• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Grass Continent ~ Treasure Town Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste let out a little humming as he pondered. “You’ve met other humans turn pokémon... before coming here? Hmm...

I wonder if I could ever meet one back in my home... Aha, that’s just wishful thinking. I know it’s hardly likely, especially because I’m a quite a few centuries too late. I’ll just have to get my fill of human mysticism here.”

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr wandered away from the town square, muttering to herself. She sure as hell didn't want to follow that shady owl to the shop. And she wasn't in the mood to train either. Sure, punching the crap out of a punching bag sounded nice, but that wasn't exactly doable in a tiny cat body. And... it just didn't feel the same without her team.

Her team. Her friends. How long would it be before she saw any of them again?

Not that she'd ever admit it, but she kind of wanted to... talk to someone normal. Someone else who was in the same boat as her. The Zangoose was a dumbass, the Poochyena was an asshole, the kung fu panda wannabe... well, who even knew with that guy. She couldn't remember who else was human here and didn't feel like asking. Half the Pokemon had never even seen a human before and the other half were acting like this was gonna be some kind of fun adventure. Because rushing toward failure out of some kind of glorified hero complex was supposed to be fun.

She found herself wandering toward the beach without really thinking about it. The water was calm and quiet. Feraligatr would've changed that in a heartbeat if she were here. Tearing up and down the beach, spraying water at Arcanine to annoy her, climbing up those cliffs and cannonballing into the surf.

Starr dug her claws into the sand without realizing, then immediately batted at the sand once she noticed. Whatever. The sooner they finished their mission, the sooner she could go home.

Further down the shore, the Absol from truth or dare was talking with a snowy Vulpix and a Deino. She ignored them, and stared out at the sea.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr's ear flicked toward their conversation. The Deino was human? Something vaguely told her she should have remembered that, but there was way the hell too much stuff happening back at the town square, and it had slipped her mind.

"You're human too?" she said without thinking, and it was too late to pretend she hadn't heard.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
"Hmm?" She didn't recognize the speaker's voice. Or scent. But she didn't really know many useful scents in the first place. Besides, her power hadn't been reliable since she got here. It might not have survived the transition to being a dragon. A small price to pay, but still. "Oh, yeah. Hi! My name is Cuicatl Ichtaca. I'm from Anahuac."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Welp, the Deino--Cuicatl--responded, so it was too late for Starr to pretend she hadn't said anything. Could always just up and leave but, eh... she really shouldn't make a habit of pissing people off unless they're asking for it. Besides, wasn't she just hoping for another human to talk to? So with not much alternative, she stood up and walked over to the small gathering further down the beach.

"Anahuac, huh? Can't say I've heard of that." Not that that ruled out there being one in her world--hell if she knew the name of every country in the world. "I'm from Tohjo. They got one of those where you're from? And if so, is it as screwed up as mine?"

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Cuicatl paused. Tohjo... Tohjo... she thought she'd heard of it. It sounded a little bit Japanese - like Hoenn, and Sinnoh (where Shirona and her garchomp and milotic and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh so badass was from).

"Is it in Japan?" Wait, as mine? "And you think you're from another world from me? I guess it's possible, but..." She'd expected that all the humans be from one world. The pokemon all seemed to come from the future of hers in any case. Maybe they were just from different time periods.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr ran a paw down the side of her face. "I don't friggin know any more, that one kid Ash-something was from a world that didn't even have Pokémon, so I'm just expecting the weirdest possible shit now." She paused, tail flicking pensively. "To be honest, it'd be kind of a relief if I wasn't the only one here from my world though. Even if it's different time periods or whatever the hell." Why was she talking like being from different time periods was somehow the normal option here. What the hell.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“Kinda makes you wonder how this whole thing works,” Astrid mused. “I had no idea there some being out there that could bridge different worlds—or, er, possibly time periods—but now here we are.” Her eyes sparkled. “Mawile is gonna be stoked when I tell her all about it!”

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Great. The Vulpix was one of the ones who thought all this was cool. Just great. "Yeah, well, if said high-and-mighty world-crossing legend seriously thought it was a good idea to bring us all here, least of all me, then I want whatever the hell he was smoking," Starr said with a scoff.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr didn't think she could have made a more weirded-out face if she'd tried. Good thing Deino couldn't see. "'Hard to understand' yeah, I'd say wiping a fucking city off the map because they feel like it is hard to understand." Granted... it's not like that wasn't humans' fault. Not like she'd helped piss the legends off when she--nope, nope, not thinking about that here. Not here. This was an entirely different world and none of that crap mattered here.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr stared. What... the hell kind of way to describe things was that. "Yeah, I dunno what things are like where you're from, but if that's the case, the only thing they're 'defending' us from is our own damn stupidity." All that destruction, all because humans couldn't stop screwing with them. Starr glowered, feeling the strange and unfamiliar urge to bury her claws in something. There was nothing but sand.

"God, this is depressing. Someone talk about something else."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste, who’d had no idea what was being discussed anyways, was happy to oblige. “Talk about something else? Sure. Salac’d kill me if I got to talk to real live humans and didn’t ask them about the mysteries of their society.

In almost every human ruin ever explored, they’ve found these funny white ceramic bowls, but nobody knows what they for! It’s one of the biggest mysteries about human society. Do they serve some religious function?”

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Vulpix quickly got lost in the sea of back-and-forths. Legendary Pokémon, destruction that she could only dream of... hey, wait, her friends had encountered a legendary once! They got beaten up pretty bad, or so she’d been told, before—

Off topic. She’d worry about how weird these humans were later. Or, maybe she wouldn’t; maybe it was their turn to worry about how weird it could get being a Pokémon.

Astrid stretched underneath the afternoon sun, digging her back paws deep into the sand for leverage while leaning her head down and stretching her forepaws all the way forward. “Mmm. Did anyone from the group seem to know who that Charizard was, actually? I can’t help but wonder why it revealed itself in that form when it’s pretty obvious a Charizard isn’t capable of all this.”

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr blinked. "Ceramic bowls? What are you..." She paused, squinting. Wait... She burst out laughing. "Are you friggin serious? 'Religious function' oh my god, that's rich."

It took her several seconds to regain herself. "Yeah, sorry to kill the mystical air and all, but you're asking about a goddamn toilet. You know, place where you take a dump?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom