• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Looks like I missed this! Hello! I hope you're able to find your motivation and get back into story writing, since it sounds like you've had a lot of fun with it in the past. One-shots can definitely be a good way to get back into the swing of things! But whether you find your way back to fanfic or not, you're certainly welcome to hang out and chat. Glad to have you, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

Captainnemo

just a small ant on a highway
Pronouns
her/hers
Hi there!! :D I´m Nemo and I´m a huge pokemon fan since i was 4 or 5 years old.

I always loved reading fanfiction (mostly Harry Potter and Pokemon) and I recently tried to write some as well. I wrote some short one shots in my native language. Not sure if I can post them here ´cause my translation skills are not that great.😓

About me:

I´m a ski instructor and I love free ride skiing and hiking. I speak German and Italian. My favorite Pokemon game is Emerald, mostly of nostalgic reasons.

My stats:

Nemo
Type: Fairy Fire
Timid nature
Often lost in thoughts

Well that´s all for now. I am very excited to be a part of this community!!:tongue:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hi, welcome! Ski instructor sounds like an awesome job, especially if you're out in Germany or Italy--some really great mountains. I'm also a big Emerald fan, personally; lots of Hoenn people here, you'll fit right in! Glad to have you, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome! Glad to have you. We do indeed have a number of people from Bulbagarden here, so hopefully you’ll feel at home. Looking forward to seeing some of your writing, if you’ve been doing more recently. Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads.

TheCouchEffect

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
Hello everyone! I'm TheCouchEffect here and on AO3, though on FF.net I go by the name werewolf36... which is a remnant of the dark days of my edgy teenager phase.

I've been a fan of Pokemon practically my whole life. It was my introduction to the concept of fanfiction - those old Betrayal Fanfictions in particular. I have tried writing fanfics in the past, but they were... well they were not the best. I've not written any fanfiction for a while, but recently I decided to get back into the hobby after an idea for a story wouldn't leave my head.

I'm currently in college on summer break. I'm always willing to chat with others or read their stories. My favorite game in the series is either Pokemon Black or Soul Silver. I'm learning French. Other than that, there's not much else to tell. I am excited to be here!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome! Glad to hear you're getting back into fanfic. It's always nice to find your way back to something that you used to enjoy. Pokémon Black and SoulSilver are both excellent choices; I love the DS-era games, too!

Hope you've been enjoying your summer break so far and that your writing's going well. Welcome again!

Sonic Ramon

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Greetings! I am currently new to this website and looking forward to how things work here and such. Here's a couple of things to know about me:
- I've been writing stories for as long as I can remember. Somewhere around the age 10 or so? There's some stories in the past I wasn't too fond of writing because of the many spelling and writing mistakes. With my recent one, I've been more happy with my writing skills there than in the past. Although, I am always willing to find ways on improving my written works. Both story and writing wise!
- I am an roleplayer. For both the sfw side and nsfw side of things...though I've been doing less of the former lately. Take that info as you will. 😅
- I am in a ton of discord servers, and some of them are PMD based. Those that are reading this thread of mine may be familiar with me, but it's alright if some of you aren't. Oh and I have my own discord server too, so I guess feel free to ask me via PMs if you want to join it.
- My favorite Pokemon are the Zorua line in general. Love how Zorua compliments the cuteness side of Pokemon designs while Zoroark compliments the coolness side of it. Just the exact balance that compliments each other that satisfies me so much. (With that said, bizarre Pokemon designs are also my cup of tea, too. #Mr.MimeStanAlways)
- I'm a proud popcorn enthusiast.
- I'm bi and demi, and cismale that go by the he/him/his pronouns.
- I will poke fun at my mistakes whenever I get the chance to because self-deprecation is funny, sometimes.
- Um...fruit juices are the way of to go. Get rekt, Coffee and Tea Gang.
(EDITED) - Also forgot to mention that I'm a huge PMD nerd, as me joining PMD servers wasn't proof enough. Which is funny considering the fic I'm about to upload isn't even PMD, but mainline Pokemon related. But I digress. XD

I'll be uploading my current fanfic to this site very soon! Hope you all enjoy it in advance. n_n
(Edit: Ignore this part of my introduction. My fic is already up, as you can tell with the banner beneath this post! Hope you all enjoy it, whenever you get the chance to read it!)

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! You're in good company here if you enjoy PMD, of course, but it's cool that you've written a trainerverse story as well! Lots of zoroark fans around here too! Very interesting pokémon, to be sure, with a lot of story potential. All in all I think you'll fit in just fine here, and I hope you enjoy your stay! Welcome again, and I hope your writing goes well.

myuma

I still think about y%#'()_*{\\"'&36)%("'$&''&(15y
Pronouns
she/her
Hi everyone. Reintroducing myself because it's my intent to get back into writing again. You might have seen me as The Curd Nerd on the TR discord over the past few weeks!

I tend to jump between projects a lot, but my current one (non-fanfiction) is about a tiny secret society of people who can predict the future and use that ability "for the greater good" because they feel it's their duty... except they might not be as good and helpful as they think they are.

I hope to share it with you all soon. In the meantime, I look forward to hanging out with you all and reading your stories!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome back! I wouldn't have guessed The Curd Nerd was you, heh. Your story idea sounds really interesting! Best of luck with it, and I hope you'll be able to share it soon, too.

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
Saying hi, I'm new to the forums but probably some of you already know me from somewhere else where, likely, it's because I talk worldbuilding. My name is Venia Silente, I am a Latin American working on CS-related stuff, and I've been in the Pokémon fandom since about 2010, you can find me also in AO3 and in Fandom.ink under this name and in r/fanfiction under the abbreviated form "venia_sil". I do work in other fandoms as well, such as Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter, but the vast majority of my work is on Pokémon.

I'm a writer, but I'd say more of a worldbuilder. Started working on Pokémon fanfiction in 2010 and am / have been around in a number of projects, such as TvTropes' "Pokédex Extended Fanon Edition" project, TvTropes' "We Are All Pokémon Trainers" roleplay, PokéCommunity's writing forums, and more recently Project Platinum 2 as an assistant storywriter and 'dexwriter.

Most if not all of my Pokémon-related work is currently under the banner of "the Suocéverse" which is the shared universe that I use or rather a shared multiverse, since I also include PMD stuff in there.

As of this post I'm working mostly on worldbuilding for fanon regions, and outlining to continue some ongoing works that have been left in stasis for a bit too long, but it's all coming along.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Long time, no see! Glad you've been doing well, and it's nice to see you around again. There are plenty of avid worldbuilders around here, although unfortunately you've just missed Worldbuilding June. I'm sure you'd still be able to find people interested in talking fan-regions or other worldbuilding, though!

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay on Thousand Roads!

LtMagnum

Youngster
Pronouns
he/him/his
Hi. My user named is loosely based off a childhood nickname of mine. I am 23 years old. Fairly new to the Pokefiction and creative writing scene (business is my trade). PMD Spiritual Lights and PMDRPG got me into the idea of writing my own fanfiction. The first Pokemon game I played was PMD Blue Rescue Team and I have played PMD2. I also enjoy the mainline games too (played Diamond and Sword). Besides Pokemon, I enjoy listening to music and playing MTG.

I am here to read and make fanfictions here. I have just begun writing PMD Blessed Protectors which focuses on a human reincarnated as a Froakie named Ace after giving away his life in the human world to save Kalos from the Ultimate Weapon who befriends an Alolan Vulpix named Poli'ahu. It focuses on Ace trying to find and serve his purpose in this new world to fight a threat that could lay ruin to the entire Pokemon world (unlike many PMD fanfictions, the main protagonist does not have severe amnesia). This series will be told mostly in Ace's point of view and PMD1-4 will be canon in this fanfiction. This fanfiction will also contain a large cast and feature several other human characters.

If I was a Pokemon
Type: Fairy/Dark
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Takes Lots of Naps
Met in Wild Area.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! Definitely sounds like you've got a fun premise for a fanfic, there; I've seen the reincarnation angle here and there, but tying it into the Ultimate Weapon storyline is a new one on me. Hope you've enjoyed writing it so far.

Always happy to see another MtG fan, too! Hope you enjoy your time here, and welcome again.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
hi i'm firehart a rookie write trying to get better so i'm here looking for advice on my pokemon fanfic called Pokémon Christopher's & Jenny's Journey of Kanto it's on wattpad webnovel fanfiction and this site
Welcome to the forums! It's always nice to see someone who's new to the fanfic scene and itching to improve. I hope you enjoy your stay here, and good luck with your writing!

Heya! The name's HowlingAtTheCrescentMoon. I'm also IridescentPheasant on Discord. I figured I should expand here since I have a Pokémon fic out there on FFN and Ao3.

Some facts about me:
- I'm twenty-two years old.
- The first main series game I owned was Pokémon Ruby. The first spin-off title I played was Pokémon Dash.
- Red/Blue Rescue Team, and sort of by extension Rescue Team DX, are my favorite games in the PMD series. Explorers of Sky is great and I love what happens later on in its main story, but it doesn't give you the option to run around as whoever you please in the overworld during the post-game, or at least be able to walk alone for an extended time in the overworld. Probably a bit weird for those who grow attached to their partners, I know, but I liked being able to do that.
- ...On that note, please note I tend to ramble.
- My favorite 'mon is Blaziken, who was my first 'mon in Ruby.

I'm currently writing a fanfic called Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Of Virtue and Corruption, which I'll be cross-posting from FFN/Ao3 in a bit. Fun fact: it was originally titled Agathokakological after a theme I want to include in my fic and the main character's name Agatha, but... "Agathokakological" seems to be a confusing word for some. Of Virtue and Corruption, it is then!
Welcome! It's great to see a new writer around. Kind of interesting, I think you're the first person I've seen who says Red/Blue Rescue Team is their favorite out of the PMD series. We've got a lot of PMD fans around here, though, so I imagine you'll fit right in. Your story sounds fun, and I hope you've had a good time writing it so far. Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

slamdunkrai

bing.com
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. darkrai
  2. snom
oh whoops I forgot to do this earlier

hello!! some people call me Jeff; feel free to use that for me. I use this pen name for AO3 and FFN, though I have nothing up on the latter because I can't be bothered until I've got a big backlog to post on there and also I'm scared of it (even though I grew up on there, lmao). currently working on a very loose Platinum rewrite that I might post on here soon, provided I write more of it! :V I've got a big soft spot for gens 3-5, which is probably linked to the fact I grew up on them, but I'll honestly read most things and leave my thoughts on 'em. one of my favourite things to do is yell at people about how much I enjoyed their stories

happy to be here!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you with us. Platinum rewrite sounds like just the thing with BDSP and Legends: Arceus coming out soon. Hope you're able to write more of it; feel free to ask for help or encouragement here or on the Discord if you're feeling stuck! May you find many fics to enjoy and yell about. :)

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your stay on Thousand Roads!

kibigo

Delinquent
Pronouns
she/her
hoy, i’ve been hanging out on the discord for the past few days so i figured i’d also introduce myself here!

my Trainer Name is Leaf but you can also just call me kibi; i’m a Delinquent in that i specialize in Dark‐type pokémon, but i’m actually a big softie on the inside. Obstagoon is my boyf (editor’s note: i’m a lesbian).

my genre specialty is Romance and my interests are in Gender, Religion, and Folklore, which are things i have studied academically before. i tend to write somewhat artsy, somewhat challenging fics and like picking apart the history and culture behind why people do the things they do. i used to write a lot of Zelda fanfiction!! but lately it’s been mostly pokémon. i’m a big fan of trainer/journey fics, especially ones with a strong sense of environment/place.

the above topics can easily veer into not‐for‐kids territory, which is why i mostly post on A·O·3. but i’m interested in posting some of my more accessible works here (especially oneshots and the like)! feel free to hit me up, here or on Discord, if you want my thoughts on anything :) .

Top Bottom