• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Intro Thread

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hi, I'm earls!

Writing has always been a small passion and hobby of mine, but I've only recently gotten really interested in doing something with it. Usually I'm working on stuff with original characters and stories I came up with, but I've always been intrigued by fanfiction and I've recently started getting into Pokémon, so when a friend redirected me here, I just kinda thought "Why not?" Might be a while before I have any real concrete ideas and stories to put here, but I'm still excited to be here! This seems like a good environment for someone who's starting, so I'll stick around and come up with stuff!

My favorite pokemon has always been Beedrill, mainly cause I'm just a big fan of bug types. I like talking about music, writing, and just anything fun or interesting. That's all I have to say for now, so I'll just leave this here haha
Welcome! Big fan of beedrill over here. Sounds like you have good taste! I hope you have fun venturing into the world of pokémon fanfic. Feel free to hang out in the discussion threads or ask any questions you have as you go along. We're happy to help! One way or another, though, I hope you have fun writing. Welcome again to the forums!

Hi there, BossCar here.

Prior to last October, my last Pokémon fic attempt was two years ago. The one from October is still going, because I actually got it to work to my liking.
Glad to have you here! Looks like you've been settling in pretty well. Glad your latest fic has been going well, and I look forward to checking it out!

Hiina-chan

Pokémon idol
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Konnichiwa! You can call me Hiina-chan.
I'm a total noob at writing and I'm currently working on my first ever Pokémon fanfiction. I wanted to make a different kind of fic, so I started writing about an idol that gets fired from her company and has to train with Wataru to become his successor even though she's afraid of battling. The MC is kinda based on me and my "irl character arc".

My main passion in life is being a net idol (in training). If you don't know what it is, it's kinda like being a typical, Japanese pop star but online. My main focus is dance and I'm planning to do the typical kawaii songs and outfits as that's what I really enjoy. My biggest dream is to become an actual Jpop Idol in Japan. Preferably the center of my fave group AKB48 or something like that. I'm even studying Japanese in order to be able to live and work in Japan.

Other than that, I absolutely LOVE anime and East Asian culture/history. I have an especially big interest in the female warriors of ancient East Asia.

Of course, I'm a huge fan of Pokémon. Honestly, it's become an addiction at this point. I collect Pokémon cards, watch the anime, play the games, role play, etc. Pokémon leagues and grand festivals are like the Super bowl or something to me xD. I legit cheer like crazy watching those battles, especially the Satoshi VS Kukui one with Tapu Koko. Fave characters are Iris and Shirona. I'm a big negaishipping fan.

As for my stats

Type: fairy/fighting

Ability: competitive

Adamant nature

Apparently met in Celestic town

Likes to fight

Likes spicy food

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! Love a fresh idea for a pokémon fic--I don't think I've seen anyone work with idol culture in the pokémon world before, but it feels like it would really fit, and make a fun backstory for a pokémon trainer. I'm also intrigued by your interest in female East Asian warriors. Do you have any favorites? That's something I know almost nothing about!

All in all, you seem pretty cool, and I hope you enjoy your time here! Hope we get to learn more about your fic in time.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
Hello there! My name is DragonD, its a silly nickname my little brother gave me years ago, and I use it everywhere for sentimental reasons.

I have tried writing a bit in the past, but this is my first time going into fanfiction with my own stories. Both of my fics currently take place in different universes, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will never meet each other.

I like to talk, a lot. If you ever start a conversation with me be aware you may not be able to make me shut up ever again ha.

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Welcome to the forums! Cute story behind your username. Thanks for sharing it! I'm hoping to be able to check your stories out soon, but you might also consider joining the Catnip Circle event that HelloYellow17 is running this weekend; you review another person's story and get a review in return! It's a great way to start meeting other people in the community.

One way or another, though, I hope you enjoy your time at Thousand Roads. Glad to have you here!

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the 'nip circle even, it's quite a bit of fun.

Rueful Raven

Youngster
Pronouns
she/her
Hi everyone! I'm a lifelong Pokemon fan who just recently got into writing. I don't really have a fun story behind my username, I just really like ravens. Especially Corvisquire. Corvisquire is best boi.

If I were a Pokemon?
Raven
Type: Steel/Fairy
Ability: Oblivious
Serious nature.
Apparently met in Circhester.
Often lost in thought.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, welcome! No need for a fun story to go with your name; it's plenty cool all on its own! Great to see some love for the corvi-line. Definitely top faves of mine from Galar. Hope you enjoy your time here at Thousand Roads!

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Hi everyone! I'm a lifelong Pokemon fan who just recently got into writing. I don't really have a fun story behind my username, I just really like ravens. Especially Corvisquire. Corvisquire is best boi.

If I were a Pokemon?
Raven
Type: Steel/Fairy
Ability: Oblivious
Serious nature.
Apparently met in Circhester.
Often lost in thought.

An offering, from one crow/raven fan to another?

Crows playing in snow

Raven playing in snow

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Hi, I'm Luxray, longtime Pokemon fan and amateur writer who mostly just writes short stories for an ever-expanding PMD uni/multiverse. The Luxray comes from my favourite Pokemon and central character, while the 1000 was just tacked on a while ago to get around 'that-name-was-taken' limits and I've just kept it on almost everything since, Discord excluded.

Shamekeeper12

All glory be to Christ
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Hi there!
You can call me Keep (or Shame, it don't matter lol), and I've been meaning to set up shop in this place for quite some time now. I've been writing fanfiction for the PMD franchise since 2013, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. I plan on publishing the latest chapter of my story here in a week or so. I look forward to taking part in your guys' community!

DesertOdyssey

Fabulous Fairy
Pronouns
He/Him
Greetings, I'm DesertOdyssey, Odyssey or Desert, whichever you prefer!

I'm a Pokémon enthusiast that has been trying to write Mystery Dungeon fanfiction since 2020! I used to post only on FFN, but I've been trying to expand my horizions as of late. I think I'll post the fic I write by this weekend, even if I am still a bit unsure how to properly do things around here, hah!

Well, nothing else to say other than I tend to be rather slow on updates due to law school, but I still try my best! In any case, I can already say I'm thrilled to be a member of this community!

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hey, welcome! Another law student, huh? Seems like we've got quite a few hanging around these parts... Totally understand a slow update schedule, then! Look forward to seeing your fic, and let me know if you need any help getting it posted; it can definitely take some time to get used to the forum software!

Welcome again, and I hope you have a great time here at Thousand Roads!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
Hi I'm Blackjack and I've been kicking around the Pokémon fandom since basically it first came out in English. Been writing fics for longer than some of you have been alive and my longest running one, Obsession, turns 20 this year and it's nowhere near finished. I'm 40, live in Oregon, work at an art museum (got the job to do research for my story no less!), and I have two lovely little parrots.

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Y'all already know me, but I'm saying hi again because I did a dramatic name change. I picked Old School Johto as my name for myself when I only had a Johto journey fic going ... and now I have a lot of other projects that are not very old school or Johto. But they are very boot. You can keep calling me OSJ if you want, but I will now also answer to variations on WildBoots. o7

Top Bottom