying at the end of the day to help the community.”

She tilted her head back, looking sideways at Cabot—halfway curious if he, too, was a human-turned-Pokémon. “Sorry for rambling on a bit. What about your world?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"No. It's still evening." Necrozma shrugged. "Though you're free to return to sleep."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
It took way, way too long for Starr to clean all the sticky rice off her fur, and she tried not to think about the fact that her cat instincts defaulted to licking it off. Ugh. It also had the annoying side effect of making her realize how hungry she was. The scent of... something wafted in from one of the back rooms. It didn't smell good necessarily... kind of sickly-sweet. Still, food was food. The Litten poked her head in through the doorway to see a rather large group scattered around the living space.

"So you guys making food in here or what."

Day 1 evening ~ Gods and legends

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"It's alright. So this Expedition Society is kinda like a Rescue Guild then? Except they spend more time creating maps than rescuing Pokémon from Mystery Dungeons?" Cabot asked, before pausing in realization. "Wait, does your world have Mystery Dungeons?"

The Cranidos briefly wondered for a moment how many of the people Diyem had summoned would even know what Mystery Dungeons are.

"Anyway, my world only has Pokémon in it is as well, or at least that's how things are nowadays," he explained. "Long ago humans lived in my world as well, but that changed when a group of evil Pokémon killed most of the gods except for Arceus. The world almost ended as a result, and because of it all the humans disappeared and there's now Mystery Dungeons everywhere. I grew up in the only part of the world that's still habitable."

Cabot trailed off as he noticed Starr entering the room.

"Oh hey there! We have plenty of roasted gummis here that you can try!"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"It's alright. So this Expedition Society is kinda like a Rescue Guild then? Except they spend more time creating maps than rescuing Pokémon from Mystery Dungeons?" Cabot asked, before pausing in realization. "Wait, does your world have Mystery Dungeons?"

“Mhm, it does!” Astrid said. “Well, sort of. Dungeons in my world aren’t malignant or anything like that. In fact, they’re pretty uncommon. Most of the time, we rescue Pokémon who get lost or hurt in the nearby mountains, and we sometimes go assist other civilizations in setting up a foundation to support themselves…” She was rambling again. “…and stuff. Yeah.”

"Anyway, my world only has Pokémon in it is as well, or at least that's how things are nowadays," he explained. "Long ago humans lived in my world as well, but that changed when a group of evil Pokémon killed most of the gods except for Arceus. The world almost ended as a result, and because of it all the humans disappeared and there's now Mystery Dungeons everywhere. I grew up in the only part of the world that's still habitable."

Astrid followed along with earnest interest. The explanations they’d given for their respective worlds were relative, and she knew as much—yet it still didn’t dismiss the feeling that Cabot’s world had a lot more moving parts. Gods, Mystery Dungeons making most of it uninhabitable… As if meeting humans wasn’t enough, now she was hearing about an all-Pokémon world that once had them as well. Did that mean her world had them once, too? The bedtime stories, the schoolbook fantasies… did they hold merit after all?

“Wow.” She blinked. Wearing a friendly smile, she flicked the dome of his head with a paw. “Good thing you came from the habitable area, then!”

The Litten poked her head in through the doorway to see a rather large group scattered around the living space.

"So you guys making food in here or what."

Astrid froze. She happened to be facing the other direction, but she recognized the voice well enough—it was Starr, that Litten that she’d spooked at the beach.

Uh. Um. Okay. Just… um. Act natural.

She didn’t know how to do that, really, but she supposed chewing her food silently would be a good start.

Chew. Chew. Chew. Just gotta chew my food…

Maybe if Starr didn’t walk over to this side of the table, she wouldn’t notice that Astrid’s eyes had grown into uncomfortably wide circles.

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump

“A lot like mine, by the sounds of it. Our humans didn’t kill any gods, though. They just... disappeared. The ruins of their society are the only remaining evidence of their civilization, and even then, many of the ruins have been levelled by Dialga’s power. What happened to them is a mystery, though there’s legends claiming they “burned away in a blinding light,” which makes it sound like Arceus’ Judgement.”

He’d been planning to go to the beach to stargaze, before he was interrupted. The sharing of stories put him back in the mood for stargazing: he’d always had an association between the two. In his current condition, though, he’d be liable to fall asleep on the sands...

