• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

General RP Thread

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I've noticed, ever since Blacklight ended, there hasn't really been any means to facilitate short RPs between just a few people, especially one-on-ones. And so I'm going to try to fix that!

Introducing the General RP Thread!

What is it?
The General RP Thread is a thread to do any RP you'd like, so long as it follows forum rules. Fluff RP, Angst RP, Whump RP, just casual interactions, short adventures, the possibilities are endless! There's no time limits, no games unless you so choose, and no signups. You can just organize one and get it going!

How do I use it?

First, you contact someone else, and ask if they want to RP here. Determine what characters you'll be using and what you want to do with them, then make a post in this thread! Set the scene in that post, setting up the characters interacting. Threadmark it with what characters you're using, a number if this isn't these characters' first scene together, and you'll be good to go!

As an example, if me and SilverPhoenix wanted to do a RP here together with Gen and Lilly, and it was our first time doing a RP with them in this thread, we'd threadmark the first post in the thread as "Gen and Lilly". If it was our third time doing an RP with them in this thread, we'd threadmark it as "Gen and Lilly 3".

There's no need to limit it to just two characters, either, or two participants. Three or more people can participate in the same RP, though it may get crowded if there's a lot of participants.

You can also put up a lone starter to see if anyone wants to join, or just put an OOC message asking if anyone wants to RP! You can use [] brackets for OOC messages.

What if I want to RP, and someone is already using this thread?
Currently, you'll just have to wait, though since this is geared towards small RPs, it likely won't be too long of a wait. If a queue starts to form, though, I'll ask Negrek if it would be ok for me to make more threads for this, so multiple RPs can go on at the same time.

I'm not sure how to have our characters meet.
Here's a few ideas!
  • Random portal!
  • Legendary sends Character A to Character B's world!
  • The White Void from my Flash RP was actually created for this purpose, allowing characters from different stories to meet! You can have your characters wind up in it, and meet each other there, and the setting of the White Void can be almost anything you want!
  • Hoopa creates a pocket dimension like in Tetra's Flash RPs, and invites your characters to it!
  • Characters A, B, and C meet in their dreams!
Don't limit yourself to just these ideas, though! If you have another idea, go right ahead and use it!

If you have any questions, feel free to message me, whether on the forums or on Discord! I'll do my best to answer your questions! I'll be updating this post with frequently asked questions.

Have fun RPing!

Last edited:
Coleane and Nate

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Coleane trotted through the wilderness, her leafy wings fluttering in the breeze. This didn't seem like the right place...

She reached into her bag with a wing, and pulled out her poketch, with the map on screen. She frowned. This definitely didn't look like the route.

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate had thought he'd heard water up ahead, but he'd wanted to believe this was the right way anyhow. He'd really, really been hoping for a fucking break. But no, of course not. Fight through some more brambles and skirt another fallen tree, and what did you have? A river. A fucking river, running straight across where Nate thought he was supposed to be headed.

Nate stood at the edge of the water and fumed. It wasn't even that big of a river, really. But from the way it was looking, definitely deep enough that he'd have to swim. Which, fuck that. Especially because there was some deep, strange part of him that kept insisting he really wanted to go for a swim. Fuck. That. Nate kicked a rock into the water, which at least made a satisfying ploonk, and then turned back to the forest. Nothing for it but to follow this shit until he found some way across or some place it got shallower, really.

To make things even better, it wasn't even another ten minutes of stumbling around in tree-root hell before he heard something big moving around nearby. Nate froze, heart in his throat as something crunched and crackled through the underbrush. Wild pokémon? He doubted it was anything he wanted to meet. One hand on the pokéballs at his belt, he crept closer, doing everything he could to avoid treacherous sticks underfoot, the reaching claws of bushes.

It took him a few seconds to figure out what the pokémon was. Blended right in, despite being huge. A tropius? That was strange. He thought those were tropical. But after a second he caught sight of the bag slung across the pokémon's back, and he knew.

Not wild. Trained. Another trainer, way the hell out here? Nate retreated as quietly as he could, pokéball clutched tight in one hand. He took refuge around the far side of a tree, pathetic cover that that was, and waited for the pokémon to pass. The pokéball was still at the ready, clutched so tight his fingers were whitening. He could barely hear the tropius going past over the thunder of his heartbeat. There wasn't much of anything he could do but wait, as still as he could, and hope that neither the tropius nor its trainer noticed him there.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Coleane's ears weren't too great, but she still managed to hear footsteps. Was someone there?

Craning her neck, and looking around, she asked, "Hello? Is someone there? I need help getting back to the routes!"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate froze when the voice called out. Like he'd really needed confirmation there was a fucking trainer.

A lost one, supposedly. One hell of a lot lost, then. Nate was confident they were nowhere close to an official route, whatever ones might be around here to begin with. Not the kind of place you wanted to end up if you didn't have some serious pokémon with you for protection. But that tropius had looked tough enough. They'd probably be okay.

It wasn't like he knew how to get back to the fucking route. He wouldn't be any fucking help. And nobody out lost in the wilderness wanted to come across him of all people. Look what had happened the last time.

Oh, fuck. Like he'd needed to remember that. Nate clutched the pokéball tight a moment, then started rolling it restlessly between his fingers. Better not to get involved. Definitely better for everybody. And it could be a trap, anyway.

No reason to get involved. Nothing he could do. Might as well forget about it.

Things were quiet. Whoever was out there was waiting for an answer.

Nate sighed. "Got a tropius, don't you? Why don't you just have it fly up and take a look around, then point you the right way?" he called without moving.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Got a Tropius? What do you—" Coleane began, before cutting off. Oh, right. They probably didn't think she was a trainer.

"Thanks for the idea! But I'm the Tropius!" she said, puffing her chest out in pride. "I'm a trainer who's a Pokemon!"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
What? Was that supposed to lure him out or something? Like make him so curious he had to see?

Nate stifled a groan, rubbing his face. Well, it was clearly a kid out there, anyway, trying dumb shit like that. Fucking wonderful.

"Look," he said, coming out from around the tree. He was confronted once again by the tropius. Nate raised his voice a little, "If you really are lost out here, you ain't doing yourself no favors playing shitty games!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Huh? I'm not playing any games," the Tropius said, now visibly speaking, before waving a leafy wing at the human. "Also, hi!"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Well, it sure did look like the tropius had just talked. Nate cast another quick glance around for anyone who might be lurking in the bushes, crouched down behind a log somewhere, whatever. What was this, that thing people did with puppets to make them look like they were saying shit? Venti-something?

It was kind of a big-sounding voice, to be coming from a kid. They'd have to have some real lungs on them.

Nate crossed his arms slowly, pokéball still held tight in one hand. "Hi," he said, deadpan. "So you're the trainer, huh? How'd that happen?"

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I got called here from my world to become a "champion"! I'm from another world!" Coleane said, smiling brightly as much as a Tropius could.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate kept half an eye out for any sign of a trainer lurking around, but still there was nothing. The words really did seem to be coming from the tropius' mouth.

It was cold, suddenly, in this middle-of-nowhere forest. "Another world, huh?" Nate asked, wondering if his voice really was that thin-sounding or if the problem was in his head. "How's that work? You use one of those wormhole things?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I don't know! I fell asleep one day, then a voice was welcoming me to the world of humans!" Coleane said with a flap of her wings.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
The world of humans. The world of humans... With the shock wearing off, Nate was feeling less faint and more pissed. "Let me guess, then," he said. "The world you're from ain't got no humans in it, am I right?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Other than the heroes, nope! It's so cool to meet real humans!" Coleane said, flapping their wings again.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Right, of course. So he was having some kind of fucked-up dream again. Or a hallucination. If it was happening again, that probably meant he was really losing it. Going out of his mind in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Nate took a surreptitious look down at his hand. Still the right number of fingers. Still not blue. At least he wasn't tripping that hard this time.

Unless. If he wanted to actually entertain this insane situation, there was one other possibility. One that was even worse. "So you're just here visiting, then," he said. "And if you become champion, what happens... after?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I don't know! I guess I go back home," Coleane said, beginning to frown. "I hope I can stay, though. The human world is so cool!"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Yeah... they hoped they could stay. And then what? Were a whole bunch of these fuckers going to show up now? Nate couldn't imagine that ending well. Look what had happened the last time a bunch of pokémon from other worlds started popping up out of nowhere.

Nate wearily sized the tropius up. Yeah, well, if this was the vanguard of some kind of interdimensional invasion, whoever was doing the invading was either real damn subtle or had quite the sense of humor. And what the hell would Nate even be able to do about it anyway? Shank some tropius kid?

"Yeah, that's great," he said. "Loads of fun and shit. So how the hell did you end up way out here? And you do have fucking wings. Why not fly on back to wherever you came from if that's what you want?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I got lost!" Coleane said, looking around. "And I'm going to, but talking to you is fun!"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Fun? Had to be about the only person in the world who thought that. Nate couldn't tell whether he was exasperated or amused. "Glad you're having a good time," he said, "but there's scary shit out in places like this. Ain't nobody told you that? This ain't where you oughta be looking to have a bit of fun."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I can handle mystery dungeons!" Coleane protested, their bananas swaying. "I've been in a few before!"

Top Bottom