• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Hello, Cold Fusion. We were all put here, it seems. You know how to leave?"
"Well, normally, I'd just make a time rift and hop on back to my usual dimension and timeline. But that isn't working so... I'm just as stuck as the rest of you. Probably should've told someone I was heading out..." Fusion shrugged. He watched the Lugia create a bed of pillars and whistled. "Oh, this is one of those universes where anything you think of can come to reality? Then does that mean..." he cleared his throat. "Hey, uh, Flying Nimbus!"

Hardly a moment later, a yellow, fluffy cloud appeared out of nowhere. It swirled around the frost demon like a playful animal before resting just before him. Fusion had a dazzled look in his eye and hopped right onto it. "Ha! That old geezer said I'd never get my own Nimbus! Well look at me now, hehe!" he said proudly. "If only I could take this back home with me... everyone else would give me so much shit for cheating, but it'd be nice just to flex on 'em."

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
Tefiren was here again, in this place, still playing this game.

...Which was fine, of course. More than fine - it was perfect! This was exactly what he wanted! There was nothing he'd wished for more, when he'd brilliantly won the last game all by himself with his clever deductions and his cunning tricks, than to find himself back here, ready to win all over again, just like he always did.

[[Tefiren, your victory last game had extremely little do to with your tricks or deductions and really wasn't only about you, you know.]]

And even if he did lose - not that he would, he was the best at this game, at every game! - he wouldn't really lose at all in this place; he'd just be sent right back here to play it again. This was the best kind of game, one that just kept going and going, always new and exciting each time! There were no downsides to it, nothing missing that he'd rather have, not in the slightest.

[[Yeah, he's gone right back to pretending I don't exist. As well as a certain other someone. I suppose we'll see how long it takes for him to acknowledge me again this time.]]

Well, maybe there was one small downside, for now. The new game hadn't started yet! What was the point of all the players meeting each other here if they weren't even playing? Talking to people only mattered when it was part of the game.

At the outskirts of the group that was beginning to form, Tefiren thought a tree out of the ground with practiced ease - see, he was so good at this, he belonged here - and squatted in its branches, surveying the other players below. (It was a whole different kind of tree from last game, obviously; he wasn't predictable.)

Most of them were new and interesting kinds of Pokémon that hadn't even been in the last game, but there was still a lot of that Human species around, for some reason, just like there'd been several of before. He was pretty sure most of these Humans were different ones this time, except... was that the same messy Human from before - looking messier than ever - who'd had the trick to talk to...? Well, not like that mattered, of course. That Human wouldn't be so predictable as to use the same trick again this time. It seemed like he was stuck here playing this game over and over, just like Tefiren - why didn't he look more excited about that? Ridiculous.

Another of the Humans was carrying a weirdly-straight tree branch, like she was at least smart enough to realise Humans weren't very strong and have a trick to make up for it. Aside from the few Humans, the rest of the Pokémon came in all sorts of different shapes and sizes. A couple of them looked like they could fly like him - obviously the best, most basic trick to have in any game! Some of them looked fiery or zappy, like a couple of the players last time; in fact, one looked a bit like a weird and tiny Raichu. One of the bigger fiery ones had some of that loose extra fur that reminded Tefiren a bit of the Raichu from last time, too. There was a Tyrunt, a species he actually recognised. And then there was a - what was that Pokémon called again? Something-zolt? - that had turned its bottom half into a fish! An interesting trick, to be sure, but Tefiren didn't think it seemed like a very useful one.

[[Shh, technically Tefiren probably wouldn't actually have had Tyrunt and Somethingzolt on his Hoenn-precursor prehistoric island, but dammit, they're fossil Pokémon too, let me have this, it's hard enough thinking up epithets for him to use for everyone as it is given that he refuses to learn people's names.]]

Tefiren humphed and withdrew further into the boughs of his tree. None of this actually mattered, he reminded himself. He was only trying to judge everyone's tricks based on their appearance out of habit from his old game, that game that was inferior to this one in every single way. People's tricks in this game could have nothing at all to do with what they looked like they could do - that was what made this game so exciting! So unpredictable! So worth playing over and over again, forever!

He just wished it would start already.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Lusamine surveyed the room. Some of the people she was stuck here with were ordinary, there were a few individuals who stuck out to her. A Lugia. The Mew clone that had drawn Interpol's attention to the Kantonian mafia. What was that doing here? Had they escaped?

There was also what appeared to be another form of Sceptile. Perhaps a regional variant from... wherever she was. A pitiful looking blue and yellow creature with a head too small for its body. Looked more like a mistake than a genuine living species, yet here it was. A shadowy bird that looked like it was wounded, bleeding light.

An otherwise-ordinary Delphox who appeared to be cosplaying an old Orrean settler. A... whatever the fuck that was. An oversized smurf? Whatever it was, it was horribly ugly.

Perhaps the oddest bit of all, they all seemed to be speaking. Hopefully none of them had noticed her staring. What a terrible first impression that would be, she should've known better than that... but she couldn't help but observe the strangeness before her.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The chimera glared at the human with long hair. Lusamine. They recognized her as the prescient of the Aether Foundation. Or at least, one of them did.

"Stop staring, you Aether weirdo. Fu-" the top half began, before being cut off as its tail slapped its head once more.

Last edited:

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
The yamask approached the group and with his signature grin and a bow, introduced himself to the group. "The name's Altair! Pleasure making your acquaintance."
Kyros' tail twitched as he tried to ascertain the species of the pokemon he was looking at. He glared at his tail for a second, angry that it gave away his mood, before turning his attention to the newcomer. His father always said it was rude not to introduce yourself. "Kyros."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Stop staring, you Aether weirdo. Fu-" the top half began, before being cut off as its tail slapped its head once more.
Lusamine blinked and raised a hand to her chest, feigning surprise. That thing knew about her?

"I apologize, I did not intent to be rude. If you are already familiar with me, you likely already know what I do, correct? I wish to alleviate the suffering of all those I can. You don't seem well, so I found myself wondering if there was anything I could do to help. Or, at least anything I would have been able to do were well not... here."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Oh, I know all about how you-" the head said, before getting cut off by another tail-slap. The legs began to walk away, taking the rest of Arctozolt with them.

HEY! I wasn't finished speaking!

Are you seriously going to antagonize the literal first person we meet here?! Maybe we should, I don't know, NOT do that?

I hate you.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Oh, I know all about how you-
Lusamine's eyes widened. What could this creature possibly have on her? She wasn't aware of any recent leaks containing potentially damaging information. She'd never seen nor heard of this thing, what could it possibly have on her?

Looking at the chimeric creature, she realized there was more than just recent leaks to worry about. The matter of the Type: Null that had been stolen from her had never truly come to a head. Both the Null and her child alike had just... disappeared. However, just because they hadn't caused any issues for her yet didn't mean it couldn't happen now.

Perhaps this thing had met the Null is some sort of fuck-up support group?

As she saw the lower half cut the top half off mid-sentence and walk away, she had to bite her lower lip to keep herself from laughing. Could this creature even be real? How had it managed to avoid dying with this degree of ineptitude?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The Hydreigon watched skeptically. The details of this realm was starting to slowly leak into his mind, and he readily accepted them as helpful knowledge. Yet he did not know his role to play in this strange world. Not that it would matter.

"Don't get too friendly with one another and let it cloud your vision," he said idly, inspecting the malformed ground. "Soon we will be pitted against one another."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Kyros' tail twitched as he tried to ascertain the species of the pokemon he was looking at. He glared at his tail for a second, angry that it gave away his mood, before turning his attention to the newcomer. His father always said it was rude not to introduce yourself. "Kyros."

"Kyros, huh? A good name. Rolls off the tongue easy." He was certain that he was familiar with someone with a similar name but the details were hazy. Not that it mattered. That was in the past and what mattered now was exactly that, the now.

"So how did you stumble upon this here place? And any idea why?" Altair prodded. He knew why he was here and a vague idea of what was coming—he wished Yveltal had been more thorough with the explanations—but he also needed to know whether or not these inhabitants were real or not. That detail would change the way he viewed and played this little game.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave was back in the board game dimension. Again.

He blinked. They'd been preparing to storm the Worldcore and rescue Sword, and now he was... here, on the featureless plane, presumably about to play another game of fucking mafia. Of course. And probably afterwards he'd be dropped right where he left off and not remember a thing until whenever he got called in next, because that was how the board game gods rolled.

More importantly, though, he was human again. He lifted his hands, flexed his fingers, appreciating his opposable thumbs. God. Maybe this little interlude was worth it, just for that.

He looked over the crowd of strangers, wondering if any of them were familiar. Wait, that was the Archopy from last time conjuring a tree to nestle in, wasn't it? Interesting. Yet another goddamn Mewtwo, though probably not the same as any of the ones over on Cibus. Some woman with fucking wild platinum-blonde hair that he could swear was from some anime or something. A tall, broody guy with goggles that he was pretty sure was a character from some TV show, too. A... hold on a fucking second, was that two wildly different prehistoric Pokémon just stuck together in some kind of Frankensteinian abomination? A seven-foot tall blue alien? A Lugia? Why was everything crawling with fucking legendaries. A... what the holy hell was that, some kind of giant winged Yamask? And... a Delphox in a cowboy hat.

Dave stared at him. Of all the people in the entire goddamn multiverse, the board game gods had chosen to stick him into a mafia game with that motherfucker?

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"So how did you stumble upon this here place? And any idea why?" Altair prodded.
"Not sure yet," Kyros grunted, turning his attention to his paws. He had the overwhelming urge to give his chest a quick lick, but refused. "Though, knowing my luck, it can't be for anything good. Either we're all dead, sharing a dream, or in some hellish dimension, and I'm leaning towards the last one."

He spat an ember at the ground. "Sticking a bunch of strangers in an empty space with the power to create anything? Sounds like trouble to me."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"Aye. It's during times like these where we have to work with what we got. Like the weather on a long voyage, the pieces will reveal themselves soon enough. It's all on the crew to ensure that their ship will weather the oncoming storm," Altair reminded himself. The litten's words were not something Altair would consider useful. While the lack of details would lead him to believe that none of the inhabitants here were real, the litten's mention of the possibility of everyone here being dead planted that seed of doubt. The only thing Altair could be certain of was that the answers to his questions were not available now but later.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Wes wasn’t sure how long he’d been here. In fact, he couldn’t even remember how he got here—only that he’d been aimlessly meandering through this strange, white dimension for some time, now.

It must be a dream, he thought as he wandered. That was the only explanation that made sense. A bit strange, but weren’t all dreams a little strange? Besides, this was nothing compared to some of the dreams he’d had after a long night of drinking.

And at least it wasn’t a nightmare, for once.

The longer Wes walked, the more he realized he didn’t actually mind this. It was quiet, if a bit eerie. No distractions, no noise, and best of all...there was nobody else but him.

Or so he thought.

Distant voices met his ears and he trudged to a halt, scanning the blank space for the source. Through white mist, he saw movement: several creatures (human? Pokémon? He couldn’t be sure) shuffling some distance away.

Curiosity pulled him closer until the mist gradually cleared and the blurred figures began to take shape. He made it roughly ten feet from the group, then stopped dead.

Maybe this was a drunken dream, after all.

Several Pokémon milled about, but Wes could only recognize a handful of them—one of them being a Lugia, for Arceus’ sake. He noticed a few more of the individuals were human, but he wasn’t sure if this made him feel better or not. He didn’t usually have much luck with people. At least Pokémon didn’t talk—

"Sticking a bunch of strangers in an empty space with the power to create anything? Sounds like trouble to me."

If he hadn’t seen the little feline Pokémon’s mouth move, Wes wouldn’t have believed it—but there it was. That Pokémon had just talked.

Gods. Just how much did he have to drink last night?

He didn’t have time to comprehend this, as he then saw a Pokémon conjure up a small structure out of...absolutely nothing. Another creature (one that didn’t look like a Pokémon, but didn’t seem quite human, either) conjured up a strange yellow cloud as if he’d simply pulled it from invisible fibers in the air. And—sweet baby Arceus, was that foxlike Pokemon wearing a cowboy hat, of all things?

After a moment of numb shock, Wes managed to choke out a disbelieving laugh and mutter under his breath.

“Oh, hell.”

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Chappie stopped pacing eventually. That was... quite a lot of thinking out loud, and yet she hadn't come up with anything good.

She looked up in time to see the human come from out of... somewhere, walking towards everyone else. Oh, perhaps Chappie could learn something from this guy...

After several seconds of hesitation, she padded over to the scruffy human. Stopping a few feet away from him, she angled her head up, trying to get a better look at this guy.

"...Er, hello. You, uh, you're a human, right?" She... wasn't entirely sure why she felt the need to clarify. Oh, well.