“I might go out to the beach for some starlight. Would anyone want to come along? I wouldn’t want to be all on my own... not with that flame entity lurking about.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Dialga? Arceus?" Necrozma shook his head. "Those still sound like made-up things."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Oh hey there! We have plenty of roasted gummis here that you can try!"
Starr raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "Gummis? Not gonna lie, I was expecting something more along the lines of, like... food. As opposed to candy." Maybe Pokemon in this world just ate candy--not like that'd make any less sense than anything else here.

Her stomach growled. Alright, candy it is, then.

As she crossed the room to inspect Cabot's offerings, she caught a passing glance of Astr--the Vulpix--staring at her with eyes the size of dinner plates. Starr winced. She probably thinks you're friggin nuts for bolting out of thin air like a lunatic. Just ignore her.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
“Mhm, it does!” Astrid said. “Well, sort of. Dungeons in my world aren’t malignant or anything like that. In fact, they’re pretty uncommon. Most of the time, we rescue Pokémon who get lost or hurt in the nearby mountains, and we sometimes go assist other civilizations in setting up a foundation to support themselves…” She was rambling again. “…and stuff. Yeah.”

"Oh, interesting! It must be really nice explore new places while doing that! Everything has already been mapped out in my world since there's not that much left of it, but there's still lots of great places to visit. Seeing those places for yourself is of course much different than just hearing about them."

Astrid followed along with earnest interest. The explanations they’d given for their respective worlds were relative, and she knew as much—yet it still didn’t dismiss the feeling that Cabot’s world had a lot more moving parts. Gods, Mystery Dungeons making most of it uninhabitable… As if meeting humans wasn’t enough, now she was hearing about an all-Pokémon world that once had them as well. Did that mean her world had them once, too? The bedtime stories, the schoolbook fantasies… did they hold merit after all?

“Wow.” She blinked. Wearing a friendly smile, she flicked the dome of his head with a paw. “Good thing you came from the habitable area, then!”

"Well, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't. Nobody lives out in the Wastes and anyone who goes there won't last very long either. There's no food, water, and the Mystery Dungeons there are much worse."

“A lot like mine, by the sounds of it. Our humans didn’t kill any gods, though. They just... disappeared. The ruins of their society are the only remaining evidence of their civilization, and even then, many of the ruins have been levelled by Dialga’s power. What happened to them is a mystery, though there’s legends claiming they “burned away in a blinding light,” which makes it sound like Arceus’ Judgement.”

"Eh? But I just said a group of Pokémon killed the gods of my world. Not the humans," Cabot said. "Though... that sounds horrible. Do you have any idea why your Arceus would do something like that?"

"Dialga? Arceus?" Necrozma shook his head. "Those still sound like made-up things."

"I mean... I don't know about this 'Dialga', but Arceus is definitely real," Cabot insisted. "He created my world, and it sounds like every other world has their own Arceus as well."

Starr raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "Gummis? Not gonna lie, I was expecting something more along the lines of, like... food. As opposed to candy." Maybe Pokemon in this world just ate candy--not like that'd make any less sense than anything else here.

Her stomach growled. Alright, candy it is, then.

As she crossed the room to inspect Cabot's offerings, she caught a passing glance of Astr--the Vulpix--staring at her with eyes the size of dinner plates. Starr winced. She probably thinks you're friggin nuts for bolting out of thin air like a lunatic. Just ignore her.

"Oh, they're not candy," Cabot said, not noticing the way Starr and Astrid were looking at each other. "I know they may look a little colorful, but they're not unhealthy or anything and have the same amount of nutrients any good meal would."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"My universe has no Arceus."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"The universe and its many planets were created by a massive explosion of cosmic energy," Necrozma explained. "The chaotic mashing together of solar flares gave rise to celestial bodies like stars and planets." His voice trailed off and he looked away from Cabot.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Uh... huh..." Cabot gave Necrozma a blank look. "But... if that's true, then where did all the Pokémon in your world come from?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Well, we're all made of the same stuff, right?" Owen asked, finally getting cozy and bundled in his blanket near the others. "I guess sometimes life can just... form after a while... I think I remember reading something about that before, and I think it made sense to me at the time..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Progenitors." Necrozma didn't meet Cabot's gaze. He looked at the fire... or what was left of it. "There was creatures born from these explosions that had offspring. And those offspring had offspring. And so on and so on." He waved his right hand in a circle. "As new generations formed, new species came into existence." A pause. "Well, that was the case for some of the planets. Others had no life on them. Desolate wastelands full of craters to remind pokémon of their origins."

If anyone listened closely, they'd hear a strain in Necrozma's voice that he was doing his utmost to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom