• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Welcome back? Pleasent second naming?

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Hello!

My name is Pano. You may have seen me popping into the Discord under this same name, or floating around AO3 or FFN under the penname Wolflyn. I am an on-again, off-again fanfiction writer who has landed smack-dab into Pokemon on my return to writing after a break of almost eleven years. Hoenn is my favorite region, and I live and breathe writing for its NPC characters, specifically the League's top trainers: the E4 and Champion characters.

My writing style is about as consistent as my art style, so things are kind of all over the place. Drabble? Long-fic? Short-story? Lite novel length? We have all that. Third person? First person? Past tense? Present? We have all those, too. I can't even promise I'll stick to one region. At the end of the day, though Hoenn is where my heart is. I have a small library of complete fics that I am working on posting to TR, and enjoy the discussion that comes from writer-reader interactions.

I tend to be a bit on the shy side, mostly lurking in a cave, only coming out to read, review, write, or draw from time to time. Steel types are my favorite, which may or may not be obvious at first glance... No, Steven Stone is not the reason for that. It is a happy coincidence though. I like to think we became best friends over a mutual love for the Aggron line.

Always happy to chat or discuss things related to poke-lore, game story expansion, and human-pokemon interactions. There's so much potential for worldbuilding in the Pokemon fandom, and it's a treat to learn and expand on all the different takes.

Nice to meet everyone! AgGrOn.png

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Great to see you on the forums! I love aggron, and I love Hoenn... and I love that aggron devamp sprite! Did you make that yourself?

Sounds like you've got a lot of fun projects. I hope I get the chance to check some of them out soon! I'm glad that you ended up making Pokémon where you landed after getting back into writing, and that you decided to join us here. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
I love that aggron devamp sprite! Did you make that yourself?
Ah, no, it's not mine. From the user SharkGuy01 on reddit. Here's the full sprite sheet they did for Gen 3. I snagged a few of them and cut them out for Discord emojis for personal use.

And thank you! I don't see myself leaving the fandom any time soon. It's the only one I really write for. Glad to be here and part of such an active and welcoming community.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, Neco! Great to see you over here, too. We've got a lot of villainous-team fans here, so hopefully you'll be able to find something you'll enjoy reading. And people interested in your fics as well! I know what you mean about your fics becoming super long... fortunately I enjoy reading really long stories, too.

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time on Thousand Roads!

Ghostdragon1660

Youngster
Pronouns
Her/hers
Hey y’all!
Name’s ghostdragon but y’all can call me Ghost. I am an avid fic reader and brand new fic writier who decided to branch out into the forums to learn from the masters. I can read pretty fast but I usually write pretty slow unless the glorious fits of inspiration from the heavens deems me fit for the day. Insert shameless fic plug here. I am new to writing and I guess I don’t have a type yet but I am a sucker for classic journey long fics with a touch of realism or even angst reading wise. If I had a Pokémon type I would love to be ghost/dragon but would probably be psychic/water. Cya!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome! Glad you decided to join us. I love long journeyfics with a bit of angst, so I hope you're writing what you enjoy reading! Fine taste in pokémon types, too. Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Pronouns
she/her
Hi all! :D I'm EnsembleofWolves (Sandstone-Shadow around on the tcod community). I like Pokemon and stories and know some of you already so I figured I would register. Not sure how active I'll be since I'm not super active in a lot of online communities these days, but maybe I'll lurk here from time to time!

I used to write fanfiction but lately have been working on a long-running original fantasy story - maybe I'll dabble more in fanfic in the future!

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
I have, due to the whims of unbeknownst monstrosities, violently birthed myself upon your forums. Look, ye mortals, and despair. For it has come. That which sews shitposts and reaps Haha reacts.

The Homestar

It
lives in a damp, cold nook of the California Redwoods, silently clacking away on a mechanical keyboard. The keys and trapped rice - a grim reminder from The Time It Spilled The Coffee - rattle about in its haste. Whence did it emerge? Wheremst shall it go? Whymst did it come?

To post a
J o u r n e y
F i c

Idk I just thought it was time to make a profile and post The Loser up here I want people to read my stuff 👉👈

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Good to see you here! You definitely win "Most Creative Presentation of an Intro Post." And glad you're posting your fic. I'm always up for journeyfic... just need the time to read more of it! Hopefully pretty soon. Welcome to the forum side of the community. I hope you enjoy your time here!

Yap#2

Youngster
Hi. Im Yap#2. I hate writing, and i can only bare to do it when its 100 words or less. I dont know why i suddenly hate it, but i do now. Despise it, i still want to share my stories, even if it is in a erm... tl:dr style

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, 100 words isn't nothing! Though I hope that you start to feel better about writing--it's no fun to find yourself hating one of your hobbies. If you'd like any advice or help with that, feel free to ask around. In any case, we're glad to have you. Welcome to Thousand Roads, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Oculus049

Waiting for something to happen...?
Heya, I'm Oculus. I'm a PMD fan fic writer. My story is PMD: Dual Realities. It's currently up on Ao3, but am planning on migrating it over here soon once I'm done writing my next chapter. I made my account about 2 weeks ago in preparation for that, but realized that I haven't done anything else here yet lol. So here I am. Saying Hi. XD

Interested in seeing what else y'all got going on here. Seems like a lively community.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! I saw you talking about your fic on the Discord server--sounds like a really cool premise! I look forward to reading it once you post. I guess you've been hanging out for a while already, but feel free to check out some of the discussion forums if you'd like to talk writing or play some games or similar while you're working on your chapter. One way or another, I hope you enjoy your time here on the forums!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll share your story if you do decide to write one. But either way, you're welcome to hang out around here. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Skyfire

Youngster
Pronouns
he/they
Hey! I’m Sky, a longtime Pokemon fan who recently started writing fanfic! I prefer original characters for both reading and writing, with a focus on day-to-day life with Pokemon in my own writing (also lesbians, because I’m nothing if not predictable) and a general ‘everything goes’ approach to reading. Outside of Pokemon, I’ve got a love for long, boring movies and history of all kinds, so if you want to talk about weird old stuff, feel free to message me!

I am also, as you might be able to tell from my profile picture, a very talented artist.

Type: Bug/Electric
Mild nature.
Likes to relax.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! We've got plenty of OC fans here, so I think you'll find yourself in good company. Love your avatar! A very talented artist indeed. ;) Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your stay on Thousand Roads!

Top Bottom