(( In case it wasn't clear, this is Wes she's trying to talk to. ))

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
View attachment 1143 Well, wasn't this just fucking splendid. One universe after another, without rhyme or reason, none of them his own, and still with that bone-deep fatigue and head-splitting migraine. He could do without being conscious. He could do without being fucking alive. But here he was, again, playing this goddamn game, for which the rules were already seared into his mind like instinct, like intuition.

Jesse Stranger – red delphox, frontier ranger – narrowed his eyes at the assembled disharmony of pokémon, unidentifiable critters, and humans. Why wasn't he fucking human? Huh? Goddamnit.

His gaze lingered on each human in turn, his paw resting on the grip of his wand, until he came to—

Dave stared at him. Of all the people in the entire goddamn multiverse, the board game gods had chosen to stick him into a mafia game with that motherfucker?

That motherfucker.

Jesse glowered at David Goddamn Ambrose. How come they'd run into each other once again like this? Was the guy done with his little trip into the world Brisa was saving? Maybe he'd... He'd know if she was safe.

The weird part was that the two of them both seemed cursed in this way to be dumped unceremoniously in worlds other than their own. There must be something to the guy. Hell, Brisa wouldn't trust the bastard if he didn't have some worth. ...Even if Jesse couldn't fucking see it.

Jesse grit his teeth, and approached.

"Ambrose," he barked. "I think y'grew an inch or two. You save that world yet?"

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
In his head, Jesse was already keeping track of who was who. Shortly, he'd manifest a chalkboard, consult his mental notes, and get it all written up for the sake of everyone else, perhaps.
Jesse's Character TrackerAlexander | Hydreigon | he/him | NamohysipAltair | Yamask | he/him | InkedustArctozolt | they/them plural | IFBenchChappie | Luxio | she/her | AbraPunk
Dave | Human | he/him | DragonfreeFusion | Frieza-Race | he/him | FusionJesse | Red Delphox |he/him | unrepentantAuthorKyros | Litten | he/him | windskullLance | Lucario | he/him | Navarchu
Lexx | Human | he/him | Chibi PikaLusamine | Human | she/her | Shiny PhantumpMewtwo | he/him | EquitialMiyako | Human | she/her | SerenNamco | Lugia | she/her | Mellow
Nefari | Nickit | F | DawningWindsRascal | Tyrunt | she/her | Flyg0nTefiren | Archopy | he/him | elyvorgSpark | Dedenne | she/her | DeliriousAbsolWes | Human | he/him | HelloYellow17

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Altair's attention was ripped away from his current conversation, redirecting itself to a scene of a garish looking delphox wearing clothes—for whatever reason—shouting at a human man. Seemed that those two had a bit of a history.

With his previous train of thought lost, Altair excused himself from his little chat. In a suitable spot, several paces away from everyone else, Altair traced a few shapes in the ground with a talon. Almost immediately, it began to take shape, mirroring Altair's thoughts. Ascending at a 45 degree angle came the uncoloured bow of a ship, no detail—aside from the sails—left behind, stopping abruptly after the foremast.

Just looking at the ship section filled Altair with a childlike vigour. Unprompted, he climbed onto bowsprit and from the top of his lungs, filled the empty air with song.

"When first I come to Hulbury, I went upon a spree
Me money at last I spent it fast, got drunk as drunk could be
And when me money was all gone ’twas then that I wanted more
But a man must be blind or be out of his mind to go to sea once more
Once more
Once more
To go to sea once more"

Oh, how he missed this.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"We can make things here? Great! It's been too long since I've had ice cream," the chimera said, trying to imagine a nice cone of ice cream, on a stand so that they can actually eat it with how short their arms were.

I get the stomach, I get to choose what we eat. Ice cream's disgusting. I'm craving curry.

YOU-

A horrific combination of ice cream and curry manifests in front of Arctozolt.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID!" the creature screeched.

Look what YOU did!

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance simply watched the entire situation unfold. It appeared that some of them recognized each other? And he could swear he saw that Delphox before. But where?

Well, better not to delve into it. For whatever reason, they could manifest things with their minds? That chimera seemed to do that.

Hmph.

Lance focused his mind and wondered what he could manifest. After a moment of pondering, he settled on a book, that appeared on his paw. Perfect.

Top Bottom