• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

I wrote a guide for Pokemon fic!

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
I wrote this guide to writing pokemon fic that I thought I'd share as a resource. It covers character creation and world-building with quite a bit of depth and grazes over some other stuff. It includes bunches of writing prompts too, some of them illustrated.

If you write something for one of the prompts, feel free to post here! Hope you find it useful and motivational. ❤

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Thanks for sharing this! It's nice to see a writing guide that focuses on accessibility and explaining why certain things work rather than just saying "don't do x." And the fun, conversational tone was super engaging too--I read the whole thing in one go, haha

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
@Chibi Pika Thank you!! I’m glad it read well for you. Basically, I read Wonderbook and it made me realize why I’d struggled with a 2018 draft of something. I wanted to articulate what I’d learned and package it in a way that might appeal to the fandom, because I know sometimes we get our blinders on.

Top Bottom