• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Hunger Switch Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Jade glanced between the two of them, unsure if it would be rude to ask what the deal was with the nonhuman double with the creepy voice. The sort of voice that maybe would have been terrifying if it weren't paired with such a goofy expression.

She settled on just saying, "My name's Jade, by the way."
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette noticed the way the girl glanced between her and Odile, and wondered if she should bother launching into her explanation. But, it felt much too early for it. They didn't even know each other's names yet. Well, for the moment at least.

"Oh, I'm Odette," she replied, placing her hand on her chest. She then pointed to Odile. "This is Odile." Then gestured to Enora. "And Enora."

Enora Neutral Grin.PNG
"Pleased to meet you, Jade. And...?" She eyed the Pikachu, unsure of what to refer to them as.

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
"̶W̸a̴n̴t̷ ̸m̵e̸ ̵t̵o̶ ̴r̸e̷a̸d̵ ̵y̶o̴u̶r̸ ̶f̷o̷r̶t̶u̴n̶e̶ ̸i̸n̵ ̷m̷y̷ ̴t̷e̸e̴t̸h̷?̷"̶

Odette Deadpan w Sweatdrop.PNG
"You are not going to be doing this all day, dude."

Odile Beaming.PNG
"̴O̴k̶a̴y̴,̵ ̴b̶u̶t̶ ̶d̵i̷d̶ ̸y̷o̶u̶ ̸k̸n̵o̸w̷ ̵t̴h̴e̴y̸'̵r̷e̴ ̵a̷l̷s̸o̸ ̴e̸d̸i̴b̶l̶e̶?̶"̷

She picked one up off the table and tossed it in her mouth. The CRUNCH that rang out as she bit into it caused her to frown. Nonetheless, she kept chewing.

Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"̴S̵a̶l̴t̶y̷.̷"̷ More chewing. ̷"̷W̵a̵i̸t̸,̷ ̷i̴t̴'̵s̷ ̷s̶t̴i̴l̷l̸ ̸s̵p̵e̴a̴k̴i̴n̷g̶ ̷t̷o̴ ̸m̴e̸.̵.̶.̸"̸

She touched her fingers to her temples, as if she were going to perform some telekinetic miracle or something of the sort.

Odile Beaming.PNG
"̶I̵t̵'̴s̷ ̶s̵a̶y̵i̴n̶g̶ ̵T̸H̷E̸Y̴ ̴C̴A̸L̶L̴ ̶M̷E̵ ̷C̵A̶R̶D̵I̴,̴ ̴B̴A̸R̶D̶I̴,̸ ̶B̷A̴N̴G̴I̴N̸'̴ ̶B̵O̴D̶Y̴,̴ ̵S̸P̷I̸C̶Y̴ ̷M̴O̴M̷M̶Y̷,̵ ̶H̵O̷T̸ ̵T̵A̴M̶A̸L̸E̵-̵-̵"̴

As Odile was speaking, Odette picked up a fork and stabbed a piece of a waffle on it. She didn't hesitate to shove it into the demon's mouth, effectively silencing her song.

"Eat your fucking breakfast, Grudge."

She waited a moment to let Odile chew, making doubly sure she wasn't going to start talking again, before sighing. Change the subject off of Odile and her bullshit, quickly.

"So," she said stiffly. "Is your partner some...neat region variant from your world? Never seen a Pikachu that looks like your friend."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Oh right, this is Nine," Jade added quickly, gesturing to the Pikachu who was staring at Odile's display with a sort of disturbed fascination. "And uh, bit of a long story, but he's not exactly normal, even where we come from." It was weird how easy it was to say, now that she was far, far away from everything Team Rocket. "He's, uh... actually a genetic experiment. To be honest, I usually tell people he's a regional variant, because it's easier that way, but it seems like pretty much everyone here has had some involvement with weird Pokemon, so... yeah."

Present company included...

Nine's birdlike stare was still fixed on Odile. "*What are you?*" he asked.

Jade almost smacked her forehead. Because that was a good thing to ask someone.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
To be honest, I usually tell people he's a regional variant, because it's easier that way, but it seems like pretty much everyone here has had some involvement with weird Pokemon, so... yeah."
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette had to bite her tongue to keep from scoffing. She settled for chugging a little more of her latte. "Preaching to the choir on that." She had to wonder if a genetically engineered 'mon was any less or more of a pain in the ass than a legendary. Nine looked to be relatively well-behaved. Or, maybe he just had better table manners than he did social manners.

