• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! Always fun to see another PMD author around. We've got quite a few here, so you'll be in good company! Hope you can find a few stories you'll enjoy reading, and I look forward to yours when you're able to upload it as well.

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

Pronouns
she/her
Hi! I'm Albatross, and I absolutely love to write! I've been into posting stories online since 2016, when my sixth-grade self decided it was a good idea to post her crappy Warrior Cats fanfics on ff.net... I hope that I've improved at least a little since then...
Anyway, I like to work on original stories, mostly focusing on the magical girl genre, but that's not really what I'm here for. I'm here for the fanfics! I did manage to post a new PMD fic yesterday, but other than that, I haven't written stuff for Pokemon in a loooong time. Still, I love the games (both main series and PMD), and I want to get back into the fandom!
My current fic (which I'll be posting here soon) is a PMD story that crosses over with the mainline games. It's a what-if scenario where Aster (the deceased character that Zinnia mentions in the Delta Episode) is turned into a Skitty after her death and plays the role of the protagonist of Rescue Team. I just felt like the Delta Episode was too similar to the climax of Rescue Team to ignore.
I also love game novelizations, and I hope to make some of my own eventually. HeartGold, Platinum, Black/Black 2, Y, Explorers, Gates...I'd love to write my own take on at least one of those games. I have very strong headcanons about the protagonists of each game (for example, Rosa is cynical and sarcastic, and she blames Hilda for not returning to Unova in its time of need, leaving her to defeat Team Plasma - and pick up severe PTSD and an inferiority complex on the way) and even though Masters has since come out and given the protagonists different personalities, I choose to ignore that because I'm not just gonna abandon my precious headcanons!
I also have an idea for a fic where all the protagonists of gens I-VI go to Driftveil City to compete in the PWT. However, saving the region/world is a huge burden for a child to bear, and all of the protagonists have their own mental health issues and coping mechanisms, some healthier than others. When all these kids meet, conflict is bound to occur...
I've started writing that one, but I haven't gotten much done.
In terms of updates, don't expect much. I'm not very good at maintaining a consistent schedule, and I often get sidetracked by other ideas. Still, I want to write, and maybe even finish something for once!
Okay, now for some random stuff about me:
  • My favorite color is green
  • My favorite Pokemon are Murkrow and Sneasel
  • I LOVE magical girl anime, such as Precure and Madoka
  • My first Pokemon game was actually Pokepark - I randomly made a new file on my older cousin's game when I was 8
  • My first mainline game was HeartGold
  • I can't decide which mainline game is my favorite! I love all the DS ones!
  • I have a parakeet named Troy and a beautiful betta fish named Simmon
Okay, that's about it! I hope I have fun here!

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Aah, hello! A fellow PMD enjoyer. Glad to have you on board and looking forward to reading what you publish.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! I'd like to congratulate you on choosing the CORRECT favorite color, and you have some excellent taste in pets and favorite pokémon. I am super hype for a crossover between PMD and mainline featuring Aster of all people, wow! Love the premise, and your big crossover fic idea sounds fun, too. We have loads of other PMD writers here, so you'll be in good company... You might enjoy Ambyssin's Path of Valor or JFought's The Myriad Investigations of Detective Oliver if you haven't read them already!

Welcome again, and I hope you have fun here, too!

Grey

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/They
Hello!! My name is Grey, I've been into pokemon ever since I was a little kid and have been stuck in this fandom ever since! When I was younger I wrote a lot of fanfiction about pokemon, warrior cats, danny phantom and other fandoms, but I ended up moving to writing for comics! I've been meaning to find more fanfics to read ever since I lost touch with my roots, and this seems like a great place to get that mojo back!

My current comic is a story called PMD: Rangers of Sky, where a pokemon ranger named Eliza finds herself transported to a PMD world and now has to navigate a whole new set of trials with her friend's lives on the line.

I enjoy PMD-related stories (of course) but I greatly enjoy complex characters, in depth drama, hurt/comfort and themes of found family and character studies. I greatly enjoy world building! Explaining how things work and why they work the way they do in different and fun ways! Adventure romps, nuzlockes and other human-centric stories are also a good jam, and I don't mind myself a fun bit of chaos every now and again. :D Roleplaying as well is such a fun thing for me as well, making OCs and finding out about other's characters is such a blast!

And finally, here's some fun facts about me!
  • I've been RPing for over 10 years at this point! (I'm old)
  • I own a cat! Her name is Clemetine and she's a baby
  • I know a lot about computers, but don't ask me how to build one XD
  • Chocolate milk is my weakness
  • I'm trying to learn German! I'm not good at it yet though
  • I am not used to forums at all, so if there's any ettique or things I should keep in mind please let me know!
It's a pleasure to get to know you all! And I hope I see you around the forums!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Already saw you on the Discord, but it's great to see you around the forums as well! As a PMD and RP enjoyer I think you'll fit right in around here. I hope you'll find some stories and perhaps some RPs to enjoy around here. If you're looking for a quick read with some fun characterization and PMD worldbuilding to get you started on the stories we have around here, you might enjoy the short story "Starfall!"

I don't think there's any particular forum etiquette that you need to worry about, but since I've been doing forums for most of my life I'm sure there are some things that feel so natural to me that I wouldn't even think to highlight them, heh. Don't be afraid to bump your own threads, I guess, even if you were the last person to post in them!

I.Am.Will™

Hat wearing ghost
Pronouns
He/Him
I guess I've put off doing this for long enough.

I Am Will™, William. Bill and Willy are not acceptable because one isn't related and the other is my dad's name.

Hat wearing, vest donning, hot chocolate downing half-ghost Zorua stuck going to college and work. Leaves me real dead tired often.

I've been writing and Roleplaying properly for at least 6 years, though I've done both without much thought when I was much, much younger. At the time of writing and posting this I don't have any active ongoing stories I feel comfortable sharing here yet. I wish I did, or I could draw but I don't feel like I am particularly skilled at any of that stuff.

My favorite things to go into concerning fics is defying the concept of "Light is good, dark is bad" as well as going against the grain concerning a lot of notions and stereotypes concerning Pokemon. If I ever post my writing, then you'll probably see what I mean.

...Man it's been too long since I've done one of these. Been like, 7 years? I lost track.

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
Hi Will! Welcome to the forum! Great to have you here! I quite like roleplaying myself but haven't done any proper roleplay in a while outside of DnD. Timezones can be a problem :mewlulz: I hope you settle in nicely here :veelove:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! When it comes to writing and RPing, you're definitely in good company here. And I'm always intrigued by stories that go against the grain of normal Pokémon fic, so I hope you get the chance to post yours someday! Totally understand being busy, though... college and work is definitely a lot. Hope you end up finding at least a little time for your hobbies, though!

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
Probably should have done this a month ago, but here I go:

I'm FauxFox, but you can call me Dymin or Fool.
Found this place through one of the writing tips threads I think, though this is my first message here.
I have been roleplaying and writing since around 2017, though I took a break for the last two years but now am getting back into it.
I write, draw, game, and play D&D in my free time, though that doesn't come often anymore.

While I try to avoid cannon when it comes to my writing, I have no problem when it comes to roleplaying in canon settings or with canon characters, though I do prefer being able to make my own characters (I have a massive backlog of OCs)
Currently working on a story/comic (haven't named it yet, I'll get there eventually) about a Zorua named Theo and a Vulpix named Tina who each have a few things that they would like to keep secret working together to fulfill Tina's dream of being in a successful exploration team and Theo's goal of regaining his memories. I know how I want it to end and how it begins, the real fun will be coming up with the journey from those two points. Writing a lot of non-pmd stuff too, but you guys will probably only ever see the PMD stuff.

If I'm being honest, this is my first time doing an introduction like this, and also my first time using a forum site, so I am excited to see what the future will bring.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Probably should have done this a month ago, but here I go:

I'm FauxFox, but you can call me Dymin or Fool.
Found this place through one of the writing tips threads I think, though this is my first message here.
I have been roleplaying and writing since around 2017, though I took a break for the last two years but now am getting back into it.
I write, draw, game, and play D&D in my free time, though that doesn't come often anymore.

While I try to avoid cannon when it comes to my writing, I have no problem when it comes to roleplaying in canon settings or with canon characters, though I do prefer being able to make my own characters (I have a massive backlog of OCs)
Currently working on a story/comic (haven't named it yet, I'll get there eventually) about a Zorua named Theo and a Vulpix named Tina who each have a few things that they would like to keep secret working together to fulfill Tina's dream of being in a successful exploration team and Theo's goal of regaining his memories. I know how I want it to end and how it begins, the real fun will be coming up with the journey from those two points. Writing a lot of non-pmd stuff too, but you guys will probably only ever see the PMD stuff.

If I'm being honest, this is my first time doing an introduction like this, and also my first time using a forum site, so I am excited to see what the future will bring.
Welcome to the forums! There's loads of people who do more OC-focused work here, both in terms of fanfiction and in terms of roleplaying, so you should fit right in. Your fic idea sounds fun, and I hope you'll share it with us once you have something ready to post. You're welcome to ask for help or brainstorm ideas here, too. If you've got an idea of how the story starts and how it ends, though, I think you're already well on your way!

Hi I am Tygr, I am new to this forum and I am about to embark on creating a fictional Pokemon region sort of the type we see introduced in Pragamagik or Truegreen 7 channels.
Very nice! I see you've already created a thread to talk about your region; we also have a thread specifically for discussions of fakemon, if that's something you're interested in. There are a lot of people kicking around here who've worked on designing their own region in one way or another, so there are plenty of resources if you're looking for help. Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Ayalim

Youngster
Pronouns
she/her
Oh boy, I had no idea old-school fansites and forums like this were still around.

So hi there I guess, I've been here-and-there around the pokémon fandom years ago but not been super involved recently (I'm too timid for all those giant discord servers and Big Social Media). I've... got nothing to show for fanfiction lmao. I mainly put my focus into artwork.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
There are still dozens of us! Dozens!!

Welcome to Thousand Roads, anyhow! No worries if you haven't done much with fanfic. There are plenty of artists here, too, and you're more than welcome to post your artwork. We definitely enjoy fanart around here, too!

Yuachii

Youngster
Pronouns
she/her
Hello hello, I'm Yua! Getting back into writing fanfiction after a solid five years away, and the news about Ash sent me spiraling back into my trusty old Pokemon hyperfixation, so it looks like I've landed around here for now! Currently have an almost completely unplanned longfic that is just jerking me around to wherever the plot bunny takes me and an overextended oneshot in the works, both anime-centric. Nice to meet everyone!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! The news out of the anime has honestly been really inspiring recently--definitely a lot of opportunity for fic. I'm glad you're feeling excited about Pokémon again, and the stories you have in the works sound like a lot of fun. Look forward to reading them when you decide to publish, or feel free to make a thread about how the process is going as you work on them!

REDWAV5

Baro
Pronouns
He/Him
Heyo! I'm REDWAV5! I also go by Red or Baro.
Been scrolling through FFN since 2017, and for the most part you'll just find me speed-reading random fics as I'm generally just a lurker. I have worked on and uploaded a few chapters of my own PMD fic, but I'm pretty inconsistent in updating it. Regardless, happy to be here!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, Red! Sorry I missed this earlier--with our Review Blitz event going on, I'm afraid it kind of got buried. I've sort of already welcomed you by having a look at your story, but it's never a bad idea to welcome someone again, I guess. I'm glad you've started uploading your fic here (albeit not your main one, was my impression?), and I hope you'll enjoy your time on the forums!

Ax0l

Youngster
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello! my name is Ax0l!

im an italian boy who loves videogames and music.

i've been gaining interest in fanfics thanks to the mystery dungeon subreddit.

speaking of pokèmon!

my favourite games are the ones from gen 6 (X/Y and the gen 3 remakes)

i also love some spin-offs (Pokkèn Tournament and PMD EoS, PMD Super, Unite.)

My favourite pokèmon is Lucario.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, welcome to the forums! If you enjoy PMD, you'll definitely find yourself in good company here. Some of my favorite games on your list, too; I'm a big fan of EoS and the Gen 3 remakes in particular. If you're looking for stories to read, you might enjoy PMD: Dual Wills or PMD: Dual Wills--they both have riolu leads!

Top Bottom