• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Hoopa's Multiverse Madness [Roleplay Thread] - [Oct 25-30]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
With a huff and a pout, Vegeta hopped onto her back, getting a clear view of Steplively. "I'm surprised he picked that one. Didn't look like the daring type to me," she said, interested in what a guy as soft as Steplively looked to be could even do impressively. Other than, like, impressively disarming any situation with an adorable form of naivete only seen in preschoolers and story protagonists.

Vegeta wondered if she could get that "it says gullible on the ceiling" trick to work on Steplively...

"Hey, goat guy, uh, Step...lively..." Saying it outloud, she didn't think that was a real name. "It says Gullible on the ceiling."

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Steplively laughed. "Don't be silly! There's no ceiling here, we're outside!" He looked up anyway, at the tangle of branches. "I'm sure you meant to say 'it says "gullible" on a branch', or something like that! Which one, by the way? Where?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vegeta was in shock. That worked. That worked better than it could have...

And she almost felt bad about it, it was too easy! And he was still looking for the branch! Why did he correct her, and then look for the branch?!

"I am going to get so much out of this kid," Vegeta muttered, grinning slightly, then cleared her throat. "That one, over there," she said to Steplively. "It's behind you."

Steplively's Never Gonna Give You Up

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Hoopa have a fun idea! Steplively sing a song! Yes, Hoopa dare you to sing... 'I'm a little teapot' and do the dance!" They'd seen that song and dance before, and it was funny. But maybe they could do spice things up more, yes. "Hoopa show you!"

Hoopa touched their forhead to Steplively's for a moment, and a vision would flash through his mind, of a Meloetta doing a little dance, and singing a song. Except, whether by accident or on purpose, the lyrics were very different than the usual song.

Now it was up to Steplively to try and do it...

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
"Oh! Okay, thank you!" He started to turn, but it seemed that Hoopa had his "dare" ready. "Ah, sorry, Miss; I'll have to look for it later! It's my turn now!

"A teapot song, hm? Oh, we have lots of teatime songs over in the Grand Gardens of Sylfleur! Except at Princess Summerlight's parties. She doesn't really like tea. Or singing. But sure, I'd love to learn a new one!"

He waited patiently as Hoopa imagined the song and dance at him, paying very close attention to be certain he would remember it. He didn't have hands, true, and he couldn't really stand on his hind legs for very long, but he could probably make the same gestures with his vines, right? So a dip here... a spin there... hold that note, mmhmm... seemed simple enough!

Steplively trotted out to an open space, hummed little warmup scales to himself, cleared his throat, beamed at everyone present, and sang out in a clear, bright voice:

"We're no strangers to looo-oooove
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy!
"

He did a little twirl as a pair of flower-bud–studded vines snaked out from the foliage on his back, bending them so that one touched his hip and the other was held up and out.

"Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lii-iiie and hurt you!
"

For all that he seemed to be blissfully unaware of the disconnect between the lyrics and the movements, he was doing an admirable job of improvising a dance that actually matched the beat of the song. He cantered and skipped jauntily around the clearing, alternating the vines between handle and spout.

"(Ooh, give you up)
(Ooh, give you up)
Never gonna give, never gonna give
(Give you up)
(Give you up)
"

(There were additional tiny voices coming from somewhere, singing the backup lines. The... the chrysanthemums on his back?)

"Iiiiii just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand...
"

He sprinted forward suddenly, then leapt into the air, spun into a backflip and landed with a dainty little clop-clop right in front of Vegeta.

"Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
"

And, with a final flourish, Steplively brandished his vines again—this time, inexplicably, with one wrapped around the handle of an actual floral-patterned teapot and the other supporting a matching dish and teacup. He tipped the pot forward, poured fresh tea into the cup, and graciously handed it to the mudkip as he held the final notes. The tea was hot and smelled of rosehips.

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[Oops, got distracted numerous times while writing this, but since it's all internal it shouldn't interrupt anything. Sorry.
Also uhh CW for mention of human remains...
]]
"You mean blood? No, no," she said, shaking her head, pointing towards the silver and small humans. "I was talking about their faces. They turned bright red after their dare, didn't you see?"
"Oh, I... Right..."

Perhaps that shouldn't have been the first place her mind had gone, but when Kaz said things like that, it was so hard not to think of...

She recalled the feeling of cold metal against her ear as she pressed it against the vent of the reading room. They were angry today. It had become a common occurrence since Father had disappeared, but today they were even louder than usual. Except, of course, for Mother, whose angry voice was icy and quiet as a whisper. Lillie could tell when Mother was talking only because all the angry men would stop talking to make sure they heard what she had to say. She didn't like being talked over.

"-head smashed in-" "-was all over the floor-" "-The Null project has-" "-like a watermelon-"

The voices stopped. Lillie had begun to notice she was shivering at that point.

"Yes I understand but-" "-how much longer-" "-it'll happen again-" "-I'm not cleaning it up next time."

She decided that she had heard enough. More than enough, really. More than she'd wanted to know, but there would be no un-hearing it.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Lillie furrowed her brow. "I-I think I've heard that somewhere before... but I don't recall it having to do with teapots. I'm not sure, though, I think I just stumbled upon it by accident."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
And, with a final flourish, Steplively brandished his vines again—this time, inexplicably, with one wrapped around the handle of an actual floral-patterned teapot and the other supporting a matching dish and teacup. He tipped the pot forward, poured fresh tea into the cup, and graciously handed it to her as he held the final notes.
"What a strange song!" Kaz commented. Despite the song's description mentioning some kind of teapot, none of the lyrics alluded to one in the slightest. Whoever came up with the song needed to improve their naming ability. Yet Kaz would be remised to compliment the skiddo's singing ability, he'd sung the song with just joy and passion, it was impossible not to smile.

"You're a lovely singer!" she chimed. "A much better one than that toxtricity, I must say."

"Oh, I... Right..."
It wasn't until after the skiddo's performance that Kaz had noticed that Lillie had gone pale. "Hm? Is there anything wrong?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Upon witnessing the rock cut cleanly in twine with not a single sweat or wasted movement, Violet shouted, "Cheers to the Garchomp whom has made his presence known to all as a valiant warrior!" She pointed at Antares with a dramatic movement of her cape for emphasis, than began to clap, cheering him on.
Lance looked at the humble demonstration of power coming from the dragon and couldn't help himself, clapping and cheering him on.
a very impressive display from Mr. Antares! Steplively cheered as the rock fractured clean down the middle—so strong! So cool! None of the performers he'd seen at parties before had performed feats of strength like that! He clopped his little front hooves on the ground in hearty applause.

Antares basked in the praise. He felt it odd that everyone was cheering after such a trivial thing, but... he certainly wasn't one to turn down attention of any kind.

"Many thanks to you all! If time should allow for it, expect to see many more amazing feats from the one and only!" He boasted to the crowd, puffing out his chest as he spoke.

Ah, it was good to be in the spotlight again--

Steplively trotted out to an open space, hummed little warmup scales to himself, cleared his throat, beamed at everyone present, and sang out in a clear, bright voice:

"

He did a little twirl as a pair of flower-bud–studded vines snaked out from the foliage on his back, bending them so that one touched his hip and the other was held up and out.

"Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
"

For all that he seemed to be blissfully unaware of the disconnect between the lyrics and the movements, he was doing an admirable job of improvising a dance that actually matched the beat of the song. He cantered and skipped jauntily around the clearing, alternating the vines between handle and spout.

"(Ooh, give you up)
(Ooh, give you up)
(Give you up)
(Give you up)
"

(There were additional tiny voices coming from somewhere, singing the backup lines. The... the chrysanthemums on his back?)

"Iiiiii just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand...
"

He sprinted forward suddenly, then leapt into the air, spun into a backflip and landed with a dainty little clop-clop right in front of Vegeta.

"Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
"

And, with a final flourish, Steplively brandished his vines again—this time, inexplicably, with one wrapped around the handle of an actual floral-patterned teapot and the other supporting a matching dish and teacup.

He stopped as that grassy goat sung an oddly familiar piece...

"Ah. Unbelievable. I have fallen victim to a 'Roark roll'."

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
"
Jess gave Hoopa a very long, very disapproving glare.

He turned to Steplively. "Good cover, though, not gonna lie."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen couldn't help but laugh again, feeling genuinely happy. Of all the things to be present in many different worlds, he'd never expect the concept of Rickrolling to be that omnipresent.

He felt a little more at home.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
"
Clovis knit his brows. He tried to do the math in his head, again.

"Did...did you just Rickroll us?" he asked.

Odette stared at him, surprised. "Amazing. You know what that is?"

"Yeah, I--" he cut himself off and shot her a glare. "How old do you think 27 is, Miss Cinq-Mars?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. Just don't forget your walker when we go on our date," she murmured, smirking.

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
"Hmmm... I c-can do y-you one Better!"
Lilly grabs her two scallops, and starts tapping them together in a certain rythym.
1635517715103.png
"Whatch w-what h-happens when I play a s-song I do k-know!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vegeta glared at Hoopa, blaming them for this feeling of... "getting got", but she didn't know how or why, rather than Steplively. The poor guy could probably be used to overturn a government without even realizing it. Fortunately for Hoopa, Vegeta didn't know how to get back at the ringed gremlin normally, let alone as a defenseless ball of fluff.

Uhg, Vegeta just realized she because the thing she hated the most... soft and squishy. And it was all Goku's fault.

"...You did this on purpose," Vegeta growled, rolling to face the Riolu. Lil Goku gave an innocent smile and turned away. "You're absolutely vile."

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Miss Vegeta seemed more interested in talking to her friend than enjoying a nice cup of tea, so Steplively set the tea on the ground carefully beside her for now. Hopefully she'd remember to drink it before it got too cool! But first...

"I think it might be your turn, now, Miss Vegeta!" he said cheerfully. "'Truth or dare?' Oh, it's actually kinda fun to ask that!"

[ @Fusion ]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Where the hell did Steplively get the tea again? What... kinda tea was it? Vegeta didn't know, or care, about tea at all, but she knew it had to do with leaves, and Steplively was covered in leaves, and she was not about to drink Steplively Tea. It's one thing to be soft and squishy, and another to be as gullible as him.

"I'd normally pick dare but I still can't get outta this damn towel wrap thing," Vegeta scoffed. "Just gimme a truth."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"I'd normally pick dare but I still can't get outta this damn towel wrap thing," Vegeta scoffed. "Just gimme a truth."

Antares glanced over to the Mudkip.

"Ah, how the mighty have fallen!" He called mockingly, a very cocky grin on his face as he spoke. "The Mudkip wishes to not undertake any dares, for she knows I would undoubtedly trounce her in every manner of challenge!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A seething well of anger took the place of Vegeta, and two burning spheres that could have been her eyes glared through Antares. "You take that shit back before I take you down to the bakery and slam your face into every single loaf of sourdough I can find! And I'll make sure they're stale too!" Vegeta barked, squirming around like a ravenous animal. So nothing changed.

To hell with being trapped, now her pride was on the line! That pansy Garchomp with bread PTSD was not going to say shit like that and get away with it! "You know what? Fuck it!" the Mudkip spun back around to face Steplively, growling. "Give me dare! And you better make it a good one!" she demanded.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"You take that shit back before I take you down to the bakery and slam your face into every single loaf of sourdough I can find! And I'll make sure they're stale too!"

Antares showed no signs of the threat getting to him. Of course it didn't; it was hardly a threat at all.

"I could easily step on you, fiend," He growled in a voice that was very unlike his usual pompous tone. "And I mean that both literally and metaphorically."

Indeed, the height difference between the two was vast, and there was no doubt he could have easily squashed the Mudkip underfoot as casually as one does an insect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom