• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...What?" Alexander squinted. "What was that? Can you speak to the fallen? ...On the same night they had been claimed? I do not understand."

[[Legit confused. No clue what's being said here. Medium? Custom ability? Is it information or... Like I don't get it.]]

"Did you therefore get information on the other fallen as well?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse rubbed his temple as he took a break from his note-taking.

"Good gods, fella. Spit it the fuck out already. Yer a fuckin' speaker fer the dead or some shit, fine, let's hear it. I legitimately don't know why yer tail is so fuckin' keen not to let on."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Namco had been silent, but was now staring at the strange chimera. They not-so-nicely stepped on it's wayward tail, with a smile on their face that signaled their patience was running very thin.

"Out with it. Now. What do you know?"

(Just a note that I'm probably going to be offline the rest of today and tomorrow for the most part)

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"We could-YEOWCH STOP THAT! I got to see both abilities that the dead people had!" Arctozolt screeched.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave made an exasperated get-on-with-it motion with his hand. "Okay. And their abilities are...? For fuck's sake."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"We could-YEOWCH STOP THAT! I got to see both abilities that the dead people had!" Arctozolt screeched.

"And they are? Not much point keeping it to yourself if they're gone. It might even help us figure out why the tyrunt went down as well. Was she a Bodyguard or Babysitter of some sort?"

[[aaaand sniped]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"The Tyrunt's ability was to hide themselves behind someone else! The human's ability is-"

The tail slapped them in the face again.

Don't.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
If any one of you can hear me, trust me when I say that you DON'T want this information to be public knowledge.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Trust. Me. You don't want this information to come out.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Lusamine wondered why the Tyrunt had hid behind someone who she'd been under the impression had been likely to die... Why not hide behind someone who'd drawn no attention to themse-

Oh. Right. Someone so insignificant that nobody would care about them. The Dedenne who Chappie had decided was the perfect pawn to redirect with would also be the perfect person to hide behind. It made logical sense.

"I think I see. The Tyrunt tried to hide behind the Dedenne, thinking nobody would target them. She was redirected towards our late teammate instead. Then, presumably by having a way to work around the redirection, but possibly by just inexplicably targeting the Dedenne themselves, the killers offed the two of them together."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
The human's ability is-"

And then came the sound of another tail slap. Altair didn't even bother opening his eyes or hiding his frustration in his voice. "He's dead. What do you have to lose by revealing this information? You're just being a hindrance to everyone else at this point."

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
Tefiren's leaves bristled in irritation as the weird half-zolt thing screeched its way through the most excruciatingly drawn-out telling-of-what-it-knew he'd ever seen. At least he could take some comfort from the fact that he wasn't the only person mad about this.

"How could it possibly be bad for us if we knew what the Human could do when he's gone now? And anyway, according to you, you think the Mafia caught him because they knew his trick anyway! The only way it could ever be bad is if it told the Mafia something that means more to them than us, but you seem to think the Mafia already know this!"

[[Forgive me if you haven't given me much reason to trust your judgement on this, since the apparent reason you began this whole thing in the first place was to try and "help" us by telling us the mafia definitely went for Lexx, except that was, A, still a supposition on your part because you have absolutely no way to be sure the mafia even knew Lexx's power, and B, didn't meaningfully help us anyway because we'd all decided from supposition that that was the most likely answer (well, swap notwithstanding) without having to know Lexx's power. If all of us knowing what Lexx could do is apparently so devastating that it'd, like, make us all drop dead on the spot just from hearing it, you shouldn't have said anything, because making everyone slightly more sure that the mafia went for him is not worth the risk of it potentially leading to whatever terrible consequences you insist this is going to have. I'm just completely failing to see any way in which this could actually be as bad as you seem to think.

Like, can anyone who's more experienced with role-heavy metas back me up on this? Is there literally any role that would be devastating for town if it was revealed after the townie with that role is dead? Has Negrek just gone insane? I do not even.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[My apologies]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave exhaled through his nose. "I mean. In theory the mafia learning that a particular role is dead can be bad. Say there's only one doctor, and they learn the doctor is dead. That tells them they're safe shooting for anyone they think is a powerful role. That sort of deal."

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Dave exhaled through his nose. "I mean. In theory the mafia learning that a particular role is dead can be bad. Say there's only one doctor, and they learn the doctor is dead. That tells them they're safe shooting for anyone they think is a powerful role. That sort of deal."
Okay, fair.
But even then, town benefits from knowing that they don't have that role anymore to and that they can't rely on it.

Top Bottom