• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
In general, I think my biggest defense is that Mewtwo wouldn't be dramatic over shared fail Healer IC, and I didn't want to at first claim overdose because I didn't know 100% Wes was Doctor and thus didn't wait to reveal the overdose to everyone
Yes, but OOC exists and you used it. You claimed you did think fairly strongly Wes was Doc, so why didn't you throw out the idea?
If overdose is a thing it doesn't really hurt town for people to know it since the Mafia can't control unless they also have a doc, in which case they already know. Scum not blocking docs to allow overdose can actually a good thing for town, since it gives us a chance to protect to people. I think that's an unlikely strategy.

wait, why would only I have known this?? I'm confused on this point--wouldn't this just be general doctor thing?
I think the idea there is that you assumed Wes wouldn't be told because you're scum and he's not and scum Know More Things.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
[[still I suppose it's possible the mafia could have been given half a firefighter just like town were. the arsonist is the enemy of both sides, after all. does that also mean we should stop trusting Nefari as much??? damn it i'm too tired for this.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"Well. That certainly changes things. Heh, and here I was trying to be clever. Oi, Wes was it? Looks like I was right to trust you. Purple-tail over there doesn't seem to have much of a defence, and if he is the Mafia Doctor...well I guess that confirms a little hunch that I was having but it appears that I don't have the time to explain it right now." Altair grinned, staring up towards the sky. "More information should be out by tomorrow, anyway."

[[Holy shit. I guess I was right to be wary of Mewtwo because of a potential mafia doctor despite his posts reading well surface-level. Yeah, this information is far too substantial for me to leave my vote on Namco (also elyvorg brought up a good point in that trying to pressure them wouldn't work as well as I thought as there is currently a very clear majority on Chappie. My mistake). Good shit, Dragonfree.]]

Unvote: Namco
Vote: Mewtwo

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Don't worry, we're not voting for you now, if we even tried the day would just be extended thanks to the rule preventing new trains emerging less than an hour before the deadline.

Yeah, the idea with mafia!you assuming Wes doesn't know about overdosing would be that scum in general have more information, and it would be a totally reasonable assumption if healer clash isn't a mechanic you've played with before (which, I guess I don't know that? But like I said previously in the game, I don't think that's very common elsewhere and this is the first time it's been used here) that it's a mechanic you're able to use to nullify heals because you're mafia, and not a general doctor mechanic that all doctors are told about.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
- Mewtwo immediately assumed Tefiren was bulletproof when he did the softclaim gambit - very circumstantial, and elyvorg didn't really choose to interpret this as too suspect at the time, but definitely a case of not even thinking about any alternative explanations for Tefiren knowing the kill.
[[
responding to individual points in invididual posts because it's easier brainwise.

I was on the lookout for Bulletproof claims, because it was the gambit I wanted to do early game as a not-nightkill thing
]]

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
[[does that also mean we should stop trusting Nefari as much???]]
[[no, actually, we shouldn't, because she's gunning for Mewtwo right now whereas if she were mafia firefighter then Wes would be town firefighter and she should be going after him. unless both doctors are town, I guess.

i hope you are enjoying elyvorg's stream-of-consciousness tiredposting about this should-be-exciting development. let's say Tefiren's also tired after he lost his excitement halfway through the day and can't quite bring himself to get his teeth into this either.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
- Mewtwo also voted for Arctozolt; granted, this was ostensibly based on a misunderstanding of the Jesse/Dave/Lexx exchange, which is fair, but nonetheless.

actually, this was solely due to the jailer definition misunderstanding. I voted Arctozolt because I couldn't see how what they were saying was mechanically possible, because I thought a jailer would work differently

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[still I suppose it's possible the mafia could have been given half a firefighter just like town were. the arsonist is the enemy of both sides, after all. does that also mean we should stop trusting Nefari as much??? damn it i'm too tired for this.]]
I mean, if you think about it
I claimed right away. Wes did not.
I feel a role dependent specifically on innocent deaths to gain protective ability is unlikely for a scum role- which mine is, and Wes' by the sounds of it was just going to come night 2 no matter what. Faking a misreading of my role PM as D4/N4 would be kinda weird, if I'm scum and that's my actual role comes D4/N4 then it would make more sense to claim it.
Therefore if one of us is scum it's more likely Wes.
But I think we're both town.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
- Mewtwo and Alexander in particular put active pressure on Arctozolt to not just spill what Lexx's role was but how they knew - something town actually fairly definitively wouldn't want public but the mafia definitely would. (And they did end up revealing the how, which is why they're dead now.)

but... Arctozolt was claiming something completely different to back-up. If arctozolt was Town, I didn't expect they would be lying. If they were telling the truth, I thought it would only help Town (because it is good to know if Cop dead/if we can read from dead Cop's implications)

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Huh, maybe Mewtwo being mafia would explain why they randomly started gunning for Lusamine at the beginning based on nothing in a way that they clearly didn't intend to go anywhere - to try and make people feel like they weren't associated, in case Lusamine ever flipped mafia first?]]

For what it's worth, i was always going to vote for Lusamine first, as she was the player Mewtwo would most dislike. Her and Dave, mentioned in my Day0 RP post

He wouldn't be able to do much today; no player--including himself--knew the rules of this game yet. But he paid special attention to the humans, especially the two most mature. One, a female with odd light-colored hair, he had half-paid attention to her speaking with others. Something... it reminded him of a Rocket.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Also, I'm saying a Mafia Doctor when they wouldn't even be able to be used until Day 2 is kind of weird? Like, what's the point? I'd suggest asking if there *is* another Townie Doctor, but I'm sus so maybe other people work that out lolol.

However, if there is no other Townie, then that makes me think there is no Mafia Doctor because why have a Mafia Doctor with a useless role.

Yeah, so my thoughts: no other Doctor, both me and Yellow telling the truth. Yes other Doctor, but there could be a Mafia Doctor (but it's not me I swear). Or Yellow is lying, which something to consider with no scum Doctor when me innocent flip lololol
]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
...if I sus out Yellow for kind of weird role will that make me look better or worse lol? at least, if there's another Firefighter, why *soft town*? To know there was an Arsonist, DW would either have to be telling the truth or Arsonist themself.
]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
Wait a minute. If Yellow has the same role as DW, why would Yellow be confused as to if she could claim details. *DW did the exact thing early in the game*
]]

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
[[...it is a bit weird how Wes went "wait a minute if Nefari's possible firefighter like me then that makes me trust her more" like he was only just realising this. surely he'd have been the one to trust her most as soon as she claimed, because he also knew half-firefighters were a thing in this game?

DAMN IT WHICH DOCTOR IS MORE SUS, i'm so glad we're firmly decided on the chappie lynch so we can mostly shelve this to seriously go over tomorrow]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Also, I'm saying a Mafia Doctor when they wouldn't even be able to be used until Day 2 is kind of weird? Like, what's the point?
More reason to consider you the more likely candidate for the scum docter.

Like I said I think me and Yellow are probably both town.

[[
...if I sus out Yellow for kind of weird role will that make me look better or worse lol? at least, if there's another Firefighter, why *soft town*? To know there was an Arsonist, DW would either have to be telling the truth or Arsonist themself.
]]
Me and Yellow both claim later arriving firefighting roles, and the fact yhat Yellow backs me up on the firefighting roles coming later should look good because as an Arsonist I most likely would not have known that.

[[
Wait a minute. If Yellow has the same role as DW, why would Yellow be confused as to if she could claim details. *DW did the exact thing early in the game*
]]
Because Yellow wasn't sure if I was breaking rules when I did that maybe and wanted to be careful? I don't think she's played before, or at least not in a game with this many roles.

But eh.
Yellow claiming flavor names is allowed, what's your roles flavor name and your abilities flavor names?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Fusion jolted from his meditation, and when he opened his eyes and regained his self-awareness, he had his mouth open like he was about to speak... but he didn't know what he was saying. All he did know was that it was about what Dave had said, and some tangential rant about how likely it might have been for Mewtwo's target to have been swapped with whatever power allowed someone to swap targets, possibly Arctozolt with Lusamine.

In the end, as Fusion remembered his own words, he realized he didn't say much of value. Besides, so many others were getting at Mewtwo as it was, defending him would have been suspect of Fusion, wouldn't it?

So, instead of join in on the hectic arguments bound to come from this, Fusion went silent.

[[To preserve the one time I actually flaunted my brain for this, I will give a summary of what I remember I wrote before it got snapped.

Basically, I wanted to bring up the possibility that someone swapped Arctozolt and Lusamine on the night they died. I obviously don't have any proof, and this is just speculation, my speculation, so bear with me. Also, this is with my understanding of Bus Driver being a target swapping role which I believe is actually what it is but if it isn't... hey dude, you're the one who thought I'd know.

-Finding out Arctozolt's role and seeing how dangerous it was for the Mafia, a Mafia-alligned Vigilante or Arsonist aims for them.

-With Lusamine getting sussed, the Mafia healers, plural, aim for her, not knowing the other one already did.

-The Bus Driver, if Town, takes a risk to save Arctozolt by swapping them with someone else, unfortunately Lusamine. Whether by random chance, or they themselves weren't sus of her at the time and thought it was safe.

-The Bus Driver, if Mafia, targets Lusamine believing that a Town-Alligned Vigilante or the Arsonist would target her, and swaps her with Arctozolt, someone that the Townies would most likely try to save just because of their role.

-In the end, both characters were doomed to die in some almost hilarious dance where everyone had three left feet. Or a mexican standoff where everyone switches targets at the last second and they all still get Game-Ended, aside from the Bus Driver. There's a lot of happenstance in this theory and honestly... I don't think it's entirely likely to be what happened. It's just the first thing my brain conjured up when I had to think about it with Mewtwo as innocent.

Alternatively to that, another idea came to mind thanks to me still not knowing what the fuck Bus Driver does. In this theory, Fusion thinks of the Bus Driver as a redirecting role, instead of a target swapping one. Which I really have no idea if that's even a normal power... This also plays off of Fusion's lack of understanding around which roles goes first, or if roles can target specific actions based on their alliance.
i.e: A Mafia Redirector targeting a Townie's Heal
A Townie shield only blacking Mafia Powers and letting Town Powers through

Honestly the least likely of these two... or however many theories I put in this post. If it wasn't possible to overcompensate for radio silence for a week... it will be after this. Possibly

-In this theory, Lusamine is targeted by the Mafia Doctor, and Arctozolt is targeted by a Mafia Arsonist or Vigilante, and a Townie healer.

-A Mafia Bus Driver, thinking Arctozolt would have been targeted by healers, redirects the Townie Healer to Lusamine, who might get targeted by the Arsonist or Vigilante.

-Boom, both targets die anyway, everyone is confused.

And neither of these are even thinking about Jesse's death, which mighta just been a normal Mafia kill in all honesty. Probably.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[The mafia doctor's role wouldn't be useless even if Wes couldn't be a doctor until D2, though! There is another doctor, just one that (the mafia presumably doesn't know) won't be able to act until D2; and also, the mafia doctor could protect other mafia members against vigilantes.

It does give me pause that if Wes is our only town doctor, and he only became a doctor because he chose it but could have chosen another role, that's really not a lot of doctor power for the town to work with. I don't really want any possible other doctor to claim right now, but.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
- Mewtwo's D1 reads had Lusamine as town (soft), based on very little - the only person who actively townread her.]]
Huh, maybe Mewtwo being mafia would explain why they randomly started gunning for Lusamine at the beginning based on nothing in a way that they clearly didn't intend to go anywhere - to try and make people feel like they weren't associated, in case Lusamine ever flipped mafia first?]]

[[This are two different people, but you know.]]

If overdose is a thing it doesn't really hurt town for people to know it since the Mafia can't control unless they also have a doc, in which case they already know. Scum not blocking docs to allow overdose can actually a good thing for town, since it gives us a chance to protect to people. I think that's an unlikely strategy.

[[
this is a case of me not thinking that way >.>
]]

Yes, but OOC exists and you used it. You claimed you did think fairly strongly Wes was Doc, so why didn't you throw out the idea?

[[
My point with the RP thing is that I wouldn't have done it *at all* if I didn't know about overdoses. Mewtwo wouldn't have cared if they happened to do the same thing wrong, thus he would have done nothing. If I thought Wes didn't know, I wouldn't have claimed at all, because why would I?
]]

Yeah, the idea with mafia!you assuming Wes doesn't know about overdosing would be that scum in general have more information, and it would be a totally reasonable assumption if healer clash isn't a mechanic you've played with before (which, I guess I don't know that? But like I said previously in the game, I don't think that's very common elsewhere and this is the first time it's been used here) that it's a mechanic you're able to use to nullify heals because you're mafia, and not a general doctor mechanic that all doctors are told about.]]

[[
Okay, the thing about assuming Mafia!me thought Wes didn't know about the overdosing, why would I have said anything at all? Isn't it better for the Mafia if the Townie Doctor is still swinging around unconcerned about the mechanic?
]]

Top Bottom