• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] Grand Opening Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Hecto hesitated, watching Mel melt down. He looked up at the sky, but no voice came. Instead, he gave a gentle trot over to Mel, clearing his throat. “...The world is inherently full of unknowns, even to the gods. To be so immediately exposed to so many variables, some of which you simply cannot fathom the possibilities, even in something like this, is... frightening. We have nothing but our word and the words of others, and perhaps, in some ways, actions that we can deduce. Is that not how life in general operates?”

Hecto gently nudged Mel’s leg. “Let’s take a breath. We can at least try to sort everything we do know, may know, and don’t know. Will that help?”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave looked straight towards Mel, his left eye twitching. "Of course this whole fucking place is trying to kill us. This is all some sick fucking game orchestrated for these 'guardians' to jerk off to. Do you have a suggestion for what to do about it? Because I'm all fucking ears."

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"I've been trying to figure out the sick nature of this game myself."

They sigh.

"Fine, if it really makes me more "believable" I protected Karo the first night and Starr the second. Don't know what happened with Dave."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
((Okay, hold the phone. When there are two healers, in my experience it's balanced by a healer clash mechanic - if two people heal the same person, that person dies. If Loki and Lachlan are both telling the truth, then they both targeted Starr the night before last. And that's when Mel said she swapped Starr and Hecto, right? Do I have that right? So why's Hecto not dead? Somebody's lying here.))

Dave's eye twitched some more. "Yeah. Awesome. Fucking 'healer clash mechanic'. Love these guardian deities. Where do I sign up for the fucking congregation."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
((...You know, it just occurred to me—did only some people perform actions on night zero? As you recall, I listed four reads for Ess, Karo, Mia, and then Loki. Ess was the fully blind one on night zero. I can understand for the healers not doing anything, but what about the inspectors and redirectors?

Also wow you can overheal someone to death? Didn’t know that one.))

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot looked at Loki and Lachlan in confusion. “Wait, so is one of them a member of the Mafia after all…?”

((I’m… admittedly not sure myself. I certainly didn’t expect this twist, but I agree that it’s doubtful we have two doctors. Dave might have a point that Loki is neither with the Mafia or with the Innocents, but there’s no way to say that for sure. I don’t have enough information to form an opinion on that right now, so for the time being I’d rather keep focusing on the thing I do know something about.

Hecto, I can appreciate your desire to move things along, so very well. Though before I get to the next part of your statement, I would like to briefly reply to what your author said. He claims you “pressed” Cabot about why he voted for Mia, but neglects to mention that I literally just acknowledged that. I also stated that you did it right after Cabot explained in detail why he voted for Mia in detail, which is strange to say the least. Either you have the worst hearing in the world Hecto, or you’re trying to play some game here. Regardless, asking someone a question after already having heard the answer makes you look more suspicious if anything. I even said myself at the time I wouldn’t have time to post anything Mafia related that day, so using the time Cabot voted as an argument does not work here either, Noah.

Anyway, getting to the next part of your statement Hecto… you claim to be the detective, but on the first day you asked if anyone could “sense if another was involved with the assailants”. If you’re truly the detective, then why did you initially ask others if they could do the same thing you supposedly can?))

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
((Dave redirected from himself onto Starr on N0. I'm guessing only the healers didn't get to use an action? Would've been pointless for them anyway.))

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
((my role pm didn't specify that i couldn't use an action night zero, and negrek confirmed that the one i sent was received, at least. not sure if it was just ignored. but i don't see why it would've been.))

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
“Regardless of the justifications, it was still a bit jarring, Guardian of Cabot. That’s simply my only reasoning on the matter of Cabot’s timing. Do recall that I inspected Loki out of suspicion before I even considered you or Lachlan, the last of the two that I have so little information about. It isn’t as if I wanted to believe you were of the assailants. And, considering what is happening now... I’m beginning to wonder myself. For now, I retract my vote for you, Cabot, until we can sort out this healer matter. But please understand that should I survive another night, I will be returning with an analysis of either you or Lachlan.”

((Also, about the whole ‘why was I looking for a detective’ at the beginning of this whole thing. That was on purpose, both to throw off the fact that I was actually the cop, and also to bait a mafia member into claiming it. Makes it easy to decide who to inspect on the next day. Not that anyone took the bait this time...))

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
"No... no. You're right." Mel shook her head. "You're absolutely right. Let's sort through what I know. I know that we were brought here against our will, and I know that people are disappearing every day, no matter what we do. This guy," she continued, gesturing at Dave, "this guy gets it. In fact..."

Mel took a step towards Dave, then another and another until she was within arms' reach. With a disarming smile, she grabbed Dave by the collar. "What do we do, you ask? I know exactly what we do. We refuse to play."

"Boss! Boss, let him go."

"...Okay, fine." She let Dave's collar slip out of her hands. "But think about it. Do we have any guarantee - any at all - that when we're done playing this game, we get to go home? The way I see it, we're just choosing when we want to disappear, and whether or not we make it to the end of the game before we do. So we stop playing. All of us, hypothetical mafia included. If we ruin their fun, then they don't have any reason to keep us around. Sure, they may disappear us, but at least it'll be under our control. Our control and nobody else's."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I mean, I'm not sure how much better I feel if you're still suspicious of me Hecto... but thank you for not voting for me at least."

((And I suppose I can see the argument Noah is making, or at least regarding this particular question. I still have other reasons to be skeptical about whether Hecto is truly the cop, and I still want to reveal Cabot's role and explain why it would be the perfect reason to set him up, but for now I'll wait where this discussion about the two doctors goes to. If it doesn't lead to an obvious culprit in time, I will be sure to say these things before the votes are cast.))

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
“I’m suspicious of everybody, Cabot.” Hecto’s eyes dimmed apologetically. “I’m suspicious of my own power. At least your guardian seems to have confidence that they’re working as they should...”

((Also, I have no idea if it’s possible to sniff soneone’s role directly or not, but if I was capable of knowing what Cabot had, why would I be trying to so openly figure out what it is?))

“Are we simply ignoring Mel?” Hecto asked, trotting by the distraught human’s side. “I don’t think giving up would do us any good. We must keep going; forward is our only direction.”

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
"Hmmm. Well I'm speaking the truth. And with that in mind I'm voting Lachlan."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“Oh my god, I have had enough with the “NO U” votes. How are we supposed to figure out what the fuck is going on if everyone keeps pointing fingers at the first person to suspect them? Newsflash, we’re all suspects.

“And I’m sick and tired of having to check the transcripts for what we’ve all been doing at night. I’m putting it in one spot so I don’t have to think about it anymore.”

Mel (Swapper)
  • N0: Swapped Starr and Psyduck
  • N1: Swapped Dave and Cabot
  • N2: Swapped Starr and Hecto
  • N3: Swapped Starr and Dave
Starr (Watcher)
  • N0: Watched Starr - Saw Mel
  • N1: Watched Hecto - Saw no one
  • N2: Watched Karo - Saw Dave
  • N3: Watched Starr - Saw Mel and Loki
Dave (Redirector, 50%)
  • N0: Redirected from Dave to Starr
  • N1: Redirected from Dave to Infinite
  • N2: Redirected from Karo to Loki
  • N3: Redirected from Mel to Ess
Loki (Unspecified Protector Role)
  • N0: ?
  • N1: Karo
  • N2: Starr
  • N3: Dave (Landed on Starr)
Lachlan (Unspecified Protector Role)
  • N0: ?
  • N1: Loki
  • N2: Starr
  • N3: Starr (Landed on Dave)
Hecto (Investigator, Potentially Naive?)
  • N0: Ess (Innocent)
  • N1: Karo (Innocent)
  • N2: Mia (Innocent)
  • N3: Loki (Innocent)
Cabot (Unknown Role)

Notes:

• Swap seems to come before redirect in most action listings
  • Informative roles see the end result (ie, where the action “landed”)
  • Kills are always last and cannot prevent other actions

“If I got something wrong, just tell me, alright? Don’t make a fuss about it. Also, goes without saying, but this is assuming no one is lying," Starr says with a snort. "But maybe it'll help us find the lies."

“Oh, and I might’ve screwed up the protectors, they didn’t exactly specify what they meant by ‘first night’, if that was Night 0 or what. So they’re both short one night. Give me the missing night, alright?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The sound of a fax machine whirred in the background; above Starr’s head, several leaflets descended to the floor. Hecto picked one up, reading the bulleted list. “Everything is correct regarding mine,” he stated. “I should note that I was explicitly told that, hypothetically, if someone is converted to mafia in the same day that I inspect them, I will see innocent, rather than mafia. That is why I am still unsure of my naive status, even after Mia. I only say this in response to the footnote about informative roles only seeing the end action; the delayed conversion is an exception, and is the absolute last thing to happen.”

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“Right, we were told outright that the recruiting would be last, so it had no effect at all on anything that happened night 2.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave recoiled backwards after Mel released him. "I'm not sure it works that way," he said, glaring at her as he adjusted his collar, for far longer than it could possibly have needed adjustment. "They control fucking everything. You know, last night I tried to deflect off more people. My own personal lord and saviour just fucking stopped me. Couldn't move or breathe until I turned back. And what, you think we should not vote? Well, we've already seen the fucking voices vote without our input, and they don't seem to fucking mind. All we can do is play by the rules. At least for now."

He gritted his teeth as he picked up one of Starr's printouts and looked at it. "Yeah, looks right." He lowered it again. "What I'm curious about is why Lachlan only told us about three people he targeted, but then insisted he did submit an action on 'night zero'. Why didn't you tell us about everything you did? And Loki, what'd you do on the missing night? Were you told you couldn't act on night zero?"

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
He gritted his teeth as he picked up one of Starr's printouts and looked at it. "Yeah, looks right." He lowered it again. "What I'm curious about is why Lachlan only told us about three people he targeted, but then insisted he did submit an action on 'night zero'."
"I noticed this too and wasn't quite sure where it wasn't adding up. Just checked my diary, and I guess I actually slept in on night one by accident and then forgot about it, eheheh... So, I protected Loki night zero, and then Starr nights two and three."

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
"Mm, another thing to consider— perhaps there's a godfather among the mafia? You know, someone who would appear innocent even to inspectors. I played my fair share of this game in high school, albeit online, and that was a fairly common ability."

Top Bottom