• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Grass Continent ~ Treasure Town Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple looked at Cabot curiously, like she did not understand the question.

"She might be beyond our league, Cabot," Owen said, frowning. "I'm... going to get some rest, though."

"Same," Meringue said, sighing. "See you guys in the morning, I guess..."

With that, the team started to retire for the second half of the night.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…It appears our common lady here is not someone to be easily perturbed by mere detonations,” pondered Icetales, before smirking jovially and wagging his tails. A powdery snow floated around his body. “Wish I could claim such unique trait for myself, but alas. Having a frigid body makes thee incompatible with bursts and blazes, thou see.”

He tilted his head. “But, well, ever considered having someone use Wake-Up Slap on thee? It would be a less… hazardous solution.” He shrugged. “But fair, retire and rest we must.”

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate started when the little Lugia chastised him for wondering about their mother. How in the hell--oh, right, psychic. There was something he definitely hadn't missed, assholes rummaging around in your private thoughts like they owned the place. "Maybe don't go creeping in people's heads if you can't handle what you find there, asshole!" he yelled at Meringue.

At least he'd gotten confirmation that the mew thing was the Darkwhite everyone had been talking about. What had the poochyena called it, "Mew's evil twin?" Yeah, pretty much. And apparently they'd be fighting it soon enough.

If they even could fight it. If even the fucking God Squad coudn't land a hit, how the hell were they supposed to do shit to that thing? And speaking of God Squad, the smeargle said she'd had several urgent messages? Other people sending an SOS, or was there some entire other shit going on tonight that he didn't even know about? Always fucking hiding things, those--

Nate pulled up short, suddenly remembering where he was. He couldn't think about this here, since apparently some people around here couldn't respect people's privacy. Stay the fuck out of my head, you fucking bird-fish-abomination thing, he thought as loud as he could at the (future?) lord of the sea, and followed it up with the grossest thoughts he could think of, just in case the fucker couldn't take a hint. Clutching his bag close he and set out in search of somewhere less psychic to mull things over.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"He should've been brought here as a popplio. He'd make a fantastic primarina with those pouting expressions he puts on his face. A real drama queen, by the looks of it." Bahamut seemed to be directing that comment at no one in particular, though he was sure Diyem had heard him.

Next Morning ~ Owen and Bahamut

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
<><><>
After the hectic night at the beach, the sands were s till in ruins here and there, though it seemed that a few Pokemon had made an effort to level out the field again. It still wasn't enough, however

After locating Bahamut on his badge, Owen found that he was indeed here--though he shouldn't have been too surprised--and made his way down. He could only imagine what Bahamut would want to tell him... He was a very intimidating Dragon, and there was something about him that always had him feeling strange. He tried not to think too much about that.

"Bahamut?" Owen called.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut sat with his legs crossed and his tail wrapped around his waist. He had his upper and lower wings wrapped around their respective chest-spikes. Bahamut had no lungs for breathing, rather his body rhythmically glowed and dimmed.

"Do you need something, child?" His eyes remained closed. Bahamut continued to face the ocean.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
He calls everyone that, Owen reminded himself. "No, I was going to ask you the same thing," he said. "Sorry it took so long, but a lot was going on. You wanted to talk to me?" He took a brief measurement of where Bahamut was sitting and crossed his legs beside him, glancing at the ocean water and wondering if the waves would reach him.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I do. But I need to see if we're being watched. This is... a sensitive matter."

His head tendrils brightened as he scanned for any sign of nearby auras. Specifically anyone from the so-called God Squad. When he didn't register anything, he said, "I know we're working for Dark Matter. The rest of the team must be informed of this. Discretely, of course."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded. "Right... So far, Curio, Dave, Brisa, and Cabot know, aside from the two of us. They might have told a few others about it, too." He braced for an incoming wave, but it didn't quite reach him. "...I think some of the others might freak out more, though. I heard that Cynthian didn't have a good time with the Dark Matter of his world, for one..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Yes, well, it is a necessary evil in a number of ways." Bahamut maintained his pose. "They cannot continue to remain ignorant of this fact. The situation on Cibus has evolved beyond what Dark Matter was expecting. We cannot allow our allies to continue charging blindly into the fray.

"He also let slip that there is yet more information he is withholding from us. He's waiting to see how everyone takes the revelation of his identity before giving us the bigger picture." Gold shifted to orange, then yellow, then back to gold. "Thus, even if some would not agree, it is truly in the team's best interest everyone be brought up to speed."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Even more?" Owen asked. "I guess I've been wondering a few things about him, but..." Well, he supposed there was the fact that he knew to send them all there to begin with, or how he was able to find the connection in such a timely manner at all.

