• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Main Hall - Cotton Down Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
That was definitely the Noivern from the ship, all right. They definitely didn't get that big in her universe. (And wasn't his coloration pretty weird, too...?)

He'd no sooner come out of the ball than a booming voice spoke in her head. What makes you significant? For a moment she thought Laura'd told him something, and froze, but that didn't make any sense; Laura knew nothing about her. What on earth was he babbling about?

She was about to ignore him and just talk to Laura about the investigation. But before she could open her mouth, Spirit actually bit, in human. "My trainer is a very talented battler, aiding an effort to save our world. I myself was chosen by Entei to guard his soul."

May pressed her lips together, taking a deep breath. "I just got back from the meeting they had in the lounge. Did you want a summary? Because I'm pretty sure the Hoopa that brought us here is the culprit in disguise."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Malachai leaned down, a draconic grin alighting tentatively on his snout.

<Fascinating. You dismiss your part in your world's safety, and your partner's service to a god, to speak of current matters. How pragmatic.>

"As much as I'd fucking love to hear about that," said Laura, a little sharply, "the 'current matters' are both time-sensitive and dangerous. So yeah, let's have that summary, if you're offering. The hoopa, huh? Figures."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May felt the hairs rising on the back of her neck. Instinct wanted her to back away; she stood firmly still, clenching her fists. Something about the Noivern's presence reminded her strangely of Dragoreen. Pragmatic, sure, she'd take that.

"Apparently Officer Jenny had a coded journal that talked about how the culprit's probably been disguising itself. It mentioned the gray flakes that smell weird at the scenes of the kidnappings, and that some berries that have been stolen make gray, pink and yellow dyes. Which, I mean, that's the exact colors of the Hoopa, right? And Spirit was sniffing around the lounge yesterday and thinks she picked up the same weird scent people have been talking about, where the gray flakes show up. Nobody got kidnapped there, but I have seen the Hoopa around the lounge with Xavian. So I'm thinking either his partner was never who he said he was in the first place, or somebody replaced his real partner."

His partner, a legendary Pokémon. Still absurd.

"Also, Steven said the culprit attacked him, not Latios and Latias. Flash of light, put him to sleep, and then Latios and Latias chased it off."

Spirit was still gazing at Malachai, part awe, part worry about displeasing him. What would she have thought of Dragoreen, if she'd ever been out much for those six weeks? Probably she'd have looked at her like that, too. May clenched her fist tighter.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura nodded carefully, feeling intensely uncomfortable at the notion that one hoopa would eliminate and impersonate another.

"If the perpetrator is Hoopa, maybe we could cross-reference the attacks with times he was around Xavian? If you're right, but Xavian thinks that's his real partner, it's gonna be... challenging. To get him to buy into this idea, or get him to cooperate with investigating Hoopa, otherwise. Unless he's just a really obliging guy, I guess?"

Malachai snorted, and pulled a face, revealing fangs. <We cannot let mere politeness obstruct us as we find the truth. If Xavian is offended at the suggestion, he is welcome to prove his partner's innocence, or fail to. He must show responsibility.>

Laura gave the dragon some side-eye, not that he cared. "If it goes wrong, and Hoopa doesn't already know we're onto him, he'll know then."

Malachai shrugged, and made a dismissive warbling sound. Prick.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May nodded slowly. She wanted to just confront Xavian, watch him shrink away apologetically like he did every time it became clearer how he'd bungled things. What could he do if he didn't like it, anyway, an oblivious rich guy against an island full of legendaries? But it'd sounded like the legendaries were pretty spooked by this thing, hadn't it. She couldn't quite see Xavian standing up for much of anything, but if it was anything it was probably his bond with his Pokémon, what else, and Laura was right that if he was actually stupid enough to blab their suspicions to Hoopa behind their backs, that would be a bad idea.

"It'd be good to be sure," she said, glancing at the Ninetales by her side. "Spirit, if we can find out where they're being kept, do you think you could sneak in there and see if you can find any clues?" She turned back to Laura and Malachai. "Entei gave her Ghost powers. She can turn invisible and walk through walls. Long story."

Spirit looked up, startled. "Of course! I..." She stopped, looking around for a moment. "I could. But if we are wrong, and I would be breaching the privacy of a legendary Pokémon with no due cause...?"

May sighed. Figured she'd be hung up on that. "You won't be doing anything wrong, Spirit. We're trying to save people; how's that not due cause?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Ghost powers...? Due cause? Laura's head buzzed, but before her thoughts could coalesce into something useful, Malachai leaned down with a guttural hissing to lock eyes with Spirit. His sending was uncharacteristically intense, accompanied by the krookodile-like sound coming from his throat.

<The legendary pokémon of Kunolo have proven unable to prevent these abductions. They ought then to tolerate our investigations, given that we remain unsafe while the culprit goes unbound.>

Laura wet her lips. "Orzo may or may not be directly involved, but he's part of this, and we need all the information we can get. But Spirit, if you're concerned about how justified this is, remember that the legendaries here are also unsafe until this is resolved."

...Howls, it felt odd to value the legendaries above everyone else who'd been disappearing, even just to persuade this ninetales who clearly cared about the distinction. But snapping at her about the victims to date didn't sound as persuasive as reminding Spirit that a rogue legend could harm other legends. But then, if it came to it, could Spirit be counted on to oppose a malevolent hoopa?

Malachai had clearly had the same thought.

<Godhood does not absolve a living being of responsibility,> he added, darkly. <Or accountability.>

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
The Noivern was really going for the intimidation tactics and it wigged May out, but it wasn't like she didn't agree. She looked at Spirit, wary.

The Ninetales looked between the three of them, ears flattening as she lowered her head. Her gaze settled on Malachai with his final remark, and stayed there.

"Of course," she muttered after a moment, straightening as she returned her gaze to May. "If Orzo is the real Hoopa and his intentions are pure, he would forgive any drastic measures taken to help these trainers. I simply..."

May took a deep breath. "All we'd need you to do is get in there, see if Hoopa's really poisoned or whatever and whether there are any signs he's disguised with those dyes, like whether he smells the same, and then get out. He'll never even know you were there." Would he? Could a Psychic-type legendary sense her presence somehow? But nothing had ever been able to hurt her in spirit form. Smelling might require phasing into the physical plane for a moment but she could do that and then be back out of it. Right?

Spirit nodded. "I will do it. My powers are needed."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura's fingers twitched as she scrambled for what to say. "Oh. Well, I'm glad. And thank you." She sucked her teeth for a moment. "I'm not sure where Orzo and Clink are. Maybe the infirmary, maybe somewhere more private? May, if you like, we can trade numbers, and I'll let you know if I find anything...? Not sure how this'll go, but I really do think it's worth a try."

<Whatever the outcome of this action, Spirit, you should be proud of your intention to help others,> sent Malachai.

Laura squinted at him. He never said shit like that to her. Was he just being persuasive, securing Spirit's cooperation even after she had agreed to help...? No, not that. She knew his draconic face well enough by now. That was the same face he made when he admonished her to have conviction, to have self-belief. Agency over compliance. As always.

"I trust you to do what you think is right, Spirit," she said. "And... good luck."

Malachai's jaw twitched into a smile only Laura would notice.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
What the hell was that Noivern's deal? Everything he said seemed to be some kind of test or judgement.

May exhaled. "Yeah. Let's try to find out where they are." Giving her PokéGear number to a virtual stranger wasn't exactly something she made a habit of, but it wasn't as if she'd be getting any calls once they were all back home in their own universes. She punched it into Laura's phone and handed it back to her.

Spirit gazed back at Malachai and... bowed again. "I strive to do the right thing, for Entei and for the world."

As much as his judgement thing weirded May out, Spirit was lapping it up, determined to pass the test. May sighed. "Thanks. Let me know if you learn anything."

"Thank you for your input and encouragement," Spirit said. "I hope we will meet again."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Will do, May," replied Laura, wondering what happened to this kid to make her seem half her age again at least. "And yeah, same here, Spirit."

<Good fortune.>

Malachai nodded to them both, closing his eyes a moment, and then reached out to tap his ball with a wingtip, vanishing into it in a cascade of light. The world always felt a little emptier without him casting a shadow on it.

Did anyone ever really get the hang of goodbyes, even to strangers? Especially to strangers. Laura waved, smiled, said "Well, I'll see you!" and turned to head off, praying that May wasn't headed the same way. No, right? Right. Laura was off in the direction of Overgrow Forest, hopefully to learn more aboout Irene's disappearance, and already tapping out a text to Jade to ask her to come with.

For the first time, it was starting to feel like the remaining trainer and pokémon partners on the island might be in with a chance.

<><><><><>​

Day 7 - A conversation with Xavian

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven stood rooted in place after the morning roll call. Only Aggron tugging on the back of his jacket as he tried to tail Xavian out of the hall got him to move.

Hayes. Hayes was gone. So much had happened since the morning they had lunch together. It felt like it was a year ago. He hadn't had the chance to speak with him since. And now...

But maybe... Mitch had been rescued. Maybe that meant Hayes would be okay. And Reena, and everyone. They had to get to the bottom of this.

His mind was racing and his legs felt like jello by the time he and Aggron caught up to Xavian in the lounge. He took a deep breath and tried to refocus. Aggron hovered anxiously at his side, gracidea hidden in his cupped claws. They had a mission to complete, for their sake, for Shaymin, for Clink.

neutral straight ahead.png
Steven cleared his throat. "Excuse me, Mr. Montorzi? Do you have a moment? It's... about Clink. We might have a way to help with his illness."

@Flyg0n

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
At the sight of Steven, Xavian's expression seemed to soften and he offered a tired smile. When he heard Steven's next words however, his expression shifted completely, a mix of excitement and curiosity, as well as apprehension.

"Do you truly? They are responding to Nurse Joys treatments but its so slowly, and I fear for them... they have been so weak they're not recovered yet."

He glanced around the room, then back to Steven. "Please, tell me what you know?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
At the sight of Steven, Xavian's expression seemed to soften and he offered a tired smile. When he heard Steven's next words however, his expression shifted completely, a mix of excitement and curiosity, as well as apprehension.

"Do you truly? They are responding to Nurse Joys treatments but its so slowly, and I fear for them... they have been so weak they're not recovered yet."

He glanced around the room, then back to Steven. "Please, tell me what you know?"
thinking face.png
"We think so," Steven replied. "Yesterday while exploring in the forest we encountered a Mythical pokemon, Shaymin."

At Steven's words, Aggron stepped forward and leaned down. He uncupped his claws in front of Xavian to reveal the gracidea flower nestled in his grasp.

