• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Oof, I'm so sorry! I thought I'd already welcomed you a while back. I hope you've been enjoying your time on the forums. Love me a good journeyfic, and it sounds like you like exploring a lot of themes I find pretty interesting--and I think many other people around here will, too! Fine taste in pokémon as well. Journeyfic with an obstagoon and I'd be there. :)

Welcome again. It's great to have you here!

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Greetings!

I'm MintyMimix here, but you will see me go by Crococore on AO3 and FF.net! I've been a Pokémon fan since my first copy of Blue, but I really got deep into it once I played Diamond & Red Rescue Team! Because of how those games influenced my preferences, you'll likely see me poking around and reviewing isekai, first contact, and xenofiction stories!

Outside of Pokémon, I currently work in Data Analytics and am working on my master's in Computer Information Systems. My hobbies tend to revolve around games or talking about them and their stories! I play a lot of City of Heroes, Kingdom Hearts, and "party" games like Jackbox, Dokapon, and Tower Unite! I also like to do homebrew tabletop every now and again (the world of my current fic, A Role Recasted, is derived from a PMD-style campaign I'm running with some friends)!

I haven't been around the community for too long, but I hope to make a good impression in both reading and sharing ideas, interactions, and engaging stories with one another!

If I were a Pokémon...
Minty
Type: Dragon / Fairy
Nature: Docile
Somewhat vain.
Likes spicy food.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! It's always nice to see another fan of PMD--I think you'll fit right in here. We also have plenty of data analysts and other computer-type people, so feel free to vent about programming nonsense any time; we feel your pain! It's cool that you're running a PMD-flavor TTRPG. Always wanted to try one of those myself! Hope we'll get to see the fic based on it at some point, too.

All in all, sounds like you have fine taste. Hope you enjoy your time here! Welcome again to Thousand Roads.

TheOnePersonInTheBack

Oblivious Protagonist
Pronouns
Any work
Heyo! I go by Toffee pretty much everywhere but on here I go by my Discord Name. Ive been a fan of Pokemon sense I was five when an old family friend would lend us her gameboy. Ive always wanted to give back to the community I loved so much growing up and now Ive decided I have the time to do just that.

Outside of Pokemon I love reading, writing, roleplaying, and playing video games. Im rather young so School and Homework do take up some of my time but I do my best to work around that. I havnt really been involved in fandoms much but one of my oldest favorites seems like a good place to start.

Now...as for me as a Pokemon-

Toffee
Ghost Type
Timid Nature
Quick to flee
Loves Sweet Food

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! If you like reading, writing, roleplaying, and video games, I'll think you'll fit right in here, heh. And personally, I can get behind a preference for sweet food as well. :P

Welcome again, and I hope you have a great time here on Thousand Roads!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! With those as some of your favorite characters, I think you'll fit in real well around here, heh. Looks like you've got quite a few fics to your name already--that's awesome! Glad you're crossposting some of them here. Hope you enjoy your time here on Thousand Roads, and welcome once again!

CinderArts

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He!
Partners
  1. cinderace
Joyous greetings to everyone here!

I would like to start off by saying how happy I am to have found the Thousand Roads community! I feel like I'm a treasure hunter who came to an island looking for silver, and found gold instead :veelove: I'm an artist with various talents such as writing, drawing and photography! My passions came to be as a result of games such as Metal Gear, and Pokemon! Then there's other things that come into factor such as learning about History, watching informational videos, and such!

Until now, I just stayed around in the Discord server because like Leon, I can get easily lost in the forums when it comes to navigation! Then again, it's better to try new things than try nothing at all! I'm looking forward in forging strong bonds with everyone here, and to make long lasting memories as well!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Joyous greetings to everyone here!

I would like to start off by saying how happy I am to have found the Thousand Roads community! I feel like I'm a treasure hunter who came to an island looking for silver, and found gold instead :veelove: I'm an artist with various talents such as writing, drawing and photography! My passions came to be as a result of games such as Metal Gear, and Pokemon! Then there's other things that come into factor such as learning about History, watching informational videos, and such!

Until now, I just stayed around in the Discord server because like Leon, I can get easily lost in the forums when it comes to navigation! Then again, it's better to try new things than try nothing at all! I'm looking forward in forging strong bonds with everyone here, and to make long lasting memories as well!
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you've enjoyed your time on Discord so far, and it's great that you've decided to try the forums as well. Didn't realize you were into photography; that's pretty cool. You really do have a lot of artsy hobbies!

Glad to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

MikaelBrigman

Golurk-Platinum
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, this is my first time joining a smaller forum. I don't have a preferred name, just my user is fine. It's a pseudonym anyway, I'll probably respond to "Asshole!" if you imply it hard enough.
I'm pretty small time and have a bad habit of writing incredibly niche stories that I'm lucky to get one consistent reviewer for. I wrote A Mid-Sinnoh Night's Dream on FFnet and Ao3, and I'm working on a new story called The Alchemist on both those sites as well. MSND is cracky in a way, heavily based on Gurren Lagann, and happens to be where the fanart that I use as my profile picture came from. The Alchemist is a more serious OC-insert that's essentially a Power Rangers show mixed with Evangelion. I don't mean to self-promote, but that's probably how it comes across, I apologize. My creativity works in very weird directions, so it seems. I have a lot of ideas for professional fiction but I don't spend enough time working on the worlds beforehand to actually get a foothold.
I've never been good at being enigmatic so if I'm leaving a lot of things about myself vague, that's unintentional. I like to think I'm a pretty chill dude, but I get snappy when people aren't trying their hardest. That's not like, a flex, that's just me getting mad when people act stupid. I'm a pretty young guy, but I have a tendency to act like an old man (I already have gray hair IRL, I make that joke a bit too much).
I'm also fairly average, don't get your hopes up. I'm the guy that chooses to play on the sidelines or to be a waterboy because I have a thing about supporting others instead of doing what I want to do. I've got an old soul or so I'm told.
I'm probably not going to join the discord because I have personal friends on there and I'm trying to keep my fanfic identity separate in concrete ways, sorry.
I said a whole lot of nothing again, didn't I? I like a lot of underrated Pokemon. Golurk's a favorite, but I also like the little guys like Shaymin. A pet that kicks ass for you while also being fun to hold is a win-win in my book. I took one of those type quizzes things a while back, and it said I was Dark-Steel-type, but that's too edgy for me so let's just go with Steel-Fairy, because dragons didn't have enough to check their closets for before they go to sleep.
Great to meet you all. Happy holidays is a pretty good way to end it off.

silurica

All shall be well
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. arceus-beta
  2. arceus
  3. arceus-shiny
Henlo, henlo. I'm silurica, and you can call me sil or silu for short. You may have seen me around other Poke communities, and now I'm here too after much deliberating with nervous thoughts. My interest in Pokemon is pretty all over the place since I've been following the series since a very long time ago, I just can't get enough of the universe.

I usually write short stories and flash fictions, and now I'm currently writing a journey fic of sorts titled Luceat Lux Vestra as my first Pokemon fic in years. It's currently posted on AO3 and Bulbagarden, but I may start posting it here too after I poke around the place more. Other than writing, I also enjoy pen drawing and occasionally draw illustrations for my stories and characters, like in my signature.

That should be all for now. I'll be around in Discord too, and I hope we can get along :veelove:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Ah, this is my first time joining a smaller forum. I don't have a preferred name, just my user is fine. It's a pseudonym anyway, I'll probably respond to "Asshole!" if you imply it hard enough.
I'm pretty small time and have a bad habit of writing incredibly niche stories that I'm lucky to get one consistent reviewer for. I wrote A Mid-Sinnoh Night's Dream on FFnet and Ao3, and I'm working on a new story called The Alchemist on both those sites as well. MSND is cracky in a way, heavily based on Gurren Lagann, and happens to be where the fanart that I use as my profile picture came from. The Alchemist is a more serious OC-insert that's essentially a Power Rangers show mixed with Evangelion. I don't mean to self-promote, but that's probably how it comes across, I apologize. My creativity works in very weird directions, so it seems. I have a lot of ideas for professional fiction but I don't spend enough time working on the worlds beforehand to actually get a foothold.
I've never been good at being enigmatic so if I'm leaving a lot of things about myself vague, that's unintentional. I like to think I'm a pretty chill dude, but I get snappy when people aren't trying their hardest. That's not like, a flex, that's just me getting mad when people act stupid. I'm a pretty young guy, but I have a tendency to act like an old man (I already have gray hair IRL, I make that joke a bit too much).
I'm also fairly average, don't get your hopes up. I'm the guy that chooses to play on the sidelines or to be a waterboy because I have a thing about supporting others instead of doing what I want to do. I've got an old soul or so I'm told.
I'm probably not going to join the discord because I have personal friends on there and I'm trying to keep my fanfic identity separate in concrete ways, sorry.
I said a whole lot of nothing again, didn't I? I like a lot of underrated Pokemon. Golurk's a favorite, but I also like the little guys like Shaymin. A pet that kicks ass for you while also being fun to hold is a win-win in my book. I took one of those type quizzes things a while back, and it said I was Dark-Steel-type, but that's too edgy for me so let's just go with Steel-Fairy, because dragons didn't have enough to check their closets for before they go to sleep.
Great to meet you all. Happy holidays is a pretty good way to end it off.
Welcome! Sounds like you have a lot of fun with your fic writing, which is as it should be! As I already said in my review, Power Rangers/Evangelion/Pokémon ought to be a real good time. Golurk's an excellent choice in pokémon, too; kintsugi's Handfuls of Dust features one pretty heavily, if you ever find yourself in the mood for Orre fic. Welcome again to Thousand Roads; we're glad to have you!

Henlo, henlo. I'm silurica, and you can call me sil or silu for short. You may have seen me around other Poke communities, and now I'm here too after much deliberating with nervous thoughts. My interest in Pokemon is pretty all over the place since I've been following the series since a very long time ago, I just can't get enough of the universe.

I usually write short stories and flash fictions, and now I'm currently writing a journey fic of sorts titled Luceat Lux Vestra as my first Pokemon fic in years. It's currently posted on AO3 and Bulbagarden, but I may start posting it here too after I poke around the place more. Other than writing, I also enjoy pen drawing and occasionally draw illustrations for my stories and characters, like in my signature.

That should be all for now. I'll be around in Discord too, and I hope we can get along :veelove:
Nice to meet you, silurica! Always great to meet another journeyfic appreciator. Whether you decide to share your work here or not, I hope you're having a good time writing it! Your signature drawing is lovely, too. What a joy to be able to draw your own characters! Welcome to Thousand Roads, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Hi there! I've been here for a few weeks but haven't had the time to do my own intro and now that I have the time...

Name's ShiniGojira or as I'm called on Discord, Godzilla. You can call me Shin, Jira or Godzilla. I've been lurking around the Discord server mostly because I'm too shy to say anything, but I love how kind and friendly the community is.
I'm your average Pokémon fan, been one since I was around seven, I think. Black 2 was my first official game outside an obscure Japanese Ruby romhack I've played when I was young.
I'm a writer that's pretty new to the scene (only been writing since late 2018), but I've been making decent progress (if my English teacher has anything to say about it).
I dabble in a lot of projects and fandoms, my main fic and project being 'Just a Normal Day' which I know, has a really bland title but it was one I've grown attached to.
I read about anything really, as long as it's got a good plot, story and characters. I'd probably check it out if it peaks my interest.
So yeah, I'm not sure what else to say. (I'm really bad at intros) I'll probably pop in on the discord server from time to time, depends on how much courage I can muster up though.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Never too late to say hello! Glad you caught the writing bug--hope you're having fun with Just a Normal Day! Based on your username, I have to wonder whether any kaiju will be featuring. :P

Feel free to pop in when you're feeling it and take a break when you don't. Always glad to have you around! One way or another, I hope you have a good time here.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Yo, guys! I'm Muted_Programmer_404, and I'm here to write fanfic, from NZ! RIght now I have only made one contribution to a Pokemon thread from another website, but that fic was cross-posted on ffn.net by me.

I hope to show it here too!
Welcome to the forums! It's fun to see another member from New Zealand around. I see you've already posted your fic--gonna check it out soon. Thanks for joining, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to the forums! It's fun to see another member from New Zealand around. I see you've already posted your fic--gonna check it out soon. Thanks for joining, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!
Thank you! I am writing another fic in a similar continuty, "Shifted Earth". It's gonna be a good ride anyhow, I hope you'll enjoy it when the first chapter comes out!

Extension_Driver

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
he/him
Hi! I'm Extension_Driver, from the discord and ffn.net! Right now, I'm in the process of seeing if I can transfer some of my fics from FFN here.

On FFN, I wrote a series about Pokemon appearing on Earth, and the reactions people have to this. I'd be glad to help if possible.

Oh - I'm from NZ. Glad to be here at last!

Extension_Driver

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
he/him

monsterArchiver

Youngster
Pronouns
he/him
Hi Everyone. Long time fanfic reader and new writer here! I recently left my job to finish a degree but quickly realized I needed something fun to fill out my time. I spent a few days thinking about it, trying old hobbies out, and sorta just existing. Nothing really clicked, you know? That is, until I stumbled on a post on /r/FanFiction about the Pokemon fandom. Have you guys ever had that floaty feeling in your stomach that makes you think, "this is it"? I was waffling on picking up writing again, but a peek at the discord and forum had me convinced. I should give it a try :)

I don't have anything concrete planned at this moment, so I'll take a few days to sus out a little project to start out with.

monsterArchiver

Youngster
Pronouns
he/him
Hello there, and welcome! I'm excited to read your work! Do you have any favorite fics you've read?
Borne Of Caution on SpaceBattles is my favorite Pokemon fic! A zookeeper from our world gets thrown into the Pokemon world. Victories are earned, problems don't just disappear, and a lot of emotions are felt.

Are there any fics you'd recommend I check out?

Top Bottom