• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Living Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Thanks," Owen said, finally removing his hands from his face, revealing a small stream of blood coming from his right nostril. He sniffled, getting rid of most of it, and asked, "Feel like your strength is coming back a little?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Yeah, it is. I think it's coming back slightly faster than last time, but I'm not entirely sure..." Cabot murmured. "Though maybe we should stop for now? In the navy we usually cut sparring short if one 'mon makes the other bleed."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"That early?" Owen asked, tapping his nose as the bleeding slowly subsided. He frowned, disappointed. "Maybe you guys don't bleed as easily where you're from. For some reason, I feel like drawing a little blood isn't a big deal where I'm from..." He suddenly squeezed his eyes shut tight. "Agh... I think I remember flashes of those matches, actually." He laughed, shaking his head. "I think I was a lot bigger back then. But... Yeah. I think I can do for a break."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Hm, alright," Cabot nodded. He went over to the corner of the room and grabbed two Oran Berries, before going back to Owen and offering one to him. "So does that mean your memory is slowly coming back to you?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen graciously took the Oran and nodded. "I think so," he said. "I had a little flash of memory of me sparring with someone. I didn't do too well against them, though..." He tittered nervously, scratching the back of his head "A Lucario. Kept smashing me in the face. I think I kept hitting the wall, too! Your attack must've reminded me of that." Despite the apparent brutality of the attacks, it sounded like Owen was thinking fondly of that memory. He forgot about the Oran in his hands.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I think so," Owen said, walking to the wall nearest to the beds. "It was sort of a new team member. He knew a lot about, uh, fighting, I think, and he wanted to teach me a few techniques with a more, y'know, hands-on approach. He could've warned me that it'd be intensive, but... Somehow I think he knew that I'd be able to handle it. Still not sure why." He sat down, pensive. "Why was he so sure...? Because he was right... Did he know me from before? Mm... I can't even remember his name." He sighed, shaking the thoughts away. "Maybe they'll come back later. I'm not too worried; he's a world away and I need to help this one."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I'm sure you'll remember his name soon," Cabot insisted as he sat down near Owen and continued peeling his berry. "After all, there's no way we can truly forget about our friends. I certainly can't imagine seeing Berecien and Niilo and not feeling familiar around them, no matter what anyone does to my memories."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen didn't reply immediately to that, and while he had remembered about his berry, and mimicked Cabot's motions to tend to and open it, he had stopped before actually breaking the skin.

"...Yeah..." He trailed off, staring at the top of the berry like it was an eye staring back at him. A pensive frown overtook his expression. "...Weird... For some reason that has me feeling... heavy. What you said."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It's alright," Owen replied, taking another bite. Only another bite's worth remained, now. "Not your fault or anything." Then, with a sigh, he leaned the back of his head against the wall. "Diyem, what was I like?"

Insufferable.

Owen giggled, rolling his eyes. "Alright, I think that's enough being gloomy," he said, though it was hard to tell who it was directed toward. "Thanks for helping me train, Cabot. We'll need it for the fight."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"You're welcome," Cabot replied, giving back a small smile. He pressed the peeled Oran Berry against the parts of his arm that Owen burned earlier, wincing slightly as the juice seeped in. "How about we have another match once we're both evolved again? One where we can go all out."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Huh?" Cabot blinked in surprise, glancing at his arms before looking back at Owen and tilting his head in confusion. "Healing? I mean you hit my arms earlier and my head's a lot tougher, so..."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Uh--" Owen shook his head. "Right, sorry, I--something tells me that isn't how I use those back home." He cleared his throat and looked ahead. "Going all-out sounds like it could be fun... I just hope I don't get tired after just a few seconds of battling!" He ate the last of his berry, deciding that experimenting by pushing the last of it on his snout would be a bad and messy idea. He was feeling more refreshed by just eating it anyway.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"In my world we usually just eat the berry when in the middle of battle or something, but otherwise we do this first. After all, the Oran juice is gonna heal wounds much faster and effective when applied to them directly," Cabot explained before eating the Oran Berry's pulp. "But shouldn't we build up more stamina the more we train?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded, looking at the last bit of Oran juice on his claws before licking them clean. He wondered how Orans worked here; it felt like eating them was more effective where he was from, perhaps because of how the energy worked... But perhaps for Cabot's world, it was different. Here, maybe they were all the same?

"We definitely should," he said. "Stamina should be our main focus... I don't want to be down on the ground while the enemy's still attacking. Then what, right?" He sighed. "Good thing it's just a Magikarp..." He stood up, stretching. "...I think I'm going to try meditating for a little while."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Okay, I'll let anyone else I see know that we can sleep here," Cabot said as he washed the remaining Oran juice off his arms. He glanced at them saw they were now fully healed, as if they never got hurt. The Cranidos wagged his tail slightly and began to make his way for the room's exit, before looking back at Owen one last time with a smile. "I'll look forward to that rematch with you, though!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom