• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Code:
-- Conversation initiated with WitchesBlue [FORTUNATA, FIAMETTA] --

[WB] wait hold on
[WB] i must have missed something
[WB] am i understandin right
[WB] do lovers win if theyre the only two left regardless of everyone else
[WB] that would change
[WB] like
[WB] everything about what i said

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
oh, wait, i guess maybe you’re not suggesting i’m lovers with dw specifically, but rather just a lover in general? i’m definitely not, but honestly i don’t really see the utility in voicing a theory like that. in the best case you’re just wrong (and you are), but in the worst case, you’re handing the mafia a free double kill, which... idk, there’s kind of no good outcome there? i don’t suspect you for it, i don’t think, since it seems like you were just offering a theory that fell into your head, but...
Code:

[WB] wait hold on
[WB] i must have missed something
[WB] am i understandin right
[WB] do lovers win if theyre the only two left regardless of everyone else
[WB] that would change
[WB] like
[WB] everything about what i said
i don’t think this is necessarily the case. it depends on the way the host decides to implement it, but i think most of the time the lovers win under the regular win conditions for their alignment. sometimes there’s third party shenanigans with them in which one lover is scum and the other isn’t, but tbh i don’t see that being the case here for the time being.

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Code:

[WB] im not tryin to say youre a lover at all
[WB] i thought desper ado was sayin that the professor was a lover
[WB] and that she was votin for herself because of it
[WB] if both lovers are town great
[WB] i was sayin that the only reason a lover would vote for themself is if they were mafia
[WB] and tryin to lure the town into killin them
[WB] and thus killin a townsfolk
[WB] which i dont think would actually happen

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Code:

[WB] im not tryin to say youre a lover at all
[WB] i thought desper ado was sayin that the professor was a lover
[WB] and that she was votin for herself because of it
[WB] if both lovers are town great
[WB] i was sayin that the only reason a lover would vote for themself is if they were mafia
[WB] and tryin to lure the town into killin them
[WB] and thus killin a townsfolk
[WB] which i dont think would actually happen
i think (?) what desper is saying is that i might be a lover, and that the mafia might know as much, which is why they attempted to target me; and alternately that dw might be a lover, so they’re fine with taking the L because it kills a townie too. he’ll want to verify but that was my impression.

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Code:

[WB] right that second one is what im gettin at
[WB] im tryin to say that as a strategy for the mafia it doesnt make sense to just up and vote for yourself from the get go
[WB] even if it does get rid of a townsfolk
[WB] like yall beat that one into my head earlier
[WB] like sure
[WB] if the mafia lover gets eliminated
[WB] its not as bad for the mafia since theyll take a townsfolk with them
[WB] but it doesnt make sense for that to be their guiding strategy
[WB] the point that im tryin to make
[WB] is that on the surface level it might sound plausible
[WB] and that its another thing that has me side eyein desper ado

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
i don’t really see the utility in voicing a theory like that.
[[“M’apologies, meant it nothin’ like ‘n accusation,” Desper said. “Merely ponerin’ why you’d’a been shot at night one.” He glanced at the buzzin’ screen’n’ mumbled, “What’s’ghetti gots t’do with anythin’ I’m sayin?”

He shook his head. Ain’t worth chasin’ a hoss on a heifer. “And when I was talkin’ ‘bout Miz ‘Fesser, bein’ a lover, I was tryin’ t’figure why she’d be s’eager to die ‘s one a them. I tangled them theories up like,” a grin broke ‘cross his cheeks, “well, two lovers.”

He couldn’t help a chuckle but held tight his reigns. “But ‘ga’dless, if y’ain’t a Lover, I’m’nclined t’ believe ya. If sum’on’ is, though, tellin’ us’d tell us tons.”]]

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
[[“M’apologies, meant it nothin’ like ‘n accusation,” Desper said. “Merely ponerin’ why you’d’a been shot at night one.” He glanced at the buzzin’ screen’n’ mumbled, “What’s’ghetti gots t’do with anythin’ I’m sayin?”

He shook his head. Ain’t worth chasin’ a hoss on a heifer. “And when I was talkin’ ‘bout Miz ‘Fesser, bein’ a lover, I was tryin’ t’figure why she’d be s’eager to die ‘s one a them. I tangled them theories up like,” a grin broke ‘cross his cheeks, “well, two lovers.”

He couldn’t help a chuckle but held tight his reigns. “But ‘ga’dless, if y’ain’t a Lover, I’m’nclined t’ believe ya. If sum’on’ is, though, tellin’ us’d tell us tons.”]]
[[ Lauchs nodded. “No harm, no foul for this fowl,” he said with a smile. “But I don’t think the lovers should proclaim their affair publicly, for what that’s worth. Gods know how the wicked ones might exploit such a pure and tender passion...” ]]

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
he’ll want to verify but that was my impression.
[[Desper nodded. “You just hit the stake with a hoss shoe.”
Code:

[WB] right that second one is what im gettin at
[WB] im tryin to say that as a strategy for the mafia it doesnt make sense to just up and vote for yourself from the get go
[WB] even if it does get rid of a townsfolk
[WB] like yall beat that one into my head earlier
[WB] like sure
[WB] if the mafia lover gets eliminated
[WB] its not as bad for the mafia since theyll take a townsfolk with them
[WB] but it doesnt make sense for that to be their guiding strategy
[WB] the point that im tryin to make
[WB] is that on the surface level it might sound plausible
[WB] and that its another thing that has me side eyein desper ado
[[Desper picked up the device, readin’ it o’er a few times. “Well, I ain’t sayin’ ‘t’s what they wanted t’happen, but it’d ‘splain the goin’s on of the now, I reckon.”

Lauch mentioned’n’altern’tive wagon s’much, Desper was willin’ t’agree. “Too many berries in a bush t’ not have s’me snakes wrigglin’.” His eyes went from one bird to another. “Now, I hate lookin’ at someone who’s tryin’ t’save lives like this, but y’r “accidental” claim ain’t sittin’ right wit’ me, more that I think on it. What you said at the time didn’t suggest much, but you hopped on ‘at saddle quicker’n a shepherd goes for a m’reep.

“I ‘on’t like thinkin’ it, but ‘tis poss’ble ‘Fesser’s clean, ‘n’ y’r muddy. It’d ‘splain why you wasn’t where y’said you was.”]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Lauch mentioned’n’altern’tive wagon s’much, Desper was willin’ t’agree. “Too many berries in a bush t’ not have s’me snakes wrigglin’.” His eyes went from one bird to another. “Now, I hate lookin’ at someone who’s tryin’ t’save lives like this, but y’r “accidental” claim ain’t sittin’ right wit’ me, more that I think on it. What you said at the time didn’t suggest much, but you hopped on ‘at saddle quicker’n a shepherd goes for a m’reep.

“I ‘on’t like thinkin’ it, but ‘tis poss’ble ‘Fesser’s clean, ‘n’ y’r muddy. It’d ‘splain why you wasn’t where y’said you was.”]]
...It was Sike who claimed on accident and Sike who wasn't where they said they were? NonAnalogue hasn't claimed at all?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Y’all have forced my hand and demanded—with knives at my throat, guns to my face—a translation. So FINE.

Okay, so yeah, what qva said. I’m saying it’s possible Lauch is a lover, the mafia knew that, and that’s why they targetted Lauch night one. Dawning being a lover would explain why They’re letting them die since they’re already very suspicious in everyone’s eyes.

I read back on Sike’s accidental claim, and honestly to me, I didn’t see the softclaim that prefaced the hard claim. It might just be my reading level, but what she said seemed entirely innocuous, not suggesting her role at all, until she went and claimed it. If we want an alternative wagon, Sike claimed being somewhere she wasn’t, but I’m not sure if I want to risk losing a protector, which is why I didn’t change my vote.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
...It was Sike who claimed on accident and Sike who wasn't where they said they were? NonAnalogue hasn't claimed at all?
What? Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. “One bird to another” was literally from one bird to another bird, lol.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
(fyi Kwazai is a fakemon evo of Wobbuffet.)

Top Bottom