• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Hell Eternal [a Malva One Shot]

hell yeah

Just a Torchic

~ Utterly glorious ~
Pronouns
she/they/he?
Partners
  1. torchic
  2. custom/torchic-blue
A Facadeverse fic

A character study of the Kalos Elite Four's Malva.

This story is rated TEEN for:
- Pokémon Abuse

• Abusive Relationships (Including Forceful Kissing/Sexual Harassment or Assault)
  • Blackmail
  • Death Threats
  • Implicit Sexual Content
  • Swearing
  • A really brief mention of drugs in a metaphorical sense

Malva was always demanding, even from a young age. She wanted a red dress, not an ugly blue dress. She wanted a Litleo, not a stupid Fennekin. Her parents got her everything she wanted. If they didn't, she would throw a fit. It worked every time. They gave her everything. They gave her power, and Malva soon learned that power was better than the sweetest candy, better than any gift under the Christmas tree, better than any toy. Power could get her anything she wanted.

The Hellbergs were one of the richest families in Kalos. The esteemed Niccolo and Regina Hellberg were acquainted with many other wealthy, elite families, such as the Dufours. As a result of this friendship (it was more of a social alliance, to be completely honest), Malva became best friends with Siebold despite the two being polar opposites. Malva was brave, Siebold was shy. Malva was an only child, and her parents treated her like a princess. Siebold had ten elder siblings, and his parents and siblings burdened him with disappointment and expectations. Naturally, Malva “hired” Siebold to be her “butler”, meaning Siebold would do whatever mundane tasks Malva wanted her to do.

-

“Quit whining, Sobble Siebold,” she’d say. “If you don’t get me my dress for the party, I’ll tell your mom that you took an extra cookie!”

Their dynamic was childish, one could say, but Siebold was never hurt (though he was annoyed by being called “Sobble Siebold”, and the name would continue to torment him well into adulthood). Besides, it could have been worse.

-

Diantha was five years younger than Siebold and Malva, but the three knew each other from Sunday school. She was a small, frail child, always coughing and shivering while the teacher rambled on about scripture. She wasn’t even from a rich family. But she was a smart kid, and she was a good dancer. When her mother became Malva’s governess, she and Malva became friends. Of course, that all quickly ended in a matter of time.

-

“Do you have a Pokémon?” Diantha asked.

“Of course I do!” Malva bragged. “My Litleo is the strongest Pokémon in Lumiose! She was a gift from my mother, bred from the best breeders in the country!"

“Then… could we battle?”

“What’s your Pokémon?”

“Ralts. She was a gift from my grandmother in Galar.”

“That’s nice, but she doesn’t stand a chance against Litleo!”

Ralts did stand a chance. In fact, Malva ended up losing the battle, which came as a shock to her and Diantha.

“We did it!” Diantha cheered as she hugged Ralts. "I'm so proud of you!"

Malva stared at Litleo, scowling.

“If you don’t do better next time, you won’t get a treat.”

-

Diantha eventually went to some camp in Shalour City so she could become a Pokémon trainer. Malva was angry—her parents made her stay at home so she could “be educated in the ways of being a smart, proper lady”. No matter how much she screamed and yelled, they wouldn't let her leave. Malva thought it was bullshit, so she ran away from home at the age of sixteen.

She was a powerful Trainer of Fire type Pokémon, albeit a very cruel one, as well.

"If you don't learn this move right, I'm not using you in my next Gym Battle."

"If you don't behave, you're not eating today."

"If you don't win this battle, I'm abandoning you. I don't need an idiot like you weighing me down."

-

Years later, Malva joined some organization called Team Flare, for the money, their whole schtick about making the world a less ugly place, and, most of all, power. Through her looks, charisma, and skills at manipulation, she rose up to be the spokesperson of Team Flare and the face of the Holo Caster. She was Lysandre's favorite girl. Around this time, Malva also gained a position in the Kalos Elite Four after two of the older members stepped down. Of course, this meant she had to work alongside her childhood “friend” Siebold, but at least she got to mess with him and his emotions when their parents coerced them into a (political and social) romantic relationship. It was a game she enjoyed playing, like how a child enjoys playing hide and seek or dolls.

This was the power that Malva had always craved. She had a whole organization and League under her thumb. She had a boyfriend that she could use to get whatever she wanted. She could get herself anything. One could say she was drunk with power. It consumed her, distorted her mind, destroyed her inhibitions.

People tried to reach out to her, to try to help her, especially Diantha (that bitch, Malva thought), but Malva would lash out at them, verbally or physically. She didn't need their pity. She needed their obedience.

“If you don’t get me those documents, I’ll expose you as the one responsible for the last mission we failed!”

"If you don't shut up, I'll pay the League to fire you."

"If you don't kiss me right now, I'll expose your little secrets to your parents."

-

They say Lady Fortune is cruel. Those at the top of her wheel, those heavy with hubris, are most vulnerable to ruin.

Team Flare disbanded, and Malva's whole kingdom crumbled. When Siebold found out about her status as a member of Team Flare, he finally had an excuse to break up with her. (In his parents and her parents' eyes, accusations of abuse weren't enough of an excuse. Only a potential scandal was enough.) She had nothing now. No grunts to carry out her orders, no higher ups to torment, no toys to play with. Just three rich fools to hate her… and Diantha.

Why the hell did Diantha get to be Champion? She was some stupid movie star. Malva was prettier, richer, more charismatic, better in every way compared to her. Diantha didn’t deserve to be Champion. Kalos didn’t need some pretty girl movie star to be their symbol of strength. The only problem was that Diantha was a strong trainer, far stronger than Malva, as seen in Malva's attempt to claim to Kalos throne from her.

But Malva still had one way to exercise power: manipulation. Extortion became her sword, burning and biting like hellfire. It was how she held onto power, how she felt alive, how she felt happiness. The way her victims would beg and plead, as though she were a vengeful goddess, the rewards that came with it. The rush it gave her was better than ecstasy. She manipulated servants. She manipulated trainers. She manipulated League members.

“Give me the forty thousand, or I’ll tell the press you two have been fucking.”

“Shut up about my record, or I’ll expose yours.”

“If you don't do as I say, I'll burn you alive. Got it?"

Last edited:

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Never enough Malva fic out there. What an interesting character from the point of view that she's supposed to be one of the "good guys": a member of the League, an Elite Four no less, and yet she's so far into Lysandre's organization she's practically second in command. As much as it could be Lysandre's influence and charisma, Malva definitely leans into and embraces this position, and this little fic does a marvelous job at showing why.

I particularly love the little quote sections from her in between each "step" of her descent (or ascent from her perspective). This isn't a case of an impressionable youth who got caught up in the wrong crowd. From her very core, Malva is a deceptive, brutal, and uncompassionate person. And I am here for it.

This was definitely a fun read, I can always appreciate an author's ability to get into the head of a less-than-savory person and justify all of their terrible traits, thoughts, and actions. You've painted the picture of a despicable, deceitful person, and it feels so right. Well done!

Just a Torchic

~ Utterly glorious ~
Pronouns
she/they/he?
Partners
  1. torchic
  2. custom/torchic-blue
Never enough Malva fic out there. What an interesting character from the point of view that she's supposed to be one of the "good guys": a member of the League, an Elite Four no less, and yet she's so far into Lysandre's organization she's practically second in command. As much as it could be Lysandre's influence and charisma, Malva definitely leans into and embraces this position, and this little fic does a marvelous job at showing why.

I particularly love the little quote sections from her in between each "step" of her descent (or ascent from her perspective). This isn't a case of an impressionable youth who got caught up in the wrong crowd. From her very core, Malva is a deceptive, brutal, and uncompassionate person. And I am here for it.

This was definitely a fun read, I can always appreciate an author's ability to get into the head of a less-than-savory person and justify all of their terrible traits, thoughts, and actions. You've painted the picture of a despicable, deceitful person, and it feels so right. Well done!
Thank you so much! Malva is one of my favorite characters in a sense that I love to hate her. And yeah, there’s not enough Malva fics out there. I’m really glad you enjoyed it! 🥰

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
Here for Review Blitz! Kalos Elite 4 fic? Oh I am spoiled today, SPOILED. People don't appreciate these guys enough. Especially Seibold, my dear sweet Seibold. I appreciate him having a big role in this, even if it's one that's OH NO MY POR BOY inducing.

But he's not the star of the show, is he? No that's Malva. Conniving, cruel, capricious Malva. You do a good job of showing how much of an asshole she is but also very, very importantly why she is such an asshole. Of COURSE she's a rich brat that had everything handed to her on a silver platter and thought she could get away with anything. It makes her falling into the bougie fascism of Team Flare an exceedingly obvious and natural path.

You do a good job of portraying Malva's abusive side too Not too cartoonish - you don't see Malva screaming about hangers - but not too openly fetishized, and just the right amount of chilling and in-character sense. Once again I feel bad for poor Seibold and everyone else for having to put up with her.

Speaking of everyone else, Diantha has an intresting role to play here - the one who resists Malva's bullshit the most. It's very fun to see Malva get frustrated with Diantha to see through her unflappable manipulative mask.

I do wish there was more meat to the bones of this story. As much as my tired brain liked something short and easy to process, it has more potential than "narration summary peppered by occasional lines of dialogue. Of course, that would require a pretty extensive rewrite to pout actual scenes and shit in there so if you do that it's up to you, but I think I'd be fun to see.

(Also where's Drasna. Gib me dragon lady.)

But this was a very good focus ion an underfocused character! Makes me crave more.

Just a Torchic

~ Utterly glorious ~
Pronouns
she/they/he?
Partners
  1. torchic
  2. custom/torchic-blue
Here for Review Blitz! Kalos Elite 4 fic? Oh I am spoiled today, SPOILED. People don't appreciate these guys enough. Especially Seibold, my dear sweet Seibold. I appreciate him having a big role in this, even if it's one that's OH NO MY POR BOY inducing.
We feast like kings tonight.
But he's not the star of the show, is he? No that's Malva. Conniving, cruel, capricious Malva. You do a good job of showing how much of an asshole she is but also very, very importantly why she is such an asshole. Of COURSE she's a rich brat that had everything handed to her on a silver platter and thought she could get away with anything. It makes her falling into the bougie fascism of Team Flare an exceedingly obvious and natural path.
love writing bastard Malva. Wish I did it more.
You do a good job of portraying Malva's abusive side too Not too cartoonish - you don't see Malva screaming about hangers - but not too openly fetishized, and just the right amount of chilling and in-character sense. Once again I feel bad for poor Seibold and everyone else for having to put up with her.
Not to go on too much of a tangent here, but I really wanted to call out tHe MeDiA's double standard of abuse: Man abusing woman? Terrible. Woman abusing woman/Man abusing man? Terrible. Woman abusing man? Comedy. It's gotten a little better over the years, as we've been seeing more works showing that anyone can be a victim/perpetrator regardless of gender or orientation and that all abuse is bad, but still, we have a long way to go, and I still see some people say that men can't be victims and women can't be abusers.
Speaking of everyone else, Diantha has an intresting role to play here - the one who resists Malva's bullshit the most. It's very fun to see Malva get frustrated with Diantha to see through her unflappable manipulative mask.
Stan Malva.
I do wish there was more meat to the bones of this story. As much as my tired brain liked something short and easy to process, it has more potential than "narration summary peppered by occasional lines of dialogue. Of course, that would require a pretty extensive rewrite to pout actual scenes and shit in there so if you do that it's up to you, but I think I'd be fun to see.
I'm planning on including more "Malva being a bastard" in more Facadeverse fics, especially later into ATAC
(Also where's Drasna. Gib me dragon lady.)
Umbra I already have enough oneshot ideas on my backlog /j Drasna deserves more respect
But this was a very good focus ion an underfocused character! Makes me crave more.
>: ) Hehehe...

Top Bottom