• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mafia Schedule and Interest Check

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Have an idea for a fun game of mafia and want to see if there are people interested in playing? Want to know if there are any upcoming games to participate in, or wondering when you might be able to host a game you're interested in running? Look no further! This thread is for proposing mafia games, discussing potential setups, and getting your game scheduled.

If you're planning to host a game, please post here with a general idea of when you want to begin so people are able to plan good times for their own games.

Upcoming Games

Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia: April 23rd
Vanilla Mafia: Summer 2022

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I'm planning to host a PMD-themed mafia game sometime in 2022!

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Copy-pasting this from the discord. Thank you, based Negrek.

During my time as dead in Namo's game, I was inspired to put together some plans for a Role Madness Mafia game of my own and things are looking quiet solid at this point (I just need to do some balancing based around the number of people joining)! Obviously, I have no intention of running it now, with Namo's game just finishing and Bwuii's on the horizon, but I wanted to ask you guys when you'd like this theoretical game to be run. Right now, I'm thinking of either this Halloween/Christmas/New Years but I wanted to ask here to get a better understanding on both general interest and scheduling.

The flavour has a slight PMD-twist (takes place in a mystery dungeon-like setting with changing layouts, every player is a or turned into a pokémon) and is planned to have a player cap of 25. The game should hopefully last no more than 5-7 in-game days (48 hours), even at larger sizes.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
I am a filthy addict and do indeed posess an interest. My guess would be maybe End of Oct/Nov maybe for availibility? that leaves time for recovery I think?

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
I'm planning to host a PMD-themed mafia game sometime in 2022!
Give us an update when you've got a firmer idea of timeline! In general I'm probably not going to record anything more than six months out.

Copy-pasting this from the discord. Thank you, based Negrek.

During my time as dead in Namo's game, I was inspired to put together some plans for a Role Madness Mafia game of my own and things are looking quiet solid at this point (I just need to do some balancing based around the number of people joining)! Obviously, I have no intention of running it now, with Namo's game just finishing and Bwuii's on the horizon, but I wanted to ask you guys when you'd like this theoretical game to be run. Right now, I'm thinking of either this Halloween/Christmas/New Years but I wanted to ask here to get a better understanding on both general interest and scheduling.

The flavour has a slight PMD-twist (takes place in a mystery dungeon-like setting with changing layouts, every player is a or turned into a pokémon) and is planned to have a player cap of 25. The game should hopefully last no more than 5-7 in-game days (48 hours), even at larger sizes.
Given that Bluwii's mafia isn't going to start until mid-late September and probably run for a couple weeks, I think Halloween is about the earliest you'd want to start. IMO would probably be better to push back a little more--I think anybody who played Vanilla Mafia and Humble Vale might be a bit leery of signing up for a third game after just another two weeks, and that's probably a fair chunk of your audience.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
I am a filthy addict and do indeed posess an interest. My guess would be maybe End of Oct/Nov maybe for availibility? that leaves time for recovery I think?
Given that Bluwii's mafia isn't going to start until mid-late September and probably run for a couple weeks, I think Halloween is about the earliest you'd want to start. IMO would probably be better to push back a little more--I think anybody who played Vanilla Mafia and Humble Vale might be a bit leery of signing up for a third game after just another two weeks, and that's probably a fair chunk of your audience.

Indeed. Would mid-late November work out better for everyone then? It'd be enough of a break for the regular players to recover from Namo/Bwuii's games.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Just going to make it official here: I will be hosting a Role Overdrive game of mafia whose signups will begin right at the end of the Review Blitz. That is, on Sunday, January 23rd. More details will be made available then, and I plan for the signup phase to last a little under a week, beginning on the following weekend. I have everything already planned after a month or two of hashing things out, tweaking mechanics, and so on. The player cap will be 25, but excess can go on a substitution waitlist (statistically, someone may need to drop) or something along those lines.

More details, the proper introduction post, and so on will come out on the 23rd of January. Hope to see you then!

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Definitely planning on running a game. Might have to be in the back half of the year, probably Q3 (July-September), my best guess.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
I have plans for a Team Skull themed mafia game sometime in the future, when I'm not swamped with other things to do. Beeg TBA.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Very excited to sign up for that one, but
  1. Free, Chibi and I will be hanging out in person until the 27th
  2. Artfight is taking up July for a lot of us

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Very excited to sign up for that one, but
  1. Free, Chibi and I will be hanging out in person until the 27th
  2. Artfight is taking up July for a lot of us
Good to know! I can see about pushing it back a couple weeks if it looks like it's a bad time to start for more players, but I don't think I can push it back further than late July/very early August due to my own schedule.

Top Bottom