• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

General RP Thread

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"The fuck does that mean, exactly?"
"Uh, lemme explain real quick. The Golden King once ruled the world, believing that only the strong could live, but when humans started to befriend Pokémon, he didn't like that, so he tried to strike back to no avail and when he was defeated, the other Legends sealed his power away." Seb took a deep breath before he continued. "But now he's most likely here again and up to no good, kidnapping everyone. He'll tear us apart if we don't do anything!"
"No, really! He might just think you're some Cipher experiments. Even though you both look strange-- no offense, by the way-- you're still both Pokémon!"
"None taken," Jack said with a quick shake of his head. "Well, we'll see what happens."

"Guess we should go there now," Zack said. He stood up and hopped off of the branch, hovering in midair with a few wing flaps. After making a three-point landing behind Seb, the muscular Pidgeot looked up at Wes curiously. "Yo, what's goin' on?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"What the fuck did you do to your Pokémon?!"
Seb ran towards his birds, tucked under Zack's wing for protection. "Nothing! I found Zack like this--I wouldn't do anything awful to my birds! What's your deal anyway?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Quit your bullshit! You didn't find him like that, you made him into that!"
"Wait..." Seb looked down in thought for a moment, adjusting his glasses. "I think I've seen this before. Are you a Team Plasma supporter?"

"Oh, I think I get what you're sayin', buddy," Zack said, glaring at Wes as he flicked his bang feather a few times. "You one of those guys who hates Trainer folk, ain't ya?" He looked at Merian rather remorsefully. "Sorry you got rounded up with him, my guy."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Am I a what? Fuck is that?"
"I guess you didn't read the stories on the internet. Well..." Seb cleared his throat before beginning to explain. "Team Plasma is a group in Unova that promoted the 'liberation', as they called it, of all Pokémon from 'the tyranny and abuse of humans'. That was all a front and emotional manipulation so that the boss, Ghetsis, could take over the world uncontested by having all Pokémon submitted to him." He looked down in disappointment, downtrodden. "I thought you were brainwashed by those guys."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
He snorted. " 'Brainwashed'? Hell no. If Snagem couldn't keep me in their chains, then nothing can." Wes paused briefly, head tilted slightly. "Though I have to say, that's not a bad objective for the group. Maybe if their boss wasn't a shithead, they could've actually done something."
"Unbelievable..." Seb shook his head, grimacing.

Zack stepped forward with a determined glare towards Wes. "I'll handle this. If words can't snap him outta that bad guy attitude he's got, maybe a good kick will do it."

"Zack, wait." Seb raised his head and eyebrows. "You wanna fight this other Wes? Wouldn't that be dangerous? What if he hurts you or you hurt him by accident."

"As if that'd happen." The Pidgeot opened his wings, a loud flap accompanying his motions. "Everyone, get back."

Jack hopped off of his friend's shoulder. "I don't know if this is the best solution. Then again, most debates are solved with battles, so..."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"W-Wait! Nobody needs to fight! I know you guys don't see eye to eye, but this is a little extreme, don't you think?"
"I think so," Jack replied. "I seriously doubt that anything good will come from a fight."

Seb looked down at his Mega Ring in thought. This Wes didn't believe that Trainers could be good people towards their Pokémon. What if he showed him some proof of his friendship with Zack?

"But I have this, right?" Zack showed the Pidgeotite he held in his wing to Wes, Merian and Nico with a proud grin. "This little magic rock here can help me go all-out so long as Seb's there to help me. Want me to show ya? All I need is to be good pals with him before I can tap into the power, or else I go crazy."

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Ah, well." Zack shook his head for a brief moment. He took a battle position, his wings curled into fists. "I can't wait to show ya some epic stuff, anyway."

Yeah, maybe a battle could help this edgy Wes see that he was good friends with his birds. Seb swiped his jacket, letting it trail behind him in a similar fashion to a cape. "Alright. Zack looks ready, so I should be ready, too. Let me show you the power of our bonds."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
<><><><><>

Peter and Hess

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Once Upon a Dream
Peter (Cress) & Hess (Virgil)

“Investigation Report… Huh, this is the first case, yeah, so this should be number one, I guess. Codename… Cooodename… Hmmm, err, ‘End of All Things’…? That’s fitting… I think… thiiink…”

Peter leaned back on the light pink grass, his gaze fixed on the typewriter under his front paws. Front paws… yeah, it felt weird to have front paws, didn’t it? Oh wow, if it wasn’t so weird! He used to run on his four half-Rockruff, half-Yamper legs, and now he could use his front paws with so much freedom. They were almost like hands! Hands with stubby fingers that could grasp things with so much flexibility and dexterity! Now he knew why Papa evolved into a Midnight Lycanroc, and…

“… I think I’m getting sidetracked.” He rolled his eyes. “Again… C’mon, Peter! A good detective should always write down reports for the various cases!”

With new resolve, Peter started typing down again, while trying his best to ignore the pleasant breeze, and the sweet scent of fresh grass, and the soothing lapping of the lake’s waves, and—

Slam!

Peter grumbled to himself, his face pressed against the keyboard. “Ugh! Why is writing reports so boring? How does Barbara handle all this stuff? So many things to remember and consider and double-check and consider again.” He sighed, before lifting his head once more and letting his gaze wander toward the purple-tinted lake view. “Hmm, perhaps I should try to write the report somewhere else. But where…?”

Peter snapped his fingers.

“Oh, I know!”

“The Lucid Cream!” He exclaimed to himself, his eyes sparkling with joy and his tail wagging furiously. “I could really use a drink or two!”

Clutching his typewriter tightly, Peter marched into the lively cafeteria. He took a careful glance around: flame-like blank spirits mingled with groups of cookie-like and regular-looking Pokémon, trying to get a grip of what was going on while being offered hospitality and comfort from the patrons of the cafeteria.

Peter couldn’t really blame them for feeling so lost: he used to be very confused as well when his spirit had been fetched from the Stream of Consciousness, rescued from his aimless and thoughtless wandering. Losing his entire world and body… well, yeah, that wasn’t a smooth experience, no doubt! But perhaps, someday… the souls of his friends would reach Somnia as well? They probably were on the way. Yeah, it would be kind of awesome if they arrived soon. At least he wouldn’t feel so… directionless. But while he waited for their arrival — yeah, they were coming! — he deemed it ideal to be productive.

“Okay, so…” Peter diverted his gaze from the new souls, looking for some available table to get back to work, “where’s an empty seat?”

Then, he spotted just the right spot and walked toward it. He placed the typewriter on the table and made himself comfortable on the seat. He beamed as he took in his surroundings once more, this time focusing on some of the fully-formed Pokémon. Despite the whole end of all universes and everything, they seemed to be having a good time. He could faintly hear them talking about their new shops, including a… charm shop? Whatever that meant.

He gazed at an empty seat nearby, then looked again at the crowd. “Perhaps I should try to talk to someone to get more info…”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
On the streets outside the Lucid Cream, Hess wandered about as he looked at his strange surroundings. A pastel colored sky, purple water, quadruped Pokémon walking on two legs... hell, he'd even seen some living Pokémon made out of cookies! None of it would have made any sense normally, but things were different here.

After all, this was just a dream.

Granted, he'd never had a dream that felt as real as this one, but this was also the first time he knew that he was dreaming. He'd heard before of 'mons having dreams like these, where they were able to control reality and do with it whatever they wanted. Unfortunately, his own attempts at doing so had been less than successful, as he'd been unable to make it rain rum. That didn't stop him from trying to make the most of it though, since with how real this dream felt, he was eager to find out how food and drinks were like compared to the real world.

As the Aggron continued to walk down the street, he eventually came across a cafeteria with a sign saying 'The Lucid Cream' right above it. Eager to get some free drinks, he went inside and called out to the barkeep with a sharp bellow.

"Oi! Can I get some rum?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Oi! Can I get some rum?"

Despite the constant chatter of the guests longing by the cafeteria, the Aggron's bellow resonated into the hearing of the barkeeper loud and clear. The tip-tap of agile feet mixed with the noises of clattering glasses and jovial conversations, but it was the enthusiastic "Ah!" of the patron of the cafeteria that cut through the lively chaos.

From right behind the desk poked out the head of a small ghost, observing the Aggron towering him with interest. The body of the ghost was made entirely of black coffee, while his eyes, mustache, and mouth glowed with spectral silver light. Basically, a Polfeegeist!

"My, welcome! New chai around, I assume?"

With a swift movement, the ghost leaped on the table. Instead of inhabiting a teapot, the Polfeegeist inhabited a refined coffee maker, its metal shining as good as new. He greeted the Aggron by waving the metallic hat on his head. "Well, welcome to 'The Lucid Cream'! Macho Mocha, at your service! So," he put his hat back on his head, "if it's rum what you want, rum you'll receive. You're in luck -- we got a shipment of Captain Webardi just this start of dream. You won't find a more fine rum than that!"

Macho Mocha took another careful look at the Aggron. "So, chai... Where're you from? And how much rum would you like? A tankard, perhaps?"

Not too far from them, Peter looked curiously at the exchange, while lowering constantly his gaze to pretend to be writing. He could smell some intriguing scent coming from that Aggron...

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Hess sized up Macho Mocha for a bit, before cracking back a big grin. Perhaps this Polteageist looked a bit strange and was a bit more hoity-toity than he'd liked, but the barkeep seemed friendly enough, and if he was gonna serve him all the rum he could dream of, he certainly wasn't gonna complain.

"The name's Hess! Captain of the Iron Fleet," the Aggron beamed. "And I'll take the biggest mug that you got!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Macho Mocha brightened up upon hearing that, so much that even his eyes seemed to sparkle. "A-ah. Very well, Captain Hess of the Iron Fleet! The biggest mug, be it!" he exclaimed, before snapping his liquid fingers and looking at a silverware of Sinistea. "Sonnies! You've heard the captain here, yes? Bring the Sneasler Mug -- expresso delivery!"

The group of Sinistea waved their arms and cried an enthusiastic "Yes!", before floating through a backdoor. Only a few seconds and clangs later, a giant mug with a Sneasler's icon came sliding through the door, cloaked by a thin frost and surrounded by purple psychic sparks. Then, the Sinistea followed suit and exerted their telekinesis, managing to push the titanic mug with some fatigue toward a nearby barrel, decorated with a fire-forged web-like decoration.

While the team of coffee maker and teacups worked together to fill the enormous mug with the rum, a familiar Rockruff walked toward the Aggron -- Hess, right? -- and glanced curiously at him. He tilted his head from one side, then the other, and then he straightened his stance. Finally, he spoke, having made up his mind. "Ooh! Hey, hello there! Are you really a captain? Like, one of those captains that sail ships and travel across the oceans and live many adventures?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Wooh! That's so cool!" exclaimed Peter, his tail wagging so fast that it became one fluffy blur. "I've never been by the sea, but I've heard good tales from some people! Like, they saw distant lands, and unique people, and strange phenomena, and--"

The Rockruff cut himself short. Right, perhaps he should have tried to keep his enthusiasm in check. He chuckled sheepishly and scratched his ear. "Oops! Huh, wow. Sorry. I tend to ramble a bit when I'm excited, haha!"

He beamed and extended his paw. "Well, howdy! My name's Peter. Back where I used to--I mean, where I live, I'm an apprentice detective." He pointed at his muzzle with his free paw. "Nothing escapes my nose!"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Hess paused briefly as Peter mentioned to be a detective, only to dismiss it with a shake of his head.

"Well, nice to meet you. I'm Hess," he said, before extending a claw and shaking Peter's paw. "So, an apprentice detective, huh? How long have you been one for?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Peter tilted his head, shaking the other paw back unconsciously as he pondered the question. "Oh, well, I've been studying to become a professional detective for... let's say, two years or so? Give or take? Not too long, but not too short, either." He shrugged. "Kinda hard to focus on both gathering clues and understanding how evidence ties together, y'see? Like, for example, I could guess that you are involved with some water job due to the pulses of hydric energy I can take in from your scent, but--"

Thump!

Peter jolted upright, his ears twitching in surprise. He noticed a shadow looming over him and tilted his head upward. Oh boy, that was the hugest mug he had ever seen! Probably twice his height, or more. He could almost swim inside that mini-pool brimming with some... alcoholic drink? Yeah, it smelled like that.

"A-ha! A tankard of rum only for you!" chirped Macho Mocha, while the group of Sinistea behind him bubbled in exhaustion.

"...Whoa." Peter whistled in amazement, before glancing at Macho Mocha. "Huuuh, I'd like some orange juice. Just in a small, regular glass should suffice."

Macho Mocha waved his hat. "Sure thing! An expresso orange juice for you, chai!"

"Yeah, huh, but don't pour any actual expresso in my drink, though -- caffeine and I don't mix well together." Upon realizing that he was talking to a ghost made of coffee, he quickly raised his paws. "Oh! Huh, I mean! Not that I have a problem with you! What I meant is..."

Macho Mocha, if he was offended, didn't give any sign. He simply nodded in understanding and floated away while whistling merrily to himself. When the entire assortment of porcelain ghosts left the scene, Peter looked back at the tankard and pointed at it, then looked again at Hess. "Sooo, are you really gonna drink all of that? Does your liver know that?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Hess' jaw dropped slightly upon seeing the gigantic tankard. For a moment, he simply stared at it with a starry eyed look as his tail began to wag. Looks like he really was getting all the rum he could dream of!

Realizing he was looking a little foolish, Hess cleared his throat and hastily recomposed himself, before glancing back at Peter.

"Of course I am! This is just a dream after all."

The Aggron stepped forward and began to lift the tankard. "Besides, I've managed to drink a keg of rum once before in the real world, so this will be easy!"

He took a big gulp from his mug and discovered much to his delight that the rum tasted just as good as it did back home, if not better.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Just a dream...?

The words echoed inside of Peter's mind for a few seconds, his gaze contemplative. The fact that Hess felt like he was in a dream could mean two things: either he was a recent soul (even if his scent was different from a regular Somnia inhabitant), or... he was dreaming somewhere else. And that meant...

His world is still alive.

Peter had to suppress a sigh, feeling a flash of pain spark inside his heart, but he quickly pushed that concern aside and focused again on the Aggron. That happy smile on Hess's face as he savored the rum -- wow, he was really drinking all of that? -- brought a smile to his muzzle and made his tail wag. If that Aggron wanted to enjoy his experience in the dream world, then who was Peter to spoil the fun?

"Wooh, a whole keg? That's impressive! I bet my Papa would love being drinking buddies with you!" Peter smirked. "He used to drink lotsa Shirley, back when he worked as an assistant for the local sheriff in Town-Whose-Name-I-Forgot!" He tilted his head. "And say, how's your work in the... real world? Any fun experience you had while cruising the sea?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Heh, thanks! Years of experience will do that! I've been drinking rum since I was a little Aron!" Hess grinned as he sat down with the tankard in his claws. "As for any fun experiences at sea, me and crew did get some pretty good loot from that one merchant ship we rai- er, I mean traded with recently."

The Aggron took another swig from his tankard, before looking back down at Peter with a tilt of his head.

"Though, you said you've been studying to become a detective for two years now, right? Aren't you a bit young for that?"

Top Bottom