• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Grass Continent ~ Treasure Town Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Far, far below the cliffs of Treasure Town, south and down a long and winding path of grass and a dirt road, were the warm sands of the western beach. Typically on a late noon like this, as the sun approaches the horizon, Krabby would blow bubbles over the ocean, their prismatic glow decorating the sky into the night. The waves were calm and the water was a clear blue. Beach Cave, further south of the shoreline, was home to several Pokemon that lived in the former Dungeon.

Its distortion had long since faded, and now the feral Pokemon that lived there were friendly and curious, no longer agitated by the constant distortions of a Dungeon's presence. Occasionally, a curious Shellos would slide out of the cave and stare at the visitors.

However, thanks to the recent tremors, it seems that not even the Krabby are coming out tonight...

Day 1 late noon ~ Reflecting on the mission

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
A family of Shellos well off to the side were the only Pokémon in Astrid’s immediate sight. That was fine by her. She’d already decided this was her favorite spot in town; it was the very first place that allowed her to hear herself think.

“Okay, okay…” she told the gentle waves sliding onto the shore at her feet, soaking her paws and cleansing the sand in between them.

For good measure, she raised one of them, letting any remaining grains fall. It all felt real enough. For better measure, she inhaled, took aim at an indiscriminate point in the sky, and—

Nothing came out except an unruly mist.

“That wasn’t Aurora Beam,” she remarked. Oh well. At least she still had Freeze Dry.

Her tails brushed against the sand as she plopped down on the shoreline, letting out an icy breath that the afternoon sun wasted no time condensing. The ocean water rushing up against her sent waves of pleasant warmth up her body. They distracted her from the pounding in her chest trying to convince her that she wasn’t at all prepared for this.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid jumped. She wasn’t expecting to be followed. Hell, she was shocked she’d even been noticed.

In the wake of being greeted, her shock dissolved into a smile that spread across her face—one that she felt silly for wearing, given that the newcomer couldn’t see it.

“Hi Cuicatl!” She made a mental note to work on pronouncing that later. “I’m Astrid. Sorry, I didn’t mean to run away from the group or anything.”

Another wave brushed against her fur, leading her to stand up again and shake off. “I figured this would be the perfect spot to slow down and try to process everything. It all looks so beautiful, so I just...”

She bit her tongue. What a stupid thing to say to a blind Pokémon. Her favorite ice-breaker question (“what’s your favorite color?”) didn’t really work here either.

“...A-anyway, um, yeah,” she giggled, swallowing.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Awwww, Astrid was nervous. And cute. Cutely nervous. Nervously cute. She also sounded smarter than Pix. Closer to human. Maybe this wouldn’t work. It was still her best lead, and she seemed friendly enough.

“I get it. A lot happened. I barely understood a third of it.” Mostly the third where she was a dragon. “Surprised you like the beach. I knew a vulpix back home who hated anything this hot.”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid giggled again. “Beaches really grew on me as I got older. I lived in the mountains when I was little, but started living near the coast once I became an explorer. Getting used to the salty air took a while, but yep! I’m a full-fledged sea gal, hehe.”

Already, the weight lodged in her chest was beginning to lift. She could worry about her purpose here later. Right now, she had something else on her mind.

Sobering up a bit, she glanced around and asked Cuicatl, “What do you make of that Charizard? Thank the stars he wasn’t hostile, but still...” She flicked at the sand with a forepaw. “I really wish he’d told us more.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste strolled down to the beach. It wasn’t busy place, and he needed some calm. There were a couple others there, though. The Deino that claimed to have been a human, and a strange Vulpix with discoloured fur.

“Hello. Do you mind if I join you? I... need a spot to relax.”

He sat down beside them before actually waiting for a response.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid caught him sitting down before getting a response. Thankfully, she didn’t mind at all. New friends? On this crazy ride? Yes please.

“Sure,” she said, smiling—wishing she’d saved her comment about the beach’s view for the arrival of someone with eyes. Oh well. “It got chaotic back there, so I thought I’d go somewhere a little more familiar.”

She turned towards Cuicatl. The meekness in here tone could not hide a hint of pride lying underneath. “Exploring is all about charting the world and finding stuff that nobody else has found! It’s a lot of fun, though it had been getting especially dangerous before I... well... before all this.” A sigh. “...I‘d call it a nice break, but this adventure somehow feels even more dangerous.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
At the mention of how dangerous this felt, Celeste nodded. “It’s good to know that’s not just me who’s feeling endangered. I was worried it was just me worrying about not having a-“

He caught himself about to start the conversation on a tangent about his own feelings. Just because he was scared doesn’t mean everything he knew about holding conversation had to go out the window.

“You do exploring, you say? I’ve always wondered what exploring would be like, but it was never one of the paths open to me... or, it hadn’t been, before now. I suppose I’m about to get my fill of adventure now.”

Last edited:

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
“There are unexplored places on my world. The deep sea, the thickest jungles, most of the moon. Maybe a mountain or two. I’ve never thought about exploring them. Too far from home. And I couldn’t see them anyway. It’s hard enough to walk on trails. Unmarked, untamed wilderness? Pass.”

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Cuicatl shrugged. Tried to shrug. It’s rather awkward as a quadruped. Comes off as more of a bow. “We sent some people there years ago. They walked around, got some rocks, came back. We stopped at some point. Not sure why.”

Unless it was faked. Her father and school insisted it was. But her mother’s memories strongly suggested otherwise and those seemed more credible.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Cuicatl considered how much Astrid would even know about the moon on a world full of Pokémon. Some had probably been. Metagross were spacefarers, at least. Not that metagross are terribly social with other Pokémon.

“Well, the moon is a ball of rock. The explorers took some and brought it back in their sky ship.”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Sky ship. There were some Pokémon Astrid had heard of coming from space… was that what she meant? Jirachi had joked about it enough during dinner for her and a few others to seriously consider that he might’ve come from out there, that weirdo.

She bit her lip. Maybe it would be best not to think of home very much now that she was here, away from them. Away from them. That part was really starting to sink in, and it was hard to keep that out of her voice.

“That’s pretty cool!” Something occurred to her suddenly, providing the distraction she needed. “But… why’d they stop? I mean, I know you just said you weren’t sure, but I can’t help but wonder.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
A smile crept onto Celeste’s face. “Heh. Going to the moon for a few rocks? Humans really are as strong-willed as the stories say. Too bad Salac’s not here... She’d have so much to ask you.

This place really is full of enigmas. Humans, giant Magicarp, the crystal creature,” he said, before turning to Astrid, “and you. I’ve never heard of a Vulpix looking quite like you before.”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“I used to think this was what every Vulpix looked like, actually,” Astrid remarked. “Then, when I moved to the Water Continent of my world, all the Vulpix I saw after that were orange and could spit fire. It was pretty cool.”

She turned to Cuicatl. “There were legends of humans in my world too. But they take place so long ago that no one can really verify if they’re true or not. I definitely believe it though.”

A sudden realization drew out a giggle. “Y’know… in spite of that, Cuicatl, you’re not the first human-turned-Pokemon I’ve met. It must not be such an uncommon thing after all, crazy circumstances or not.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom