• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Signups

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Game Week of the Multiverse
Chaos has struck the multiverse!

Humans and Pokemon across several universes have been picked up, turned into Pokemon if they weren't already, and displaced to one unassuming little world of only Pokemon, that just so happened to have nearly experienced five world-ending catastrophes in the past few decades. Luckily, all of those were stopped, and life continues on. Mostly.

Fortunately, all these displaced people have ended up in the same place. A small, unassuming town by the name of Overcast Village. And to make matters even better, there's four teams of competent, world-saving heroes to help everyone return home!

Just one problem: They're a bit busy trying to stop the latest calamity, a sudden rise of shadowy Pokemon.

And the fact that they have no clue why these people are here is putting an obstacle in their efforts.

It's ok, though. They've saved the world! They'll help everyone get back home, no problem!

Just...it might take a bit.

Perhaps playing some games together until a way home opens up could be fun.

================​

I was inspired, and decided to have my own go at these!

So this is basically an excuse to play all sorts of random games with your characters! Truth or Dare, Never Have I Ever, Uno, and even a few games I've come up with myself!

There's going to be a few special surprises between games, too!

There will also probably be a little bit of adventuring fun at the end, but you can sit out on that part if that's not your cup of tea.

This is likely not going to start until The White Elephant in the Room concludes, just so you know. A notice about signups being about to temporarilu close will be posted in this thread a few days before this starts, then a post a bit later declaring that signups are temporarily over, and then soon the actual game thread will be up!

There'll be another chance to sign up later, so if you miss it this first time, don't fret! Just be patient.

You can still sign up right now.

Here's the signup sheet. You can submit up to two characters for now.

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Story: (optional) A link to the story your character’s from.
Secret: (optional) One secret that your character would rather not have revealed.
Items: (optional) Your character is allowed to bring up to 3 items of your choosing. Said items can not be too powerful (i.e. capable of destroying a village), and clothing is able to bypass the 3-item limit.
Pain: (optional) To what extent are you willing to let me hurt your character?

Hope you all have fun! If you have any questions, please let me know!

Last edited:

LukeSkyRunner

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him
Name: Duke
Species: Magby
Appearance: Just a normal Magby
Personality: Duke is a very shy/quiet pokémon. Duke is very naive, and kinda of a snooty pokémon. He tends to hide behind and depend on others in times of crisis. But if he is pushed enough, he'll fight for himself.
Story: (I don't got no link, I've never participated in blacklight, hopefully that's ok. Imma type it here) The world Duke came from was a very harsh place. Having gone through a climate cotstraphe of epic proportions, making his world a very hot place to live in. Duke was insanely privileged in this instance, due to him being a fire type and all.
Secret: (n/a)
Items: A quick claw that his mother gave to him. A pink human hair tie, that he uses as a necklace.
Pain: As long as you don't kill him, or injure him to the point where he can't walk or anything, pain is accepted.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Name: Lance Williams
Species: Lucario
Appearance: Check my fic's cover
Personality: Grumpy, willing to protect even strangers, but not necessarily liking them. He's also not afraid of hurting or even killing if he deems necessary.
Story: This one
Secret:
He has killed multiple innocent Pokémon, forced to do so by a mad man.
Items: Knockback Orb, Blast Seed and Sun Ribbon.
Pain: A lot. Feel free to do so, just don't murder him and it should be fine.

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Name: Koraza (Kora for short)

Species: Zoroark

Appearance: The fox in my pfp. Essentially just a normal Zoroark, but taller and his hair curves down rather than up or sticks out.

Personality: Normally bright and cheery, but overall a mix of several personalities. Cares for his friends, is a bit childish, likes to eat, a bit of jokester. Open for basically anything and everything.

Story: PMD: Ties of Fate

Secret: Intense, crippling, incredibly irrational fear of bugs and bug types

Item: Decoy Seed, I have no ulterior motives, I promise. :devilish:

Pain: Literally do whatever you want with him. Literally. Anything.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Name: Spirit
Species: Alolan Vulpix
Appearance: See above.
Personality: Though amnesia has left her easily overwhelmed, she's pretty clever when push comes to shove. Curious, albeit shy, and very physically affectionate. She's mostly harmless, but piss her off and she'll hold a strong grudge.
Story: Elegy for Humanity
Secret: With her memories void, she has little in the way secrets... or at least ones that she remembers. Unbeknownst to her, she's Yeah, no. I'm not spoiling anything that easy.
Pain: Sure, break her. It won't be hard.

RisingDawn

Snommunism!
Pronouns
He/Him
Name: Hades
Species: Deino
Appearance: A smaller than average Deino, with a scar running across his body.
Personality: Really aggressive, puts on a tough exterior. In reality, he's insecure, the reason for that being how much he was bullied by others due to his smaller size. He holds a grudge against other members of his species and attacks whenever he sees another Deino, Zweilous or Hydreigon.
Story: (N/A)
Secret: He killed his only friend, a Trapinch, in a fit of rage after he was told(falsely) that Trapinch was the reason for his brother's death.
Item: a Dragon Fang, Life Orb
Pain: Do anything you want, but try not to kill him. Emphasis on try.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Name: Amanda

Species: A human, but transformed into a swablu for the purposes of this game

Appearance: Fairly typical swablu, except the ribbons on her head are curly. She wears a red bow around them (once she can get a red bow)

Personality: Amanda is naturally bubbly and expressive, and she makes a concerted to always be optimistic. Her internal energy is... impressive. Her thoughts are almost always going at high speed, and she hyper-empathetic, deeply compassionate, and feels emotion very strongly. Every emotion, super strong, and she can't help but get swept up in them for better or for worse

As stated, she always tries to look on the bright side, but due to some cough cough important figures in her life, she doesn't have the best view of herself. She's autistic, and people have used that diagnosis to bring her down. She views herself as somewhat incapable and trusts other people's perceptions over her own.

Story: Find a Way Home

Items: Technically clothing, but a long red scarf. It's made for a human, so too big for her to wear

Pain: Physical -- mild injury fine. Mental -- no need to go out of your way to cause extra trauma, but I may stir some stuff up on my own

Name: Morgan

Species: A human, but transformed into a Swoobat for the purposes of this game

Appearance: Basic swoobat, maybe a bit smaller than average

Personality: A prickly ball of anxiety and insecurity, not so great with emotions. They don't have much in the way of charm -- they struggle to come up with things to say, are naturally blunt, and just don’t understand some things. They can be very nice once they get to know someone, but that isn't so easy. Due to, ahem, circumstances, they don't have models for good relationships.

Though suspicious of human, they were great with pokemon in their own world. Their best friend was their swoobat companion -- Nora. And once they warm up to someone, their loyalty and compassion knows almost no bounds. They want to be a good and friendly person; they just aren't sure how.

Story: Find a Way Home

Items: A used pokeball (which doesn't work, having been connected to a pokemon in Morgan's own world)

Pain: Physical -- mild injury fine. Mental -- no need to go out of your way to cause extra trauma, but I may stir some stuff up on my own

Last edited:

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Name: Odette Cinq-Mars
Species: Human, turned into a Indeedee for the sake of this game
Appearance: Despite the fact she is a female, she resembles the male Indeedee form more than the female facial wise. Instead of the smiling lips and wider eyes, she carries the frown and narrower eyes.
Personality: Her friends call her a "statue," and with good reason. She hides her emotions behind a neutral scowl (even when her head is ablaze with thought) and it's quite rare to catch her with any other facial expression. The only emotion she can't quite contain is her anger--when she's mad, she's mad...and it doesn't help that her fuse is quite short to begin with. Likewise, she is also rather hyper-observant. The time she isn't spending talking, she's spending taking in her surroundings and watching those around her, storing the information in her head for possible later use.
Story: White Swan, Black Swan
Items: Keys to a motorcycle, bottle of water, PokeDoll
Secret: She's beaten somebody within an inch of their life, because they threatened hers.
Pain: Bring it on, we always need some angst in our lives.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Name: Jolt
Species: Pikachu
Prounouns: he/him/his.
Appearance:
EguvrISXkAABOOs

EguvrITXkAEerA5

Personality: Very happy and perpetually excitable.
Story: http://pmddarnitall.thecomicseries.com/
Secret: (optional) Jolt is very happy and open about just about everything. He doesn't keep secrets because he never sees enough bad in a situation to find a reason to hide it from anyone... except for the one time he tried to keep a secret stash of pancakes under his bed for a midnight snack. His mom caught him before he even had a chance at one nibble, and then she refused to make him pancakes for three weeks! Three whole weeks!
Items: A pink hoodie (as pictured above), a sewing kit with fabric, needles, and string to sew and make clothing with, and a bag to hold his sewing kit.
Pain: Only lighthearted pain, please. He's something like a son to me or whatever. I don't want to have to write him severely emotionally distraught or tortured.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Name: Lee

Species: Midnight Lycanroc

Appearance: Taller than the average Lycanroc, but not much else is different

Personality: Prideful and self centered, does whatever he believes is necessary to get what he wants, regardless of who's expense it's at. Takes joy in most other's hardships, and isn't above beating others down for the fun of it. Hates being powerless. Surprisingly more mindful around children.

Story: Same as Kora's, Ties of Fate (which just updated to include his introduction)

Secret: Boop his nose and he bleps.

Pain: Yes.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The game will begin on February 1st.

If you are interested in joining, but have yet to do so, I recommend signing up by then. Signups will still be open for a while afterwards, though, so don't feel rushed.

Hope you'll all have fun with this!

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
I've chosen my second: Lillie Mohn

Species: Former Human, now Mimikyu
Appearance: A Mimikyu's true appearance is unknown, for those who gaze upon it supposedly die of horror. Preferably, I'd like her to show up without any sort of pikachu costume, hidden underneath her hat, but that's open to discussion.

Personality: This take on Lillie is being take from intro, after Nebby whisked them out of Aether, but she wakes up here instead of Melemele. She's shy and fearful of others. She worries that others are just tolerating her, but don't actually like her. Show that you actually like her, and she'll just melt.

Story: Still brewing in my brain.
Items: A wide-brimmed hat and a tote bag containing repels and some medicines... but no Cosmog.
Pain: Same as Spirit; "Sure, break her. It won't be hard."

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Name: Jesse Stranger
Species: Galarish Red Delphox (formerly human)
Appearance:
Jesse Stranger.jpg
Personality: Abrasive, confrontational do-gooder who's certain he knows better than you. Reflexively feels responsible for everything and everyone, extremely cynical, absolute helicopter dad. Saved the world a couple times. Showing some character development. Still deserves an ass-kicking.
Story: Blacklight RP
Secret: Despite his self-assured air of authority, Jesse's family is broken and he hasn't seen his wife or daughter in years. It's his fault. It was always his fault.
Items: Jesse wears a ranger's outfit, including a duster longcoat. He carries a first aid kit, emergency rations, and a hip flask of whiskey.
Pain: Absolutely fuck him up as hard as you possibly can.

Name: Dusk
Species: Sneasel-human hybrid
Appearance:
CXn3ltyae9yD3B2t9kHinEkO4aGTlhIPALy5O4x8NEuxn0cJn0z3misRGNJT.png
Personality: Has a lot of ambition and combat talent. Likes to get under people's skin, and hides her vulnerability with bravado. Highly sociable with a strong competitive streak, and a little bit vindictive. Playful, flirty, boisterous, vicious, tense.
Story: See my signature~
Secret: Although she acts like a strong, confident leader, she's still torn up inside over her failure to protect two younger sneasel from human poachers, for which she was banished from her clan.
Items: Dusk wears a Perihelion-issue uniform with a black jacket. She carries a combat knife, lockpicking gear, and a notepad & pencil.
Pain: Absolutely fuck her up as hard as you possibly can.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
I haven't done anything RP in.... years... but. It'd be fun. to try again.

Name: Koamaru Averon (Koa for short)
Species: Human turned Cranidos
Appearance: Your average Cranidos I guess
Personality: Strong-willed, impulsive, and driven. Likes to plan ahead a lot, a very determined sort. Tends to probably come off as too blunt and abrasive, sometimes struggles to make friends.
Story: (optional) Legendary Adventures
Secret: (optional) Hm... Despite his bravado, Koa is very insecure and lacks a good relationship with his parents. Part of him wonders if this is his fault. But he's got it handled! He's fine!
Items: (optional) Hm.. uh. Poketch? basically a watch. Can't think fo anything else, heh
Pain: (optional) To what extent are you willing to let me hurt your character? Uh... everything except death, I suppose!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Due to scheduling conflicts with White Elephant in the Room, the start of the event will be postponed to February 6th. I am sorry for the delay.

To make up for this, I will make the IC thread and the first IC post now, as a preview of what's to come. The game has not fully started yet, though.

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Actually, you know what?
Let's have a test run of this.

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill will be open for posting until 11:00 P.M. EST. After that, it'll be closed until February 6th, when it'll open back up again.

And it's not too late to sign up if you haven't already.

Have fun!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
There's a strong chance this character might spend a solid portion of this "sleeping" due to my own schedule in February and possibly part of March. We'll see.

Name: Nero
Species: Silvally
Appearance: Normal Amb Silv Small.png
Personality: A cheerful, albeit somewhat goofy optimist. Tries to see the good in everyone and everything. Not above a smart remark when the situation calls for it... depending on if certain spirits choose to inject themselves into a situation. If you actually manage to rile him up he will kick your ass no matter how strong you think or claim to be.
Story: PMD: Guiding Light
Secret: His powers are not entirely stable, but he can't hide it because he will fluctuate between types (or take on multiple types) depending on what's happening around him.
Items: None. He is, however, made of spirits that may pop out to make themselves known.
Pain: Good luck with that. :V

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Screw it.
I need to calm my stress.

Game Week of the Multiverse has officially begun.

It's not too late if you still want to sign up, though.

Hope you all have fun with this!

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Name: Mew
Species: Take a guess :P
Appearance: Happy Mew.png
Personality: Whimsical. Takes nothing seriously. Chaotic dumbass energy.
Story: ???
Secret: [shrug emoji]
Items: steals yours :^)
Pain: [pokes your eyeball because they can]

Top Bottom