• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] Grand Opening Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"I am no godfather. Just a god. I work for order and this Mafia is causing chaos."

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Repeat quietly shifted into a vaguely Lachlan-esque form and gently carried Mel off out of the way. "She needs a little rest," he said when he came back, once again wearing his own face. "You know how it goes. Overexcitability, raging at the heavens, et cetera, et cetera. I think she'll be fine once we can put all this behind us. It's not the first awful position we've been in. Anyway, all I wanted to say is that Starr's conclusions largely match my own, though I think Hecto may be a bit more suspicious than she's saying. Even though..."

He shook his head, which, on a Ditto, was unnervingly jiggly. "I still agree with Chief's reads from earlier nights. Dave is still who I'm voting for.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
((Alright, I'm saying it now. We're probably going to mislynch, and I hate it, but this is a huge amount of info to sort through, and there's no way we're all coming to a consensus on it. We need to make plans for the night if we want to be in a better spot tomorrow. Since Cabot has bulletproof, any protectors can focus on the others. I'm going to try to watch the person I think is most likely to be targeted, and that way, even if a swap happens, I'd still see where the kill lands. Or we could try to coordinate the swaps/heals so the kill lands on someone safe? We have somewhere in the ballpark of 2-3 IMMUNITIES tonight, out of six people left, we need to use them. I can watch the person who's not protected. Hecto can investigate. We can do this.))

"GODDAMN IT THIS IS TOO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT. I HATE THIS. EVERY TIME I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING, IT'S WRONG. SCREW IT!! I'M VOTING FOR DAVE AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Hecto nodded. “I agree with Starr’s assessment—including the idea that I have been a tad suspicious. I cannot deny that, in hindsight, I have changed my tune quite suddenly, and perhaps overstepped by outright casting the first vote. I apologize. It was very unprofessional of my kind to so quickly move.”

((We were just waiting for so long to find something. Do you know how unnerving it is to get four innocent reads in a row, AND not know you’re naive or not because the one false innocent could’ve been perfectly converted? It’s awful.))

“We can do more than mislynch today. First: I vote for Dave as well, under the same reasoning as Starr. He is both susppcious and with the least potential utility, should we be wrong. Fifty-fifty chances when arranging for what to do tonight... I would rather avoid.”

((How many votes is that for Dave? About half? Sorry, Dave... if you’re innocent, we’ll avenge you.

Let’s arrange the six of us remaining to try to weed out who is lying and perhaps even catch the mafia in the act. We have Cabot’s bulletproof, two healers, a swapper, and Starr and I. One of us is lying. I’m going to investigate someone that I’m just not sure about tonight, but if you want me to say who, we can do that. Mel could potentially swap Cabot with someone; that way, we have a chance that Cabot will eat the hit, or, if Mel swaps with someone suspicious, if the mafia tries to hit Cabot in anticipation of Mel’s swap, they might wind up hitting... er... themselves? Is that possible?

No really, can Mel potentially make a mafia hit themselves?

Anyway, that aside, the two healers probably shouldn’t go for the same person. Wasted effort, even if it doesn’t seem to kill when they cross streams. One of you should announce who you will protect, and the other should keep quiet, but make sure they don’t protect the same person. And obviously, don’t protect Cabot; he’ll be fine.

Starr’s gonna do her thing.

Cabot, uhh... sit pretty. Shine your head or something. I think the stress is dulling it. Maybe I can find some of Owen’s scale polish.))

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Planning sounds good. This is what I've come up with off the top of my head:

Healers: Don't protect Cabot. One of you should consider announcing your protect, and the other stay quiet to avoid overlap.
Mel: Don't announce your swap, as we don't want the mafia knowing about it and going around it. Either use the swap to try to bounce the kill onto Cabot's bulletproof or do the opposite and try to bounce it from Cabot onto someone suspicious. Make the mafia sweat trying to guess which.
Hecto: I think announcing your investigation would be good. What's the mafia gonna do... avoid it? They're either godfather or they're not, it's not a switch.
Starr: For obvious reasons, I can't announce my watch because I'm trying to have my watch land on the same person that gets targeted for the kill. Or at the very least, trying to catch a protection in action so I can verify a healer.
Cabot: Like Hecto said, sit tight. You're the only one we know for a fact is making it to tomorrow.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Hecto looked to the sky. Seeing no response, he gave a nod to Starr. “I shall be investigating Lachlan tonight. If Mel swaps Lachlan with Cabot, then my readings will investigate him instead. It will be a win-win either way. If you have a better suggestion, I will take it.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave sighed as, yet again, accusations started to fly in his direction.

"Look," he said, "all I can tell you is this is the fucking power that I got. I didn't pick it. Ask the fucking guardians why I'm stuck with this."

He folded his arms as a consensus started to form, that even if he wasn't the mafia he was the rational vote. For a while he sat there, restlessly, looking around, fidgeting. Then, abruptly, he sprung to his feet, gritting his teeth.

"Fuck this. Look, can't you fucking see I'm trying to get us all out of here."

((Um, Dave, what are you--))

"Fuck you!" he snarled at the formless sky before looking back at the gathered creatures. "Yeah, I'm your fucking 'mafia'. There's no way out of this place except if I disappear you. You think you'll just jail the mafia and they'll let you go back and move on with your fucking life? Fat fucking chance. Do these motherfuckers"--he waved his hand at the air in agitation--"sound like they want the fucking best for you? Well, if they do, remember the bit where they fucking kidnapped you into a hell-dimension for their own amusement? Don't trust their fucking guardian angel shit."

((Dave--))

"I'm not fucking done, you sadistic fuckhead. Look, if you want to play along out of some fucking Stockholm syndrome or whatever the fuck, you can jail me. I don't fucking care. But if you want to get out of here, vote for fucking Hecto or somebody and maybe I can get some more of us out."

He stood there, breathing hard, looking up at the sky as if waiting for something.

((Well. I guess at least you get to go out with a bang. I wouldn't have it any other way.))

"I don't know why you let me finish talking," Dave growled, "but you're going to fucking regret it."

((I mean, I could've stopped you, but honestly I've kind of been wanting you to do this all game.))

Dave flailed very angrily at nothing. "Fuck you!" he snarled again, his voice shaking. "Fucking gods. I'm going to--"

And then, abruptly, he choked on his own voice. Abruptly, he collapsed on the ground, clutching at his throat, struggling to speak, but all that came out were pathetic, strangled moans.

Dave reached a hateful hand up towards the sky, grasping as if to strangle something, but there was nothing there. He made more choked sounds as he tried to breathe.

((Come on, just stop. You don't have to do this.))

Dave used the last of his energy to raise his middle finger before his eyes rolled back in his head and he lost consciousness.

((Well, that sure very self-indulgently happened. And now I have to go! Thanks for a fun game, everyone! :D

...He'll be okay in a bit. Probably.))

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
"I'm fine with announcing who I protect. Any suggestions?"

((i have more to say but can't be bothered rping right now. i'm not really feeling a dave lynch, i don't really feel that he's done much to warrant my suspicion so far and overall he's kept discussion on track in a way i like. i don't feel that i'm "fixated" on loki, either; i know that i'm a healer, even if you guys don't. i honestly don't believe there are two, and i don't think they've been that cooperative– being needlessly secretive, only revealing details when pressed, in some cases waiting until i respond first presumably because they don't have a role pm to base their story off of– or that their story has been very persuasive in general. so yeah, they're looking pretty bad to me, i think they're the right choice for the lynch, and i'm going to stand on it. there are certainly a lot more reasons to be suspicious of them than dave, at least. not that it's super clear cut, and i about admit the investigative results are troubling, but if it was extremely obvious it'd be no fun anyway, hehe.

re: mia being convert, i have no idea lol. this is going a bit above my head here and i don't really have anything valuable to say about it, so i just didn't bother. genuinely no clue, both possibilities have their merits. that said, i don't feel that her behavior changed significantly between days. it just wasn't as big of a deal when no one was taking her lynch seriously, so she didn't react as strongly at first. as a consequence i'm not sure that detail really says much to her original innocence. barring that idk though, your guess is better than mine.))

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"...Well. Guess someone just showed their hand. I vote for Dave then."

Loki is just grinning.

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Repeat watched, open-mouthed, as Dave went off the rails. Then he blobbed off to where Mel was napping. "Chief is going to want to hear what just happened."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
There was a moment here where I suddenly feared that we were facing a Mafia roster of Walrein, MF, and Dragonfree and if you don’t find that idea bloody terrifying then I don’t know what to say.
......i need to lie down.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
((Did that just...))

Hecto glanced uneasily at the sky.

((Hey, don’t give me that look!))

“Show me how much power you have.”

((Uhh... can I say no?))

Hecto stared. The sky said nothing. But his gaze didn’t waver.

((Look, it’s not that simple. I can’t just MAKE you do certain things, alright? There’s etiquitte involved, and certain things have to happen to make sense, otherwise it all falls apart. Rules of rationality.))

“I see. Then you’re simply saying that you choose not to.” Hecto, thinking back to their past conversation, sighed. “Of course, you’ve expressed as much before. I understand. Perhaps there are... different approaches to being your kind.”

((Totally.))

Hecto nodded. “There is still one variable left.” He addressed the others. “No matter how small the likelihood seems, there may be a second assailant still among us. Keep our plans in mind just in case Dave is not all that remained.”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot blinked and stared blankly at Dave. Throughout most of his stay here he was convinced Dave was innocent, yet he turned out to be as crazy as Psyduck! Had he been like this the whole time? Did the Mafia brainwash him on the third night? Regardless of what had happened, it was obvious who to vote for now...

"I vote for Dave as well," Cabot sighed. "I mean, he did just confess to be one of the bad guys..."

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Mel scrambled into the room. "Look, uh, sorry for losing my mind there a little bit. I just want to double-check. Was... Was I right this whole time about Dave? I was right about him all along and I didn't even get to be there when he confessed?! Oh, come on!"

Top Bottom