• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Inner Focus Training Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
D8: Ghostbusters(?) (Odette, May, and Marshadow)

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette Neutral.PNG
It felt weird. Knowing somebody she had spoken to just a day our two before was now gone. Though it was good to hear that a mythical stepped up and saved that kid with the Marshtomp, it didn't change the fact that they still had work to do. Still had plans to break into that damn room. Orzo was out and about, looking defeated and sad, and even Clink had been standing by. Odette had almost felt bad for the Hoopa, but it was easy for one to act. Hell, Xavian could be acting. Or possessed. She was still stuck on that.

No matter, though. Hopefully she'd be able to organize her thoughts once they committed the crime of breaking and entering. Until then, she had one more thing she wanted to do.

Odile Sparkle Eyed.PNG
"̶O̸h̷h̸h̶h̸h̷h̸h̵h̷h̴h̷h̴ ̵b̶a̶t̸t̸l̵e̴ ̸a̷r̵e̴n̸a̴ ̴a̴g̷a̶i̵n̵?̶ ̴A̶r̶e̶ ̴w̵e̵ ̴g̷o̵n̶n̷a̶ ̴h̵a̶v̶e̸ ̴r̴o̴u̶n̴d̷ ̵t̵w̷o̶ ̴w̸i̷t̵h̸ ̷t̶h̴e̷ ̸A̷l̶a̴k̵a̷z̷a̶m̶?̷"̶ Odile beamed as they neared the circular building.

Enora Sus.PNG
"I wholly understand the need to train, but this hardly seems like the time," Enora said suspiciously.

Odette Deadpan.PNG
"No. No training right now," she assured them. "I'm actually ghost hunting."

If not Mt. Moxie, the battle arena surely seemed like the place a Marshadow would hang out. Besides, there weren't any real "haunted-esque" places on this island that she'd figured she'd find a ghost. So, this would have to do.

Odile Smug.PNG
"̷O̶h̷,̵ ̵w̴e̷l̴l̶ ̶t̴h̸a̶t̴'̵l̷l̸ ̸b̶e̵ ̶e̴a̵s̶y̸.̶ ̸G̸h̸o̵s̴t̴s̸ ̸a̸r̴e̸ ̶s̸i̴m̸p̷l̴y̸ ̷d̵r̶a̴w̵n̶ ̸t̶o̶ ̵y̷o̷u̶r̷ ̷p̴o̶s̸s̶e̶s̴s̷e̷d̶ ̵a̴s̴s̷.̵"̴

Odette Deadpan.PNG
"Seems that way back home, huh," she huffed. "Hoping that charm still works here."

[[ @Flyg0n @Dragonfree ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
They were going to do the whole scouting plan a bit later, but some people had stuff they wanted to do first, mythical Pokémon they wanted to find and recruit to help.

May wandered toward the battle arena to kill time until then, wondering if anyone was up for a practice match or something. Instead, as they neared it, she overheard Odette, the girl with the weird demonic doppelganger Pokémon, talking about "ghost hunting".

Spirit's ears perked. "Is she looking for a Ghost legendary?"

"I don't know, Spirit."

The Ninetales sniffed the air, cautious. "I can feel something," she said. "A chill. We should follow."

May could feel it too, hairs rising on the back of her neck. "You sure?"

"My special powers are Ghost-type," Spirit said. "I would like to speak to a Ghost legendary."

She trotted off after Odette into the arena, and May followed, wary.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The chill in the air seemed to grow the further into the arena one headed. And with it, the increasing sense of being watched. The sensation persisted, stronger closer to one of the smaller battlefields closer to the rear, a much lesser used one.

At first glance, the room appeared plain and empty. Basic pale padded floors, cream-yellow walls, and lights overhead casting long shadows... Unnaturally long shadows.

Looking at the shadows directly, they seemed normal. But from the corner of one's vision, it almost looked like a pair of orange eyes, flitting from shadow to shadow, watching... There was undeniably a presence in the room of some kind. Spirit, however, or a pokemon sensitive enough, might notice the faintest hazy blur in the far corner of the room, like a tiny wisp of smoke.

"You who have touched death... why do you seek me?" The voice sounded eerie and childlike, neither entirely masculine or feminine, almost ethereal. It was impossible to tell exactly where it came from. It's tone was plaintive, not accusing. Almost curious...

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette Neutral.PNG
The chill in the air felt par for the course. Her hair involuntarily stood up on end, but she felt no more ill at ease than she normally did. Training ghost types and being followed around by a literal demon made these things roll right off her back.

"Well, at least we know we're in the right spot," she said under her breath, moving toward the front doors.

The Ninetales sniffed the air, cautious. "I can feel something," she said. "A chill. We should follow."

May could feel it too, hairs rising on the back of her neck. "You sure?"

"My special powers are Ghost-type," Spirit said. "I would like to speak to a Ghost legendary."

She trotted off after Odette into the arena, and May followed, wary.
Odette Startled.PNG
Before entering, however, she heard voices chattering behind her. She'd been so convinced that she was (almost) alone that the noise startled her. However, she calmed down significantly when she saw it was just the blue-haired girl and her Ninetails.

Odette Deadpan.PNG
She withheld her sigh. She was never very good with children, but she supposed that this one at least might have had some sense, both judging by last nights meeting, and, well, because she was still around. Not to mention, trying to ward off a child in general wasn't something she felt like doing at the moment.

She held a finger to her lips, aiming the gesture toward the duo, just before she ventured inside.

At first glance, the room appeared plain and empty. Basic pale padded floors, cream-yellow walls, and lights overhead casting long shadows... Unnaturally long shadows.

Looking at the shadows directly, they seemed normal. But from the corner of one's vision, it almost looked like a pair of orange eyes, flitting from shadow to shadow, watching... There was undeniably a presence in the room of some kind. Spirit, however, or a pokemon sensitive enough, might notice the faintest hazy blur in the far corner of the room, like a tiny wisp of smoke.
Odette Neutral.PNG
This was certainly a liminal space if she'd ever seen one. Prime ghost type stomping grounds. She tilted her chin upward, following the stretched shadows up to the ceiling, as if trying to see if they stopped at any point. Her head only slightly turned when she saw a flash of orange just off to her right. However, by the time she'd looked, it had already vanished.

"I'm unarmed, if that's what you're worried about," she said in a whisper.

Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
Meanwhile, Odile simply looked unimpressed. Where was the fanfare? The childish giggles? Moving dolls? Random crap being thrown? Shadows and a mere ghostly shiver weren't shit. This dude needed to up his game. Or maybe this was his upped game and he wasn't as extra as she tended to be...

Maybe she could teach him how to actually go about scaring people.

She sighed quietly to herself as her nose tingled. Yeah, this ghost was definitely close. She turned her head toward the corner, her frown deepening at the sight of the wisp.

"̸F̴o̷u̵n̴d̶ ̵y̷a̵,̵"̸ she taunted.

"You who have touched death... why do you seek me?" The voice sounded eerie and childlike, neither entirely masculine or feminine, almost ethereal. It was impossible to tell exactly where it came from. It's tone was plaintive, not accusing. Almost curious...
Odette Startled.PNG
She wasn't sure why the introduction jolted her so bad. Ghosts were ghosts; of course they'd be attracted to death. But did this thing know that she had physically...taken lives before? Or was it not specifically talking to her, but everyone present? Including the girl and that Ninetails? Odile was, at one point, a bloodthirst murderous soul (still kind of was), so perhaps that was the focus?

She didn't have time to be caught on this. She swallowed her alarm and shoved her hands into her jacket pockets.

"Help," she announced. "We're on the hunt for information, and ghost types are the ultimate sneaks. We're kind of desperate at this point, so if you have anything to offer...we definitely need it."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
This whole place gave her the creeps - shadows that were deeper than they should be, the persistent creeping coldness clutching at her. May stayed close to Spirit, looking around. Technically Hoopa was a Ghost-type. Maybe it wasn't what Odette had been looking for, but...

May froze, an icy chill creeping down her back. This was a different world. How the hell would--

"What the hell are you talking about?" she snapped. Spirit looked up, flattening her ears.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"̸F̴o̷u̵n̴d̶ ̵y̷a̵,̵"̸ she taunted.
The shadow flickered, but otherwise didn't move.

"Help," she announced. "We're on the hunt for information, and ghost types are the ultimate sneaks. We're kind of desperate at this point, so if you have anything to offer...we definitely need it."
"Help... you want my help..." A chilly breeze seemed to blow from nowhere. "Curious..."

"What the hell are you talking about?" she snapped. Spirit looked up, flattening her ears.
The eyes flickered to watch May from her shadow. "Your auras tell me everything. I am a tender of souls and I can tell when an aura has seen death." The voice flickered like a canlde in a breeze. "It is not bad. It is curious."

Eyes melted into May's shadow and re-emerged in Odette's.

"You are not like most of the other trainers here. Your auras burn oddly. Strange power from the Ninetales. The small humans is bloody. And you bring with you a being with an old, old aura... older than I, older than that of any life I have seen. Ancient..."

Overhead, the lights flickered briefly. The room almost seemed to darken, or perhaps it was just the imagination... "If you seek my aid... do you understand the price? Do you know what you ask?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"You are not like most of the other trainers here. Your auras burn oddly. Strange power from the Ninetales.
Odette Sus.PNG
Odette couldn't help but shoot a questioning look at the girl. She had mentioned that her Ninetails could phase through walls and whatever, but what kind of aura was Marshadow talking about? Ghost type aura? In a Ninetails? Odette supposed she'd seen and heard of weirder.

The small humans is bloody
Odette Nervous.PNG
The small humans is bloody...

That had to have meant her. Not that this child here wasn't also small, but she was a child. Of fucking course she was small. Odette was 25 fucking years old and the same height as her, of course she was the small human. Unless this child had also secretly killed around 10 people, then it had to be her.

"I--" she tried to say, unsure of what would follow.

And you bring with you a being with an old, old aura... older than I, older than that of any life I have seen. Ancient..."
But, thank gods, the follow-up cut her off.

Odile Beaming.PNG
"̸H̶e̴y̶,̶ ̴t̴h̷a̸t̴'̶s̶ ̴m̶e̷!̶ ̴I̸'̷m̶ ̴a̸n̷c̷i̶e̴n̷t̶,̷ ̸y̶e̷s̶!̸"̴ Odile declared, holding up her hand.

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
"̶I̴ ̴t̶h̷i̷n̸k̶ ̶m̴y̷ ̴a̵u̶r̵a̴ ̸s̸h̷o̵u̴l̶d̷ ̴a̷l̶s̴o̸ ̶b̶e̵ ̸p̶r̵e̸t̸t̴y̸ ̷b̸l̶o̷o̷d̴y̵ ̶b̴u̷t̴ ̵t̴h̴a̷t̴'̵s̵ ̵a̶ ̴g̴i̴v̵e̶n̸.̷"̶

Overhead, the lights flickered briefly. The room almost seemed to darken, or perhaps it was just the imagination... "If you seek my aid... do you understand the price? Do you know what you ask?"
Odette Startled.PNG
Odette was still a little too preoccupied with what Marshadow had previously said to shut Odile up. And now, she was hung up on the idea that there was a price to pay to ask for this thing's help. The ghost type expert she called herself, she hated to admit that she had no idea what it was inquiring of her. So now she'd have to ask. In front of this fucking child.

"I'm...afraid not," she stammered. "D...does it perhaps have something to do with my...bloody aura?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
The eyes flickered to watch May from her shadow. "Your auras tell me everything. I am a tender of souls and I can tell when an aura has seen death." The voice flickered like a canlde in a breeze. "It is not bad. It is curious."

Eyes melted into May's shadow and re-emerged in Odette's.

"You are not like most of the other trainers here. Your auras burn oddly. Strange power from the Ninetales. The small humans is bloody. And you bring with you a being with an old, old aura... older than I, older than that of any life I have seen. Ancient..."
“Please, forgive my trainer,” Spirit said urgently, lowering her head in deference. Her ears were laid flat still, her body trembling. “She was only surprised.”

Surprised. May felt nauseous, wanted to get out of here. Odette was stammering awkwardly, her creepy Pokémon chattering away obliviously like some grotesque clown. Small frame, dark hair in braids. Only about as tall as her, but she was definitely an adult. With a weird creepy transforming ancient Pokémon from another world.

She fought to keep her voice steady, gaze still on Odette. “So what, you’re saying your aura whatever says we’ve both seen death?”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I'm...afraid not," she stammered. "D...does it perhaps have something to do with my...bloody aura?"
"I am not like the other mythical pokemon." the voice was softer now, almost... melancholy? "My power is not my own, and alone I do not possess strength."

She fought to keep her voice steady, gaze still on Odette. “So what, you’re saying your aura whatever says we’ve both seen death?”

"It may be more accurate to say that your aura has been..." the voice wavered, as if searching for the right answer. "touched by death."

The shadows at the edges of the room began to darken and deepen... "I can sense its weight upon you."

It felt as if the presence was drawing in around them, ever so slightly. Not, perhaps threatening, just growing closer.

"My power is to copy. To steal. To take and make my own. I am a living shadow."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
The shadows were deepening, the presence closing in. May clenched her fists, wishing the thing would just get it over with and say what it meant. Again she glanced at Odette.

"Are you Marshadow?" Spirit bowed toward the darkness. "Please, tell us what we must do."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I am not like the other mythical pokemon." the voice was softer now, almost... melancholy? "My power is not my own, and alone I do not possess strength."
Unease for the subject at hand aside, that was a peculiar thing to know. She’d have felt bad about how upset they sounded about it, if her head weren’t still spinning.

“So then what gives you strength? From said aura?” she asked softly, despite the waver in her voice.

"It may be more accurate to say that your aura has been..." the voice wavered, as if searching for the right answer. "touched by death."
The shadows at the edges of the room began to darken and deepen... "I can sense its weight upon you."
It felt as if the presence was drawing in around them, ever so slightly. Not, perhaps threatening, just growing closer.

"My power is to copy. To steal. To take and make my own. I am a living shadow."
As the child and the Ninetails spoke to the presence, Odette felt her brows lowering. It wasn’t enough to have seen death—no, apparently their auras had been touched by death. She knew that was factual for her, but this kid? Had this kid fucking killed somebody too?

No, wait. Maybe it was just the weird aura from the Ninetails. If it really was a ghost type aura like she was suspecting. Had to be…

As the shadows darkened, Odette swallowed hard. Those words only made the weight she felt heavier. This is not exactly what she was anticipating to face when she opted in to hunting this mythic down. Essentially being probed about her literal body count, and what it did to her psyche.

Was that what it powered off of? They seemed really caught on that idea…

She still couldn’t quite see Marshadow, but they somehow suddenly felt even closer than before. Inhaling sharply, she managed to level her head enough to respond.

“Is that where you get your power from?” she spoke strongly. “Do I have to recount how I’ve ‘touched death’ to you? Is that the price?”

She then rolled her shoulders. “What exactly is it that you can copy? Or steal? Is it somehow pertinent to this bloody aura you sense?”

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Are you Marshadow?" Spirit bowed toward the darkness. "Please, tell us what we must do."
"I am the one known as Marshadow. Soul keeper and shadow walker." The voice whispered, echoing off the walls. "If you desire my help you must first give something."

“So then what gives you strength? From said aura?” she asked softly, despite the waver in her voice.
"Yes. I... steal aura to grow stronger." A note of hesitancy entered the voice's tone. Almost as if it was afraid to reveal the source of its power. Perhaps afraid of judgement.

“Is that where you get your power from?” she spoke strongly. “Do I have to recount how I’ve ‘touched death’ to you? What exactly is it that you can copy? Or steal? Is it somehow pertinent to this bloody aura you sense?”
The room darkened more. A pair of eyes flickered to life in front of them now, glowing eerily as they floated midair. "No, not recount. I must take your aura, for a time. It will allows me to copy your moves and strength."

The voice paused. "Doing so will... reawaken memories. Memories are a part of your aura, and help me get stronger. That is my price."

Now, the only light in the room seemed to be over them. "And your aura is bloody because of your link to them. The one with the ancient aura."

The shadows receded slighty and far at the back of the arena a small shape could be seen, no more than a couple feet high. A gray wispy body and two reddish orange eyes, like embers. "I promise to aid you, if you lend me your strength. You will not be without it forever, only a brief time.... Do you accept?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Yes. I... steal aura to grow stronger." A note of hesitancy entered the voice's tone. Almost as if it was afraid to reveal the source of its power. Perhaps afraid of judgement.
Odette Thinking.PNG
Strange. She'd have initially assumed that Marshadow would go after her and her 'mon's friendship bond, like everyone and their mothers did on this island. To meet a mythic who didn't was as refreshing as it was unnerving, solely because of the type of aura they took.

Still, nothing about it struck her as odd. Somehow, it actually made sense. Her longest partner stole her damn blood for power, so what was some aura?
"No, not recount. I must take your aura, for a time. It will allows me to copy your moves and strength."

The voice paused. "Doing so will... reawaken memories. Memories are a part of your aura, and help me get stronger. That is my price."
Odette Startled.PNG
Reawakening memories, though. What exactly did that entail? It's not like she forgot how she's killed people. Granted, she couldn't remember most of their faces because most of them were covered. Well, except, for one, and that one was...

Odile Sad.PNG
"̴R̶.̵.̷.̴r̷e̴a̸w̴a̵k̸e̶n̴ ̷h̸o̵w̴?̷"̷ Odile queried. She'd begun to wring her hands together. All of her previous smugness was now gone, because something about the wager didn't sit right with her. "̴L̶i̶k̷e̷.̷.̴.̶h̶y̶p̸o̵t̵h̸e̵t̴i̵c̷a̶l̸l̴y̶ ̷s̸p̶e̷a̷k̷i̸n̸g̷,̵ ̴w̵h̷a̸t̶ ̵i̴f̷ ̴a̶ ̶P̴o̷k̵e̸m̸o̷n̷ ̷w̵a̵s̸ ̶s̶u̷p̴p̸r̵e̶s̵s̴i̴n̸g̵ ̴c̸e̵r̸t̴a̵i̴n̷ ̵m̸e̷m̶o̶r̸i̷e̸s̵ ̸f̴o̷r̶ ̷h̵e̷r̸,̴ ̷w̸o̶u̴l̵d̸ ̷t̵h̶o̶s̸e̴ ̷g̵e̷t̵ ̵t̶i̷c̷k̸l̴e̸d̴?̶"̸ ̴

Odette Startled.PNG
Odette sent a surprised look Odile's way, and without thinking, she grabbed her by the forearm. "I don't think it can tickle something that wasn't there to begin with," she said in a borderline whisper.

Odile Sad.PNG
"̵M̸a̵y̸b̴e̷ ̶n̷o̴t̴ ̵i̷n̵ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̴ ̶b̷r̴a̶i̸n̷,̵ ̸n̵o̷.̵ ̸B̴u̵t̷ ̸i̸t̷'̶s̴ ̶s̸t̶i̴l̸l̸ ̵y̷o̸u̶r̸ ̸b̵o̶d̵y̶,̸ ̸a̷n̵d̷ ̴y̵o̶u̵r̷ ̷b̸o̷d̶y̵ ̶m̷i̵g̴h̶t̶ ̴r̷e̸m̵e̶m̶b̶e̸r̸.̸"̵ She spoke in an equally lowered voice. She normally struggled with an inside voice, but it came on naturally with the rolling durians she was feeling. "̷N̵o̵t̴ ̴t̷h̶a̴t̶ ̶y̵o̴u̸ ̵d̸o̶n̵'̸t̷ ̶k̶n̶o̷w̸ ̴t̴h̴a̷t̵,̷ ̷b̸u̵t̸ ̶i̶t̴ ̷m̴i̶g̴h̴t̸ ̷b̵e̶ ̶a̷ ̸l̸o̷t̶ ̵t̵o̴ ̴t̶a̸k̵e̸,̶ ̶s̸o̸ ̶I̴'̶m̶ ̷v̴e̴r̶y̸ ̷w̶o̶r̸r̷i̵e̸d̶.̸"̷

Now, the only light in the room seemed to be over them. "And your aura is bloody because of your link to them. The one with the ancient aura."
Odile didn't have time to be smug anymore; not when her head was spinning. Of course she knew Odette had never really forgotten anything--Odette didn't forget things like that easily--but Odile had made sure that that specific thing had been as fuzzy as humanly possible. The aftermath had been as bad as it was even with her aid, but what if, even years later, that could be undone with a simple wager?

"̶I̶ ̵k̴n̷o̵w̷ ̶y̶o̵u̶ ̸w̴a̶n̷t̸ ̸h̶e̴l̷p̶ ̶a̴n̴d̸ ̸I̸ ̴w̸a̵n̵t̶ ̵t̷o̶ ̶g̴e̷t̶ ̴o̸f̵f̵ ̶t̴h̶i̴s̷ ̶i̶s̴l̸a̶n̷d̴ ̵a̶s̶ ̸m̷u̶c̵h̶ ̴a̴s̷ ̸y̷o̴u̷ ̶d̸o̵,̵ ̶b̷u̶t̶ ̸p̶l̸e̷a̸s̷e̴ ̷b̷e̷ ̴c̶a̶r̶e̸f̶u̷l̴.̴"̵

For all she knew, it would be fine. That trauma brain thing Odette had going on already made her relive things when she didn't want to. It was just that one thing that she was worried about...

Enora Sad.PNG
As Odile spoke, Enora began to rub herself against Odette's leg, before sitting directly at her feet. She was unsure of what to feel, but listening to Odile's questions might have sent her just a bit over the edge. It wasn't like any of those memories were dormant--quite the opposite really--but just what exactly did it entail? How would it manifest? This seemed like a lot to put on the line, at least for them. Her. Even in exchange for a mythic's help. They weren't even quite sure how Marshadow would even assist. They'd been so cryptic so far...

"I'll stand by your decision," she said. Not like there was any point in trying to convince her to not. Chances are, Odette had already decided her next move. "But please think carefully about this."

The shadows receded slighty and far at the back of the arena a small shape could be seen, no more than a couple feet high. A gray wispy body and two reddish orange eyes, like embers. "I promise to aid you, if you lend me your strength. You will not be without it forever, only a brief time.... Do you accept?"
Odette Startled.PNG
All things to consider. No, none of those memories had ever truly left. And one wasn't even really hers to begin with. There was nothing to reawaken in that regard...except, maybe the aftermath. But she never forgot that in the first place. And if it was a surefire thing that Marshadow would aid them, what was momentarily exacerbating things that would never go away anyway? If it meant, in any way, protection for her team, or even the friends she'd made while here, it seemed worth it.

And, unlike most, she trusted ghost types. Most of the time. However, Marshadow, being among a lot of mythics that had already been so helpful, already had a good edge here. And a ghost type aid would be invaluable if this motherfucker at large was a partial ghost type as well; whatever that aid was.

Odette nodded once toward her 'mon partners. "This most likely won't be anything I haven't already dealt with. And if it means extra help, we're in no position to say no at this point. All hands on deck, even if..." she exhaled softly, "...yeah."

As Marshadow finally took form in the corner of the room, Odette eyed them closely. Just as cute as she'd read of it. She might have started to swoon a little if the atmosphere around them weren't already so tense.

"I accept."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
The room darkened more. A pair of eyes flickered to life in front of them now, glowing eerily as they floated midair. "No, not recount. I must take your aura, for a time. It will allows me to copy your moves and strength."

The room was freezing. May wrapped her arms around herself. "What, copy my moves and strength? How's that going to help? A legendary with the moves and strength of a twelve-year-old sounds pretty pathetic if you ask me."

"I will let you copy my aura," Spirit said, pressing herself close to May's leg. "I have powers given to me by Entei. Is that enough?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"̴R̶.̵.̷.̴r̷e̴a̸w̴a̵k̸e̶n̴ ̷h̸o̵w̴?̷"̷ Odile queried. She'd begun to wring her hands together. All of her previous smugness was now gone, because something about the wager didn't sit right with her. "̴L̶i̶k̷e̷.̷.̴.̶h̶y̶p̸o̵t̵h̸e̵t̴i̵c̷a̶l̸l̴y̶ ̷s̸p̶e̷a̷k̷i̸n̸g̷,̵ ̴w̵h̷a̸t̶ ̵i̴f̷ ̴a̶ ̶P̴o̷k̵e̸m̸o̷n̷ ̷w̵a̵s̸ ̶s̶u̷p̴p̸r̵e̶s̵s̴i̴n̸g̵ ̴c̸e̵r̸t̴a̵i̴n̷ ̵m̸e̷m̶o̶r̸i̷e̸s̵ ̸f̴o̷r̶ ̷h̵e̷r̸,̴ ̷w̸o̶u̴l̵d̸ ̷t̵h̶o̶s̸e̴ ̷g̵e̷t̵ ̵t̶i̷c̷k̸l̴e̸d̴?̶"̸ ̴
"yes... Memories are linked with aura. They are a part of aura the way leaves are a part of a plant." Marshadow stared at the ancient creature, then at Odette, and back at Odile. "This process may affect you. Your auras are... meshed. They bleed into each other."

"I accept."
There was, for a moment, the strangest sensation of Marshadow appeared startled, as if not expecting Odette to have accepted. "Very well."

"What, copy my moves and strength? How's that going to help? A legendary with the moves and strength of a twelve-year-old sounds pretty pathetic if you ask me."
"Though humans do not possess techniques like a pokemon, your strength is greater than simply one's physical being. Do not underestimate your own strength. You can make a difference. And fear not, none shall know what transpires here." The tone was matter of fact, simplistic. Neither judging nor pitying. "What is your choice?"

"I will let you copy my aura," Spirit said, pressing herself close to May's leg. "I have powers given to me by Entei. Is that enough?"
Marshadow eyed Spirit curiously, drifting closer to her. "yes. Entei... that is the power I sense. This power will help."

The chill in the air lessened slightly as Marshadow withdrew. When it spoke next, its voice was soft and wispy. "Thank you."

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Though humans do not possess techniques like a pokemon, your strength is greater than simply one's physical being. Do not underestimate your own strength. You can make a difference. And fear not, none shall know what transpires here." The tone was matter of fact, simplistic. Neither judging nor pitying. "What is your choice?"
This was stupid, so stupid. May wished she hadn't agreed to follow Odette in here. The cold was biting, clawing at her back.

"And what, you think my strength's going to power you up so you can help us?" How did that even work? Humans just didn't have Pokémon energy, not unless they were psychics and even then they could maybe match a baby Pokémon at best. Maybe it was another universe thing. Some nonsense like everything else here.

"I believe they can help," Spirit said, looking up. "If Marshadow can use it, you are a person of tremendous strength. But..."

The Ninetales hesitated, concern growing in her eyes.

"You don't have to..."

"Fine," May snapped at the shadows. "Just do it."

Spirit stared up at her. May clenched her fists, inhaled sharply, bracing for whatever taking her aura meant.

"I'm here," the Ninetales said quietly after a second's hesitation, wrapping her tails around May's body as she faced Marshadow. In whatever way, the soft, warm fur warded off some of the unnatural chill of the room.

May stared into the shadows and waited.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"yes... Memories are linked with aura. They are a part of aura the way leaves are a part of a plant." Marshadow stared at the ancient creature, then at Odette, and back at Odile. "This process may affect you. Your auras are... meshed. They bleed into each other."
Odile suddenly found solace staring at the floor, even while Odette and Enora exchanged wary looks.

Maybe…maybe this wasn’t a good idea. Even if it was going to help get them off the island, maybe. Odile could handle her own kills; they were all in good fun. But that one thing…

There was, for a moment, the strangest sensation of Marshadow appeared startled, as if not expecting Odette to have accepted. "Very well."
But it was too late. They were in. And even Marshadow looked shocked about it.
"And what, you think my strength's going to power you up so you can help us?" How did that even work? Humans just didn't have Pokémon energy, not unless they were psychics and even then they could maybe match a baby Pokémon at best. Maybe it was another universe thing. Some nonsense like everything else here.

"I believe they can help," Spirit said, looking up. "If Marshadow can use it, you are a person of tremendous strength. But..."

The Ninetales hesitated, concern growing in her eyes.

"You don't have to..."

"Fine," May snapped at the shadows. "Just do it."
Well, this kid was defiant. Probably just for the sake of spitting in the face of authority, like most young kids. Though, there wasn’t really any time to be playing this game. Clearly both of them had Marshadow needed to power up. She supposed she understood needing to think hard about this, as she just did, but insulting the damn thing wasn’t going to get them anywhere. But at least the Ninetails was able to keep the conversation on track.

She couldn’t help but notice how hesitant the kid seemed, though. This was scary for anybody, but this hesitation seemed different.

Did you kill somebody too? she thought.

She rolled her shoulders one last time, then crossed her arms. “It’ll be alright.”

Though, whether or not she was saying it for herself or this young girl and her partner, it was hard to tell.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Marshadow gave a nod in acknowledgement, then melted into the shadows. The room seemed to brighten slightly the the chill in the air lifted. A pair of eyes emerged in each of their shadows. The air grew still, unnaturally so. Then it felt as if a hand of ice seized their hearts for a moment, chilling them to the bone, followed by an intense wave of heat, a burning that felt as if it were inside the body. And then it an instant, the sensation subsided, lasting just a second.

A strange sensation peace followed, an almost dream-like state. And then the memories came. In flashes, clips. Like watching a videotape, yet experiencing it too. A boy's body, broken. A tyranitar, looking confused. A mans face, twisted in a curel smirk. Letters, lawsuits, demands. The harassment. Bodies, so many bodies....

The memories seemed to flash by in both a moment and an eternity.

And then it was over. An intense wave of exhaustion followed, but that receeded at least, in a few minutes.

"it is done," Marshadow said solemnly. And now, a changed had happened. Instead of a small wispy body that looked ready to be blown away, the helm had changed to resemble green fire, the tips a flickering yellow. Fading ember-like eyes turned to vibrant red, crackling with energy, and the body was taller now by a good few inches. "you may feel strange for a time, but your power is already returning, and you will recover within the hour."

Marshadow moved to stand before them. "A battle is coming. I can sense the evil... When the time comes, I will help you destroy it." He held out a hand, and a shadowy diamond shaped crystal formed on Spirit's necklace. "You need only call on my aid and I shall be there."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette Distraught.PNG
The chill that coiled through her chest wasn't the worst of it. It was what followed after that proved almost unbearable.

Odette had still had flashes of that thing every once in a while. Little sparks that would make her shiver, maybe even lose her appetite. Or make her tired. But, this was different. So much different. It came in clips, but she could still feel it. It felt like she was physically standing there. Reliving it all. Going through the motions of how that day had gone.

[[TW: Sexual Assault, Violence]]

I need the know what the fuck is going on. Why is he failing me? I have no business having an 'F." No fucking business. If he's out to get me, I need to fucking know today.

But that's not what happened. No, when she got on that stage to talk to him, he just looked at her like something to eat.

"You'll never get anywhere unless you do things like this, Odette."

Then he was close. Way too close. And his cruel smile; gods that fucking smile.

She smacked him. Hard. And suddenly, that grin was gone.

But, what replaced it was worse. A glare; far more violent, and just as vile.

“Oh. You’re gonna regret that.”

Run. Run. Run. RUN.

She was a Blitzle in a Pyroar den. Like any other prey, all she could stand to do was run. She knew the backstage area like the back of her hand, so if she could just get to the fire exit, set the alarm off, and get outside, nothing would happen. She didn't have her bag or her Pokeballs with her, so nothing was weighing her down.

She could see the red outline of the door. It was right fucking there.

I'm close. Just a few more--

But, she was 5'0. He was 6'5. It was almost laughable how unfair the matchup was. She realized that as she felt him grab the collar of her shirt. And the pain of not being able to breathe followed as those same fingers looped around her neck. Seeing the back of her eyelids in that moment had actually felt like bliss, because at least she could pretend she'd made it out.

She thought that's where the blackout had happened. That's where her blind spot was. But what came next was...blurry. Like she was watching some jagged silhouettes. And the feelings that flooded her body; the fear, the pain, the pressure, they were there. But they weren’t as strong. It felt like they were somehow being smothered. These weren't her thoughts, but they were certainly within her person.

Ḍ̵͑ȋ̵̥e̴͙̐.̴̟̀ ̶͇̀D̴̡͋i̸͕͐ë̷͜.̵̱̑ ̴̤͘D̴̚ͅi̷̜̕e̸͉̽.̴͚͑ ̸̡̀D̷̻̍I̶̩̚Ë̷̩́,̸̬̽ ̷̞̆Y̶̨͍̲̣̞̓͗́̿͛O̶͇̖̩̓̽́͗̉Û̶͔̞͕̘̐̌'̸̘̦̻͗͌Ȑ̵̼̲̣̥̬̆͠E̴͖͐ ̵̛͈̪̤̓̔̔͜͝D̴̺̠̪̆̈E̵͎͈̲̒͒̚Ả̸̻͖̈́͒D̶̤̖̙̖̏͘.̴̡̰̬̤̃̌͘ G̸͖̰̩̳͂̿̊̓̓͌ͅE̷̛̞̍͆̇̒̀̔͝T̷͚͈̲͖̭́̉͆͗̐͋̌͝͝ ̷̻̿̾̐́̚Ŏ̶̩͕̙̝͒F̴̞͖̲̹͆̈̓̎̈́̊̆̄̚F̷̼̱̥̙̑͒̏͒̆͊͘͜͠͝ ̶̧̡̻͓͓̞̹͔̯̖̉̓O̷̢̲̞͖͍̟̥̲̲̥͌ͅF̴̤͈̱̄̃̇͗̓̇͒̑͋̆̕ͅ ̵̡̛̗̈́̈́H̶̥̉̊̒̓͛̌̊͝Ę̸͕͈͉̣̹͇̮͙̇̌̈́Ŗ̸̼̥̹̗̫̉̃̿͌̿̀́̕̕͝.̴͓̜̈́͊̇̑͆̿̓̏̚̕͠ ̶̝͎͈̺̱͍̱̺̯̟̳̍͌̎̈́̃̓͘͝

Her hand reached up. A pipe. A pipe. Maintenance was fixing something in the ceiling, and left a lot of the old hardware out for later cleanup. The one time sheer fucking laziness was a welcome instance.

Her own tiny fingers curled around it, and she swung.

CRACK.

Her whole body was on fire. Different temperatures. The blood splattering across her face didn't put any of it out; only flared them up. The flames engulfed her being, briefly veiling the despair and anguish that began to flood her core. She was no longer looking at silhouettes, and feeling distant tingles. She was back in her own memories, seeing it clear as day.

Standing up, staring at the carnage she didn't remember causing, she felt like she was floating. Weightless with disbelief.

But, as the despair weighed her back down to earth, she suddenly couldn't stop swinging that damned pipe.

Odette Tearing Up.PNG
Odette wasn't sure when she'd dropped to her knees, or when she'd become so tired. Her face wasn't contorted into a grimace; she was far too tired to put energy into that. All she could stand to do was numbly fix her gaze on the floor, as the tears streamed down her face in troves.

"Odile, why..." she managed in a cracked version of her own voice, "why did you do that? I never...I never asked you..."

Odile Sad.PNG
Odile had only cried once in her life. Ages ago. Long, long, long before she knew Odette even had the capacity to exist, But, there were second times for a lot of things, and this was one of them. No matter what she did, she couldn't make it stop, either. It must have just been involuntary.

At some point, she'd also gone down to her knees, which allowed her to put her clawed hand on Odette's shoulder. "̶H̴e̶ ̸w̶a̷s̵ ̴h̴u̷r̴t̸i̷n̴g̵ ̸y̴o̵u̵.̸ ̴I̸n̵ ̵t̴h̷e̸ ̴w̷o̵r̵s̵t̵ ̸w̷a̵y̵.̶ ̴I̷'̴v̸e̷ ̵f̶e̷l̷t̵ ̶w̷o̷r̵s̷e̸ ̴t̸h̴i̸n̸g̶s̴ ̶b̷e̷f̸o̷r̷e̵ ̷a̷n̶d̶ ̶d̶i̵d̶n̵'̷t̴ ̴w̶a̷n̴t̶ ̷y̷o̴u̷ ̸t̸o̵.̶.̷.̸"̶

She trailed off for a moment. Again at a loss for words. She knew she had problems explaining herself, but for this? She figured it out eventually, though.

"̶H̵e̶ ̶w̴o̶u̴l̸d̸ ̴h̷a̵v̵e̴ ̵k̸i̵l̷l̷e̷d̴ ̸y̵o̸u̷ ̷t̵o̵o̵.̶ ̷I̷ ̶j̴u̴s̸t̴ ̶w̷a̸n̴t̷e̶d̷ ̶t̴o̶ ̵p̶r̷o̶t̷e̸c̴t̸ ̴y̶o̴u̸.̴"̸

She was tired. Very tired. So, she leaned down and rested her forehead on Odette's shoulder.

"̴Y̵o̴u̸ ̵d̶i̴d̷n̷'̶t̵ ̶d̷e̵s̴e̶r̶v̶e̵ ̵t̵h̵a̶t̶.̵ I̷ ̴d̴i̴d̸n̵'̴t̷ ̴w̵a̶n̶t̸ ̵y̴o̵u̴ ̶t̵o̵ ̵h̷a̴v̷e̷ ̶t̶o̵.̴.̶.̶I̷ ̶d̴i̴d̴n̶'̴t̵ ̴k̵n̸o̴w̵ ̷s̸o̷m̶e̵b̸o̸d̸y̴ ̶w̴o̴u̴l̶d̸ ̵t̸r̶y̴ ̵t̷o̸ ̵g̴e̴t̴ ̸u̴s̴ ̷i̵n̶ ̸t̶r̴o̴u̶b̴l̶e̶ ̷t̷o̷o̵.̴.̵.̶"̶

Odette Tearing Up.PNG
Odette's eyes shut. She needed a moment to process the words, but couldn't quite get through them. She started to shake her head.

"Neither did you," she croaked. "And I would have bashed his head in regardless."

Gods, she was still reeling so hard from reliving her own memories that she barely had the mental capacity to unpack everything else she'd seen. Who the fuck was that Tyranitar? And a mangled kid? Eyes blinking open, she peered almost quizzically over at the girl. Did she have a Pokemon partner that just...?

Fuck.

She sniffled defiantly and began to hastily wipe her eyes. It was futile, because she wiped a tear, three more flowed down to replace it. She gave up pretty quickly, and decided to just let it happen. It was no use, anyway.

"Are you okay?" she asked the girl.

Enora Sad.PNG
Enora was silent as she wriggled herself between them and laid down. Her tendrils moved to rest on either one of their legs. She wasn't sure how much her calming aura would help in the face of a mythical's power, but the least she could do was try.

The least she could really do was let them know that she was here for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom