• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
"I will, but lots of people haven't guessed yet," Tefiren insisted, more to the group at large than to the messy Human in particular. "It's better the more people guess."

[[Gotcha, Namo; I get how I was misreading that now.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave peered at Tefiren. What on Earth. He wracked his brain for any way that making people guess could possibly be actually important and not some weird ego-trip on the Archopy's part, and the only things he could come up with involved the organizers having gone batshit insane.

Well, on his own head be it if this got him murdered, if he was going to be this damn insistent that there was no possible way this'd go wrong. There was no way this could be a mafia ploy, right? People talking about hypothetical roles other people might have didn't reveal anything about their own, right?

"The obvious theory is you've got a bulletproof ability where you learn when your protection's been busted. Which, you know, would be bad to make public, so if you're as good at the game as you say I'm assuming that's not it and you're just making me say it because of some bullshit."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
summoned one of those anonymous beers out of the void and gathered his thoughts.
"Aw hell, y'can do that here? I might just have t'do the same."

Jesse produced a bottle labelled with a marowak skull, and started drinking as he continued his stenography.

55. Nefari clarifies that she chooses her power after the fourth Innocent death. DW straight-up begs for aggressive voting/shames people for opposing accusations. DW argues that Mafia Firefighters aren't a thing. They claim their role is Dark's Cunning, and the abilities are Howl (rolestop) and Knock-Off (firefighter).
56. Seren (Miyako) is still against baseless accusations.
57. Equitial (Mewtwo) reads DW as town and truthful. He also analyses the players.
58. Tefiren clarifies that the legacy Scum strat was to trick Town into sparing an Innocent just so they looked Town by extension, and that this was a bad strat that was unsuccessful, and not relevant to current meta.
59. Tefiren asks for a greater level of care in my logging, so as to not mislead anyone about interpretations of things said. Acknowledged.
60. Tefiren says Lexx was being suspicious by having such a preoccupation with old metas.
61. Tefiren corrects me in that Seren (Miyako) was identifying players experienced enough to have been targeted by Mafia, and indeed by Doctors, as a valid explanation for a no-kill N1. Tefiren is correct in this, my apologies for the clumsy misread.
62. Tefiren claims to know who was targeted by Mafia, and that it was not Dave.
63. Lexx stresses that accusations are not 'absolutely and completely' necessary to read-forming, contrary to Nefari's assertion. In fact, Lexx points out, the only time Mafia won under this host, early accusations cinched the game for Mafia.
64. Lexx is 100% confident that Nefari is Innocent.
65. Lexx thinks Jesse thinks Dave was rolestopped. Lexx thinks Jesse was blocked.
66. Tefiren alleges he doesn't know who the Mafia are, but he knows they went after an experienced player.
67. Tefiren quizzes Jesse on what he actually believed caused his own power to fizzle and what he was hoping to learn from Dave.
68. Lexx claims Dave wasn't jailed.
69. Nice.
70. Dave asks for clarification from Tefiren, claims his power wouldn't be prevented by jailing.
71. Altair supposes that Tefiren was targeted at night for his experience, but survived. He identifies Lexx as an alternative.
72. Kyros summarises the information so far. He concludes that Jesse and Lexx are truthful.
73. Kyros votes Lance, explicitly to apply pressure on a silent player who hasn't even notified that he's busy. [[N.B. he is busy irl.]]
74. Dave reckons Jesse's supposition that Dave was protected from night actions is unlikely, wonders if he's currying favour or wants Dave on-side.
75. Elyvorg (Tefiren) makes quite the effortpost, hopefully bringing certain circular discussions to a close. Of note, she identifies Chibi (Lexx) as having made less sense than usual, which she considers a reason to trust them slightly less.
76. Lusamine votes to Abstain, as she doesn't believe we can correctly lynch Scum. Phan (Lusamine) wants to avoid mislynch.
77. Lexx asserts that Tefiren misunderstood. The short of it is that he trusts early abstainers more than late ones.
78. Tefiren is fine with that. Trust restored.
79. Equitial (Mewtwo) makes an effortpost. He believes DW, and doesn't think Dave or Jesse have a specific claim to innocence. He says townies shouldn't regard him too highly, and warns scum against targeting him. He gives impressions of the players, and considers Seren (Miyako) the most sus of the newcomers, and Namo the best target from the veterans.
80. Lexx gives a take on which players read more or less as town. He doesn't outright sus anyone.
81. Tefiren is certain that Nefari and Mewtwo are town, and has takes on the rest. He wants everyone to guess his power.
82. Miyako asks Mewtwo if they're the Arsonist.
83. Alexander advises keeping a lid on roles to make the Scum squirm. [[Also Namo got vaxxed, is unwell.]]
84. Inkedust (Altair) gives reads, cautions about timezone inconvenience, and Abstains.
85. Mewtwo neither confirms nor denies that they're the Arsonist.
86. Dave defends early pressure-voting as a town strat, [[believes Nefari is town]], demands Tefiren spill his power, and scolds Miyako for poor judgment on Mewtwo.
87. Mellow (Namco) believes we shouldn't lynch. Doesn't actually vote abstain, though.
88. This Jessepost.

"Was that really a claim? I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I just thought it a passing comment."
"Sure was a fuckin' claim, I'd say! If the critter later depends on the notion that they got some power that's useful every night, this kinda 'passin' comment' would cast a li'l doubt, wouldn't y'say?"

Abstain: 3 (Namohysip, unrepentantAuthor, Seren)
Jesse: 1 (DawningWinds)
Lexx: 1 (windskull)
Miyako: 1 (Equitial)
"I'm sure glad there's a reliable power keepin' track of the most important figures. This'll save me a minute checkin' who's actually no-votin'."

you're boosted because you're incredibly observant and well-organized, just accept it my friend
[[I'll take that as a compliment! Laughing a little 'cause my adhd makes me a disorganised mess, except, apparently, for Mafia. Also, I think you should consider Phan experienced. She's very smart, with more experience than me, and her ploy in Xmas Mafia was genius.]]

"You're saying you tried to do something to the messy Human, and it failed? But why would that make you think that whatever he did that night would have also failed? That's what you started out asking him about. The only thing that would make those both be true isn't even a stopper, because that wouldn't stop him, just everyone who targets him. It's a... like, if someone could just, take the messy Human away and trap him somewhere for the night so nobody could get to him, and he couldn't get to anyone else." [[A jailer, is what he's getting at.]]

"Why would you ask the Human if his trick had failed as if you were so sure it did, when that's just one possibility out of lots? Why did you seem so sure he even had a trick, if your trick on him didn't end up telling you anything?"
"Ah, I'm fuckin' tired, so I'll lay it out simple-like. My power fizzled, which made me wonder whether Dave made himself immune to powers durin' the night usin' his own power, or whether someone else rendered him immune. Since he was immune to my power, I figured that made him eligible fer consideration as a target of last night's failed kill. I was hopin' he might give me the wink about whether this was his own doin' without my havin' to elaborate much, as I ain't keen to discuss my power this early."

Jesse shrugged and gestured vaguely at himself, Dave, and the sky above. "I ain't yet familiar with this dimension, an' the only one I've played in weren't exactly representative. I don't know the odds of any partic'lar explanation yet and I'm too bone-tired to go houndin' fer that info."

It really just feels like... Like you either want to get me on your side, or just really fucking want to believe I'm innocent, for some reason."
"In my ideal world, everyone's innocent," said Jesse, under his breath. "Anyway, I don't not want you to be innocent, yer fuckin' smart, and I want all the brains in this game on my fuckin' side, 'cause that'd just be fuckin' handy, right? Even if you're fuckin' insufferable. Gah. But it's like I said. I figured there were a chance you or someone else had a power that prevented others interactin' with ya in the night. I ain't an expert on what kinda powers might be in play, it seemed plausible enough to me."

"I still don't know what you're going off about with 'claims' and such."
"Someone get this poor fella a manual on Mafia, wouldya?"

"But anyway, doesn't anyone else want to guess what kind of tricks I could have that'd let me figure out exactly who the Mafia tried to catch last night?
"Fuck it, I'll bite, if only to get a denial outta ya. You can see what was tried on someone in the night, but not who was tryin' it."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave frowned, thinking. What if... what if Tefiren wanted people's guesses to rule out that they could be that role, if they were guessing something they wouldn't have multiples of? Would the mafia get anything out of that? But it wasn't like someone'd guess he was a cop or whatever anyway. In theory they could be trying to figure out who definitely wasn't bulletproof by seeing who'd guess bulletproof? But there could be more than one person with that sort of ability, right? Maybe some people should be cautious before making a guess? If only Tefiren could just fucking explain what was going on.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Arctozolt itared at the Mafia manual that had spontaneously manifested. The pages rapidly flipped on their own, yet the knowledge within was imparted onto Arctozolt all the same.

"Ok, that was WEIRD. And this is extremely fu-messed up," the creature said, the tail stopping inches away from its face.

I think it's Lexx. They seem very inconsistent with what they're saying. Vote for them to put the pressure on them.

"I get the head, I get to decide what we say! And I'm saying that we're voting Nobody," the chimera said.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hmph." Alexander wasn't very amused by this approach of the odd, winged Grovyle. "I don't make guesses. I don't make moves unless I am certain they will be correct. As such, I'm not going to entertain your game of guess-the-power."

[[I personally think it might also be bulletproof? But be careful. Hope you have another trick to keep alive.]]

Alexander's temple throbbed.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
Tefiren watched the messy Human sitting and thinking to himself, and was suddenly struck with the most weirdly clear realisation: he was thinking Tefiren might be doing this as a Mafia plan, and that innocent people shouldn't guess.

Well. Hmph. If the messy Human was going to ruin the chance of getting more guesses like that, Tefiren might as well just go ahead and announce it all now. He'd been meaning to do it before the day ended anyway, just in case the Mafia were even stupider than he already thought they were and messed everything up - and it was starting to get dark.

"Do you all want the answer now?" he began, shaking off his disgruntlement at the messy Human and starting to bounce on the balls of his foot-claws. "How do I know who They - the Mafia - tried to catch last night? How do I know? How do I know?"

He looked around the group, grinning all over his face, feeling a storm of giggles bubbling up inside him.

"Because it was me they tried to catch!" The giggling burst out of him as he remembered the thrill of the chase he'd been caught up in last night. not just all this talking stuff, the thrill of a chase, the likes of which he hadn't felt since-- "I didn't see who it was, but someone was trying to catch me, and I got away, just like I always do! I didn't need anyone else's tricks but my own!"

He was still buzzing with energy as he looked around the rest of the group. The messy Human was glaring at him. Some of the others looked like they'd been expecting more from this, too.

"See? A lot of you thought it was more complicated than that, but the answer's so simple! The Mafia tried to catch me because at least one of them must have known that I'm the best at this game. But they still underestimated me! Telling everyone this doesn't put me in any danger at all; why would it? Nobody can catch me! That's what I do!"

The others still didn't look nearly as impressed as they were supposed to. Well, no matter - he hadn't even got to the real point yet.

"So, then, why did I even make you all guess, if the answer was so simple all along?" He giggled. "That's the cleverest part! The whole point of the guessing game wasn't really the answer. It was seeing how people guessed!"

He continued to pace around the group excitedly as he explained. "See, see, the Mafia know they tried to catch me last night. So when I said I know who they tried to catch, they'd easily figure out the real answer for how I know, and why they failed - that it's because I got away! I made it sound like the trick was more complicated than it was, which made most of you think it was an especially clever and unusual sort of trick - but the Mafia would be less likely to think that, because they'd already know how simple it really was!"

He looked in turn at the fun Human, the fire cat, the think-talky one, the tall fiery fox, and the big dark bird. "So all of you who guessed like you thought it'd be something really complicated? Like you thought it was a mystery? Like you weren't sure it was me who got chased? You're probably not Mafia! ...Well, maybe someone in the Mafia was clever enough to realise what I was trying to do and deliberately guessed something more complicated than what they really thought. Maybe one of you is that clever. But everyone's guesses are information! I got information from all of you, just by talking! I didn't even have to use one of my usual sorts of tricks!

"And maybe some of it was good information. Because, you?" Tefiren turned to face the dark dragon. "I'm not so sure about you. You were definitely listening to me, but you didn't guess for a long time, even after I told you I knew it would be safe. You just dodged the question entirely. Are you just that bad of a guesser you didn't want to embarrass yourself? Or... were you afraid to guess, until the messy Human had already guessed right so you wouldn't look suspicious? Hm?"

[[

That's it. That's the gambit I've been attempting since Tefiren semi-claimed last night.

I'm bulletproof. I know who the mafia targeted last night, because it was me. (Well, it was me barring very unlikely edge cases involving misdirection or a trigger-happy vig.) I realised that I could potentially make use of this nugget of information I had that only the mafia would otherwise know about by having Tefiren give partial information that'd be likely to tip the mafia but not others off to the reason the kill failed, and then, knowing that the mafia were more likely to know the answer, watch who was willing to speculate on it, and how.

And, yeah, Tefiren would never admit it, but I'm perfectly aware this doesn't actually amount to that much. The information I've managed to gather from this is still very ambiguous, and maybe the mafia managed to figure out what I was up to and deliberately give the sort of response that I'd be likely to read as innocent. But it's something, okay, shush, this was the best thing I could think of to do with the fact that my role has a complete lack of a night action, let me have this, dammit.

I would be giving a slightly different reason to what Tefiren would as to why this isn't particularly bad to make public at all, but I still feel like it might be better if I remain somewhat vague about this. Suffice it to say that I weighed this up and decided that the potential information gathered from this gambit is worth any potential downsides of the claim.

So, for everyone's perusal now that I've made it known what I was going for, here are the posts with people's "guesses". Some of them weren't exactly a guess as such, but any kind of indication of what they thought about my role and who was targeted is an indication of how likely it was that they knew the truth.

Altair
Kyros
Mewtwo
Alexander (and an actual guess higher up on this page)
Lexx
Dave (plus two further Daveposts higher up on this page)
Jesse (higher up on this page)

In particular, quite a few people seemed to be assuming that I, or the mafia's target if not me, would be in danger of losing something important if I fully roleclaimed, which pretty strongly suggests that they weren't thinking of the bulletproof option, so I have a pretty good feeling about these people.

Dave did ultimately guess bulletproof, but I'm reading that as genuine bewilderment as to what I was up to and Dragonfree being smart enough to guess the simplest option despite not actually having any knowledge influencing it.

It's probably not strong enough evidence for me to feel comfortable doing a Day 1 lynch about it, especially when we have so little time left to discuss it properly, but I am vaguely suspicious of Alexander for acknowledging what Tefiren was doing but then still not actually voicing any kind of speculation as to the nature of his role like Tefiren was encouraging everyone to do.

But mostly, now that I've played my hand, I'd like to see what everyone else makes of all this, too.

]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Alexander... did not seem very amused by this logic. In fact, he was disappointed that such a gambit had been made so soon. "It's not exactly the greatest mystery in the world."

"Oh? You think the Mafia tried to catch the messy Human?" Tefiren giggled again. So many of them had all been talking in circles trying to guess what'd happened last night. It was all like some big mystery to everyone - everyone except him.

"Nope! That's not what happened! Because I know exactly who the Mafia tried to catch last night, and it wasn't him!"

"This here... was essentially what I had been trying to reason out, for your little game. This really was all that was required to try to guess what it meant. And when you eventually said that you intended to give away your guess, I was fairly confident it was not an information role. Because if you're as good a player as you claim... you would not so readily give that information away.

"So then I was trying to consider what sort of other power would be left. Not information, and yet you know why they failed? ...I had to consult the plane, because I do not believe doctors know if they succeeded in saving someone. Eventually I found that, indeed, bulletproof roles are informed of when their power was used up. That also lined up with you being so willing to give it away."

[[Also in a game like this, I frankly thought you had a secondary power to go with it or something that might be worth keeping hidden.]]

"Now, I would appreciate not casting suspicion on me for trying to help you not die." Alexander narrowed his eyes. "I had said from the start that you shouldn't give away something like that so readily. You could have made the Mafia ever cautious that perhaps this trick you had was reusable."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Quick request from me: when voting, please put a bold phrase at the bottom of your message like: Vote: Playername

It can be pretty hard to notice when a random name is bolded in the middle of multiple paragraphs of narration--having the vote set off by itself will help me out a lot. Thanks!

One hour remains in Day One. The vote stands thus:

Abstain: 6 (Namohysip, unrepentantAuthor, Seren, Shiny Phantump, Inkedust, IFBench)
Navarchu: 1 (windskull)

Not Voting: AbraPunk, DeliriousAbsol, Fusion, Navarchu, Mellow, Chibi Pika, Dragonfree, elyvorg, HelloYellow17, Flyg0n

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Gods, so many thoughts being thrown around. Wes could only listen and try to keep up. So far, he wasn’t sure he trusted anyone all that much. The Hydreigon, Alexander, seemed especially predatory, though he couldn’t be sure if that was a sign of where his loyalty lie or if that was simply...the way he was.

Perhaps there was a point in throwing around accusations. After all, nobody was guaranteed safety, and the quicker they could glean some information from one another, the better...but there was so little information to go off of in the first place...

And then there was what that little fox had said about psychic marks and arsonists. It was quite the information to lead with...and yet it was oddly specific, enough for Wes to believe they weren’t lying.

Screw it. Rui would have probably opted not to accuse anyone...but he wasn’t Rui.

Wes stepped forward and spoke up. “For what it’s worth,” he said, “I think the fox...uh, Nefari, I think? Was telling the truth. And if we’re going to put in official votes...” he narrowed his eyes at one member in particular, “I’m putting my money on...you. Whatever the hell you are.” He pointed straight at Arctozolt.

Vote: Arctozolt

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
This was quite the overwhelming amount of discussion and theories being put up. Chappie struggled to wrap her head around all of it, much less make theories of her own.

"Oh, this is a lot..." she muttered to herself, and tried to think of the smartest thing to do.

But, there was some instinct in the back of her mind that told her...

"...Okay, uh, this might not seem like the smartest thing to do, but I just have a feeling about this." She turned to Mewtwo. "I'm voting Mewtwo."

Vote: Mewtwo

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
Tefiren peered at the dark dragon. "Well, maybe you're just a bad guesser then, if it took you so long to figure that out. Maybe. I don't know. I'll think about it more tomorrow."

[[Actually, the one thing that made me zero in on Namo perhaps a bit too much was the RP flavour I questioned, because I misinterpreted it as Alexander sensing Tefiren's fear of the mafia. I then had a moment of wild theory thinking I'd caught Namo out in accidentally dropping some too-telling RP flavour that gave away that Alexander knew for sure Tefiren had been targeted. Yeeeaaaah, it wasn't that easy. That got cleared up before I let it consciously influence my eventual minor shade-throwing, but, uh. Subconscious associations happen. I may have oversold it a bit even with what I said in the end.]]

"And anyway, why do people keep talking like it was stupid of me to reveal this when it wasn't? Reusable? Of course me escaping from Them - from the Mafia - is reusable! Nobody can catch me, not ever!"

[[

Yeah, Tefiren, about that...

Tefiren is never going to admit to this. But, having realised that regardless of the ambiguities, the mafia shouldn't be trying to kill me tonight either way, I might as well be clear about it.

It's not reusable. I was just a one-shot bulletproof. I'm nothing but a vanilla townie now. My mechanical usefulness to this game was entirely used up last night. Claiming bulletproof while you still have the protection is bad because it means the mafia will never target you and you'll never get to be actually serve your use, sure. But now they know I'm a vanilla townie - and, so what?

Granted, I could have kept quiet about my vanilla townie-ness and tried to bait the kill onto myself instead of someone with a more useful role. But even then, it's still a kill that whittles down our numbers by one. It's not that beneficial, not compared to being targeted while still being bulletproof, and I've already achieved that part, completely by chance. So I figured losing that was a worthy trade-off for potentially gathering at least some information with this gambit of mine. (seriously can you imagine how it felt seeing my PMs on the morning of Day 1 and realising I'd just been reduced to the boringest role possible, grumble grumble, let me have this)

And hey, I like to think I'm a pretty decent dayposting town player, role powers aside. That's apparently why the mafia decided to target me blind on N0 in the first place. So me being kept alive rather than someone else with a better role isn't necessarily the worst thing anyway.

]]

"How are you feeling about that, Mafia? Are you still so scared of how good I am at this game that you want to try going after me again? Do you think it'll work? Do you think it'll help? Hm?"

That breeze was back, making Tefiren's leaves rustle again, but he ignored it. He wouldn't get caught.

(How was there even a breeze in this place, anyway?)

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked. What? He was just... what? Bulletproof hadn't been everyone's first fucking thought here? "Well, I figured it couldn't actually be you being bulletproof because if it was then announcing it to everyone when the mafia probably has ways to nullify it would be fucking suicide." He gritted his teeth. "Your secret reason you're not dying tonight had better be good."

Tefiren was smugly putting pressure on the Hydreigon, like he didn't care, like he was just breezily brushing off the danger he was in for his clever gambit, and it reminded him all too much of--

He grimaced. This was a dumb fucking game. Why should he even fucking care? It wasn't like anyone was even actually dying. just succumbing to horrible cold disintegration

"Fuck this. I'm voting no lynch. I don't think any of this is concrete proof of anything."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[...or that!]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Lexx chuckled under his breath. "Well, that sure was a thing I fell for, huh. Can't even be mad about it since we're on the same side." He clapped his hands together. "Well, I've got some ideas on how I wanna go about things tomorrow, assuming I'm around then. Since we're running out of time, I'll just update my readlist from before. There's one or two details here I'm hoping someone'll pick up on. Try not to miss me when I'm gone~"

Hard town:
DawningWinds (Nefari)
Dragonfree (Dave)
elyvorg (Tefiren)
Equitial (Mewtwo)
unrepentantAuthor (Jesse)

Soft town:
HelloYellow17 (Wes)
Flyg0n (Rascal)
Windskull (Kyros)

No read:
IFBench (Arctozolt)
DeliriousAbsol (Spark)
Fusion (Cold Fusion)
Navarchu (Lance)
Mellow (Namco)
AbraPunk (Chappie)

Cautious:
Namohysip (Alexander)
Inkedust (Altair)
Shiny Phantump (Lusamine)
Seren (Miyako)

Vote: no jail

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
I think it's Lexx. They seem very inconsistent with what they're saying. Vote for them to put the pressure on them.

"I get the head, I get to decide what we say! And I'm saying that we're voting Nobody," the chimera said.
"You look like you still have something to say."
...Okay, uh, this might not seem like the smartest thing to do, but I just have a feeling about this." She turned to Mewtwo. "I'm voting Mewtwo."
Kyros tilted his head. He wanted to ask more, but time was so short...

[[Sorry. Didn't have time to type up a full post at lunch. Thank you for confirming Navar is busy, UA. I'm gonna keep my vote on him though. Still a little leery of no lynch, but it is what it is.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I misinterpreted it as Alexander sensing Tefiren's fear of the mafia

[[I have a bad habit of ambiguous references in my clauses, so that might be at play here. No, to be clear, it was a reference to the Mafia's possible frustrations, not Tef's fears. I don't think Tef understands fear, so that irritates Alexander greatly.]]

"Pathetic." Alexander scoffed, flicking his tail. He looked like he was searching for something else to say, but turned up with nothing. He grunted and conjured a shadowy lance from the ground, which he held in his smaller heads' mouths. "Night is coming soon. I intend to give any would-be assailants a hard time if they intend to claim me. Do not think I am an easy target."

And with that, he drifted away and into the plane.

[[Playing an evil character is hard when you're trying not to be sussed. Hey Chibi, ever gonna bring Giovanni?]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Quick post because the day ends in five minutes. Only able to do a quick skim, and I'm not really sure what Elyvorg was quite going for there? I think that she's just going to make a list of more experienced players vs newcomers. She knows that Mafia targeted her because Bulletproof w/ notification is Occam's Razor for those who know the role exist, though.

To clarify, my understanding of her plan was that if people guessed she was Bulletproof they're more likely to be sus. Again, only skimmed so apologises if wrong.

Two other people have voted for a lynch and I'm not too impressed by them. ONe nominally because they voted me lol. The other because I feel like if you're going for an inactive join Windskull on Navar, y'know. However, it looks like no lynch so yknow. For my part, I'm good enough keeping my vote on Miyato even if it's just nominal. I... I'm trying to see if it from others POV, but if inexperience it's borderline

vote: miyato
]]

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
The fact that no one vanished over night is a blessing, even more so than the new players most likely recognized. Discussion is relaxed, and even the feuds of the previous, strange day seem largely forgotten. Here and there a scuffle breaks out, a couple of raised voices, but for the most part people seem confident. Perhaps Tefiren most of all, strutting and crowing and challenging the others to play a little game-within-a-game. They don't seem very amused.

Even Nefari's claim that they need to be on the lookout for fire doesn't lead to more than a momentary stir. Most people are in agreement: there isn't enough information to be had to be confident of jailing someone truly dangerous. Besides, they have time. If the mafia are even out there, they seem to be taking it easy.

Here and there, though, are rumbles of discontent. Suspicious looks, bit-off accusations. Even if no one disappears tonight, can the players really hope for another bloodless day to pass?

Day One is over. Final vote:

Abstain: 8 (Namohysip, unrepentantAuthor, Seren, Shiny Phantump, Inkedust, IFBench, Dragonfree, Chibi Pika)
Arctozolt: 1 (HelloYellow17)
Mewtwo: 1 (AbraPunk)
Navarchu: 1 (windskull)

Not Voting: DeliriousAbsol, Fusion, Navarchu, Mellow, elyvorg, Flyg0n

No one has been eliminated. Night One begins now and runs until midnight May 10 UTC/8 PM May 9 EST.

Last edited:
Day Two Start

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rascal sprang in front of the one she'd chosen to defend, taking delight in the thrill. This game was fun. Fighting, protecting, testing herself against someone. Oh, if only this could last forever.

But all too soon it was over. One small slip was all it took, and she went down. She was dying, she realized, although she supposed that meant she would get to go back to her world. That's how this worked, apparently.

Shame. She was happy to get to see her own trainer again, but she'd hoped to fight longer. More opponents. Pity. And she hadn't even gotten a chance to bite that Lexx guy... And he'd looked so bite-able too!

Well, maybe another time.

She died, but she perished with a grin of malicious delight on her jaws, exactly how she'd hoped, fighting.

---​

When the group reassembles the next morning, it rapidly becomes clear that people are missing. Multiple people.

Jesse advises everyone not to panic, tries to organize a search party to explore the jungle of makeshift dwellings that the group has fashioned, and even beyond that, scouting into what appears to be an infinite flat plane beyond.

Namco is found quickly, still lounging on her pillows. After a heated argument about whether joining everyone else would be a "pointless waste of time," the lugia is at last goaded out into the open, making no secret of how little she thinks of this whole affair. She trails along at the rear of the party, her scowl hovering over all.

The other missing people, though, are not so easily discovered. Wes, in particular, feels sick with the recognition that the place has gone quieter with the disappearance of a certain boisterous, over-familiar pokémon. And that other trainer--he seemed so cool, so confident in the face of all this madness. He couldn't have gone down so soon, could he?

It seems so. After an hour or so of searching, the only sign of either person is a patch of disturbed ground, the blank, plasticky surface torn and tossed in frozen ripples, ripped apart, maybe, in some kind of scuffle? But what kind, it's impossible to tell, and further investigation turns up nothing while the rucked ground slowly sinks back to its flat, neutral state, even this one clue disappearing while the group watches.

A grim silence falls over them. After one day of respite, the Mafia's made up for lost ground. Spark mutters angry epithets under her breath, whiskers twitching and electricity crackling through her fur. They can't simply sit around and wait to be picked off one by one.

Rascal (Flyg0n) has been eliminated. She was Innocent.

Lexx (Chibi Pika) has been eliminated. He was Innocent.

Discussion is now open for Day 2 and will continue until midnight EST May 12th/8 PM EST May 11th.

(( Tetra wrote the intro in Rascal's POV! ))

@windskull @AbraPunk @DawningWinds @IFBench @Seren @Equitial @DeliriousAbsol @Fusion @Namohysip @Navarchu @Mellow @Inkedust @Shiny Phantump @unrepentantAuthor @Chibi Pika @Dragonfree @elyvorg @HelloYellow17 @Flyg0n

Last edited:
Top Bottom