"Right. I'll try to tell as many of them as I can. We've got a few days before Darkwhite does... whatever she's planning on doing, right? But--" Owen glanced behind him. Nobody. Back ahead. "How will we keep all of them from not slipping this info to Maple?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I believe that is a logical impossibility," Bahamut replied. "Sooner, rather than later, she and her ilk need to be made aware. Since we know for ourselves, we cannot claim ignorance on the matter. The longer we sit on this information, the greater a chance it blows up in our faces." A smirk tugged at his beak. "As an example, Darkwhite might be aware of our team's true nature. Perhaps part of her 'trap' will be to blab this secret to Maple in an effort to turn her against us."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen's flame crackled. "You're right... what if she does know? But if that's the case, and Maple hears it from Darkwhite... what if that makes her more trusting of us in return? Like, if Darkwhite says it, then maybe she'll think it would be to disrupt us, and... I dunno..." It was still a huge risk, which Owen believed they mutually acknowledged. "The sooner the better. Right... But, er... who's gonna tell Maple? I don't think I told anybody this, but I got a read on her power, and..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"She, like our boss, is hiding something terrifying." Bahamut still didn't turn to face Owen. "I mean... I think anyone on our team could tell you that, darling. Those portals she uses are not something that a smeargle could casually learn with Sketch. And that kooky light blade... that is no pokémon attack that I've seen."

Pink rippled through his face. The ocean water lapped up against his legs, but some evaporated from the heat Bahamut gave off. "I'm not sure what the best way to go about telling her is. It should be as simple as just walking up and stating as such. But it might have to come from the... least objectionable people here." He paused. "Likely you and Cabot, since you share the sickly sweet 'Let's all be friends and have a picnic under sunshine and rainbows' vibe."

Though, he'd honestly prefer just Owen going, since Cabot was currently one of the strongest attackers.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen glanced at Bahamut, weighing his options. "That's true," he said, deciding that taking it head-on wasn't going to be very useful. "But doesn't Maple also trust you quite a bit? I mean... I guess at the same time, you might not be the best one to deliver it in a way that won't make her second guess everything." He lowered his eyelids halfway. "Meanwhile, I think your personality is still trying to catch up to how bright your body is now."

Though, he did laugh a little afterward. "...But I think... that's good, in a way."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Silence, then: "Reality can be a harsh mistress. You were living in blissful ignorance until yesterday, after all. But, for all I know, your newly-regained memories are hiding tragedy." Bahamut held up his right upper wing and, like he was reciting from a book, said, "Those who try to smile through their pain are volcanoes set to blow at any moment. If you cannot control their eruptions, expect to be burned."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen didn't look very moved by what Bahamut was saying; in fact, he laughed a little. "You've got a lot of those, huh?" he said. "Old sayings that are easy for mortals to digest and tie together and stuff. It's smart. Helps people visualize what that's like..."

Another wave washed over the sand, and this time it went around his waist, to which he winced. Still, he endured. This was nothing.

"But I think the problem with those analogies is it oversimplifies things."

Another wave, compounding on the original one where it doused his tail. Owen didn't flinch, though his hands clenched until the water subsided. His flame crackled back to life.

"There's a place to smile and there's a place to unload. Sometimes if you show weakness, the rest of your team will lose morale. It's... about balance." He smiled wryly. "But I mean, I dunno how to turn that into one of those cool sayings about volcanoes and eruptions."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut chuckled. "I wasn't saying there aren't places. But you strike me as the type who does nothing but smile through the pain. So, I cannot help but wonder when that pressure to help others and stuff your own problems will get to such a point that it breaks you." He finally broke his pose and coiled around Owen like a glowing, limbed arbok. "It's fascinating."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen chuckled again, though the words did sting. The stung because, at least in part, they were true. "I'm sorry, Bahamut," he said. "I guess I'm very selective about who I show my weakness to, I guess. I came from a place where I didn't know who I could trust... not even myself. I guess I just had to grin and bear it until it all..." He trailed off, frowning.

He watched Bahamut coil around him, and his frown deepened. "You think it's fascinating, do you?" he asked, his expression oddly cold. "That's an interesting way to react to a teammate you know is hurting."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Yes. I'm afraid it's what I have to offer at this moment." Bahamut shook his head. "Long ago, I would heal injured psyches. But this temporary body is incapable of such feats. There is, of course, a more conversational-based route. But we are relative strangers and whatever progress you're able to make will be undone when we return to our original bodies and our respective worlds." He lowered his head closer to Owen's eye level. "And you... you spend so much time to observing and babbling about things that go around around you. I wonder... do you ever truly look inside yourself? Allow your mind to be still? If there was anywhere to start... that would be the place."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom