• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Grass Continent ~ Treasure Town Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's grin didn't falter. "Then you must also trust in what he asked of me... which is to 'reign in the bleeding hearts should it become necessary.' Again, if you don't like it, take it up with him."

He floated up from Cabot. "I'm going somewhere else. Take care little one." And Bahamut flew off before Cabot could respond.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot gave Bahamut an incredulous look, before gritting his teeth. Who did Bahamut think he was?! All Bahamut had done today was belittle him, dismiss everything he said, and act like he knew everything better than him, even when he clearly didn't know what he was talking about! How had Bahamut even gone from considering himself so worthless that he refused to even use his own name to being this smug?! Besides, Diyem probably didn't even tell him that! ... Right?

Diyem...? You didn't ask Bahamut anything like that, did you?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem as silent for a while, perhaps because he hadn't expected to be called, and perhaps also because he was occupied elsewhere.

Ask what? Diyem said. I sense you are upset by something.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
...It's somewhat true, Diyem replied simply. There may be some points in this mission where those less experienced, or those more compassionate, may be taken advantage of. I did not expect Bahamut to override the opinion of the entire team. Only those who think too much with their hearts when a decisive action is necessary. One that... may hurt me, when the time comes. But I do not matter. Cibus is what is important. And if people lose sight of that... I am hoping for Bahamut to remind everyone of the mission. I doubt he will be alone.

After all, you are no stranger to following orders that may not settle well with you. Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
There was nothing but silence for a moment, before Cabot finally responded. N-No, I'm not, and at least that's different than what Bahamut said, it's just... why do you think you might need to sacrifice yourself in order to save Cibus?

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Right... I understand then. Though I think we can save Cibus without you having to do something like that. Maybe that doesn't sound very convincing right now, but Meringue was also skeptical about us saving Lugia, yet we did great when fighting her and Darkwhite.

R4 – Letting Things Out - Icetales and Brisa

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
The sea was quiet that early morning. Shades of pink, orange and yellow colored its salty water, making it look like someone had dropped huge buckets of watercolors. A soft marine breeze blew across the sand and spread the pleasant and invigorating aroma of iodine.

Seated under a palm tree was Icetales, staring forlornly at the panorama with ears pressed tightly against his head. His tails brushed against some papers lying under her paws. Papers as blank as his spirit.

Why am I here? I… I am not the most apt of choices…

Darkwhite. Silver Trench. And now Maple.

Failure. Failure. Failure.

He shut his eyes.

Some hero I turned out to be! I cannot do anything right! I wager even the festival would turn into a disaster, if I were to persevere.

He glanced at his bag, his gaze lingering on the plans he always carried around. There were only a few minor touches and tweaks required to start it for real. He scowled.

…Useless rubbish. I am useless.

Wordlessly, he crammed the white sheets back into his bag, not even bothering to make sure they didn’t crease. He couldn’t think properly and he was tired of staring at the whiteness. He needed something else.

Suddenly, he remembered a lesson that Keo’Keo V had taught him many years ago…

To unleash thy stress, thou might consider venting thy frustration with tears or squalls, as keeping thy emotions inside will merely damage thee, she said.

Keo’Keo V was always so smart and wise. It was always a good idea to heed her words. He had already leaked his fair share of tears, so squalling be it.

He strode toward the shore and stared at the horizon. Then, he took in as much iodine air as he could and…

Kwoooooooh…

A low, guttural howl came out of his jaws and reverberated all around him — chilling and frightening, like nightmarish winter winds. The lungs emptied and the tails chilled, cloaking his body in a thin mist. He felt so free, one with the sky, the sand and the sea.

He perked up when he heard chittering, and upon glancing at the source, he saw some Krabby hurrying toward the sea. He halted instantly. Were they startled by his unholy cry?

Heavens! What am I doing? This is so barbaric! So indecorous! So degrading! So… so… so liberating…

He was flabbergasted: squalling made him feel a tad better. And so, he howled once more and to his heart’s content, pouring all his frustration and self-contempt into those cries.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Since returning from the Reverse World and her cathartic lunchtime trip to the Cafe with Starr and Curio, Brisa had been ordered to strict bed rest.

Naturally, she was instead up and about, eager to make a positive impression on newcomers to the posse and to show that she was still fighting-fit, three days of starvation and exposure in a cave be damned. And indeed, she was fine, perfectly so, as after all she'd suffered no serious injuries and hunger was nothing a few good meals couldn't fix.

Except that a strong gust of wind from a landing flying-type that morning had made her flatten her ears back against her head and cower. Except that she hadn't felt at ease until she'd stashed plenty of food and medical supplies in her satchel. Except that when she woke up that morning and realised Starr was absent, she'd become short of breath for a moment before realising that this wasn't the cave, she wasn't alone or trapped, she hadn't killed Starr, she was fine.

She was fine.

She still hadn't seen Owen or Astrid, or much of anyone yet. That was fine, too. One thing at a time, and she had asked over the telepathic link not to be crowded before shutting it off again. It was in this state that she paced the crossroads of Treasure Town on her twenty-seventh day on Cibus, wondering where she should wander.

A faint vulpine calling from the beach decided for her. Brisa descended to the beach at an easy lope, taking conscious pleasure in everything from the sun, to her freedom of movement, to her full belly. Down on the sands was the ice-type vulpix she'd heard one or two things about. She approached Icetales carefully, and wondered how to greet him.

"How d'you do, there?" she called. "I gather you're a fella by the name of Keo'Keo. I'm Brisa, pleasure to meet ya."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Mist. He was mist. A howling, Vulpix-shaped mist, hovering freely by the sea.

Such quiet solitude, where he was just himself and his howls…

"How d'you do, there?"

…or so he thought.

What the—?!

His eyes widened and his windpipe clogged, reducing his ongoing howl to raucous sputtering. What excellent timing, to be found howling at the sky like some primitive den dweller!

Goodness gracious! Who’s there? Argh! Why are folks up at this time?

He turned sharply to the voice, flustered and embarrassed, and his gaze landed on… some feline creature. The color of her pelt was most unusual: pale azure with shades of dark brown. However, his eyes were quick to spot the rings around her forepaws and the star-shaped tip of the tail. Also, those golden irises…

Ah. A Shinx? What peculiar pelt.

"I gather you're a fella by the name of Keo'Keo. I'm Brisa, pleasure to meet ya."

Icetales blinked. It was weird to hear someone calling him by his family name. Not that he minded too much, but it was most puzzling to hear that name from a stranger, considering that he always told everyone to call him ‘Icetales’.

But still, a new acquaintance! Oh, what must she be thinking after that unflattering first impression? He regained his composure as quickly as he could and beamed a small smile, pushing his despair to the antechamber of his brain.

“Um. This is indeed the name of yours truly, miss,” he said with a gentle tone, his tails swaying slowly. “The pleasure is mutual. Fancy meeting thee under such lovely sky.” He tilted his head as he assimilated her name. “Brisa… this name does not sound new.”

Memories of the Main Square rushed back to his mind. The lost comrades… the gathering for a search party… Starr… Brisa…

Everything clicked into place.

“…Oh. Indeed. Thou art a fellow comrade of our cortège.” Icetales looked curiously at her. He omitted mentioning her harrowing experience. The last thing he needed was to make someone else feel uncomfortable. “And what brings thee here, at the birth of a new day? Thou fancied seeing the rising sun?”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Yeah, I'm on the posse, still gettin' to know everyone on it. 'Specially newcomers who I ain't had so much as a chance to meet yet."

The poor fellow seemed sheepish. She'd figure out his deal, but maybe she could put him at his ease. She managed a small, dry smile. She'd been giving those out more freely since arriving on Cibus, even after her less pleasant experiences.

"I'm told you're the fella arrangin' some kinda welcome-back party for me 'n' Starr. That's mighty considerate of ya, seein' as you don't know us yet. Nice howlin', by the way, I'll join ya for some if you like."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales sighed inwardly. The festival was supposed to be a surprise, and yet somehow the secret had leaked out. It was like it was impossible to keep anything under wraps in that brave new world.

Oh well. No point in complaining about that anymore.

“What thou have heard is accurate, indeed. I have been spilling sweat and fur and gathering the best of material and gourmet food to organize a truly luxurious and delectable festival. I mean, getting good comrades back safe and sound is an event that ought to be celebrated.”

He smiled a bit wider. “I also wanted to have plenty of foodstuffs for you both to sink thy fangs into…” he took a quick gaze at her recuperating body, “but I reckon that shan’t be necessary anymore. Thou seem to be handling thyself… remarkably well. I commend that.”

Icetales paused for a while, before shaking his head in embarrassment. “And, oh! That shrill, lousy squalling? Um… there is no need to sugarcoat that, I am aware I am the most terrible of howlers.” He sighed and looked at the sea, his tails twitching. “…I was in dire need of sharing the nightmares in my heart with the cosmos…”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa found herself grinning wryly. Yet another troubled fella, huh? Whatever it was, it probably wasn't as bad as what Starr was carrying.

"Appreciate the thought, fella. But frankly, sharin' some stuff with the cosmos by way of hollerin' sounds like a celebration that's more my speed. You need anyone to listen to 'your heart's nightmares,' or just the sky, huh?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Hmm…” Icetales frowned and his tails shook once, spreading some snowflakes. “Truthfully, I do not know, myself.”

He looked down and dragged a paw on the sand, drawing many circles. “I sort of… deemed wise and considerate to distance myself from our common comrades. I… I wager they all hate yours truly now and wish I never appeared in this world. Many hurtful words have been sent in my and my fellow travelers’ way…”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom