• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon I'm A Salanmence (Re-Posted)

BossCar

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
I'm A Salamence
Rating: T
Genre(s): Friendship, Fluff, Humor, Action​
Valen’s Salamence wants to show off his recently acquired strength, but Valen questions his own capabilities as a trainer.

(Set seven years prior to the events of Identity, There’s No Better Team, and Rosa’s Renaissance.)

No heavy concrit, would prefer to know what I did right.

This was my first one shot, and I tried it to make it reader friendly to those who haven't read my other works.

It's been years since I watched it, but a Naruto OST called Anger inspired me to write an action sequence that led to this one-shot :p

Valen and Rosa are both fifteen years old in this one shot.

There’s no nickname for Salamence, but it’s to keep consistency with the longfics. No nicknames in the longfics are due to big casts.

Floccesy Town, Floccesy Ranch, and its surroundings serve as a distinct contrast to the protruding skyline of Aspertia City in the distance. The rolling farmlands in and the countryside atmosphere is a trip back in time, for the area used to be nothing but tiny villages and farmlands. It's a lovely day, the only clouds being the wings of a flock of Altaria. The sun might be out in full force, but the weather's only mildly warm. Adding to that, this area is the perfect place for two history lovers to stroll in.

At least, it would be if the fun times weren't on hold. The air's heavy with tension on Route 20—Team Plasma have been caught trying to stir up trouble, but nobody present knows anything about the alleged Mew sightings. Not good enough for the grunts, so they're going to use force.

The grunts are surrounded on all sides, but most people lack a strong enough Pokémon on hand. But there are two people who do, and they're ready to take them all down. However, the brunette in a white top and black leggings isn't calling out a Pokémon. Her friend, a black-haired boy wearing a black Team Skull jacket and black pants, has called out a Salamence.

Salamence can't stop snarling—he just wanted to take spend time enjoying the outdoors with his trainer and his friend. This wasn't supposed to happen, but it's not like they can just let the the "dark" Team Plasma take other people's Pokémon.

There's about fifteen members and all of them have multiple Pokémon. This could go badly, but he'll take the risk. He evolved into Salamence less than two months ago, and this is a good chance to further show the world what he's now capable of.

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Valen?" The girl tugs on her friend's black jacket. "He's majorly out numbered."

"Dunno, Rosa." Valen shrugs and folds his arms. "But as his trainer, I've gotta respect his wishes." He scratches his slightly slicked hair. "Not sure what's gotten into him, though."

"That's why I didn't call out a Pokémon."

It's more than Valen not calling any of his teammates out—he sounds like he's not even going to call for any attacks. That's unusual for his trainer…does he still have doubt? He'll have to try addressing Valen's potential lingering doubt with this fight…somehow.

Salamence glares at his opponents, the lush grassy ground at the mercy of his intimidating roar. A hard flap of his wings creates a gust, and he takes to the skies.

Salamence's tail glows silver and he slams it into four charging Liepard, knocking them out of the battle royale. Another swing sends a Watchog flying into two more specimen. He singes the Watchog with a stream of swirling blue flames, kicking them out of the brawl.

A gang of Boldore and a flurry of glowing rocks? No problem, he's got Hydro Pump. Salamence fires a torrential jet stream of water that takes all of them out of the skirmish. Another stream takes down two Heatmor before they get a chance to attack. More glowing rocks are being flung Salamence's way by a Graveler. He maneuvers his way around the barrage like an acrobat, and takes down Graveler with a swing of his glowing tail.

Three Sneasel charge in with teeth that glow frost white, but his thunderous roar prevents them from going any further. A blue stream of swirling flames knocks them down. His claws proceed to glow royal blue and he slashes his way through two Watchog and two Unfezant, sending one of the Unfezant crashing into the lone Weavile that just got called out. He finishes both opponents off with another swing of his tail.

Four Cryogonal launch frost white beams, two of them nearly knocking him out of the sky. Salamence does a mid-air backup to avoid the other two, and those two Cryogonal end up striking each other. He uses Iron Tail again to fling the Cryogonal, plus two Shadow Balls, towards the Jellicent who launched the blue and black spheres. Another Iron Tail sends the sole remaining Cryogonal falling like a meteorite.

Salamence's taken by surprise and pelted by a barrage of glowing rocks from the ringleader's Gigalith. Two Boldore follow the Gigalith's lead and hurl rocks in his direction. He shuts his eyes and grunts, but he quickly regains his composure. Another Hydro Pump blasts the pair of Boldore into the ground, and Gigalith's sent stumbling by the stream.

Salamence's tail glows silver and the force of the swing sends Gigalith flying into the ringleader's Avalugg and Weezing. He soars in with his claws glowing royal blue and unleashes a merciless train of slashes. Gigalith's down and playtime's over. It's time for Dragon Pulse.

Salamence launches a sphere that becomes a dragon-shaped beam, and it further evolves into a massive white dragon with blue eyes, lengthy tail, and talon-shaped spikes running parallel on both sides of the head.

The air screams in terror as the formation barrels down upon every opposing Pokémon who's still standing. The staggering Gigalith is flung into Avalugg and Weezing and they end up in a jumbled pile on the grass. The attack also hurls two Unfezant onto a nearby riverbed.

Salamence pants, but he's got a proud grin on his face. He did it, he…actually did it.

Rosa jumps backwards with a startled expression. "W-Woah!" Her elbows are bent and her arms extend in opposite directions. "They grow up so fast!"

The grunts recall their Pokémon and try to make a hasty retreat, but they run into the hands of the other Team Plasma, the humans who want to help Pokémon. The good Team Plasma members will take care of the rest and hand the bad Team Plasma members over to those humans called police officers. That leaves him, his trainer, and Rosa to what they were doing prior to this mess.

Except….Valen's frozen with a wide-eyed stare. Is he okay? Why does he look a little…scared?

"Salamence…just how powerful…have you become?"

Wait a minute…each attack after Salamence scored a knockout looked…stronger…there's no way! Mom once told him about an uncommon ability that a Salamence can have!

"D-Did Salamence gain the ability Moxie upon evolution?!"

Took them long enough to figure out, but he didn't really remember the name. All he knew was that he's gotten stronger, and he'll keep getting stronger. He's going to be one of the greatest dragon of them all.

"Rosa, I didn't call out attacks for a reason." He grits his teeth and he rests his hands over his tightening ribs. "Am I…good enough?" He asks Rosa as quietly as possible. "Such power…does Salamence…even need me anymore?"

Despite Valen's attempt, his words reach Salamence's ears. The dragon's jaw drops and his eyes widen.

Oh no! He made it worse! …He won't let this go on for any longer. Enough about himself, he needs to tend to the human that made this newfound power a reality. He needs to tend to his family.

Valen's eyes widen upon feeling Salamence nuzzling his head into his gunmetal gray t-shirt. Both trainer and Pokémon lock eyes, the area going silent beyond a slight breeze that rustles the foliage and the melodious chirping of several Pidove.

Rosa's got her hand on his trainer's shoulder. He can't thank her enough for the support and care she's shown them. Even he's a little bit nervous of his newfound power, but he knows that with the best trainer he could've asked for, harnessing it will be a breeze.

"The bond between you two can overcome any challenge."

A smile appears on Valen's face. Thank you, Rosa." He turns towards Salamence. "You too, and I'm sorry."

His trainer doesn't need to thank him, nor does he need to apologize. He just needs to be happy and the team will be satisfied.

Rosa leans closer to Valen with her hands behind her back. "Soooooo, wasn't that awesome?"

"Yes it was." Valen's smile turns into a big grin. "That was super awesome, Salamence!" He jumps up and down. "That's my boy!"

"You were sooooo cooooool!" Rosa pats the dragon's head like she's drumming. "Who's a good big dragon?! Is it you?!" Her tone's higher-pitched. "It is you!"

Salamence closes his eyes and give them a big grin. That's right, give him all of the pets.

He's the bestest dragon of them all, so where is ball? WHERE IS BALL?! He wants to play with a bouncy ball! …Aw, that'll have to wait until they return to Rosa's house. Bring the ball next time, Valen.

"Kaaay, I've decided!" Rosa folds her palms and closes her eyes. "Salamence, you and Valey have inspired me to raise my own dragon!" She re-opens and narrow her eyes, her grin now lopsided and cocky. "Hydreigon."

Valen backs up with a wide-eyed stare. "H-H-Hy-Hydreigon?!" His mouth drops open. "Rosa, that's said to be the most difficult Pokémon to tame!"

"That's why I want a go at it." Rosa places her hands on her hips. "I'm the queen, remember?"

"….I should've expected this from you." Valen's eyes light up and his grin makes an encore. "This is gonna be so awesome!"

"I knoooow right, they can be dragon buddies!" Valen makes Rosa bust a move with her. "Buddies buddies, dragon buddies!" She giggles as her long bangs keep bopping his face.

His trainer's confused expression will never get old. Valen should be used to this by now. Maybe he's used to it, but he's being silly about it.

"Tee-hee, I'm going to paint a portrait of Salamence in the style of Leonardo's Portrait of a Milotic!"

Excellent suggestion, the humans know a thing or two about immortalizing cool Pokémon like him. However, his trainer should be in the portrait too. Valen's the reason he evolved into a Salamence. It was more than pride—he wanted to make Valen happy by winning.

"Maybe Salamence will get a Milotic as his girlfriend one day!" Valen howls and smacks a knee. "Can you imagine him giving a Milotic roses?!"

"Oh my gooooosh, that would be the cutest thing ever!" Rosa tilts her head back with her eyes closed and her palms under her chin. "It needs to happen!"

Pffft, as if that will ever happen. Imagine if he actually developed a crush on a Milotic...he sealed his fate, didn't he? At least this silliness is making them happy.

Salamence closes his eyes, basking in the pleasant breeze that tingles him. His dream has finally come true. He can soar up high in the sky and bring countless victories for Valen and his team.

He won't let his family down.

Top Bottom