• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

PitterPomCB

Youngster
Pronouns
They/He/She
Good morning world and all who inhabit it! My name be Tyler, a simple being with a Goodra Pokesona who plays video games way too much! I recently joined this forum just a few minutes ago, and I'm hoping to meet new people, as well as get some possible inspiration for a PMD fanfic I want to write sometime in the future. I look forward to making some new friends in my time here, and when the time comes that I do get around to starting mine, I hope you'll all enjoy it! Above all, though, I just hope we'll be able to get along nicely!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
What's up? I've seen you around on Discord before. If you're looking for inspiration, there are tons of PMD stories here to check out... Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular!

Hope you enjoy your stay, and I look forward to seeing your story when you get it posted. Keep us updated on how it's going! :)

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
I've been putting this introduction thing off for a day now, but I can only procrastinate for so long I guess.

My name is Fusion, but I'll probably respond to anything really. I've had a few other names, Warrior, Phoenix, Superior, and Wasp, but Fusion or Fuse is fine. I started writing fanfiction ages ago, like back in 2013 or 2014, I can't remember, and I've gotten back into writing a year ago and I really enjoy it! I'm only working on one story as of today, but I've had so many ideas for stories and one shots and I'm gonna be working on those pretty soon too. I'm not the best writer, but I'm getting better. I'm also not the best reader but I'm working on that too, when time allows.

I heard of this forum from a few friends, and I saw there was a bunch of stuff that encouraged writing, I thought it'd help me get better as a writer, so here I am! I'm sorry if I'm not super active at first, it isn't easy opening up to so many new people, and this is the first forum I've joined, but I promise I won't just lurk around all the time!

If I were to be a Pokemon:

Fusion
Dark-Type
Hardy Nature
Tends to overthink things
Likes pretty much every food
Was met on the Internet

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, welcome! Happy to have you, and don't worry if you spend a while lurking. If serious writing discussion seems a bit intimidating at first, we have some purely fun/silly writing-related threads that might be easier to get into, like the anime fic titles thread or the character truth or-dare-challenge.

Anyhow, hope your writing goes well and you have fun on the forums. Welcome again!

MadderJacker

I do not catch bugs
Pronouns
He/Him
I've been meaning to join this place for a while now but kept putting it off for one reason or another. Mostly because I'm not used to forums and I'll have to get used to the culture here. But I've been meaning to get more involved with the community for a while now, and a lot of my friends have been talking about this place, so I bit the bullet.

So hey. My name's MadderJacker, but friends call me MJ or Madder. I've written a lot over the years, but most of it was purged as I started my current project that I'm about four years deep into. Wish I'd kept it in retrospect, but there's nothing to be done now. A shame, really, since shame ages like fine wine. I do a fair bit of reading too, but I'll admit that I can be slow at times. As I write this it's been a good week since I've read someone's chapter. I'm hoping my productivity picks up and I'll finally get back to writing, so then I can read without feeling guilty for my audience.

It'll probably take me a while before I do more than just lurk, but it's nice to meet you all. Look forward to talking with everyone!

Victini1412

Youngster
Pronouns
She/ her
Hello everyone. Im Victini1412, but You can address me as Victini, Vic, V, Tini, I do not really care. I have be reading/ writing fanfics since I was like 14. I honestly forgot when I actually started. I read and write a variety of stories ranging from obviously Pokemon to Detective Conan (Kaito <3) to My Hero Academic. There is a lot more than that, but those are my big ones.

I am currently a freelance Beta. I just like reading stories and stuff, so if there is a story you need help with Betaing please let me know! I am currently the main Beta for 2 stories. One is on Fanfic.net and it is a BNHA fic while the other is a independent writer who is writing their own book.

I am currently trying to write my own book as well which was originally a Pokemon fanfic, but has since deviated from its source enough to hopefully be published once I am done with it. I will be posting my rough drafts of my chapters here hoping for some helpful advice for storytelling, character development, and just in germinal fluffing up the story.

Besides that, I love all sorts of video games. I am currently the president of my university's Esports League (even though I am about to be dethroned by graduating), so I could probably hold a conversation about almost any video game out there. I am also quite the anime otaku, so I could say the same about being able to hold a conversation about that. I also do a lot of DnD (usually DMing) and cooking as well.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
@MadderJacker Glad to have you! No worries on lurking, that's my preferred mode of operation, personally. Hope you have fun, however you decide to engage.

@Victini1412 Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you've got a lot going on, dang. I'll be curious to see how your story's going! I know a couple people who've tried converting pokémon works to original, but it's kind of an unusual path. Sounds like an interesting project!

Psychic

Psychic Know-it-All
Pronouns
she/her
Hey folks!

I'm Psychic, and I've been a part of the fic-writing community for over 15 years! I don't write a whole lot these days, but I enjoy reading and reviewing fics when the moods hits. I generally prefer both writing and reading one-shots, tending towards stories that focus on characters and relationships.

Outside of fics, I play most of the Pokemon games, I love baking (but that's a whole other persona), and attending/organizing irl Pokemon-themed events. I live with my partner of 7 years who very kindly tolerates my expansive Pokemon collection. Happy to be here!

Psychic ♀
Psychic-type (woah)
Quirky nature
Met in Ecruteak City
Caught in a Moon Ball
Scatters things often

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, Psychic! Glad to see you here. What a fine avatar you have there... What figure is that a picture of, I want it so bad. :P

Hope you enjoy your stay on the forums!

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Hi there! I'm Jack, uA, or Cat, whichever you prefer~

Some of you will know me well enough by now via the Discord server. For those that don't: I've been writing fanfiction on and off for about fifteen years now, mostly in aim of writing the definitive good anthropomorphic pokémon fic. I'm well-accustomed to fanfic forum culture going back a while now, (old hand and moderator in Bulbagarden's Writers' Workshop) and I'm excited to see some fresh air in the realm of pokémon fan communities.

I'm the cat to speak to about maps, history, worldbuilding, conlangs, that kind of stuff. I'm a passable speaker of Esperanto, I'm very into tabletop RPGs, and one day I'm gonna live on Mars. As a person, I reckon I'm curious, kind, and brave, at least when I'm at my best, but usually I just feel tired! My Magic colours are blue, white and red, and my D&D class would be paladin. You can recognise my posts by the well-articulated textwalls and prolific swearing. :wink:

My main fanfic project is Different Eyes, an angsty serial longfic about pokémon-human hybrids and the consequences of their existence. I also sometimes write other stuff, like Dispatch Deferred, a PMD oneshot about a same-century delivery that's been a little delayed. I have an original novel and some short fiction in the works too, mostly sci-fi/drama stuff.

Pleasure to meet you! 😸

Negrek
Type: Psychic/Steel
Impish nature.
Apparently met in Fortree City.
Strongly defiant.
Likes sweet food.
Hey, I like this. Let's have a go.

Jack
Type: Psychic/Steel
Lonely nature.
Apparently met in Circhester.
Highly curious.
Likes spicy food.

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Great to see you on the forums! I'm excited to read Different Eyes now that the remastered version is out, and I hope the writing roll you've been on keeps up! Enjoy your time here, and welcome once again.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Hi hi hi! I'm Blu ^^

I really enjoy stories with meta elements and tasty character development, and I also enjoy being a hypeman for Nosepass, hahaha! Generally my medium of choice is digital artwork, but I have a big interest in web design and writing interesting Pokemon content. I've always enjoyed reading Pokemon fics, but I'm not sure if I've made many attempts at writing my own pokefics before now. I hope to bring my own unique spin on things to the stories I create!

My current finished work is something referred to as "pcb0000". For now, I'm just hoping to chat with people and make new friends and see where inspiration strikes me next. ^^ (Once I got the idea for pcb0000, I couldn't sleep until I started making it...!)

Blu wdje cone, the not-an-alien Pokémon
Type: Rock/Steel
Timid nature.
Apparently met in space Planet Earth.
Alert to sounds.
Likes sweet food.

abbean

so this is how it is to feel alive.
Pronouns
they/them
hey howdy hey~ i'm abbie, sometimes known as ab/abs, and i identify as a legume. uhhhh, my history with pokemon is a little weird? i'm part of the generation where the indigo league anime was airing when i was a kid, but at the risk of blaspheming the forum's good name, i was way more into yugioh :') i only remember playing one game, i think fire red, and my most vivid memory of it was my older brother snatching my gameboy sp i had to google to make sure that was what it was called #rip in a restaurant right after i'd picked my starter and forcibly naming my squirtle "fart." i also had a friend in like second grade who i'd design fakemon with (not that we knew that fakemon were a whole thing, ofc).

growing up, my dad wasn't one of those "pokemon is the devil" types (it's worth noting here that i lived in georgia for the first 18 years of my life), but he eventually lowkey became one, i think. it never really came out because by that time i'd "outgrown" pokemon (or so i thought), but there was a long period from like,, 10 to 18 where i just had nothing to do with it. then i graduated high school and moved the fuck out in 2016, ended up going to massachusetts to live with a now ex-girlfriend, and around that time the sun/moon games were released. honestly, i bought moon out of pure defiance. like, "FUCK IT, my dad wouldn't let me play pokemon once i hit my teens, but i can do what i WANT now!!" (that line of thinking permeated a lot of my decision-making back then >.>) the last gen i'd had even the slightest bit of familiarity with was sinnoh, so it sure was something jumping right into gen 7. after many false starts, neglecting the game and then restarting, etc., i eventually beat the game! and then i restarted again and beat it again, and that's the save file i'm currently completing the pokedex on - the first-ever pokemon game i've beaten, and what will (hopefully) be my first ever completed 'dex!

much more than the actual gameplay, though, i fell in love with the story and characters, especially lillie (daughter, forever girl, baby ur my angellllllll) and nanu. once i got to the postgame, i was gone. that entire arc is just Top Tier and looker has cemented himself as a forever fave. also, looker/nanu 👌 eager for more looker content, i watched a playthrough of the x/y postgame, where i met another perfect angel: emma! she and looker are my current hyperfixations, both separately and as a ship, because, like - why wouldn't i ship them. it's not like looker/nanu wasn't rare enough. :T (across all fandoms, i consistently fall in love with the most obscure characters and/or ships.)

and, yeah, i found a link for the discord server on tumblr, since i really wanted a nonjudgmental space to talk about shit, and now i'm here! this got super long and wordy, oops. i've yet to actually finish a pokemon fanfic, but i tend to favor oneshots over longer things, and i'm one of those assholes with the all-lowercase titles. i also like typing in all-lowercase, as you can see. i like to think i'm really nice and friendly, i'm Hella queer, i live in the midwest, and i really like cartoons! no ocs, we imprint on minor canon characters like men. im bad at endings so bye now

type: normal/fairy
quirky nature.
apparently met in the void.
very dramatic.
likes sweet food.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Glad to see you on the forums! It's awesome that Gen VII's story and characters brought you back to the fandom; SuMo are definitely some of the best games for story, imo, so I'm glad those are the ones you ended up playing. Looker's great, and Looker/Nanu seems like it would be a fun dynamic, too. I'm kind of surprised it's not a very popular pairing! Hope we'll get to see one of your one-shots someday! Anyhow, it's great to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hello, people! I was introduced to this place after hearing about it from some people on the PMD: WU discord.

Because of my propensity to use the Little Ghost from Hollow Knight for most of my profile pics, and because they look so much like a shiny Phantump, I’ve ended up naming myself Shiny Phantump.

Those of you who recognize me from discord may already know, but I have a fic brewing in the works. I’m not ready to start posting yet, but I’ll poke around here in the meantime.

I’ve also done about 30 little writing prompt responses on the Mystery Dungeon subreddit, about 1000 words each. That’s the only actual published work I have.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome! Glad to have you here. I imagine you recognize quite a few faces around here if you're coming from the PMD discord. :)

Prompt responses totally count as writing, and feel free to share them if you like! But one way or another, I look forward to hearing more about the story you have in the works, and hopefully reading it someday. Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Hiya. I'm Ambyssin or Amby for short. I, uh, wrote a very long PMD fic that wrapped up last year and am now moving onto a new fic that I'll... probably post here in the next couple of days or so. We'll see.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, good to see you! Glad to hear you've been keeping up with your writing--look forward to checking out your new story! Welcome to Thousand Roads, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Top Bottom