• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Main Hall - Cotton Down Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Located in the main hall, this lounge is the perfect spot to rest between events or exploration outings. With the banquet over, the area is now fairly quiet. The wide couches, love seats and plush beanbag chairs create a relaxing atmosphere. One corner sports a bookcase with various novels and training manuals and biographies, while another has chairs arranged around a television set.

It’s a good place for running into familiar faces, or perhaps unfamiliar ones!

***​

Day 1 - Coleane, Gen, Wes, Merian, and Nico - Please Don't Hurt Us

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Coleane was plopped on a gigantic beanbag chair, wings fanned out as she chatted with her friends online. Ah, this was the life! All cozy and warm and with friends.

Gen was snuggled up against her, his tail wagging. Ah, it was so nice to just be snug. One of the few perks of being an Oshawott, he could get snug more easily.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Wes would have never been caught dead going to a place like this, but... well, it wasn't entirely his choice. He'd practically been dragged here by Nico, who seemed to want to visit as many different places as possible.

Merian was with them, too, of course, though he seemed distracted by something...

As he looked around, Wes could only see a Tropius and Oshawott in the room.

Well, at least I don't have to deal with any more humans.

He sat down in a random chair, still surveying the room.

Nico walked over to the bookcase, while Merian stayed near Wes.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Seeing a human enter the room, Coleane smiled brightly, and raised a wing in greeting. "Hi!" she spoke in human. "Who are you?"

Gen nearly yelped when one of the doppelgangers entered the room. Crap, this place wasn't safe! His eyes widened in fear as Coleane spoke. What was the man going to do in response? Was he going to try to kill them? He was scared. He didn't want to die. He didn't want him or Coleane or anyone to die.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Wes glanced over, seeing who had spoken--

The Tropius just talked to him. In words. Actual words he could hear and understand. Holy shit.

"...Uh. Hi. I'm Wes." He paused, then quickly continued, "I'm sorry, did you... speak in a human language? And I can actually understand you?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yepperdoodles!" Coleane said, letting her wings fall back. "I'm Coleane! Nice to meet you!"

Gen had a pleading look on his face, as he kept nervously glancing at the doppleganger, expecting him to pull out a knife any minute now.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"...Nice to meet you, too." He chuckled lightly, then said, "Sorry, in case you couldn't tell, I'm, uh, not used to being able to verbally understand pokémon."

He glanced over at the Oshawott, who currently looked like he'd seen a ghost. "Um, can you... talk too?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Almost all the other humans I've met weren't able to, either! It's really weird!" Coleane said, fanning out two wings for emphasis.

"Y-yeah..." Gen said, gripping tightly onto his reunion cape. "Are...are you g-going to hurt us?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Almost all the other humans I've met weren't able to, either! It's really weird!" Coleane said, fanning out two wings for emphasis.

"Huh. So... you must be special, then. To be able to be understood, I mean." He said with a slight smile.

"Y-yeah..." Gen said, gripping tightly onto his reunion cape. "Are...are you g-going to hurt us?"

He blinked, clearly not expecting such an answer. "No. I'd never dare hurt a pokémon, even unintentionally."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"B-but...on the ship, you sh-shouted 'kill them all'..." Gen said, trembling.

Coleane's eyes widened. "He did?!"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"B-but...on the ship, you sh-shouted 'kill them all'..."

He grunted. "I meant all the humans. I would've spared the pokémon, of course."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
That...that only made Gen feel more terrified. What would Wes have done if he knew that Gen was a human?

Coleane draped a wing over Gen protectively, and asked, "Why?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Coleane draped a wing over Gen protectively, and asked, "Why?"

"Well, it depends what you mean by 'why'. If you're asking why I'd kill all humans, that's because I... uh, kinda lost my temper back on the boat. Some psycho copycat was trying to attack me, so I, uh, didn't take that too well. As for why I'd spare pokémon, well, I like to consider myself a savior of pokémon. A protector, guardian... whatever word you want to use." He shrugged. "I just can't stand seeing them be hurt in any way."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen tugged on Coleane's wing, and asked, "C-can we go? I don't feel safe here."

Coleane said, "Yep...I don't get good vibes from him either. Humans are so cool, why would anyone want to kill them all?"

Gen felt around in his bag, and breathed a sigh of relief as he felt Veri's Dagger in it. If worst came to worst, he could get himself and Coleane out of here.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Nico came back from the bookcase and tilted his head as he looked over at Coleane and Gen. "Wes does not kill without first being provoked. As long as a human does not do something to agitate him, he will not harm them."

--

Merian nodded and quietly said, "Yeah. Normally, he just doesn't like people, but... uh, y-yeah, if you're a human, you'd better hope you stay on his good side."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I s-still don't feel safe..." Gen said, wiggling out of his cozy spot and onto the floor, before standing back up.

Coleane hopped off of the beanbag, and said, "It was nice meeting you, Wes! Be seeing you!"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"...Yeah, see you." He slowly waved as Coleane and the Oshawott left.

Once they were gone, he sighed. "Well, so much for that."

Nico sat, ears twitching. "Unfortunate. Perhaps we will have better luck with others."

<> <> <>

Day 1 ~ Of course Pokemon can talk, but not like that [Jade & Coleane]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Breakfast was loud. Well, what would you expect with so many trainers and Pokemon in one place? Jade had thought about sitting next to May, the only person she'd really gotten a chance to talk with so far. But she hadn't seen the other girl at breakfast, and just ended up grabbing food to go.

Xavier's words still hung over her after she'd left. Portals to other worlds? What? This had to be some kind of game. Was there some script to all this and she'd just missed the memo? Was she supposed to play along?

...Was it actually real? Jade just didn't want to go along with that and then find out it really was just a game and that she was an idiot for taking it seriously.

More interesting was the implication that there were multiple Legendaries on this island, though.

"Do you really think there's Legendaries here?" Jade asked aloud. Would they really just hang out so close to a tourist destination?

Nine walked behind her, glancing around at the surroundings with a suspicious expression. "*If there are, they could be in danger*" he replied. "*Someone could infiltrate the island to capture them.*"

Jade folded her arms, contemplating. "Even if we found them, I don't think they'd let me get close. If this really is another world, I doubt my position back home would matter to anyone. I'm just a random kid here." Not for the first time since arriving, Jade found herself reaching for that presence in the back of her head and found it hovering just out of reach. It was still there, she could still feel it occupying a chunk of her brain. She just couldn't make contact. What did it mean?

"*They might listen to me,*" Nine mused. "*If they can sense what I am from my energy.*"

That was a good point. Back home, the Legendaries could tell that the Pikachu was a half-legend. Maybe it'd be the same here?

Jade didn't know the best way to get more information. Going around asking random people was too daunting. She ended up wandering into the lounge and, well... there were a ton of books here. Maybe one of them had some information about the local legends? Worth a shot. She scanned the bookshelves while Nine kept watch by the door.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Coleane and Gen had returned to the lounge after Wes had left. They were back on the beanbag they were on before, Gen snug under one of Coleane's wings as the Tropius herself watched a video about the history of master balls, and why they were swiftly deemed illegal soon after invention. Human inventions were so cool!

Hearing footsteps, Coleane paused the video with a vine, and looked up, seeing a human! And a Pikachu with...feathers? That was cool!

She raised a wing in greeting, and said in human, "Hiya!"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jade turned from the bookshelf at the sound of a voice to see a Tropius and an Oshawott relaxing in the corner. The lounge was so big that she'd missed them upon walking in.

"Oh, hi," Jade said. "Guessing you two were invited here with a trainer?"

Nine tilted his head at the Tropius but didn't say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom