• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Hunger Switch Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
This low key building has been designed to evoke nostalgic vibes. The inside feels like a cheerful cafeteria, constantly filled with inviting aromas and often the chatter of trainers. Wide circular tables dot the open floor space, leaving enough room for even large pokemon to fit around them, as well as rectangular tables stretching across small pools to accommodate water types, and perches available for flying types.

***​

Day 1 - Breakfast Time!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Come morning, all seemed surprisingly peaceful. Trainers who had requested it would receive a courtesy wake-up call for breakfast at the cafe. A few trainers were already present, quietly enjoying their meals.

The young girl and her Drampa from the previous evening could be seen at the far side of the cafe, although she seemed subdued from yesterday, and worry creased Drampa's face. Xavian seemed to be having an animated discussion with a girl and her Fearow, and the Swampert trainer was finishing off his meal, while his Swampert eyed the Alakazam with an unreadable expression.

Ever watchful, Amara carried on a murmured conversation with Honzo. A keen eyed Officer Jenny and her Manectric partner can be seen seated near the entrance.

So it begins! As of today, consider investigation powers and the suspicion mechanic active. At any time, you may ping me to interact with an NPC or use an investigation power, and I will reply as soon as I'm able. For a full explanation, please see the rules and mechanics page. You may now also find a full list of interactable NPC’s on that page. At this point, I recommend you as a player should keep an eye out for anything that seems suspicious, unusual, curious, interesting or so forth.
A reminder that Intimidate will raise suspicion more than the other actions. You have one ‘free’ investigation action per day, per player (not per character). Subsequent ones on the same day will increase suspicion ‘exponentially’. I’ll inform folks if their suspicion is rising too high.

Consider this post an optional group scene if you want your characters to interact, or talk to an NPC, or chill in the cafe. You may also ping me if you want a NPC scene elsewhere

Otherwise, the Island is open and folks are free to explore and have one-on-one scenes! Have fun!

Day 1 End Countdown

Last edited:

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
One particular "trainer" had woken up much earlier than the others. Ayumi was currently sitting at a nearby table, enjoying a coffee and simple breakfast. Vera had taken to sitting on the table in an alert position. She was on the lookout for two specific things: any potential challengers and any and all bacon bits that came close to Ayumi's plate.

Ayumi's shadow quivered. Every time it did, the food on the plates of several others seemed to vanish more quickly than normal...

Ayumi hoped that she wouldn't come across the lunatics who tore up the cruise ship. If only for Vera's sake.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes made sure to take a seat as far away from everyone else as possible.

…Well, fine, not too far. The odd tension surrounding some of the people here were not lost on him, so he casually took a seat in a corner that was a healthy distance from most, but just close enough to be within earshot of their flamboyant host—Xavion? Xaviar? Whatever.

“Keep your eyes and ears open, all right?” he murmured to his Pokémon. Both of them were face-deep in a plate of bacon and eggs, but at least Novo acknowledged him with a twitch of his ears.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Good morning, Kunolo Island!” Seb exclaimed cheerfully, entering the cafe with his jacket and jeans. His humanoid Farfetch’d partner walked behind him, waving a wing in greeting. “Any chance we’ll be able to get some pancakes here?”
One particular "trainer" had woken up much earlier than the others. Ayumi was currently sitting at a nearby table, enjoying a coffee and simple breakfast. Vera had taken to sitting on the table in an alert position. She was on the lookout for two specific things: any potential challengers and any and all bacon bits that came close to Ayumi's plate.

Ayumi's shadow quivered. Every time it did, the food on the plates of several others seemed to vanish more quickly than normal...

Ayumi hoped that she wouldn't come across the lunatics who tore up the cruise ship. If only for Vera's sake.
Jack noticed the rather pudgy Bulbasaur nearby. Her defensive position made him a bit wary. The little thing seemed quite aggressive for some reason. Maybe she was protecting her Trainer? He poked Seb’s leg a few times, signaling towards the table the Bulbasaur stood on.

Seb gasped in delight when he saw Vera. “Bulbasaur!” He approached the table and bowed courtly to the woman beside the Bulbasaur. “Good morning, miss. May I sit with you?”

“Good morning,” Jack said to Vera, keeping his distance.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

…Well, fine, not too far. The odd tension surrounding some of the people here were not lost on him, so he casually took a seat in a corner that was a healthy distance from most, but just close enough to be within earshot of their flamboyant host—Xavion? Xaviar? Whatever.

“Keep your eyes and ears open, all right?” he murmured to his Pokémon. Both of them were face-deep in a plate of bacon and eggs, but at least Novo acknowledged him with a twitch of his ears.
Though Xavian wasn’t speaking loud, he didn’t seem to be making any effort to talk quiet either. If one strained, they could just make out the conversation, which seemed like a casual chat with a young trainer with brown hair who looked in her teens.

“So you’re saying it's all different universes? And Hoopa- er, Orzo can travel between them?” The girl nodded to herself thoughtfully, her Fearow mimicking the action from its spot on a perch.

Xavian nodded. “Precisely right, Ms Windi. I was astounded as you were when Hoopa showed me his powers. Splendid, are they not?”

Fearow chirped and bobbed its head. “Wow,” Windi murmured. “I wonder if there’s more me’s out there... Is everyone here from different universes then?”

Xavian frowned briefly in thought before speaking. “Correct! I believe most everyone may be.”

“Wow...” Windi breathed. She turned to her Fearow. “I’m gonna have to talk to the others more, see what their worlds are like, huh?”

Fearow gave a soft cry of affirmation.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Seb gasped in delight when he saw Vera. “Bulbasaur!” He approached the table and bowed courtly to the woman beside the Bulbasaur. “Good morning, miss. May I sit with you?”
Ayumi looked up from her coffee. She shrugged slightly. "Well, I see no harm in it. Pleasure meeting you. I hope the travel has been treating you well."

“Good morning,” Jack said to Vera, keeping his distance.
Vera barked at the weird-farfetch'd, her bulb twitching eagerly. A challenge? Had someone finally recognised her strength. She was just about ready to pounce before she felt Ayumi gently rub the back of her neck. Vera gave her a pleading look, but Ayumi slowly shook her head.

"You'll have to forgive her. She's always itching for a fight, though she deactivates the moment I touch her," Ayumi said with a laugh. Her shadow seemed to nod in agreement despite Ayumi herself taking no such action.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette silently entered the cafe. She was still dressed in her dancewear, down to the tights and black jazz shoes as she hustled through the door. One of the only things that could possibly lift her spirits was a good dance rehearsal, and being that she wasn't home to actually attend, she was left on her own to make do. So, she was sure to awaken bright and early, and utilize the floor down in the battle arena to practice her turns; something she'd been neglecting to do for a while thanks to the intensive hip-hop routines at the dance studio. She wasn't complaining, but she had to stay well-rounded.

She forced herself to walk with an air of confidence, because nobody needed to know how absolutely low she'd been the night before. People were going to be intimidated and even afraid of her no matter what she did, so she was best to start acting the part. She kept her earbuds in, still pounding her head full of her practice music as she approached the buffet.

Enora Neutral Grin.PNG
Enora kept at Odette's heels, walking with more of a pep in her step. She felt well-rested and ready for a new, better day. She'd been happy to hear Odette get up to go practice--of course she didn't follow, because she needed her beauty rest, but she was still very glad that her human was trying to cope in a healthy fashion. She seemed much better today.

Enora Deadpan.PNG
As for Odile...

Odile Beaming.PNG

"P̷a̷n̵.̷ ̴C̵a̵k̷e̶s̴!̷ ̵P̸a̷n̴.̸ ̴C̴a̴k̸e̷s̸!̴ ̵P̴a̵n̶.̵ ̷C̸a̵k̶e̶s̵!̷"

She'd decided to remain in her bat form on this fine morning, looping back and forth and around Odette and Enora's heads gleefully as she chanted loudly about what exactly she was hungry for. Because everybody needed to know. If they decided to eat all the pancakes before she had a chance to get at them herself, well...she might just gut them.