"Yeah I can see how telling people he's a regional variant would be easier to get through. Wonder why I didn't think of that..."

She could have just told people Odile was some Tangela or Woobat variant. But then how would she be able to explain her ability to shapeshift into that uncanny form? Or how she got most of her power from blood?

Mm, that was why. Hard to sell the regional variant thing when a whole different typing was involved.

Nine's birdlike stare was still fixed on Odile. "*What are you?*" he asked.
She blinked in surprise at the Pikachu--Nine, apparently--speaking suddenly. He was curious about them in return. "Ah, well--"

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
It was Odile's turn to cover Odette's mouth with her hand. Payback for the other five or so times it had happened since they got there. With her free hand, pulled the fork out of her mouth and politely sat it down on her plate.

"̸H̵e̷ ̸w̸a̵s̷ ̵t̸a̷l̶k̷i̴n̸g̷ ̶t̶o̸ ̴m̸e̴,̷ ̸b̷i̵t̵c̸h̴.̴"̵

She then proceeded to rest her chin in her palms, offering remnants of what was probably supposed to be a polite smile.

"̷I̵'̶m̷ ̷a̴ ̸l̴e̵e̴e̴e̸e̷g̷e̸n̴d̷a̴r̴y̶,̴"̸ she cooed. "̵T̵h̸e̴ ̵o̶n̸e̶,̶ ̴t̵h̷e̴ ̶o̶n̷l̸y̵,̴ ̴P̶o̵k̵e̸m̵o̴n̸ ̶o̸f̵ ̵s̸h̵e̶e̶r̷ ̶W̷r̵a̷t̷h̵.̵"̵

Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly as she regarded Nine, looking him up and down. She released one hand to rub her upper lip quizzically.

"̴A̵l̷s̸o̸,̵ ̴a̵m̵ ̶I̷ ̵t̷r̴i̸p̷p̸i̶n̷g̶ ̷m̶a̷d̸ ̵b̸a̷l̴l̶s̶,̴ ̴o̵r̶ ̶d̸o̵ ̴y̷o̵u̶ ̴l̸o̴o̸k̴ ̶l̴i̵k̴e̸ ̶a̴ ̸Z̷a̴p̶d̵o̸s̴ ̵l̶o̷v̶e̸c̴h̸i̵l̴d̵?̴ ̴I̸ ̶d̸i̷d̴n̶'̷t̵ ̵t̷h̶i̶n̶k̵ ̵t̴h̶e̶r̶e̵ ̶w̶e̴r̷e̶ ̷a̵n̵y̷ ̸d̴r̵u̸g̸s̸ ̴i̸n̴ ̸t̴h̴o̸s̶e̷ ̶t̷e̸e̵t̷h̵.̸.̴.̷"̷

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Okay, Jade was prepared to not be surprised to meet people here who had met Legendaries. She was not prepared to meet someone accompanied by a Legendary.

"You're a Legendary?" she blurted out. While also reaallly hoping that it wasn't a joke. "I've... never heard of a Legendary of wrath before."

Nine tilted his head at the bizarre legend that took the form of a human, apparently trying to figure her out. "*I was mixed with Zapdos. Why do you look like a human?*"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"You're a Legendary?" she blurted out. While also reaallly hoping that it wasn't a joke. "I've... never heard of a Legendary of wrath before."
Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
Odile very clearly got a huge kick out of Jade's apparent excitement. This was showcased by the widening of her smile. Because yes, that was the correct reaction, always.

She held her hand out to Jade as if looking to shake. "̶V̴e̶n̷i̸r̶a̵,̷ ̶P̸o̴k̴e̴m̷o̵n̸ ̷o̷f̶ ̵W̷r̵a̷t̵h̸.̷ ̴B̸u̸t̴ ̸y̵o̷u̵ ̶c̵a̶n̸ ̸c̴a̵l̶l̸ ̴m̵e̷ ̷O̴d̸i̸l̴e̴,̸ ̵p̶e̸r̴ ̵m̴y̴ ̶v̸e̵s̸s̵e̵l̵.̴ ̶C̵h̶a̸r̶m̴e̵d̷ ̷I̴'̸m̶ ̵s̴u̶r̵e̶.̷"̷

Enora Deadpan.PNG
"Oh, so now you have manners. When somebody wants to fawn over a legendary."

Odile Beaming.PNG
"̵D̵o̴n̸'̸t̸ ̸m̸i̸n̷d̵ ̴t̸h̶a̷t̸ ̵s̸e̸n̴t̵i̴e̷n̸t̸ ̴b̷a̷l̵l̵ ̷o̶f̸ ̸b̷a̵r̸g̵a̴i̶n̸ ̶b̶i̸n̷ ̴r̶i̵b̶b̷o̸n̵s̸ ̶o̴v̸e̶r̶ ̷t̵h̶e̶r̵e̸,̷ ̴s̷h̸e̸'̵s̵ ̸j̴u̷s̷t̶ ̵j̶e̵a̵l̷o̴u̵s̵.̷"̷

Enora Angry Frown.PNG
"Alright, if you're going to act like a lady at least give it 100% you heathen," Enora hissed.

"Guys, seriously?"

She began to tap her nails on the table, as if that would do something to stop the girls from bickering. "I don't think you would. So far, she's only existed in my world. I have the distinguished honor of getting to know her species and type personally."

Nine tilted his head at the bizarre legend that took the form of a human, apparently trying to figure her out. "*I was mixed with Zapdos. Why do you look like a human?*"
Odette Startled.PNG
As Nine spoke again, Odette found her focus back on him. "Zapdos, that's what it is," she said, as if she'd just been told the answer to a complicated riddle she was trying to solve. "I don't know too much about the elemental legends, but I knew you looked like something."

Odile Sparkle Eyes.PNG
"̵O̴h̴,̶ ̶I̷ ̶F̸U̵C̵K̴ ̴w̵i̸t̷h̵ ̸Z̴a̴p̵d̴o̵s̴!̵ ̶W̶h̵a̷t̵ ̷a̵ ̷f̸u̵c̵k̵i̵n̶g̶ ̸m̶e̴n̸a̶c̸e̴!̴"̵ she said.

Odile Smug.PNG
"̶B̷u̴t̴ ̵w̷e̶ ̶t̶a̷u̵g̶h̸t̸ ̸'̴i̴m̵ ̸e̶v̶e̶r̴y̶t̷h̷i̸n̸g̶ ̸h̷e̷ ̴k̸n̵o̶w̸s̶,̸ ̷s̶o̸.̷.̵.̸"̴

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
At the follow up question, her smugness only grew. "̶W̷h̷y̶ ̸a̷m̶ ̸I̶ ̴h̴u̸m̶a̵n̵?̷ ̶B̴e̷c̷a̵u̸s̴e̸ ̷t̴h̵e̴ ̴h̶u̶m̶a̴n̵ ̵f̷o̶r̵m̶ ̸i̸s̷ ̴v̷e̶r̷y̸ ̴c̴o̸m̵f̶y̶.̴"̶ Only like this, though. Not literally, no. If she could help it, she never wanted to switch bodies with a human ever again. But, she wouldn't get into that; this was supposed to be a GOOD conversation.

Odile Bat.PNG
With a wave of her hand, she reduced herself back to her typical form. "̷T̴h̵i̴s̵ ̶o̵n̶e̴'̵s̸ ̶f̷u̵n̸ ̵b̷e̶c̴a̷u̶s̷e̷ ̸i̶t̴ ̴h̶a̵s̴ ̴w̷i̷n̴g̸s̵.̸ ̸B̶u̷t̶ ̶I̴ ̷c̸a̸n̷ ̷h̷o̸v̸e̷r̸ ̷i̴n̵ ̵b̵o̶t̶h̵.̴"̷

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
Another wave. "̶I̵ ̴c̵o̴u̷l̷d̷ ̴s̴h̴i̶f̵t̵ ̷i̶n̶t̶o̵ ̶a̸l̵l̶ ̴m̸y̶ ̷p̸a̵s̵t̴ ̷v̷e̵s̴s̵e̵l̷s̴ ̸i̸f̴ ̵I̶ ̴r̶e̸a̷l̷l̸y̸ ̴w̷a̸n̷t̵e̸d̸ ̵t̶o̷,̴ ̷b̷u̶t̷ ̵I̵ ̵h̴a̸v̴e̷n̷'̸t̸ ̵d̶o̵n̷e̵ ̷i̶t̸ ̴i̴n̷ ̴a̷ ̷w̴h̴i̸l̷e̶.̷"̴ She paused in brief thought, before poking Odette's shoulder. "̵I̵ ̸a̵l̶s̵o̸ ̵h̷a̴v̵e̵ ̸a̷ ̶b̷i̶g̸g̴e̶r̴,̴ ̵s̸c̸a̸r̷i̵e̵r̵ ̷f̸o̸r̸m̶,̶ ̴b̵u̶t̵ ̵s̵h̸e̸ ̷n̴e̷e̶d̵s̷ ̵t̵o̸ ̸g̶i̵v̴e̸ ̸m̸e̸ ̴b̵l̷o̸o̴d̴ ̷f̶o̵r̴ ̵i̵t̵.̵"̵

"Which you're not getting today. Keep riding the victory of yesterday's battle."

She turned back to Jade. "Sorry. That sounded a lot worse than it is. Her type just...requires some sanguinity to battle at full potential. It's a lot to explain, but that's the gist. There's no real 'easier' way to explain that much."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Well, that sure was a lot to take in. Not so much the idea of someone being partnered with a Legendary--that part was normal, or whatever passed for normal these days. No, it was more the fact that Odile was... not exactly what Jade was used to.

...She realized too late that she was staring again.

Jade rubbed the back of her head. "Sorry, I'm just not used to--that is, the Legendaries in my world are a lot more..."--what was a good word--"...serious?" Well, that wasn't the best way to put it, but.

Nine mostly looked perplexed, though his ears did prick at the mention that Odile had trained with Zapdos. "*So you're strong, then.*"

Jade had the uncomfortable feeling that she'd be finding herself battling Odile at some point. She hastily changed course: "Um, I didn't really catch what you meant by 'vessel' exactly."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Jade rubbed the back of her head. "Sorry, I'm just not used to--that is, the Legendaries in my world are a lot more..."--what was a good word--"...serious?" Well, that wasn't the best way to put it, but.
Odette Deadpan.PNG
"No, no, that's extremely valid. I've never met a less serious Pokemon in my entire life," Odette said reassuringly.

Odile Thinking.PNG
"̵T̵h̷a̶t̶'̵s̴ ̴n̸o̷t̵ ̸t̵r̴u̴e̸,̶ ̶I̴'̸m̷ ̷v̷e̴r̵y̴ ̶p̶a̶s̷s̸i̸o̴n̵a̶t̸e̷ ̵a̶b̴o̵u̶t̴ ̵t̷h̴e̵ ̸a̸r̶t̸ ̸o̸f̷ ̷m̴a̸k̶i̶n̶g̷ ̴p̷e̶o̸p̶l̴e̷ ̶s̴c̵r̶e̴a̸m̶ ̴a̷t̷ ̷e̵a̴c̴h̸ ̵o̴t̸h̶e̶r̴.̵ ̸A̷n̴d̴ ̸b̴l̸o̷o̴d̸s̸h̵e̸d̸.̵'̴

Nine mostly looked perplexed, though his ears did prick at the mention that Odile had trained with Zapdos. "*So you're strong, then.*"
Odile Scary 2.PNG
She perked up a little more at the insinuation. Her expression became much more diabolical.

"̷Y̴o̷u̵ ̴k̶n̵o̸w̷ ̵i̴t̵,̶ ̸m̷o̷t̵h̷e̴r̷f̵u̶c̵k̴e̵r̷.̵"̶

Jade had the uncomfortable feeling that she'd be finding herself battling Odile at some point. She hastily changed course: "Um, I didn't really catch what you meant by 'vessel' exactly."
Odette Deadpan.PNG
Odette suddenly wanted to change the subject. She wasn't entirely keen on where the 'mon conversation was headed. The subject change was entirely welcome, even though the topic was bound to give her a headache.

"Her typing...requires something to tether to, if that makes sense." She began to fidget with her latte cup. "Odile's what's known, in my world, as a blood type. She tethers herself to a vessel and is powered up off their blood. In this case, that vessel is yours truly."

She made herself take one last sip.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
The explanation was at the same time bizarre and unfamiliar, yet... uncannily familiar. Jade scooped up a bit of her omelette, mulling over what to say. "So it's like you two are tied together, huh?" Human and legend, tied by blood. Was it really all that different than being tied by spirit?

"Well, we definitely don't have anything like a blood type where I'm from," Jade began, tracing the edge of her plate with her spoon. "But, um... the whole, being tied to a Legendary thing... isn't so strange to me." She forced an awkward smile. "I just... don't have mine here with me."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"So it's like you two are tied together, huh?" Human and legend, tied by blood. Was it really all that different than being tied by spirit?

"Well, we definitely don't have anything like a blood type where I'm from," Jade began, tracing the edge of her plate with her spoon. "But, um... the whole, being tied to a Legendary thing... isn't so strange to me." She forced an awkward smile. "I just... don't have mine here with me."
Odette Neutral.PNG
"More or less, yeah," she replied. "Shared a body for a couple years and all that..."

Her brows bounced up at what Jade had to say next. She actually felt her heart leap with them, too. Somebody else? Tied to a legendary? Not the exact same thing, but definitely in the same realm.

"Really?" she said, doing the most to not sound so intrigued. Or hopeful. "I take it it's not Nine, then?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Sharing a body? Now that would be weird.

"Yeah, I uh... I sort of got myself bound to Lugia last month," Jade replied, chuckling weakly. "It's not exactly by blood, it's more like... by souls? Lugia doesn't believe in souls, but um... I don't really know how else to describe it. Usually we have a psychic link, but I haven't been able to hear it since coming here. Just another thing that sort of feels off, I guess." She rubbed her arm, suddenly aware of how... lonely it felt.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Yeah, I uh... I sort of got myself bound to Lugia last month," Jade replied, chuckling weakly. "It's not exactly by blood, it's more like... by souls? Lugia doesn't believe in souls, but um... I don't really know how else to describe it. Usually we have a psychic link, but I haven't been able to hear it since coming here. Just another thing that sort of feels off, I guess." She rubbed her arm, suddenly aware of how... lonely it felt.
Odette Startled.PNG
"Lugia?"
Enora Frown.PNG
"Lugia?"
Odile Sparkle Eyed.PNG
"̶L̶U̷G̷I̸A̷?̸ H̴O̶W̷'̸D̵ ̸T̶H̸A̶T̵ ̸H̷A̴P̵P̶E̸N̷?̴ ̵W̸H̸Y̵ ̸D̴I̵D̶N̸'̸T̷ ̷Y̷O̸U̴ ̷B̶R̷I̵N̵G̸ ̴'̸I̶M̵?̷"̵
"I'm sure it'd be considerably harder to get a sea god onto a boat than it would be a fun sized wrath entity like you."
Odile Smug.PNG
"̸N̵o̵t̵ ̸w̸i̸t̶h̷ ̵t̸h̴a̵t̵ ̷f̴u̸c̷k̶i̸n̶g̴ ̶a̵t̴t̶i̵t̶u̷d̶e̴.̴"̴
Odette Thinking.PNG
Ignoring her, Odette's eyes moved down to the table as she slipped into a short thought. "Souls doesn't necessarily sound that different. Odile and I can speak silently too, if need be."

She frowned deeply; suddenly. "Yeah, just throw it onto the pile. Island of absolute bullshit, I'll tell you," she grumbled. "And I thought Alola was bad." A shake of her head. "I assume you haven't seen anything case breaking yet, have you?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
The idea of somehow managing to bring Lugia here was a hilarious one, at least. See how Lugia reacted to a world where legends just casually hung out with humans sometimes, none of the cloak and dagger.

"I haven't found anything yet, no," Jade admitted. "I sort of feel out of my element. I'm used to investigating situations where we already know who's responsible, but not what they're planning." Some people on the island had already managed to meet some of the mythicals even, and here Jade was feeling sorry for herself.

"*We should at least try to talk to Latios and Latias,*" Nine said pointedly.

Jade sighed. "Yeah, maybe." She finished off the rest of her food and glanced back at Odette. "So, um... you two, it sounded like you've been bonded for a long time?" A lot longer than her and Lugia.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I haven't found anything yet, no," Jade admitted. "I sort of feel out of my element. I'm used to investigating situations where we already know who's responsible, but not what they're planning."
Odette Thinking.PNG
"I get it," she said. "I sort of feel the same. It's fifty-fifty, actually."

She guessed for a while, when her and Noel were looking into the whole sacrilege crisis, they didn't know for certain who was behind it. They had a damn good idea, though. So yeah. Same thing.
"*We should at least try to talk to Latios and Latias,*" Nine said pointedly.

Jade sighed. "Yeah, maybe." She finished off the rest of her food and glanced back at Odette. "So, um... you two, it sounded like you've been bonded for a long time?" A lot longer than her and Lugia.
Odette Neutral.PNG
She wanted to sigh at the idea of going after another mythical. She'd already had her fun with Manaphy, and was now set on hunting Jirachi today. Latias and Latios might have something else to offer, too. She suddenly began to wonder if Kimiko went to look for Celebi...

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
"̷Y̴e̶s̴ ̵b̵i̷t̶c̷h̴.̴ ̷T̴w̷e̶n̶t̷y̴-̷f̵i̷v̷e̴ ̵f̶a̶n̸t̶a̵s̷t̸i̸c̵a̸l̶l̸y̵ ̷l̴o̷n̷g̸ ̷f̸u̶c̴k̴i̴n̷g̶ ̴y̶e̵a̸r̴s̴.̸"̸ Odile chirped. "̸B̷y̸ ̷d̶e̵f̴i̶n̵i̶t̷i̶o̶n̵,̸ ̶I̷ ̸a̵m̸ ̷h̶e̸r̵ ̴o̷l̶d̷e̷s̸t̶ ̶a̴n̵d̸ ̶l̶o̶n̴g̴e̴s̸t̷ ̶p̴a̵r̶t̶n̸e̵r̵,̵ ̸S̵U̴C̸K̶ ̸O̵N̶ ̷T̷H̸A̷T̵.̴"̴ she hollered, jabbing her finger toward Enora.

Enora Unamused.PNG
"Yes, Odile, we've gone over this several times already."

Odette Deadpan.PNG
"Yeah, that's a slight understatement," she answered. "Odile stuck herself to me as I was born." She briefly mulled over how to explain that, tapping her cheek in the process. "In some really weird, fucked up way, her and the others like her run in my lovely family. My brother is the vessel for her brother."

She wanted to continue to speak, but her phone suddenly buzzed. Her brow furrowed, and she pulled the device out of her pocket to look it over. After a second of reading, her face took on a more perplexed look as she sunk into her seat. "What."

Enora Frown.PNG
"Are you alright?"

Odette Sus.PNG
It was a few moments before she spoke again. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just really fucking confused." She sent a glance toward Nine. "You might not need to worry about finding Latios and Latias for the moment. Looks like they spoke to one of our own last night..."

Her expression grew progressively more disgruntled the more she looked over the text. It was good that they'd relayed some information to him and whatever, but something about it didn't make an inkling of goddamn sense. She'd been at the arena all fucking day yesterday; even battled somebody and won. She was a champion just like him, too. Why'd they seek him out specifically to relay this info? What was the connection there?

However, it suddenly dawned on her that there might have been some misplaced information in that text. She vividly remembered catching sight of him and Aggron going in, even though it seemed like they were trying to stay out of sight...

She scoffed, and with a shake of her head, she showed the text she received from Hazel to both Jade and Nine. "Are you in this group chat? I haven't seen any messages from either of you, so I assume not. I can add you if you want; stay a little more in the know. Maybe it'll make you feel a little more 'in element.'"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Since you were born?" Jade echoed, eyes wide. It was staggering just to think about. "Yeah, uh... I've only been linked with Lugia for a little over a month. I guess that's why you understand each other so well, huh?" She wondered if she and Lugia would ever get the chance to know each other that well.

Jade read through the text that Odette was showing her. "Whoa, seriously? Steven met Latios and Latias?" Now she wanted to talk with him even more than before. "I... probably should be in the chat, yeah," she added sheepishly. That would explain why she felt so out of the loop.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Since you were born?" Jade echoed, eyes wide. It was staggering just to think about. "Yeah, uh... I've only been linked with Lugia for a little over a month. I guess that's why you understand each other so well, huh?" She wondered if she and Lugia would ever get the chance to know each other that well.
Odette Deadpan.PNG
"Understand might be a bit of an overstatement."

Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
Odile was chewing on another Sharpedo tooth. Now she looked content. "̷T̸h̵i̵s̶ ̸m̵i̵g̴h̵t̵ ̵b̷e̶a̸t̷ ̴o̵u̴t̴ ̶l̴e̷t̴t̸u̴c̷e̸ ̷h̴e̶a̵d̵s̵ ̷a̴n̸d̷ ̶c̸o̵m̵m̵u̸n̸i̵o̷n̷ ̸w̵a̶f̴e̵r̷s̴ ̶f̶o̵r̸ ̵m̸y̷ ̸f̷a̸v̸o̸r̴i̷t̸e̷ ̴t̸e̷e̴t̷h̴i̴n̵g̸ ̶s̵n̷a̵c̵k̵.̵"̵

Odette Deadpan.PNG
"...right."
Jade read through the text that Odette was showing her. "Whoa, seriously? Steven met Latios and Latias?" Now she wanted to talk with him even more than before. "I... probably should be in the chat, yeah," she added sheepishly. That would explain why she felt so out of the loop.
Odette Sus.PNG
"I guess he did," she said. Or he was the one who got attacked.

Maybe she'd have to ask him herself.

She shook off the thought and handed her phone to Jade. "Here, put your number in and I'll get you added in. The more the merrier. And probably more useful."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jade accepted the phone with a low murmur of "Thanks" and then typed her Pokégear number in. She still wasn't entirely sure how a bunch of phones from different worlds could all use the same cell service here, but she decided not to think too hard about it.

"Come to think of it, Laura mentioned the group chat a few time, but I, uh... kept forgetting to join. So yeah, thanks again," Jade said sheepishly.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Come to think of it, Laura mentioned the group chat a few time, but I, uh... kept forgetting to join. So yeah, thanks again," Jade said sheepishly.
Odette Bigger Smiles.PNG
"Oh, I know Laura," she said fondly. Her expression briefly grew minutely distraught as she remembered. "I should shoot her a text sometime, good gods..."

She rolled her eyes as she rubbed her forehead, before pocketing her phone once more. "Anyway, no problem. I'd rather nobody else from our group got snatched, so I'm glad you're in the know now."

She smiled in a more friendly fashion. "From one legend-bound-trainer to another, let me know if you see anything. We've got to watch each other's backs at this point, you know?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Right, it wasn't just the trainers from the first group that were vanishing now. That was... definitely something Jade didn't like thinking about.

Nine scoffed quietly. "*This isn't our first time dealing with a dangerous enemy.*"

Jade sighed. "Maybe not, but we still need to be careful. All of us. Though I can't say I wouldn't be feeling a lot safer if I had my legend here," she added with a chuckle, glancing at Odile.

Not that Lugia would be all that helpful for figuring out who the culprit was. With her luck, the Legendary would end up Hyper Beam-ing some random building.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette tried not to laugh. She really did. Some bitter snickers managed to escape anyway. “You and me both, Nine,” she said.

As for Jade, she could empathize with that too. A powerful legendary was tethered to her very being, but all said legendary seemed to give a shit about was causing problems on purpose and reading fortunes out of teeth.

Still, though. Odile had saved her life more than once. If it came down to it, Odette knew she’d do it again.

“̸T̴h̴a̵t̸’̸s̷ ̷f̵i̷n̴e̷,̸”̴ Odile smirked. ̴“̵T̶h̷e̴r̵e̸’̷s̴ ̴o̸n̵l̶y̷ ̴r̴o̷o̷m̵ ̶f̴o̷r̷ ̴o̷n̶e̶ ̶l̸e̶g̵e̸n̸d̵a̷r̸y̵ ̵o̸n̵ ̴t̸h̵i̷s̷ ̸i̵s̸l̴a̷n̸d̸ ̵a̸n̷y̴w̶a̵y̷.̶”̷

<><><><><><><>​

Day 6 - Science And Heroism Can Make A Good Combo, Right?

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb went to the cafe after getting Zack healed back to tip-top shape. He felt he needed to be somewhere with a calmer atmosphere to relax, especially with the mystery still being open. "You know, guys," he told his birds as they took their seats, "as happy as I am that we have Zack in his final form, I still feel like we don't exactly have a guaranteed victory. We don't know who or what we're dealing with--it might even be a Legend. We're gonna have to be with everyone once they reveal themselves and attack." He placed an elbow on the table and rested his head onto his hand. He sighed. "Steven... I hope you can help us."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom