• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[So there's a good chance its not DawningWinds then but. I'm still hesitant to make any definitive guesses yet, although there's no way to really know I suppose]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
"Huh. Didn't really think of it like that... Either way, yeah, I guess it's our job to make sure the 'Mafia' don't get to us." She paused for a while. "Oh! Uh, I don't think I told you my name yet-- it's Chappie. So, uh, nice to officially meet you."

"Chappie, huh?" It was a nice name. Something about her innocent, friendly demeanor reminded Wes of his Espeon...and he couldn't help but smile a little.

"You can call me Wes," he said.

Thump, thump, thump. Heavy footsteps made him turn his head to see--oh, gods. Was the Tyrunt going to challenge him again? He was still sore from getting slammed to the ground yesterday. He tensed, wondering if he needed to reach for his knife again...

"Name's Rascal," she growled. "You two at least seem sensible."

Wes hesitated, then allowed himself to relax a little. So no more fighting--for now, at least. The name certainly gave him pause, however. "That's a hell of a name for someone like you."

[Question, am I breaking any rules by allowing Wes to have his weapon with him? I can certainly get rid of it if that's the case!]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
If the human had a reason why she shouldn't be lynched, she should give it. Or else find another more likely candidate.

Mewtwo knew that humans were no more likely to be against him, but--he eyed Lusamine.

Lusamine regarded the Pokemon like animals, like lab rats or trained pets.
Lusamine sneered at the Mewtwo. "You don't know me. There's exactly one Mewtwo I know of in my world, and they currently serve the Kantonian Mafia. If you want to claim to be that Mewtwo, then my suggestion for who a more likely Mafia member would be the one with a history of Mafia work."

[[That's just in-character, I'm not accusing Equital OOC]]

"And most pokemon, where I come from, aren't sapient and don't speak. If Aether expected the same level of medical consent from nonsapient patients as we would expect from humans, then entire species would've died out because they're not capable of giving it. Would you rather I just let them all die?"

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Miyako didn't sleep well. Upon the group disbandment at night, she watched as others willed shelters into existence. She had attempted the same, and only managed to scrape together what could pass for a very large igloo. Close enough. Curse Igor and his mysterious ways; he made it look so effortless. Nephthys' laugh echoed through her mind; Miyako just rolled her eyes.

The bed, however, was another matter entirely. She found that, for whatever reason, she could only form a blanket that lifted from one side, and the idea of sleeping essentially under the floor freaked her out; instead, she removed her blazer jacket, folded it, and lay down upon the texture-less ground, using the jacket as a pillow. Not comfortable, but it would have to do.

Before sleep, she found some sort of pamphlet, detailing the rules of the so-called "game" they were to partake in, as well as a couple of references for previous games. Oh, this was one of those types of games. Why couldn't Ryosuke, or even Kiyoshi, have been brought here with her? This sort of thing was their specialty, not hers. ...Indeed, Ambrose (oh, he's Dave, okay) had been here before. Good to know. Even if he couldn't be trusted (and, at this point, nobody could be, really), he was at least familiar with how some mechanics worked.

Morning came, and someone had decided to call attendance. Miyako was relieved that everyone she saw last night appeared to still be around, although... was that supposed to happen?

And then, immediately after role-call, the mewtwo (wait, how did she miss there being a freaking mewtwo in the area last night??) singled out the blonde lady - Lusamine. What reason could there be for that? Did Mewtwo know something? It was freaking Mewtwo, after all. And even though Miyako had suspected that everyone's powers had been at least limited (after all, the dedenne still managed to shock the hydreogon last night, she she herself could still feel Nephthys' presence), was she really going to question Mewtwo?

...No, she wasn't.

Others certainly didn't seem to have any problem calling him out, though.

Also there's other possibilities. Actually, I think "psychic marks" could be a broad descriptor that could apply to many characters if you're willing to be creative. Like, Ghosts like Altair could do Psychic stuff, maybe. And idk Fusion or Miyako--not familiar with lore.

[[Do we have "official" OOC parameters? I'm just going to use brackets for now. Anyway, in regards to this; I don't know that's I'd consider Miyako and Nephthys' relationship or abilities psychic or anything, although they do communicate via thoughts and images. My perspective on Persona is that they essentially are an extention of the person, and "live" in the mind. I'm also a bit out of canon in that my world's Persona can sometimes be their own entity, too; as in, have their own thoughts and moods and such. These do often align with their host, but not always. Either way, whatever this psychic mark thing is, I wouldn't keep the suspicion limited to psychic-related characters. Last game, Dave could talk to the dead, and far as I know, he's... not psychic in the least. Psycho, maybe, but not psychic. Regardless, neither I nor Miyako know anything about it, so if Miyako's got a mark on her, we don't know it.]]

He cleared his throat and spoke up. "Look, I get you're all nervous, but blindly accusing someone without evidence is stupid as hell."

"I agree," Miyako said hesitantly, then addressed the room. "I know we're potentially on two different timers, but panicking or guessing randomly isn't the way to go about this."

[[Two timers being a possible arsonist/end of night murder]]

[Question, am I breaking any rules by allowing Wes to have his weapon with him? I can certainly get rid of it if that's the case!]

[[Miyako still has her staff; I mention the weapon in a post first, so I'm guilty of this too; I don't suspect it will be an issue for several reasons (1. Negrek didn't step in and say no, 2. last game, someone had a gun, and 3. the pokemon can apparently use some of their techniques as well, so why would two humans weilding sticks in varying degrees of pointiness be that problematic?]]

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Namco had stuck their head out of their quarters to observe, but finally spoke up when accusations began to get thrown around left and right. ... Everyone seemed to think everyone else was suspicious for some reason or another. What for, though? Nobody had done anything. Nothing they knew of, at least. The Lugia stepped out from where they had been nesting and stood to their full height.

"..I think we shouldn't call anyone anything. Nobody's done anything to be suspicious of."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Rascal glanced at the weird Delphox everyone seemed to want to accuse. Then she smirked maliciously. "I bet its whoever accused someone first. Probably that Mewtwo or whatever, or that guy who accused the fox."

He cleared his throat and spoke up. "Look, I get you're all nervous, but blindly accusing someone without evidence is stupid as hell."

"Oh, yeah! That's what I've been saying. If anything, it just makes the accuser seem really suspicious, right? I mean, you'd figure anyone who just throws accusations out there only wants to get rid of everyone else, and obviously, that's the goal of the, uh... what are they called, the Mafia? Something like that..."
"That's all well and good," Kyros grumbled, prowling towards the center of the group. His voice was slightly muffled by a pamphlet, which he sat down. "But this isn't as black and white as that. The fact is, there are killers among us. And in all likelyhood, we got lucky. So instead of offering plattitudes about how it's bad and suspicious to throw accusations, we should be pooling our knowledge together, to make an educated guess."

He paused, glancing down at the paper. "Besides, even if we as a majority decide not to lynch, there's information to be gleamed by putting pressure on people. Don't you agree, uhhh.... Lexx, was it?"

[[This is not a serious vote tbh, I'm just meming on the "chibi survived N0 therefore they are scum." I have absolutely no reason to believe they are at this point. And I'll almost definitely change my vote before the end of the night unless something changes.

But there's not really anything scummy about putting pressure on players by voting for them, especially if they're not contributing much to the discussion. And in fact, it's worth mentioning that in both the 1st anniversary mafia, and the fall 2020 mafia, the mafia started off their strategy by trying to convince the town to lynch no one D1. (Whether the mafia would be bold enough to try that tactic a third time is debatable, but it's worth mentioning.) It can be a valid town strategy, yes. But putting pressure on other players to contribute by voting for them, even on D1, isn't necessarily a scum move.

I'm happy to discuss this more, if you'd like, but later. For now, I'll be brainstorming and trying to make another post before bed to try and start pooling together what little knowledge we do have from the lack of kill.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"So instead of offering plattitudes about how it's bad and suspicious to throw accusations, we should be pooling our knowledge together, to make an educated guess."

Altair watched the litten walk into the center of the group and nodded in agreement. "Now listen here," he began, addressing everyone there. "I'm not one to jump to conclusions but there is some serious worth in discussing what scraps of knowledge we may've obtained overnight. You heard what the nickit said—and I believe there's truth in 'em—there may very well be an Arsonist hiding within our lot." He appraised the gathered crowd. "I think it may be best if we focus on keelhauling this supposed Arsonist, because I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want this extra worry about bursting into flames piled onto fearing for my own afterlife thanks to some psychic fuckery."

He briefly considered the options. The delphox? Too obvious. Yveltal wouldn't make things that easy when there was entertainment to be had. Perhaps there was a case to be made with the 'lugia' and Purple-tail—the lucario too but with no information to go on, it was all guesswork. "So. Do any of you have any clue on who it might be?"

[[Bit of OOC commentary here. I think the best course of action here is to try and gather some details on who the Arsonist may be. I may be reading off as a bit paranoid here but I'm on very high-alert as an Arsonist is one big ticking timebomb who has the potential of doing some serious damage on the Innocent's numbers, thus throwing the game in the Mafia's favour.

Also yes, "Purple-tail" is what Altair is going to be calling Mewtwo from this point forwards as typing out "alien-pokémon thing" is going to get tiring after a while.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
He paused, glancing down at the paper. "Besides, even if we as a majority decide not to lynch, there's information to be gleamed by putting pressure on people. Don't you agree, uhhh.... Lexx, was it?"

But there's not really anything scummy about putting pressure on players by voting for them, especially if they're not contributing much to the discussion. And in fact, it's worth mentioning that in both the 1st anniversary mafia, and the fall 2020 mafia, the mafia started off their strategy by trying to convince the town to lynch no one D1. (Whether the mafia would be bold enough to try that tactic a third time is debatable, but it's worth mentioning.) It can be a valid town strategy, yes. But putting pressure on other players to contribute by voting for them, even on D1, isn't necessarily a scum move.

I'm happy to discuss this more, if you'd like, but later. For now, I'll be brainstorming and trying to make another post before bed to try and start pooling together what little knowledge we do have from the lack of kill.]]

"Putting pressure on people, sure, but why so randomly?" Miyako asked, overhearing. "There's been two very sudden developments almost right out of the gate. Does that not strike you as odd, in a game all about secrecy and deception? I... kind of suspect that Mewtwo might have a reason for his sudden vote, but is hesitant to share what that is, for obvious reasons. But on the other hand, it could just be to stir up chaos. He changed his vote just as suddenly as he cast his first one. To me, that just screams chaos, and chaos is the last thing innocents want."

She glanced nervously towards Mewtwo; she wasn't sure why, given the circumstances, he was still the one that she was afraid of. Surely he'd be greatly weakened here, else he'd have likely just blown everyone up and teleported away by now, right?

[[ It hasn't been that long, and already we're going towards the "not contributing to the discussion" angle? Ngl, this whole argument really bothers me, personally. Like, I get it, it's still totally valid to be suspicious of someone for a lack of posting, regardless of the reasoning they've given (or not given). My own personal consideration aside (as I am unsure of how active I can be due to work IRL, and I don't very well like the idea of coming under fire and then having to read 8 hours worth of accusations to defend myself on all at once), the game is, at the time of writing, only 7 hours old. Are we really going to start accusing people of not contributing already? Based on that logic, Lance/Navarchu, for example, is just as suspicious due to not having posted once since D-1 began, and that's just... a silly assumption to me.

[[ That all said, I do appreciate that someone else is considering the "did we really just get a second game in a row without a N-0 death out of pure luck?" angle. While I get that the idea of a possible arsonist is definitely not something we should be ignoring, it's been also bothering me that everyone's so focused on the accusations and role-claiming that no one else is really discussing the lack of a death tonight. That's... pretty significant, I feel, but probably just due to my lack of experience, I have no real guess as to why that might be short of a similar situation to last game; they shot blind and got blocked. Either that, or they purposely didn't attempt a kill to throw us off. ]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[ That all said, I do appreciate that someone else is considering the "did we really just get a second game in a row without a N-0 death out of pure luck?" angle. While I get that the idea of a possible arsonist is definitely not something we should be ignoring, it's been also bothering me that everyone's so focused on the accusations and role-claiming that no one else is really discussing the lack of a death tonight. That's... pretty significant, I feel, but probably just due to my lack of experience, I have no real guess as to why that might be short of a similar situation to last game; they shot blind and got blocked. Either that, or they purposely didn't attempt a kill to throw us off. ]]

[[Blocked by a doctor or some other protective role; the target ended up being Bulletproof, a Commuter (or a similar role/variant); maybe some Bus Driver shenanigans, like the last anniversary game; or the Mafia intentionally choose not to off someone for whatever reason—we really can't tell and probably won't until the game is over. I'm pretty sure that a deathless N0 isn't all that unheard of because players always shoot blindly with their actions on N0, so there's always a decent chance that the Mafia will miss the N0 kill because they blindly targeted a protected person. Imo, seeing no deaths on later nights are a lot more significant than N0 as the Mafia has more knowledge of the player base and thus can make more informed decisions.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Lexx tilted his head with a bit of a crooked grin. "Suppose I can't argue with that, yeah. But I think it's worth pointing out that--if I'm reading these logs correctly--it was the innocent players who pushed the hardest for not voting anyone on the first day in that game. To the point that one of them got targeted at night by one of his own teammates as punishment." Experiment Number Nine had been in one of these games--now that sure was something.

"Anyway, seems like I've got a bit of a reputation here without realizing." Lexx shrugged heavily. "What can I say? These games have had a lot of protectors and swappers and blockers. It's not that hard to believe that the mafia misfired. Gives us another night to gather more information, the way I see it." His gaze darkened somewhat. "We're gonna need that extra time if we want to find that arsonist."

Catch one mafia and it automatically became a little bit easier to find the rest, based on their previous interactions. A threat working alone was a lot harder to beat. This would be more challenging than he'd thought...

But what was the point of a game without a bit of challenge?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"We're gonna need that extra time if we want to find that arsonist."

"Hmmmmm." The Hydreigon of the group drifted left and right. "I don't know if that will be very easy. Unless I am mistaken, it seems that there is sometimes a chance that such a person could be, what is this, town-aligned. Is that possible here? If so, it may not be easy to see them by brute-force. They would read as innocent."

He muttered to himself, "Town-aligned. What does that mean? This is hardly a town..." He scanned the area. "I suppose I could make something of this place... Wouldn't be the first spot I've been imprisoned and performed a few touch-ups..."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Are we seriously going to KILL someone without any reason?" the abomination screeched.

If that's what's happening, then I'm voting for you.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Hmmmmm." The Hydreigon of the group drifted left and right. "I don't know if that will be very easy. Unless I am mistaken, it seems that there is sometimes a chance that such a person could be, what is this, town-aligned. Is that possible here? If so, it may not be easy to see them by brute-force. They would read as innocent."
"Yes, I see nothing that specifies that an arsonist has to be a third party, and in fact these notes imply that one could be any alignment. I'm not sure how a mafia-arsonist is any better for us, really, and in fact I would say this would be a significantly bigger threat since they know who they can safely target... but an innocent-arsonist (that sounds so weird) would be very hard to pull off without taking out at least one other innocent, wouldn't it? Unless they don't start marking anyone until they're sure, but then they're several nights behind the game.... I imagine, once a target is marked, they can't be un-marked by the one who marked them (meaning the arsonist themselves... or can they? Hm...).

"Assuming the arsonist IS aligned with either innocents or mafia... it makes sense that they'd read that way, wouldn't it? Because then, wouldn't they NOT be considered a third party?

"I wonder what they'd read, though, if they're NOT aligned with either...

"Anyway, as a final thought for now, an innocent-aligned arsonist would mean that-" Miyako quickly glanced at Jesse's chalkboard "Nefari, being the one to be able to counter that, would be mafia-aligned, wouldn't it?

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[ For the record, I'm assuming that the arsonist role, if town-aligned, shares their win condition with the town, and does not have the "third party" win condition. If I am wrong, someone with more experience feel free to correct me. ]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
It hasn't been that long, and already we're going towards the "not contributing to the discussion" angle? Ngl, this whole argument really bothers me, personally. Like, I get it, it's still totally valid to be suspicious of someone for a lack of posting, regardless of the reasoning they've given (or not given). My own personal consideration aside (as I am unsure of how active I can be due to work IRL, and I don't very well like the idea of coming under fire and then having to read 8 hours worth of accusations to defend myself on all at once), the game is, at the time of writing, only 7 hours old. Are we really going to start accusing people of not contributing already? Based on that logic, Lance/Navarchu, for example, is just as suspicious due to not having posted once since D-1 began, and that's just... a silly assumption to me.
[[Not feeling good so only replying to this rn and thoughts might be a little jumbled. But when I brought up the not contributing issue, I meant that it was one of the reasons people might choose to put pressure on people by voting on them. Not that the votes thus far were due to lack of contribution. And I get where youre coming from. My work day keeps me busy during prime discussion hours, (running from ~6pm-4am utc), so it's something I have to worry about.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Oh, yeah! That's what I've been saying. If anything, it just makes the accuser seem really suspicious, right? I mean, you'd figure anyone who just throws accusations out there only wants to get rid of everyone else, and obviously, that's the goal of the, uh... what are they called, the Mafia? Something like that..."

Wes nearly jumped at the Luxio's voice. Hearing Pokemon talk to him was going to take some getting used to, apparently. He blinked down at--huh. He'd forgotten their name.

"It could be they want to get rid of everyone else...or they just want to stir up trouble and turn us against each other," he growled darkly. He narrowed his eyes at the other group members. "After all, for some people, it doesn't matter who dies as long as they get to live." Too many years at Snagem had taught him that much.

The idea of stirring up trouble to turn neighbor against neighbor... did the lack of vanishments last night compel some players to believe all were brought to this place to engage in small talk? Every person here was on one side or the other. Mewtwo was bringing no person to the other alignment by not acting as though this were a casual social gathering. No one died last night--how about tomorrow. Would a person rather attempt to root out enemies with no or some information?

The players had a day before night fell again. There were two main strategies during that day. The first was sitting around, accomplishing nothing, waiting until the Mafia picked off however many people it would take for self-defense to be considered an option. For some of these people, it appeared that number before self-defense was justifiable would not be reached until they themselves were gone and unable to act.

The other option is to try actually obtaining some information so this could get finished. How did people expect information to be gathered if they all sat around pretending their neighbors were all well-intentioned? If a person claims to be innocent, they should be helping. They can do that by asking questions to find a better target if they don't believe the current candidate to be well enough. Also, the Mafia were here. Even if there's no information to start out with, there's much to be gained by seeing who comes to whose defense.

"Putting pressure on people, sure, but why so randomly?" Miyako asked, overhearing. "There's been two very sudden developments almost right out of the gate. Does that not strike you as odd, in a game all about secrecy and deception? I... kind of suspect that Mewtwo might have a reason for his sudden vote, but is hesitant to share what that is, for obvious reasons. But on the other hand, it could just be to stir up chaos. He changed his vote just as suddenly as he cast his first one. To me, that just screams chaos, and chaos is the last thing innocents want."

Mewtwo turned quiet, taking several moments to consider this human. They reached out their Psychic arms--their mental reading capability was dampened in this gray plain, but let the human feel the pressure.

In the best-case scenario, this human was incompetent. She directly named Mewtwo as a possibility for a being with an ability greatly useful to the townsfolk. Fair hypothesis, maybe. And the point of loudly airing this thought, to a group which would include the Mafia who would be eager to remove such a foe? And this human, at the same time as wondering if Mewtwo was a powerful asset to town, also suggested suspicion for the same reasoning. Fascinating.

Alas, Mewtwo was beginning to realize finding an arsonist would possibly be no easier than finding a Mafia. In that case, the human Miyako and her ill-advised musings were currently being the most baffling/irritating to Mewtwo.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[So, pretty fun start to the game, huh? I got to read a shitton of posts speculating about Jesse-as-Arsonist first thing in the morning, because I fell asleep ten minutes before Day One, i.e. 1 am UK time. Naturally, Jesse and I cannot respond live while I'm asleep. This is reflected in the roleplay as Jesse taking lots of notes, being exhausted, and suffering migraines from too much interdimenional travel. His telepathy is disabled, but I can still read narration, and so he is aware of whatever y'all write! I don't have a strong flavour for this, except possibly his piercing intuitions.]]

Jesse blinked himself free of his stupor. He'd somehow written notes on practically everything said so far. Could he . . . sustain that? It had been so exhausting last time. Never mind getting murdered, he'd die of fatigue before this was over, by the look of things.

"Right," he mumbled, before clearing his throat and speaking up. "Alright, y'all! I'm keepin' tabs on every last fuckin' person here. What they claim, what they argue fer, it's all goin' on these public'ly available notes. Best watch yerselves. Last time I played this fuckin' thing I helped find some goddamn scum this way."

Jesse's Character TrackerAlexander | Hydreigon | he/him | NamohysipAltair | Yamask | he/him | InkedustArctozolt | they/them plural | IFBenchChappie | Luxio | she/her | AbraPunk
Dave | Human | he/him | DragonfreeFusion | Frieza-Race | he/him | Fusion
Absent for Day 1.
Jesse | Red Delphox |he/him | unrepentantAuthorKyros | Litten | he/him | windskullLance | Lucario | he/him | Navarchu
Lexx | Human | he/him | Chibi PikaLusamine | Human | she/her | Shiny PhantumpMewtwo | they/them | Equitial
Lusamine Jesse
Miyako | Human | she/her | SerenNamco | Lugia | she/her | Mellow
Nefari | Nickit | F | DawningWindsRascal | Tyrunt | she/her | Flyg0nTefiren | Archopy | he/him | elyvorgSpark | Dedenne | she/her | DeliriousAbsolWes | Human | he/him | HelloYellow17

He gestured to his chalkboard displaying a table of every participant and then at the individuals indicated as voting for him. "Y'all'd've really voted fer me 'cause I'm a fuckin' delphox? Are you fuckin' serious? The game host jus' goes an' tells one of us, 'oh, hey, there's a psychic that sets things on fire, y'should totally fuckin' take 'em out', an' that's plausible to anyone? Gods. Never in my life have I seen a more obvious stitch-up. Fine. You sorry fuckers are about t'see some reason to believe I'm fuckin' Innocent. Let's start with my notes."

Full Log:

1. No Night 1 deaths.
2. Arctozolt expresses confusion about the possibility of nightkills. Poor first-timer.
3. Mewtwo considers a failure to nightkill 'incompetence' and votes Lusamine. (This is consistent with their Innocent playstyle in Xmas Hell.)
4. Alexander wonders whether Scum tried to kill or were blocked. He argues against lynching with evidence.
5. Mewtwo argues that early random voting is a form of information procurement.
6. Altair asks for a reason to pick Lusamine.
7. "Why not."
8. DawningWinds (Nefari) roleclaims. Nefari allegedly gets to choose between Firefighter and Rolestopper if she survives til N4/D4. DW claims the existence of an Arsonist who places 'psychic marks'.
9. DW/Nefari votes Jesse, because he is one of three people whose flavour would match Arsonist, but isn't strongly persuaded.
10. Arctozolt and Chappie are unfamiliar with Mafia games and don't understand why we would lynch.
11. Lexx has read up on previous Mafia games that took place in this dimension.
12. Rascal wonders why we have to lynch anyone early.
13. Windskull (Kyros) cautions against choosing suspects based on flavour, as the game host doesn't assign roles based on character.
14. Mewtwo believes DW's (Nefari) reasoning is sound, explains How Mafia Works, changes vote to Jesse, denies being the Arsonist, and says they'll roleclaim under pressure.
15. Altair opposes random lynches, in case of mislynch.
16. Dave argues that learning for free on Day Zero that one Scum is Psychic-type is bad game design, and reluctantly defends Jesse.
17. Phan (Lusamine) seconds that there's no way the host would leak a Scum's identity in Day Zero role info.
18. Chappie doesn't want to lynch without evidence.
19. Rascal is suspicious of the early voters, Mewtwo and Nefari, especially as Nefari's reasoning is contrary to the rules of this game.
20. Equitial (Mewtwo) identifies half the players as potentially having 'psychic mark' flavour (Lance, Namco, Jesse, Altair, Fusion, Miyako, themself).
21. Lexx seconds Dave's reasoning, and cites a previous game for an example of roles not necessarily matching character.
22. Alexander points out that if the 'psychic marks' corresponded to character, Dark and Fire types could arbitrarily be immune, which he expects is not the case.
23. Tefiren agrees with Lexx in particular, and by extension, Dave/Alexander/Rascal. He argues that the 'psychic mark' flavour could purely related to Nefari's Dark-type, and cites previous games to explain that DW's behaviour matches their Innocent playstyle.
24. Inkedust (Altair) makes a substantial argument that DW would only lie if they were Arsonist or Mafia themself, and that they would be ill-advised to do so if either were true. Therefore, DW is more likely that not to be telling the truth, and Innocent.
25. Wes is in love with Rui joins the slew of people opposed to accusations without evidence. Chappie considers that early voters are sus. Wes considers that they might be stirring up trouble.
26. Purely to make a point, Lusamine argues that Mewtwo must be Mafia because the Mewtwo from her world literally works for the actual Mafia.
27. Miyako wonders if Mewtwo knows something we don't, to have accused Lusamine. Seren (Miyako) cites Dave's medium ability from a previous game as evidence roles aren't chosen for characters.
28. Namco argues nobody has done anything suspicious.
29. Kyros argues that even on Day One, the party should be making educated scumreads and putting pressure on people to make claims, especially silent characters. He votes Lexx. Windskull (Kyros) cites two previous games as games where Mafia began by arguing against early lynches.
30. Altair argues that the alleged Arsonist is too great a threat to ignore, but that Jesse is too obvious. He wonders about Namco, Mewtwo and Lance as pure guesswork.
31. Miyako is suspicious of Mewtwo for voting based on zero information and then changing their vote suddenly. Seren (Miyako) is alarmed by Kyros' 'press silent characters' angle because of the realities of timezones. For example, Lance's player simply hasn't been online to make a post, and shouldn't be read as sus. Seren also wonders why there was no N1 kill, and speculates it was due to a block.
32. Inkedust (Altair) lists doctor/protective role, bulletproof, commuter, bus driver and intentional no-kill as possibilities.
33. Lexx counters Kyros by claiming that it was Innocent players who pushed for no-lynch in previous games, not Scum, and there was even a mislynch of an innocent player targeted for pushing not to lynch. He argues that these games have enough interference that it's easy to believe the Mafia misfired. He pushes to find the Arsonist, as lone threats are harder to find.
34. Alexander points out that the Arsonist could be Town, and therefore read as Innocent, not Scum.
35. Arctozolt loudly protests against killing people for no reason.
36. Miyako argues that the Arsonist could be Mafia, that this would be just as bad, that an Innocent Arsonist would struggle to safely target Scum, that they could just as well be third party, and that if they were Innocent it would imply Firefighter Nefari was Scum.
37. Windskull (Kyros) admits it's too early to press silent players, she just used that as an example motivation.
38. Mewtwo makes a substantial argument in favour of early voting to procure information, characterises Miyako's speculation as inconsistent, incompetent, and anti-town (by supposing that Mewtwo has an ability valuable to town, but also implying Mewtwo is scum), and votes Miyako.
39. Jesse summarises the above, defends himself, speculates, swears a lot.

Succinct Log:

1. No Night 1 deaths. Host alerts us to the temporary absence of Fusion.
2. Mewtwo votes Lusamine, for playstyle reasons.
3. Alexander no-votes.
4. DawningWinds (Nefari) roleclaims a choice of Firefighter and Rolestopper on N4/D4. DW claims the existence of an Arsonist who places 'psychic marks'.
5. DW/Nefari votes Jesse, for flavour reasons.
6. Arctozolt no-votes.
7. Rascal no-votes.
8. Windskull (Kyros) opposes flavour-voting.
9. Mewtwo believes DW's (Nefari) reasoning is sound, votes Jesse, denies being the Arsonist, and will roleclaim under pressure.
10. Altair no-votes.
11. Dave opposes flavour voting.
12. Phan (Lusamine) opposes flavour-voting.
13. Chappie no-votes.
14. Rascal susses Mewtwo and Nefari.
15. Lexx opposes flavour-voting.
16. Alexander opposes flavour-voting.
17. Tefiren opposes flavour-voting Jesse but argues from meta that DW/Nefari isn't sus.
18. Inkedust (Altair) argues DW (Nefari) is likely to be a truthful Innocent.
19. Wes no-votes.
20. Chappie susses Mewtwo and Nefari.
21. Wes susses Mewtwo and Nefari.
22. Phan opposes flavour-voting, Lusamine susses Mewtwo IC.
23. Miyako opposes flavour-voting, wonders if Mewtwo has info to have voted Lusamine.
24. Namco argues nobody is sus.
25. Kyros wants to put pressure on people, especially silent characters. He votes Lexx. Windskull (Kyros) cites two previous games as games where Mafia began by arguing against early lynches.
26. Altair wants to hunt the Arsonist, but doesn't sus Jesse.
27. Miyako susses Mewtwo for frivolous voting and cautions against targeting silent players.
28. Lexx counters Kyros in that Innocent players pushed for no-lynch in previous games, not Scum, and there was even a mislynch over this. He argues that the Mafia misfired. He pushes to find the Arsonist.
29. Alexander points out that the Arsonist could be Town.
30. Arctozolt continues to strenuously protest against killing anyone.
31. Miyako argues that the Arsonist could be Mafia, that this would be just as bad, that an Innocent Arsonist would struggle to safely target Scum, that they could just as well be third party, and that if they were Innocent it would imply Firefighter Nefari was Scum.
32. Mewtwo susses Miyako, votes Miyako.
33. Jesse reports.

"Please do lemme know if'n I ever miss anythin', y'hear?"

VotersTarget
MewtwoMiyako
Nefari, MewtwoJesse
KyrosLexx
MewtwoLusamine
Alexander, Arctozolt, Rascal, Altair, Chappie, Wes, JesseNobody

"Okay, so, first-off, if'n yer votin' fer Nobody, I'm pretty sure y'gotta say so outright. Like I just did. Anyway, pushin' fer no-vote was a strong effort by Town last time I played one of these. I think it's the meta in this part of the multiverse to be cautious against random kills. After all, what if y'just lost yerself a day to use info roles by cuttin' the number of Innocents in play?"

Jesse sighed, and began idly playing with a stick of chalk between his digits, flipping it from one knuckle to the next.

"Anyway. I ain't the fuckin' Arsonist, if one exists, and I ain't third-party, neither. I'm given to understand that the smart play is not t'reveal too much about one's role this early, but I'll make some noise about mine anyway in just a minute. But first..."

"Are we seriously going to KILL someone without any reason?"

"Ain't y'read the fuckin' memo about the game, yet, fella? This won't fuckin' end 'til either Scum or Innocents are eliminated. Mewtwo an' Nefari can vote fer me if'n they please, by reason of if we don't threaten any lynches, we'll never get t'the bottom of this. Best I can do is help identify the Scum in good faith an' offer claims that can be used t'check fer my legitimacy, then with any luck y'all will vote fer someone else. Now, 'less you have somethin' new to add, I think the point about lack of evidence has been made enough times. Now lemme speak my piece."

Jesse brushed off his fur and straightened his sleeveless jacket. Time to get into it.

"I don't agree with randomly voting fer folks afore they've even said anythin'. But the principle of information-gatherin' and outpacin' the Mafia is valid. What's more, Mewtwo behaved exactly like this the last time I played with 'em, an' the Mafia killed 'em straight off. They're hardly a barrel of laughs, but they ain't suspicious. Nefari, I'm less sure about. That argument was fuckin' specious an' no mistake, so she's either a deceiver, or a goddamn fool. Anyhow, I'll humour my accusers, and answer fer myself."

Jesse tipped his hat at all assembled, and shrugged sardonically.

"My role is potentially beneficial to town, but it has a low floor fer performance an' requires skill to get the best results. I'm smart, but this is only my second time in one of these twisted situations, so I'm not expectin' to get anythin' out of it, necessarily. So, I will sit tight, take my notes, an' wait fer my moment. If anyone wants to speculate about what a person with this or that or the other ability might wanna do t'help Town, y'can be sure I'll be payin' attention. Alright, next item on the agenda..."

He flicked a couple digits at Dave.

"Y'wouldn't happen to have used an ability last night, would ya, partner?"

Jesse grinned. He figured out an approach to Dave. Just expect the guy to be angry no matter what, and he'd never be disappointed.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Lusamine sneered at the Mewtwo. "You don't know me. There's exactly one Mewtwo I know of in my world, and they currently serve the Kantonian Mafia. If you want to claim to be that Mewtwo, then my suggestion for who a more likely Mafia member would be the one with a history of Mafia work."

[[That's just in-character, I'm not accusing Equital OOC]]

"And most pokemon, where I come from, aren't sapient and don't speak. If Aether expected the same level of medical consent from nonsapient patients as we would expect from humans, then entire species would've died out because they're not capable of giving it. Would you rather I just let them all die?"

Mewtwo jerked ramrod straight on the roof of their den, dampened power flying through their limbs.

(nausea and disorientation after breaking from their tank; pain and fire, all around; a human with strong words and a sharp grin taking them in tricking them he only wanted to use them he wanted to hurt them; he didn't care no human cared all humans wanted was to use and to hurt)

Lies lies lies. Mewtwo fought to tone done their telepathy, but couldn't tell how well they succeeded. No version of Mewtwo would work for humans, especially for him. Untrue. How did the woman even know about Mewtwo--it was because she knew. She knew what Team Rocket had done, and she was no doubt approving, perhaps even helped. Because a liar who tried to justify what the humans did to Mewtwo by saying Mewtwo was willing was no doubt no different from the rest.

No. Let this human feel some of Mewtwo's anger, as well as all the others. Mewtwo let their telepathic field spread, let their eyes flash.

Helping Pokemon, of course. Helping them for their own good, because Pokemon were animals, because Pokemon were wild, instinct-driven creatures who couldn't think for themselves. Because Pokemon need humans to reign them in, it was only natural that Pokemon be subservient.

Hah. Human "helped" Pokemon to control them.

[ngl, was incredibly tempting to let Mewtwo turn his vote back to Lusamine. Figured I should reign him in a least a little bit though lol.]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Can't edit my last post, realised I'd forgotten to fix this after writing everything else.]]

Jesse's Character TrackerAlexander | Hydreigon | he/him | Namohysip
Nobody
Altair | Yamask | he/him | Inkedust
Nobody
Arctozolt | they/them plural | IFBench
Nobody
Chappie | Luxio | she/her | AbraPunk
Nobody
Dave | Human | he/him | DragonfreeFusion | Frieza-Race | he/him | Fusion
Absent for Day 1.
Jesse | Red Delphox |he/him | unrepentantAuthor
Nobody
Kyros | Litten | he/him | windskull
Lexx
Lance | Lucario | he/him | Navarchu
Lexx | Human | he/him | Chibi PikaLusamine | Human | she/her | Shiny PhantumpMewtwo | they/them | Equitial
Lusamine Jesse Miyako
Miyako | Human | she/her | SerenNamco | Lugia | she/her | Mellow
Nefari | Nickit | F | DawningWinds
Jesse
Rascal | Tyrunt | she/her | Flyg0n
Nobody
Tefiren | Archopy | he/him | elyvorgSpark | Dedenne | she/her | DeliriousAbsolWes | Human | he/him | HelloYellow17
Nobody

Top Bottom