"My friend Wal--" Steven caught himself, remembering what Wallace had said about his last conversation with their host. "My friend said Shaymin was known as a healer, so we asked her what kind of poison might affect a steel type like Clink. She offered her help in the form of this flower, saying it might be enough to help Clink overcome the poison that he's suffering from; a natural poison, not a battle one, which is why Nurse Joy's treatments aren't as effective."

eyes closed neutral.png
"Please, can you allow us to see Clink and deliver Shaymin's gracidea? We promised her we'd see to it that it made it to Clink safely."

Aggron stood back up to his full height and closed his claws protectively around the small flower.

"Also, as someone who specializes in steel types, perhaps I can be of some aid myself."

@Flyg0n

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"̴N̴o̴w̸ ̴i̸f̴ ̴I̴ ̴w̴e̶r̴e̷ ̷a̸ ̴r̴i̶c̴h̵ ̸b̷a̷s̶t̸a̴r̵d̸ ̴h̷a̶v̶i̵n̸g̸ ̵m̴y̵ ̶p̴a̷r̵t̵y̴ ̴c̵r̸a̴s̵h̶e̵d̶ ̸b̸y̷ ̸s̸o̵m̶e̴ ̷l̸o̸n̴e̵l̴y̴ ̵y̴e̷t̴ ̵p̵o̷w̷e̷r̴f̴u̸l̸ ̸v̷i̴r̶g̷i̷n̶ R̸e̵d̴d̴i̷t̷o̵r̶,̷ ̵w̸h̷e̵r̴e̴ ̸w̸o̸u̵l̴d̷ ̷I̴ ̵h̷i̴d̶e̴?̴"̷ Odile muttered to herself as she walked through the doors of the lounge. Narrowing her eyes, she scanned the low lit room, looking for any sign of mingling. Or life in general. The only rich bastard she knew well was Clovis, and Clovis would most likely hang out in a place that had a lot of books, or a lot of booze. And the place with a lot of booze was empty. So this was her next stop.

It ended up being the lucky one, because she caught sight of the man in question. With Clovis 2.0--sorry, sTEvEn--and Aggron. Surely they wouldn't mind a third body with them, would they? And if they did, well. Tough shit. She was trying to be amicable and no motherfucker was gonna stop her. She wasn't above taking anybody's kneecaps today, even if she was trying to be what one would call a "model citizen."

Odile Beaming.PNG
"̷H̶i̸y̸a̷,̷"̴ she greeted when she got close enough. "̶S̴o̴r̸r̴y̵ ̷t̵o̴ ̷b̴o̴t̶h̴e̸r̴ ̶y̷o̶u̶-̸-̶"̸ even though she wasn't really, that just seemed to be what people said when they interrupted a conversation, "̶-̴-̶b̶u̶t̴ ̴I̶ ̶w̴a̴n̶t̸e̵d̸ ̸t̴o̶ ̴b̴r̸i̸n̴g̵ ̵y̷o̶u̶ ̴s̸o̵m̸e̵t̷h̸i̶n̶g̶,̴ ̸M̵r̸.̵ ̷S̴i̵r̸.̵ ̶W̸e̵l̸l̵,̶ ̴m̶y̵ ̵t̵r̵a̴i̶n̸e̵r̴ ̴a̶n̴d̶ ̶I̶ ̷d̴i̷d̷,̷ ̵b̸u̸t̶ ̸s̶h̴e̶'̸s̶ ̸i̵n̷d̸i̷s̴p̷o̶s̶e̸d̸ ̷r̵i̴g̷h̵t̸ ̴n̸o̶w̵ ̴a̶n̵d̶ ̷t̸o̴l̴d̶ ̷m̷e̷ ̸t̴o̴ ̷b̷e̶g̶o̶n̵e̷ ̷s̷o̷ ̶I̵'̴m̸ ̸h̵e̴r̸e̶ ̷o̸n̶ ̸h̴e̸r̴ ̸b̸e̷h̵a̴l̴f̶,̸ ̵i̵f̶ ̶t̵h̷a̶t̵'̴s̸ ̷a̶l̸r̸i̶g̵h̷t̵.̵"̶

Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
She looked down toward the drinks in her hands, realizing she'd accidentally brought the latte along. She guessed it didn't matter.

"̶S̸o̶,̷ ̶w̶e̴ ̷w̵e̵r̸e̵n̴'̷t̸ ̸s̷u̶r̸e̶ ̷w̴h̷a̶t̵ ̵y̴o̸u̵ ̴l̷i̷k̸e̵d̵ ̷t̶o̶ ̸d̶r̴i̴n̶k̶,̸ ̶b̵u̶t̴ ̴m̶y̴ ̶t̴r̶a̷i̶n̸e̵r̴-̶-̶h̸e̸r̷ ̴n̵a̸m̷e̷ ̸i̵s̶ ̵O̴d̶e̵t̷t̶e̴.̵"̷ ̷She paused abruptly, averting her eyes up to the ceiling in quick thought. "̵H̵i̸,̵ ̴I̵'̷m̷ ̵O̵d̷i̷l̵e̶.̴"̴

There, introductions out of the way; now she could get to the point.

̸"̶A̸n̴y̶w̷a̴y̷,̵ ̴m̸y̶ ̶t̸r̶a̶i̷n̵e̴r̶ ̷s̸a̴i̴d̴ ̴y̷o̸u̷ ̴l̵o̷o̴k̵e̷d̴ ̷a̸ ̴l̸i̷t̸t̷l̴e̷ ̷s̷l̶e̷e̶p̸y̷ ̶t̷h̶i̵s̷ ̸m̷o̶r̵n̸i̴n̶g̶ ̸a̶n̵d̶ ̸t̸h̵o̵u̷g̶h̸t̸ ̸i̸t̶ ̸w̷o̸u̷l̸d̵ ̴b̸e̸ ̴n̶i̸c̵e̶ ̷t̵o̵ ̴b̶r̴i̸n̶g̶ ̷y̴o̶u̴ ̶a̸ ̴p̷i̷c̶k̸-̷m̵e̶-̵u̶p̷,̷ ̷b̸u̸t̸ ̵w̸e̴ ̵w̸e̴r̷e̷n̸'̶t̶ ̸s̵u̷r̸e̸ ̷w̷h̶a̶t̷ ̸y̴o̴u̴ ̵l̷i̴k̵e̸d̵ ̷t̸o̷ ̷d̸r̶i̴n̶k̴.̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̷a̸i̶d̵ ̷i̸t̵ ̸s̷h̸o̵u̷l̷d̷ ̵b̴e̸ ̵a̴ ̷m̵i̷l̷k̶s̶h̴a̴k̷e̵,̸ ̴b̴e̵c̶a̷u̴s̸e̸ ̷e̷v̶e̵r̶y̸o̴n̵e̸ ̶l̵i̸k̴e̵s̷ ̷m̸i̸l̸k̵s̸h̸a̷k̸e̸s̸,̵ ̶b̸u̴t̶ ̶a̸p̷p̶a̷r̴e̷n̸t̴l̷y̸ ̵l̴a̵c̷t̴o̸s̵e̷ ̷i̵n̶t̶o̴l̶e̷r̶a̸n̸c̸e̴ ̴i̵s̴ ̴a̸ ̶t̷h̶i̸n̷g̷,̴ ̵s̸o̷ ̸s̶h̷e̶ ̴t̵o̶l̸d̵ ̸m̷e̵ ̸t̸h̶a̷t̵ ̵w̸a̸s̶ ̸a̶ ̶b̸a̴d̴ ̵i̴d̵e̶a̵.̵ ̷S̵h̸e̵ ̵w̶a̷n̷t̵e̴d̶ ̶t̷o̶ ̸b̶r̵i̶n̴g̷ ̶y̶o̸u̷ ̵s̵o̷m̴e̷ ̶w̷a̵t̷e̵r̸,̵ ̶b̷u̵t̷ ̴I̶ ̷s̵a̶i̶d̶ ̵y̵o̴u̶ ̵c̴o̷u̸l̷d̷ ̷l̷i̴t̴e̵r̵a̴l̶l̴y̵ ̵g̴e̴t̸ ̵t̶h̸a̸t̶ ̶o̴u̸t̷ ̵o̵f̷ ̸a̷ ̶f̶a̶u̸c̵e̴t̶,̷ ̴s̶o̷ ̸t̶h̴a̵t̶ ̸d̸i̴d̸n̵'̵t̵ ̵w̴o̶r̵k̵ ̷e̸i̴t̶h̷e̶r̶.̸ ̷S̵o̶,̵ ̶w̷e̴ ̶d̶e̷c̶i̶d̵e̸d̴ ̴o̸n̸ ̴a̴ ̶h̵a̴p̷p̵y̶ ̶l̶a̷r̷g̷e̴.̶ ̷W̸a̶i̷t̷,̷ ̸n̵o̶.̴ ̴M̵e̴d̶i̸u̴m̶.̶ ̷T̸h̶e̵ ̷d̵r̵i̵n̸k̶ ̵i̵s̴ ̸l̵a̴r̷g̷e̴,̶ ̵b̷u̶t̴ ̷I̶ ̵m̶e̸a̶n̴t̵ ̸h̶a̷p̷p̴y̵ ̷m̵e̸d̷i̷u̷m̷.̴"̴

Odile Beaming.PNG
She held out the hot coffee cup before setting it on the table in front of Xavian. ̴"̶T̸h̴i̵s̸ ̶i̸s̴ ̶a̵ ̴r̴e̸g̴u̸l̵a̴r̴ ̶c̴o̸f̵f̵e̸e̸ ̷w̸i̴t̵h̴ ̵t̸h̸r̵e̸e̷ ̶s̶u̷g̷a̷r̷s̷,̸ ̸b̵e̵c̵a̵u̸s̵e̵ ̵t̶h̴a̷t̷'̵s̶ ̵t̵h̴e̶ ̴a̷v̸e̷r̶a̷g̶e̶,̴ ̴a̴n̵d̶ ̴a̴ ̷n̵o̴n̷-̵d̴a̷i̵r̶y̷ ̷c̶r̷e̴a̸m̶e̵r̶.̷ ̵B̵e̵c̴a̸u̷s̷e̷ ̶l̶a̵c̴t̴o̵s̶e̸ ̵i̴n̵t̷o̷l̷e̴r̴a̵n̶c̸e̵.̴"̷ ̶She made a gesture toward the coffee, as if presenting him with a prestigious prize. After letting him behold it for a little bit, she held up her free hand reassuringly."̶B̷u̷t̴ ̸i̸f̷ ̴t̷h̴a̴t̵'̸s̸ ̶n̵o̵t̸ ̷y̶o̶u̶r̵ ̸c̷u̷p̷ ̸o̷f̷ ̵t̵e̷a̸,̶ ̷I̸ ̶a̵l̶s̷o̵ ̵h̸a̴v̴e̷ ̶a̷ ̵l̵i̸t̶e̸r̵a̸l̷ ̵c̷u̷p̶ ̴o̶f̵ ̶t̸e̶a̵.̷"̸

Another dramatic gesture, this time to the iced drink she was still carrying. ̷"̴T̴h̵i̷s̶ ̴i̵s̶ ̴a̷n̴ ̶I̸c̵e̴d̵ ̴G̴a̵l̴a̶r̴i̸a̵n̵ ̶f̶o̷g̸ ̵l̵a̸t̴t̴e̵-̵-̸b̸a̴s̴i̵c̴a̸l̶l̸y̸ ̶j̵u̴s̷t̶ ̷s̵o̵m̵e̵ ̷s̵t̸u̵p̶i̶d̸ ̶a̵s̴ ̷s̷h̵i̷t̶ ̵f̴a̷n̸c̵y̵ ̶n̵a̴m̴e̵ ̴f̷o̵r̶ ̶a̸n̷ ̴i̸c̶e̶d̶ ̸E̴a̵r̶l̷ ̵G̵r̴e̴y̵ ̷t̵e̸a̶ ̸w̶i̵t̶h̵ ̴v̵a̷n̷i̵l̴l̴a̷ ̴s̵y̵r̸u̸p̵ ̴a̸n̷d̷ ̵m̶i̶l̸k̶.̶ ̴I̴t̵ ̸w̶a̶s̴ ̴s̴u̷p̶p̶o̴s̴e̵d̶ ̸t̸o̷ ̷b̵e̶ ̶f̷o̶r̷ ̸O̵d̴e̶t̸t̵e̵ ̷b̵u̵t̷ ̵s̴h̷e̶ ̶w̸a̶n̸t̷e̷d̵ ̸t̴o̷ ̴o̷f̵f̴e̵r̸ ̵i̸t̶ ̷t̵o̵ ̶y̸o̵u̶ ̵f̸i̴r̴s̵t̴ ̵b̷e̵c̷a̶u̴s̴e̷ ̷s̷h̶e̵'̴s̸ ̶w̵o̷r̸r̷i̶e̸d̵ ̸a̷b̷o̴u̵t̴ ̷y̸o̵u̷.̵ ̴I̸ ̸a̸m̷ ̴t̴o̸o̵,̸ ̷w̵h̸i̵c̸h̶ ̴i̸s̶ ̷w̴h̸y̶ ̵I̷'̷m̸ ̷h̷e̵r̴e̸,̴ ̴d̷u̸h̸.̶"̵

She set that one down next to the coffee. "̸O̵r̷ ̷i̷f̶ ̴y̷o̵u̸'̷r̸e̴ ̷r̶e̵a̸l̴l̶y̶ ̶t̷h̸i̴r̷s̶t̶y̸,̶ ̵y̷o̴u̷ ̸c̸a̶n̶ ̵h̷a̷v̴e̵ ̶b̴o̶t̴h̵.̷ ̶I̴ ̷d̸o̷n̶'̵t̵ ̵m̴i̸n̷d̸.̸ ̵O̵h̷!̴ ̸A̷n̷d̸ ̴I̸ ̸h̷a̷v̵e̵ ̴t̶h̵i̷s̴.̶"̴

An excited hand traveled down to the pocket of her joggers, where she managed to fish out a small potted cactus. It was a big pocket, so she had no issue stuffing it in there for the walk over. She excitedly set it next to the drinks, beaming at Xavian as she did.

"̶T̶h̵a̷t̴ ̷w̸a̴s̴ ̵m̵y̸ ̷i̶d̴e̶a̷.̶ ̴I̸ ̵w̷a̴n̴t̷e̵d̸ ̵t̷o̷ ̶m̴a̶k̷e̶ ̸a̶ ̶c̶a̸c̴t̵u̵s̴ ̶b̷o̴u̸q̴u̴e̴t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̷ ̵t̸h̶e̶r̷e̵'̷s̸ ̸l̴i̵t̴e̷r̸a̵l̷l̷y̶ ̶n̶o̷ ̸c̴a̷c̵t̵i̵ ̷h̶e̷r̵e̴-̴-̵y̷o̸u̷ ̶s̵h̶o̷u̷l̸d̵ ̶c̶h̸a̵n̸g̸e̴ ̵t̷h̸a̷t̵ ̸b̴y̷ ̴t̷h̴e̵ ̸w̵a̵y̵,̴ ̷b̶u̴t̸ ̸I̸ ̷w̸o̸n̶'̵t̸ ̸t̸e̶l̸l̵ ̶y̷o̸u̶ ̸h̵o̵w̸ ̴t̷o̸ ̷r̴u̵n̵ ̸y̴o̴u̶r̴ ̴i̴s̷l̶a̸n̸d̸-̴-̸s̸o̸ ̴I̶ ̸j̷u̷s̵t̵ ̸w̵e̵n̵t̴ ̸t̸o̵ ̵t̶h̶e̷ ̸s̸h̶o̷p̶ ̴a̴n̶d̶ ̸g̴o̵t̷ ̷t̶h̸a̵t̸ ̸g̶u̴y̸.̴ ̷I̶ ̷k̶n̶o̴w̴ ̸y̸o̵u̵'̸r̸e̷ ̴t̶i̶r̵e̵d̶ ̵r̵i̴g̶h̸t̴ ̵n̵o̵w̶,̶ ̸s̴o̴ ̷y̴o̶u̴ ̵d̷o̸n̸'̵t̶ ̵e̷v̴e̸n̸ ̸h̷a̷v̶e̶ ̸t̸o̴ ̷w̷a̸t̷e̷r̷ ̸h̶i̶m̶.̵ ̷H̷e̴'̷l̵l̵ ̸j̶u̵s̴t̴ ̵s̵i̸t̷ ̷t̸h̶e̴r̴e̷ ̶a̷n̷d̴ ̷s̵m̸i̶l̴e̵ ̴a̵t̶ ̴y̶o̷u̷ ̴b̵e̸c̸a̸u̵s̵e̸ ̶I̷ ̷f̴e̴e̸l̸ ̷l̵i̴k̸e̶ ̸a̴l̷l̸ ̵c̸a̵c̷t̵i̶ ̷a̷r̸e̵ ̷s̷m̸i̸l̸i̶n̵g̴ ̴s̶o̴m̴e̵h̸o̴w̶.̸"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
A strange look crossed Xavian's face, one of nostalgia and wonder as he gazed at the flower cradled in Aggron's claws. He reached out, then seemed to reconsider and withdrew his hand. "Shaymin," he whispered softly, almost to himself. A soft smile drifted across his features, one not forced. He looked up at Steven, studying his face, then Aggron.

Before he could formulate a reply to Steven's question, Odile arrived. Xavian stared in a daze as she rambled, murmuring a 'pleased to meet you Odile' somewhere in the midst of her speech. He'd seen her around, of course, but being in the midst of such a strange pokemon was still unnerving. Of all the things he'd witnessed in his travels, he could honestly say he hadn't met anything quite like her.

"Thank you," he said politely, taking the cup of coffee. That was rather nice of Odette, and he could use a cup. He hadn't had a chance to stop by the cafe and pick one up. "I appreciate it, truly I do." At the sight of the cacti, he chuckled. "A cati is an excellent companion," he said, picking it up and examining it. "This would be a welcome addition to my room." And he seemed to mean it too. "And er... speaking of-"

He glanced between her and Steven. Odette... well, he trusted these trainers well enough, and they seemed genuine. "Your friend here was just asking after Clink and Orzo. I understand he says he can help them, and I believe... I believe he may be right."

Xavian turned back to Steven, setting the cactus down for a moment. "If you can truly offer some aid, Steven, then I would appreciate that, and if you promised Shaymin you would deliver it safely, I understand. I will permit you to see Clink, but..."

Xavian took a breath, composing his thoughts. "I would ask you not spread word of this, or of Clink and Orzo. I understand I am not many people's favorite person, but I cannot bear the thought of harm coming to my partners because people are mad at me. Can you both promise at least, not to tell everyone where they are staying? I desire to give them their privacy."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Xavian turned back to Steven, setting the cactus down for a moment. "If you can truly offer some aid, Steven, then I would appreciate that, and if you promised Shaymin you would deliver it safely, I understand. I will permit you to see Clink, but..."

Xavian took a breath, composing his thoughts. "I would ask you not spread word of this, or of Clink and Orzo. I understand I am not many people's favorite person, but I cannot bear the thought of harm coming to my partners because people are mad at me. Can you both promise at least, not to tell everyone where they are staying? I desire to give them their privacy."
Steven had to resist the urge to stare long and hard at Odile. First, for barging in with coffee and sweet talking (which he didn't even think she was physically capable of), and second, because Xavian was asking for their word to keep his partners safe, protected.

Yes, they were trying to find information out about what happened with Clink and Orzo: how were they poisoned, was it from Irene, was Orzo somehow related to what was happening with these disappearances? But he wouldn't jeopardize the health and safety of an innocent pokemon to do so. They came to help Clink regardless of what Orzo's role was in all of this. They'd promised Shaymin as much.

Odile better realize how important it was to not make an enemy of their host and his pokemon which were directly in control of everyone on this island's collective fates.

"You have my word, Mr. Montorzi. Clink's health is our number one priority. Curing the poison comes first, but keeping him safe while he rests and recovers is just as important."

neutral face.png
Aggron nodded at his side. Clink first. Whatever else they found out beyond that was gravy. And he liked gravy.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Odile Sparkle Eyed.PNG
Odile gasped. "̸W̶a̵i̸t̴,̸ ̷y̵o̵u̴'̴r̴e̴ ̴g̶o̶i̴n̴g̸ ̶t̵o̶ ̵s̴e̴e̴ ̶C̴l̵i̸n̵k̸?̵"̴ That was very exciting indeed. The thought of it made her eyes light up in absolute glee.

She leaned down to pick up the cactus and held it up in front of her face. "̴I̵f̵ ̴i̷t̶'̸s̶ ̸n̷o̵t̵ ̶t̴o̷o̵ ̵m̷u̷c̵h̶ ̴t̴o̶ ̸a̷s̵k̸,̵ ̴c̴o̴u̸l̶d̷ ̴I̵ ̴s̷h̵o̵w̶ ̸C̴l̸i̶n̷k̵ ̸t̵h̷e̸ ̶c̴a̶c̵t̵u̵s̷ ̴t̴o̵o̶?̶ ̶K̶l̸e̸f̸k̸i̵ ̴l̷o̶v̴e̵ ̶c̸a̸c̷t̶i̵.̵ ̶A̴n̴d̷ ̴I̸ ̸c̵o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶p̸u̵t̶ ̶i̸t̵ ̶i̷n̶ ̴t̴h̴e̴ ̴b̸e̸s̷t̶ ̴s̵p̷o̸t̸ ̸f̴o̸r̸ ̵y̸o̵u̷ ̵a̸l̸l̴ ̴t̵o̶ ̷e̸n̷j̷o̷y̵ ̴i̸t̵.̸"̸

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
At this point, she was resisting the urge to laugh outright. Not at Xavian, or Steven, but at Odette's intangible expense. Odette had been so convinced that Odile was going to cause a problem today, yet here she was, about to find out where Xavian's room was. The information they'd been set on getting today. How about that.

See, she could do this nice thing if it meant she got shit she wanted. It was pretty fun like that, next to whatever that fuzzy feeling that was building up in her chest was. She liked how it felt; she'd have to ask Odette about what that was later. But now, what could she say to really drive this home? She had to think...

"̴I̵'̵m̷ ̶n̶o̴t̶ ̶m̴a̴d̴ ̴a̶t̵ ̷y̷o̶u̸ ̷a̵t̶ ̵a̷l̵l̸,̸ ̸M̸r̵.̴ ̴S̸i̶r̸.̷ ̵Y̷o̴u̵ ̴d̴i̸d̵n̷'̷t̷ ̵a̵s̷k̸ ̷f̷o̶r̶ ̸t̸h̵i̸s̴ ̴a̸s̶s̴h̷o̵l̴e̷ ̴t̸o̸ ̶c̷r̷a̴s̸h̶ ̸y̴o̷u̴r̴ ̸p̶a̶r̸t̸y̴.̴ ̵P̸e̶o̶p̴l̸e̶ ̷a̸r̵e̴ ̶j̶u̴s̴t̵ ̶v̴e̵r̸y̶ ̶c̸l̴o̴s̴e̴ ̷m̶i̴n̶d̷e̴d̵,̶ ̵b̶u̸t̴ ̴y̵o̶u̴'̴r̸e̸ ̸d̷o̵i̸n̵g̸ ̵y̷o̶u̷r̷ ̴b̶e̴s̴t̶.̴"̴

Brilliant. More fuzzies. Did that mean she was doing a good job?

"̶A̶n̵d̵ ̴o̶f̷ ̷c̶o̶u̸r̴s̶e̶,̶ ̷m̷y̵ ̸l̷i̸p̸s̸ ̵a̷r̷e̵ ̴s̵e̴a̶l̴e̷d̸.̶"̷

H̶E̸Y̸ ̷O̶D̶E̶T̷T̸E̶,̷ she thought, silently projecting her screaming voice over to her vessel. ̵X̵E̴N̴O̵M̶O̵R̷P̶H̴ ̸I̵S̶ ̵A̵B̷O̷U̸T̷ ̴T̶O̵ ̵T̶E̵L̸L̴ ̴M̶E̴ ̵W̷H̴E̶R̸E̶ ̸H̷I̸S̵ ̵R̸O̴O̸M̵ ̶I̴S̶.̴ ̷S̸U̴C̵K̷ ̸M̷Y̷ ̷D̵I̶C̴K̴.̷ ̴

She turned toward that clear wall that separated her from the members of the Thousand Road Forum who were currently witnessing her exchange and gave a polite shrug. She wasn't breaking her promise, because her mouth was indeed still closed.

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"You have my word, Mr. Montorzi. Clink's health is our number one priority. Curing the poison comes first, but keeping him safe while he rests and recovers is just as important."
"Thank you," Xavian said. He could trust Steven, right. And Odile... well as weird as she was she didn't seem like she wanted to cause genuine harm, even he was aware of some chaos she'd caused. He felt he could at least trust them to be reasonable and not have any ill intentions.

"̸W̶a̵i̸t̴,̸ ̷y̵o̵u̴'̴r̴e̴ ̴g̶o̶i̴n̴g̸ ̶t̵o̶ ̵s̴e̴e̴ ̶C̴l̵i̸n̵k̸?̵"̴ That was very exciting indeed. The thought of it made her eyes light up in absolute glee.

She leaned down to pick up the cactus and held it up in front of her face. "̴I̵f̵ ̴i̷t̶'̸s̶ ̸n̷o̵t̵ ̶t̴o̷o̵ ̵m̷u̷c̵h̶ ̴t̴o̶ ̸a̷s̵k̸,̵ ̴c̴o̴u̸l̶d̷ ̴I̵ ̴s̷h̵o̵w̶ ̸C̴l̸i̶n̷k̵ ̸t̵h̷e̸ ̶c̴a̶c̵t̵u̵s̷ ̴t̴o̵o̶?̶ ̶K̶l̸e̸f̸k̸i̵ ̴l̷o̶v̴e̵ ̶c̸a̸c̷t̶i̵.̵ ̶A̴n̴d̷ ̴I̸ ̸c̵o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶p̸u̵t̶ ̶i̸t̵ ̶i̷n̶ ̴t̴h̴e̴ ̴b̸e̸s̷t̶ ̴s̵p̷o̸t̸ ̸f̴o̸r̸ ̵y̸o̵u̷ ̵a̸l̸l̴ ̴t̵o̶ ̷e̸n̷j̷o̷y̵ ̴i̸t̵.̸"̸
"...I suppose that would be fine." Besides, perhaps Clink would appreciate some visitors. He was less sure about the 'Klefki love cacti' bit, but shrugged it off.

"̴I̵'̵m̷ ̶n̶o̴t̶ ̶m̴a̴d̴ ̴a̶t̵ ̷y̷o̶u̸ ̷a̵t̶ ̵a̷l̵l̸,̸ ̸M̸r̵.̴ ̴S̸i̶r̸.̷ ̵Y̷o̴u̵ ̴d̴i̸d̵n̷'̷t̷ ̵a̵s̷k̸ ̷f̷o̶r̶ ̸t̸h̵i̸s̴ ̴a̸s̶s̴h̷o̵l̴e̷ ̴t̸o̸ ̶c̷r̷a̴s̸h̶ ̸y̴o̷u̴r̴ ̸p̶a̶r̸t̸y̴.̴ ̵P̸e̶o̶p̴l̸e̶ ̷a̸r̵e̴ ̶j̶u̴s̴t̵ ̶v̴e̵r̸y̶ ̶c̸l̴o̴s̴e̴ ̷m̶i̴n̶d̷e̴d̵,̶ ̵b̶u̸t̴ ̴y̵o̶u̴'̴r̸e̸ ̸d̷o̵i̸n̵g̸ ̵y̷o̶u̷r̷ ̴b̶e̴s̴t̶.̴"̴

Brilliant. More fuzzies. Did that mean she was doing a good job?

"̶A̶n̵d̵ ̴o̶f̷ ̷c̶o̶u̸r̴s̶e̶,̶ ̷m̷y̵ ̸l̷i̸p̸s̸ ̵a̷r̷e̵ ̴s̵e̴a̶l̴e̷d̸.̶"̷
"And I appreciate that," he said. "Truly, it warms my heart to hear." His gaze drifted again to the gracidea flower Aggron cradled. Taking it would be rude and breaking their promise to Shaymin. This was what he needed to do.

"Please, follow me."

Day 7 - Short lived relief (Steven and Wes)

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven knew Aggron was on a mission to get back to their room as quickly as possible when another petal fell off the gracidea in the hallway leading back to the main lounge.

Only Steven's hand coming to rest on his partner's arm was enough to slow him down before he barreled straight out through the hidden entrance.

"Discretion, please," Steven reminded him gently, and Aggron gave an apologetic swish of his tail.

Steven casually poked his head out into the lounge, and when he saw that it was clear, held the door for Aggron exit. The pair then hurried their way across the lounge toward the door.

They nearly made it when the lounge door swung open, and in walked a certain trenchcoat wearing trainer carrying his Espeon like a football.

There was no avoiding the duo, and definitely not when his Umbreon nosed its way through the door moments later.

Steven froze as their eyes met. The day they crossed paths was a haze in his memory, but Wes's words to him cut through bright and clear.

He managed a stiff smile. "Wes," he greeted with a curt nod.

Next to him, Aggron cocked his head at Steven's odd behavior and rumbled a quiet question. What about this trainer made Steven react so alarmed? He hunched over, horns forward and gracidea tucked protectively against his chest, just in case.

@HelloYellow17

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Fortunately, it didn’t take long for Neo to recover from his spell. Not that it made a huge difference for Wes, though—after Neo was done hacking up the rest of the pastry he’d apparently eaten (and the sight of half-eaten pastry was enough to spoil Wes’ appetite for quite a while), he then curled into Wes’ coat with a pitiful whimper.

With a sigh, Wes hefted the Espeon up into both arms and tucked him close to his chest. “Big baby,” he muttered, though he couldn’t hold back a small grin. The last time he’d held his Pokémon like this, Neo had still been a tiny Eevee.

It had been a similar situation then, too; comforting two sick Eevee after a plate of bad meat at the Pyrite Diner. Good gods, Wes had to take a moment to be grateful that at least this time, he only had to deal with one vomiting Pokémon.

Steven froze as their eyes met. The day they crossed paths was a haze in his memory, but Wes's words to him cut through bright and clear.

He managed a stiff smile. "Wes," he greeted with a curt nod.
They’d nearly made it across the lounge when a voice made him jump. Wes glanced around and saw none other than…the dandy. What was his name? Steven? And—holy hell, that was a massive Aggron next to him, cradling what looked like a flower of some sort—

Wes stopped short and, after taking a minute to process, returned the nod. “Hi. You, uh…doing any better?” He at least looked a lot better than Wes had last seen him. Not that that was saying a whole lot.

Neo raised his head from where he’d tucked his snout under Wes’ coat and chirped cheerfully at the pair, all signs of illness gone. Wes raised an eyebrow at him. “Oh, feeling better now, are we?” he asked dryly.
Next to him, Aggron cocked his head at Steven's odd behavior and rumbled a quiet question. What about this trainer made Steven react so alarmed? He hunched over, horns forward and gracidea tucked protectively against his chest, just in case.
The Aggron’s defensive stance was not lost on Wes. He shifted Neo to one arm and held up a hand. “Easy, I’m not—not going to accuse you, or whatever.” He cleared his throat and averted his gaze to…anywhere that wasn’t Steven’s apprehensive face. “Sorry about that, by the way. That wasn’t…I wasn’t…yeah. Sorry.”

Novo, silent as the shadows, moved from behind Wes and stood in front of his trainer before looking up unflinchingly at Aggron. He adapted a firm stance—not aggressive, but resolute, and the wordless message was clear: do not come closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom