• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Riverbank Beach

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Day 2: Second Wave Reunion

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk had decided to go for a walk to clear his head after everything that had happened last night. He'd managed to get some sleep (somehow) and had woken up to Lee already having gone, and so he'd decided to wander down to the river for some fresh air.

It really wasn't much of a beach, he had to admit, but it was pleasant enough. No one was there at present, so he decided to sit down for a moment, stare into the water, and reflect. Maybe someone else would turn up who he could introduce himself to?

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gladion had found the river and was following along it. He considered jumping in. It had been years since he'd gone swimming, and he could do it right now if he wanted to. He did want to, in some way. Some new part of his head loved the idea, and thought of how nice it would feel hovered in the corner of his mind.

He wasn't sure what kept him from stepping in. Even if the reason for his aversion was gone, it seemed a part of it still clung to him...

Eventually, he walked far enough that he stumbled upon a small beach with someone else there. Oh, shit.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk sensed the approaching Pokemon and looked up. "Ah, hello there!" he said cheerily, giving the Type:Null a friendly smile. "You were the Pokemon who arrived at the same time as me, correct? I, ah, apologize for my attitude earlier... I was panicking then, and wasn't in my right state of mind. Let me introduce myself properly. My name is Dusk."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gladion tried to nod, but his mobility was limited by the helmet and it probably ended up looking more like a flinch.

"Yes, I am. And don't worry, I was hardly in a healthy state of mind myself." He'd been unfocused enough that he didn't remember any particular transgression of Dusk's. "My name is Gladion." He laughed. "Nice to meet you properly this time. We were rather preoccupied before."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk chuckled. "Yes, I suppose we were. Nice to meet you, Gladion. So... are you" can't believe I'm asking this so casually "one of these 'humans-turned-Pokemon' that are apparently rather common here? Or are you an ordinary Pokemon?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Yeah, I'm one of the humans. I have no idea what's up with that, either. I know how I got here, but I've got no idea why there's so many of us here." What has become of my life?

"I take it you're not one, then? What's your world like? You also have... talking pokemon who live in houses?" What. Has. Become. Of my life?

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"No" Dusk replied. "I'm a Pokemon through and through. And yes, some of us live in houses in my world. Yours do not? Do all Pokemon live in the wild in your world?" He frowned. "And they don't talk? How do they communicate, then?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Some of them live with humans in our houses, but the certainly don't build their own. Wild ones dig burrows, find caves, make nests, but not houses like there are here."

The next part was something he'd really rather not have to get into, but here he was. "As for communication, well... They can do some basic vocal communication, growling, trilling. They can use body language. Some are intelligent enough to pick up words if they live around humans..."

Shifting nervously, he continued. "They're not like this, though. Only a small number of species are have the mental capacity that everyone here seems to have. Everyone here is... they're all extraordinarily human... aside from the part where they, y'know, aren't humans." It's like a children's book.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"A world where all Pokemon are ferals?" It sounded odd to Dusk, but not completely alien. After all, mystery dungeons were full of ferals already... was there any reason they couldn't be the dominant species? Or maybe he was getting things all wrong...

"So... in your world, humans are more common, then? In mine, they're myths to most people. I didn't even believe they existed for most of my life... but then, I suppose that would be different if I was one."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"...that does sound a little like our old legends, I have to admit" said Dusk. "A world entirely populated with humans does sound immensely fascinating, though. I imagine it would have a completely different history than mine does" his eyes were shining now "with all sorts of amazing legends and tales of the past!" Then he caught himself. "Ah... but now's probably not the best time for that. Sorry."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"We have our stories, but I don't know if I'd have any pleasant ones to tell in the first place."

He sighed. "Honestly, I'd probably be happier here if not for..." Thus far, Dusk had managed to treat him normally, for whatever reason. He wasn't sure if he wanted to risk breaking that, but he'd already said most of the sentence "...being this."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Oh?" Dusk cocked his head to one side and looked over the Type:Null. It wasn't a Pokemon he was actually familiar with. "I... well, I suppose if I became an entirely different Pokemon, I might dislike it too. I can only hope that your new form is at least similar to your original one?"

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
At the mention of Machoke, Dusk flinched briefly. "Uh... Machoke, right." He shook his head to try and clear it. "You mean, you were a biped before? I suppose I can see why that would be difficult to adjust to, then."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"That's a helmet?" Now that his attention was drawn to it, Gladion's head did look somewhat metallic. Then again, he supposed that he could be a steel-type.

A thought occurred to him and he glanced down at his bag. If that had survived coming through with him... "Were you wearing the helmet when you became a Pokemon? I guess if it was designed for a completely different-shaped head, it would be problematic..."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"No, it's not a human thing. It's... a long story, but it's there because this species is an artificial one. The person who came up with the original plan died, the person who took over fucked it up, and this helmet stops the fuckup from killing them... or, from killing us, I should say."

Rot in hell, Faba.

Top Bottom