• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

General RP Thread

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I'm sorry to hear that," Acacia said, frowning. "I hope they can learn to accept you for who you are."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Yeah, it gets annoying after a while.” Jack looked curious, and rather confused, at Acacia. “I didn’t really notice ‘til now, but you weren’t weirded out by… well, these looks, right? I trained for months to get ‘em so I’d look cool, as Zack put it.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I did find them a tiny bit odd, though I've seen far stranger," Acacia said. "It is not my place to judge, nonetheless."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Alright. Humans call it an "anthro" form, from what I heard; I dunno, but it sounds like it’s a big deal to them. I don’t see anythin’ bad to it. Either way, movin’ on…” Jack focused back on the path he was walking through. “How ‘bout hobbies?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I enjoy gardening, and helping other Pokemon," Acacia said, smiling.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“That’s nice.” Jack supposed that gardening was expected from a Grass-type, but he kept that thought to himself. For all he knew, it could’ve been a stereotype of sorts. “I like practicin’ my leek skills. Ya know, studyin’ the blade and all that—pretty fun, actually. And I like being with teacher and the team. He’s a sweet guy, kinda like you, bein’ so nice. He might not hear ya well, but I think you’ll get along.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"That's nice," Acacia said, his petals fluttering in the breeze. "Can you tell me more about him?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Alright. He’s the kind of guy to take it slow, so to speak, but he does get the job done. One time, he drew a Swanna on some sketchbook he’s got. Yeah, he’s a pretty good artist, and he also has a thing for helpin’ other people. He also likes birds—you should see the team. He even has a…” Jack snapped his fingers a few times as he tried to remember something. “Rowlet? Yeah, a Rowlet plush! He’s always carryin’ it with him.” He looked at the road in hopes of spotting his trainer. He managed to see the shape of a bird Pokémon flying nearby. “That could be him with Zack. Wanna come, Acacia?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I think I need to be going now," Acacia said. "I need to find my way back to my team. My world's in a crisis, and I can't leave it for long. But it was nice meeting you!"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Aw, okay.” Jack grimaced and rubbed his neck. “Yeah, it was fun talkin’ with you. Hope we see each other sometime. Gotta go back to my leek practice.” He waved at Acacia before putting his leek in his beak and flying back to his trainer.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Hope we see each other again, too," Acacia said, before trotting off.

[Shall we end it here?]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Alright! Thanks for this!]

<><><><><><><>

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
[Hey. I’d like to go for some more RP-ing here. Would like to see how other people write their characters.]

Nate and Wes on Murder Island

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
All the discussion, all the looking for clues, it all got exhausting. Not to mention the whole badly-injured-energy-drained-half-dead thing, that was also the tiniest bit tiring. Maybe Nate would have been feeling all gung-ho to track down some murderous bastard under ordinary circumstances, but as it was, he couldn't keep his mind on all the speculation and skulduggery. All he wanted now was to get out, get away, and not have to deal with any of that shit anymore. And maybe spend an entire day out of the hospital, that would be great, too.

He headed to the forest, taking one of the lesser-used paths deeper into the woods. Mightyena kept pace with him, here and there putting on a burst of speed when he encouraged her to run. She was obviously tired, though, even more so than him. He didn't want to go any farther than this; she deserved a break.

Nate looked around for someplace to sit. Convenient tree stump or something. One of those good woodsy things. None presented itself, so eventually he had to settle for a halfway flat rock, one that was mossy and, as it turned out, a little muddy, too. No sooner had he sat down than mosquitos descended.

Mightyena sat down next to him, leaning in for some scratches while Nate waved bugs off with his other hand. It had only been a couple minutes of peace, minus the whine of bloodsucking insects, when Mightyena's ears went up. She pulled away from Nate, staring off down the path, and let out a deep, rumbling growl.

"What?" Nate asked, heart starting to thud in his chest. Stupid coming out here alone, stupid. If whatever fucking thing was attacking people in broad daylight now... "What do you see?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Wes found himself quite at peace within nature. It was the world as it should be, and not tainted by human presence. Only the animals, the rightful denizens of earth, were out here. And it was quiet, too.

It hadn't been easy to even get outside, though. A few days ago, he'd apparently blacked out or something, and since then Merian and Nico had vehemently refused to let him out of his room.

Finally, today, they'd caved and let him go outside. He figured a nice stroll in the woods wouldn't harm anybody--

Mightyena's ears went up. She pulled away from Nate, staring off down the path, and let out a deep, rumbling growl.

He frowned slightly when he saw a growling Mightyena up ahead. A wild Pokémon? Or...

His frown grew far deeper when he saw the human seated next to the Mightyena.

Fuck.

He didn't have either of his knives with him, so there wouldn't be an easy way to get out of this situation.

--

Nico froze upon seeing the Mightyena. The one from the boat. And... indeed, that was the human that had so rudely smashed that bottle over Wes' head.

He glanced over at Merian, who was glaring at the Mightyena.

"I think it would be best if we were to leave now, before anything happens."

--

Merian shook himself. "Maybe... but let's just stick around for a while, we can see what's been going on outside while we were all cooped up."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
And what was coming up the path, what was setting Mightyena off, turned out to be... Wes. Nate relaxed immediately. Well, not a marauding pokémon by any means. Nate ruffled Mightyena's ears. "Hey, come on, it's just--"

Mightyena let out a loud bark, and Nate flinched. "Seriously, cool it," he said, throwing an apologetic look back at Wes.

Back at--wait. Something was off. This guy was too tall. Even more scowly than normal. Goddammit, Nate should have seen it right away. He hauled himself to his feet, trying not to waver, trying not to show how much effort it took. He wished he had something he could reach for, some weapon, even if it was only a bread knife or something. As it was he had to hope he could scare the guy off with words alone. Somehow. "Just what the fuck are you doing here?" he demanded of the Wes-doppelganger, Mightyena still bristling by his side.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Just what the fuck are you doing here?" he demanded of the Wes-doppelganger, Mightyena still bristling by his side.

"The fuck do you think I'm doing?" He spat. "Just trying to find some place away from all this investigation bullshit. Why should I give a fuck if people go missing? All it means is that there'll be less filth staining the world."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Nice." Nate folded his arms. "I meant more like, wasn't there somebody supposed to be watching you and making sure you didn't fucking stab no other people?" Oh, right, one of the cops had gone missing. But surely they would have reassigned the other guy to... Oh, yeah. Probably they would have fucked that up, too, wouldn't they?

"Well, don't let me keep you. Enjoy your fucking walk and all." He waved back in the direction of the village. Mightyena stayed alert beside him, her gaze flicking between Wes' eeveelutions and the man himself.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Nice." Nate folded his arms. "I meant more like, wasn't there somebody supposed to be watching you and making sure you didn't fucking stab no other people?"

"There was. But that didn't matter. They wouldn't have been able to stop me if I had gone and fucked up some more of you shitstains."

Well, it would have been slightly more difficult since he was currently lacking his knives, but he could certainly still use everything else he had.

"Well, don't let me keep you. Enjoy your fucking walk and all."

"Fuck off." He scoffed, and made no attempt to go anywhere else.

--

Nico admittedly wasn't paying very much attention to the conversation happening. His attention had remained firmly on the Mightyena.

He said nothing, though, his flicking ears and tail evidence enough that he was on edge.

--

Merian shuffled his paws around. Maybe the Mightyena really wasn't so bad. There was only one way to find out.

"Hey. Um, I don't know if you can understand me, but, uh... look, I know there's some bad blood between our trainers, but maybe we don't have to be enemies! Maybe we can all just get along nicely...?"

Top Bottom