Enora Deadpan.PNG
Still acting on her best behavior it looked like. Enora hoped it would last.

Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette grabbed three plates. She handed one down to Enora, who took it in one of her ribbons, and placed the second one in Odile's tiny claws. As she did, she reached up and plucked one of the buds out of her ear.

"Don't grab the whole damn tray again, or I'm putting you in your ball."

Odile Beaming.PNG
"̷I̷ ̷w̶o̸u̴l̸d̶ ̶N̴E̶V̶E̸R̸.̶"̷ She zoomed off for the pastries before Odette could respond.

Odette Deadpan w Sweatdrop.PNG
"Right..."

She put the earbud back in, and went forth with grabbing her breakfast. She kept a determined gaze on the bar before her, and didn't dare glance around too much, lest she accidentally make eye contact with anybody from yesterday. Or the boat. She snuck a few looks here and there just to note her surroundings; the guy who planned all of this was here, and there were already a couple trainers and their 'mon out. Upon noticing this, she plucked her earbud out again and shoved it into the pocket of sweater. If she wasn't going to look, she at least needed to listen.

Today she just needed to focus on the more...blank slates. If she even bothered to talk to anybody at all. At this point, she was teetering dangerously close on going full wallflower, because this mingling thing was proving problematic for more reasons than one.

Enora Neutral Frown.PNG
Enora, on the other hand, had a much different approach. She wasn't at all subtle as she looked around, taking mental notes of all the faces and Pokemon. Perhaps new people they'd have to speak with later. Also, that Xavian fellow was here, how neat! Down and around to mingle with his invitees.

When she was sure she'd taken in enough of the scene, she went back to dishing her food.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
When Kimiko had woken in the morning, she found Olivia already awake and in motion, pacing around the room and occasionally stopping to lap up some water from the small pool in their room. She was thankful her espeon hadn't decided to take a swim; she did not have the spoons for that. As it was, she already had a mild tingling headache.

Sleep had eluded her for a long while last night after the nightmare, but singing had managed to eventually calm her down enough for exhaustion to reclaim her. She figured she could sleep in, since there was no festival activities scheduled the first day or two apparently, but it seemed her pokemon wasn't nearly as tired as she was. As she rolled over - oh crap, did she forget to turn off her 'dex last night?? - and climbed out of bed, Olivia's ears perked up. Suddenly, Kimiko's headache was gone. She rolled her eyes.

"Spii?" Olivia asked innocently.

"Yes, yes, I'll find them, promise," Kimiko replied, digging her charger out of her bag and heading towards the bathroom. "Let me go shower and change first, though, alright? And then we're going to go get food. I can not get through this day without some sort of energy boost."

As it turned out, finding Wes and his pokemon was not difficult at all. As Kimiko lead Olivia to a small cafe she'd been reccommended for some breakfast, they found the stranger sitting alone at a table, his pokemon once again enjoying a plate of bacon. Below her, Olivia brightened immediately upon spotting them, but remained pressed against Kimiko's boot. It was mildly annoying - having her at her feet made it difficult to walk, but after last night she seemed hesitant to leave her side.

She decided, after last night, it was probably best to get some food before trying to engage him again, while she thought over how best to approach this. She gathered some simple eggs and toast, loaded it up with bacon for her and Olivia to share (and a few extra bribes for Wes' pokemon), and grabbed a cup of coffee. She hated the stuff, but if Olivia was going to force her to be awake this early, she'd need the energy. While doing so, she glanced around the cafe, taking in the other patrons. She'd been half hoping to find Odette here too, and by some miracle, there she was, too. Her sylveon was by her side, and her tiny tumbleweed was fluttering around her head.

Suddenly Kimiko began to get a knot in her stomach, and decided maybe she should deal with one problem at a time.

It was, frustratingly, impossible to approach Wes without him being able to see her coming a mile away. Strangely, he seemed to be zoning out a bit, as though he were only pretending to be interested in his meal. She doubted anyone would have noticed were they not staring at him for as long as she had been. She took a deep breath to steel her nerves, tried her best to exude a confidence she was only barely feeling, and strode up to his table.

"Uh, hey," she started. "I, uh... I'm sorry for just suddenly running off last night. I had..." No. No lies, no excuses. "Odette's pokemon freaked me out."

She sat down across from him without waiting for his reply, though she hesitated to start eating in case he told her to leave.

Something in her brain told her to look around the cafe again, and she locked eyes with Odette, just finishing loading up her tray with food.

Oh fuck.

She did her best to ignore the way her face heated up, and smiled at the other girl, waving awkwardly.

"Esspi!" Olivia cried under the table, playfully headbutting Neo. She acknowledge Novo with a nod too, then returned her focus to her fellow espeon. "Hi! You really love bacon, huh? You're lucky to be able to eat it every meal! I'm pretty sure my human is only letting me have some because we're on vacation. I made sure she got some for you, too!"

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Alrighty.” Seb sat across Ayumi, with Jack sitting beside him. “I’m Sebastian, but my family calls me Seb.” He turned to look at Vera with a smile. “I wasn’t really gonna fight the squishy round friend there. You see, both of my buddies are birds, so she might be at a disadvantage when it comes to the elements. Wouldn’t really be fair.”

“So you’re saying it's all different universes? And Hoopa- er, Orzo can travel between them?” The girl nodded to herself thoughtfully, her Fearow mimicking the action from its spot on a perch.

Xavian nodded. “Precisely right, Ms Windi. I was astounded as you were when Hoopa showed me his powers. Splendid, are they not?”

Fearow chirped and bobbed its head. “Wow,” Windi murmured. “I wonder if there’s more me’s out there... Is everyone here from different universes then?”

Xavian frowned briefly in thought before speaking. “Correct! I believe most everyone may be.”

“Wow...” Windi breathed. She turned to her Fearow. “I’m gonna have to talk to the others more, see what their worlds are like, huh?”

Fearow gave a soft cry of affirmation.
Jack managed to hear a few words from the conversation in the background. So he was right—there was a multiverse in all this. That was a concern he saved for later. Right now, he went back to Ayumi.
Her shadow seemed to nod in agreement despite Ayumi herself taking no such action.
The Farfetch’d saw the shadows autonomous movement. He narrowed his eyes, suspicion in his expression. He was thinking about telling Seb about it, but maybe it was too early for that. Besides, it would’ve been rude to interrupt the conversation when it was just starting.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Odette's pokemon freaked me out."
Odette Pissed 2.PNG
Snap.

The plastic serving spoon she'd been holding broke in half under her grasp. She didn't realize she'd been standing there, listening, squeezing, until it quite literally popped apart in her hand. A slight pain traveled up her palm, and she recoiled back in shock. When she registered what had happened, she quickly examined her hand.

A scrape. It was quickly turning red, and some of her skin had been torn up by the sharp plastic. But, thankfully, no blood.

Odile Smug.PNG
"̸O̵h̵ ̴y̵e̶a̸h̷,̸ ̷I̴ ̷c̶a̴n̸'̶t̷ ̷g̵r̴a̴b̸ ̴a̸ ̷t̶r̴a̴y̸ ̴f̵u̸l̶l̵ ̴o̸f̴ ̴p̵a̸n̸c̴a̸k̴e̴s̷,̴ ̶b̵u̸t̷ ̵y̶o̴u̴ ̷c̵a̶n̴ ̸b̶r̶e̸a̴k̸ ̶s̷h̷i̸t̶?̸ ̸F̶u̷c̵k̷ ̵y̶o̵u̸,̶ ̶h̸o̶n̸e̵s̵t̵l̴y̴.̸"̴

Odette Pissed 2.PNG
Odette narrowed her eyes and slowly looked over her shoulder at Odile, who was hovering near her head with a plate STACKED with pancakes. It was actually on the verge of falling over, it looked like.

"Tais-toi, tu es une douleur dans mon cul absolu," she whined.

With an aggravated huff, she dropped the broken spoon onto her plate, then turned heel and hastily walked for a table in the furthest corner of the room she could get.

"Hope nobody wanted eggs."

She did her best to ignore the way her face heated up, and smiled at the other girl, waving awkwardly.
From the corner of her eye, a flash of movement caught her attention. She looked over in spite of every fiber of her being telling her not to, and saw that other girl with the Espeon. The one who ran off first because she'd gotten "sick." Right. And Odette was the Queen of Galar. Why was she choosing now to try to be nice? It was clear she was horrified by Odile last night, so there was no need to try to glaze over that. Her wave was forced, and she was as red as a damn brick. Clearly just trying to save face and doing a poor job. Just be fucking forthright and be done with it. She was even sitting with Wes, who had looked like he was going to pull a knife on her. Honestly, fuck that.

Keeping her face as neutral as possible, she nodded tersely, before sitting down at her own table and beginning to examine her small wound.

"Seriously," she muttered.

Enora Deadpan.PNG
"You're really not helping."

Odile Smug.PNG
"̶M̶a̴'̷a̵m̵,̷ ̸I̸ ̵j̴u̴s̴t̷ ̶w̷a̵n̴t̴e̴d̸ ̵m̶y̶ ̶f̸u̸c̵k̷i̸n̵'̸ ̵p̵a̴n̷c̶a̶k̴e̶s̵.̶ ̵A̷n̴d̵ ̴I̴ ̶G̴O̵T̶ ̷m̸y̸ ̴f̶u̵c̵k̷i̷n̸'̴ ̵p̴a̷n̵c̷a̴k̴e̸s̷.̴"̵

With that, she happily flew off to follow her lovely vessel.

Last edited:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Uh, hey," she started. "I, uh... I'm sorry for just suddenly running off last night. I had..." No. No lies, no excuses. "Odette's pokemon freaked me out."
Wes blinked. Who—? Oh. That girl from yesterday…Kimiko? She was apologizing again? And this was the second time within 24 hours, too. Damn, had he really made her feel that bad? He felt a twinge of guilt.

“Don’t worry about it,” he said with a shrug. “For what it’s worth, it freaked me out, too.”
"Esspi!" Olivia cried under the table, playfully headbutting Neo. She acknowledge Novo with a nod too, then returned her focus to her fellow espeon. "Hi! You really love bacon, huh? You're lucky to be able to eat it every meal! I'm pretty sure my human is only letting me have some because we're on vacation. I made sure she got some for you, too!"
Neo looked up, licking grease from his muzzle. Oh, it was the other Espeon! The nice one, not the one that accompanied that angry knife-man. Neo raised his tail by way of greeting and gave a friendly chirp. “Bacon is good! We don’t get to eat it often. But here, there’s bacon everywhere! I want to live here!”
As Kimiko settled down at the table, Wes managed to redirect his focus back to the other conversation and caught what the girl was saying. What did they mean, “multiple universes?” Were they serious?

He barked out a laugh and shook his head before taking a sip of his coffee. “Bullshit.”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
“BRI!”

Novo’s enraged yowl nearly made Wes choke on his coffee. He spluttered, spilling some on himself, then frantically leaned around the table to see what was the matter.

Novo was dancing around his plate of food, snapping his jaws at what appeared to be empty air—then Wes noticed the strip of bacon levitating over the Umbreon’s head. Dammit. A ghost? Gods, those things were so annoying. Thank goodness for dark types.

Novo lunged forward, this time with dark energy streaming from his maw, but surprisingly, no contact was made. Instead of relinquishing the bacon, the ghost turned and sped away—or at least, Wes figured as much, as that was the only possible explanation for why a piece of bacon was rapidly zipping around tables and chairs in the opposite direction.

He shot Novo a look. “Nov, don’t—”

Novo was already gone and giving chase. Wes pinched his nose with a groan.

Last edited:

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
The very last thing Wes had wanted to do was to be near people again.

Unfortunately for him, this was his best chance at getting his knife back, and he'd guessed his copycat would've come to a place like this.

He stood near a wall, leaning against it, watching the impostor.

I can't make a big deal out of this. Not with everyone around.

He sighed. Just gonna have to wait...

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
“Alrighty.” Seb sat across Ayumi, with Jack sitting beside him. “I’m Sebastian, but my family calls me Seb.” He turned to look at Vera with a smile. “I wasn’t really gonna fight the squishy round friend there. You see, both of my buddies are birds, so she might be at a disadvantage when it comes to the elements. Wouldn’t really be fair.”
"Please, I am well aware of what Vera tends to get up to. If I'd felt that she was in any danger, I would've recalled her by now," Ayumi said with a dismissive wave of her hand. She took a couple more bites out of her meal.

The head of Ayumi's shadow suddenly turned to face the other invited trainers filtering into the café. Yet Ayumi appeared none the wiser to its strange behaviour. It then turned and leaned forwards, as if it was trying to overhear their current conversations. As it did, Ayumi heard a shaky whisper in her head.

<Strange trainers from water walker. Chaos makers. I don't like them...>

Ayumi frowned. and thought something back at those whispers.

<Well, they certainly didn't make the best first impression, but let's not be too hasty here. Let's give them a chance.>

<...>
<...>
<...His birds look funny. Also don't like them.>

“BRI!”

Novo’s enraged yowl nearly made Wes choke on his coffee. He spluttered, spilling some on himself, then frantically leaned around the table to see what was the matter.

Novo was dancing around his plate of food, snapping his jaws at what appeared to be empty air—then Wes noticed the strip of bacon levitating over the Umbreon’s head. Dammit. A ghost? Gods, those things were so annoying. Thank goodness for dark types.

Novo lunged forward, this time with dark energy streaming from his maw, and apparently made contact with whatever mon it was that held his bacon hostage. A shrill squeal split the air, but instead of relinquishing the bacon, it turned and sped away—or at least, Wes figured as much, as that was the only possible explanation for why a piece of bacon was rapidly zipping around tables and chairs in the opposite direction.

He shot Novo a look. “Nov, don’t—”

Novo was already gone and giving chase. Wes pinched his nose with a groan.
The sudden noise brought Ayumi back down to reality, her shadow seemingly shrinking further into itself. It definitely got Vera's attention who bolted towards her challenger with a battle cry of her own. She rammed into the umbreon with full force.

Vera bounced off harmlessly.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Don’t worry about it,” he said with a shrug. “For what it’s worth, it freaked me out, too.”
Odette Pissed 2.PNG
She suddenly wanted to throw up. Truth be told, she wasn't even hungry anymore, so she wasn't sure why she bothered getting food at all. It was probably a mistake to come down here. She pushed her plate away and rested her cheek in her palm as she watched Odile and Enora go to town on their meals. At least they were eating; that was the important part.

"Easy guys, it's all you can eat."

Odile Smug.PNG
"̵E̵x̷a̶c̵t̷l̶y̶.̵"̷

All Odette did was sigh.

Enora Sad.PNG
"You know, you really need to eat too."

"I'll live, Enora." She seemed uninterested in speaking any further after that.

Enora Sad.PNG
"Hm..."

“BRI!”
Enora Sus.PNG
Enora jolted at the sudden sound, whipping her head around to find the source. She looked just in time to find that Umbreon from yesterday, Novo, jetting off to chase something stealing his bacon. She sighed and shook her head. "Somebody needs to teach him his inside voice."

Shame, because he was a very cute Umbreon.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
The sudden noise brought Ayumi back down to reality, her shadow seemingly shrinking further into itself. It definitely got Vera's attention who bolted towards her challenger with a battle cry of her own. She rammed into the umbreon with full force.

Vera bounced off harmlessly.
Novo was distracted in his pursuit when he felt a…light tap? He whirled around, braced for another attacker—but he saw no one. He blinked. Then he looked down.

What was this tiny seedling mon? He bent down to sniff at it, bacon thief temporarily forgotten.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Novo was distracted in his pursuit when he felt a…light tap? He whirled around, braced for another attacker—but he saw no one. He blinked. Then he looked down.

What was this tiny seedling mon? He bent down to sniff at it, bacon thief temporarily forgotten.
Vera barked, as she held her head high. She brought her vines out and barked again, wrapping them around the umbreon's form. As Vera tried to wrestle him to the ground, all he would feel was a light tickle.

These pokémon were strong! Much stronger than she'd ever expected but that just left Vera grinning. She let go and blasted a Sleep Powder, aimed right at the umbreon's curious nose.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Wes blinked. Who—? Oh. That girl from yesterday…Kimiko? She was apologizing again? And this was the second time within 24 hours, too. Damn, had he really made her feel that bad? He felt a twinge of guilt.

She let out a small sigh and a relieved smile. "Yeah, but you didn't run away cowering like a baby wimpod." She stared down at her eggs, realizing she suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. Still, she stabbed it and took a bite; hungry or not, she still needed the energy.

He barked out a laugh and shook his head before taking a sip of his coffee. “Bullshit.”

Oh, he was eavesdropping. That's why he'd looked distracted. Maybe she shouldn't have interrupted him after all... but on the other hand...

"You know... I'm not so sure about that," she started cautiously. "Ever since coming here, I've been getting... I don't know, visions? Memories? I feel like I'd seen that..." She hadn't even gotten it's name, had she? "I feel like I've seen Odette's pokemon somewhere before, only... it looked a lot larger than it does right now. Last night, I... I had a dream about it, even." She turned in her chair, only to see Odette pointedly looking anywhere but in her direction. "And it like... I just feel angry when I see it, deep down. Not at anything in particular, just... anger. But I swore I'd seen it somewhere before. I meant to ask her about it, but I think I may have upset her when I freaked out... I'm not sure how I'm going to go and approach her about it."

She was rambling. "Anyway, point is... I think I've been to another universe before. And that's where I'd seen it. I mean... don't you have legends in..." She'd almost said 'your world' but she'd have to convince him he wasn't currently there, wouldn't she? Hell, she was still trying to convince herself. "Back home? You said you're from.... Orre, right? Supposedly Celebi has a nest or something there. Never been there myself, isn't it one giant desert? Not really a place one would expect to find a pokemon known as the 'voice of the forest', but I hear Agate is a nice place though. Have you ever seen it?"

Neo looked up, licking grease from his muzzle. Oh, it was the other Espeon! The nice one, not the one that accompanied that angry knife-man. Neo raised his tail by way of greeting and gave a friendly chirp. “Bacon is good! We don’t get to eat it often. But here, there’s bacon everywhere! I want to live here!”

"I don't know if I could live here, I don't think my human likes it very much..." Olivia whined. "I think it's great, though! Everyone's so friendly! Well, almost everyone! Even the really big lizard on the boat was nice!" She swallowed a piece of bacon in between breaths, then picked one up in her teeth and held it out to Neo, communicating with her telepathy rather than speaking this time. "Here, this looks like a good one!"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Please, I am well aware of what Vera tends to get up to. If I'd felt that she was in any danger, I would've recalled her by now," Ayumi said with a dismissive wave of her hand. She took a couple more bites out of her meal.
“Is nice,” Seb muttered.

Vera bounced off harmlessly
Vera barked, as she held her head high. She brought her vines out and barked again, wrapping them around the umbreon's form. As Vera tried to wrestle him to the ground, all he would feel was a light tickle.

These pokémon were strong! Much stronger than she'd ever expected but that just left Vera grinning. She let go and blasted a Sleep Powder, aimed right at the umbreon's curious nose.
“Oh boy.” Seb looked down, a bit worried. “She really needs to train more if she hopes to win.”

Jack leaned forward and glared after noticing the shadow’s more abrupt movements, one wing on the table. “Show yourself,” he quacked in a low tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom