• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Polteageist Cafe

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
The entire cafeteria seemed to have become silent all of a sudden as soon as those words reached Harvard’s ears…

"The reason I ask is because I have a brother. His name is... Gladion."

Harvard clutched his mug with such strength that he could have easily cracked it. A brother named Gladion… and a girl named Lillie…

No, there was no way that was a coincidence anymore! Was she really talking about…?

A dusty plain was the chosen battlefield by the cowboy to face the edge-lord wannabe. Harvard’s Galarian Slowbro was facing off a strange chimeric creature, a horror of science made by splicing pieces of various Pokémon together.

Harvard snorted and spat to the floor, before glaring at his opponent. “What kinda freak’s dat, Blondie? Can’t fight usin’ real ‘mons?”

“Hmph. Silvally is as real as any other Pokémon,” countered Gladion, holding back his right hand with his other hand, almost as if he wanted to stop his right hand from clawing his face. “Being born into a laboratory doesn’t make anyone a freak.”

Silvally hissed loudly to agree with what their friend said, before clawing at the ground and glaring at the Slowbro in front of them. However, the small pistolero wasn’t bothered by that glare and yawned lazily on his opponent’s face, then scratched his cheek with his free paw. Silvally squawked in disbelief and looked curiously at the other Pokémon, tilting their head and wagging their tail.

And Harvard? Well, he was equally unimpressed and merely shrugged. “Heh! Whatevs ye say, Blondie! Just hope yer lil’ lab product won’t be damaged too much. I ain’t holdin’ back!”

“I didn’t expect anything else,” remarked Gladion calmly. “So, how about getting started? I have a lot of stuff to do!”

Harvard blinked and narrowed his eyes. “…Bizarre.”

“Hm? What is bizarre?”

“Ye ain’t bothered by me callin’ ye Blondie?”

“Not quite. I’m used to being called all kinds of names, for one thing. Also,” Gladion shot a smirk, “I know you’re trying to taunt me by using a monicker on me, just like you love to provoke Silver by calling him ‘Ginger’. If all, I’m actually fine with you using another name for me.”

Harvard stared at the blond boy with wide eyes — that was the first time someone didn’t fall to his mood-disruptive strategy. “Huh? How come?”

“For a simple reason: I don’t want my name to become too widespread in this world. Giovanni already expects us to be hunting him down to find Father, and he knows our real names already. With a fake name, it will be easier for us to slip under his radar and get more evidence of his whereabouts, as well as make sure to not be targeted too easily by his accomplices.”

Gladion beamed a slightly dark smile. “So no. I’m not too bothered.”

Harvard was stunned by the reveal. That Gladion was far smarter than he looked, and the cowboy knew already how tough it was to investigate about his parents’ disappearance with everyone knowing about him. He surely would have appreciated some anonymity and to not be too much under the spotlight anymore.

“Heh! Not bad… Gladion.”

“Now, let’s battle already. Silvally can’t wait any longer.”

“Ye asked fo’ it, Blondie!” responded Harvard, beaming a confident smirk. “Here we come!”

And so the battle started, with Slowbro enveloped in a dimension-twisting psychic aura and Silvally lunging forward with shining claws…

“Gladion…” muttered Harvard, narrowing his eyes. “Not a name ye hear every day.”

The Chimchar fell silent once more, making the mug slide from a hand to another. He seemed conflicted about something, and took a careful look around the place.

“Lean closer, Miss…” he whispered, before jumping on the table and holding his hand close to his mouth. “Walls’ve ears, and I dun want to endanger dat fella in any way.” A concerned expression appeared on the Chimchar’s face. “But… aye. ‘Blondie’ is Gladion. I’ve been usin’ another name cuz he an’ his pals’re under da… viewfinder o’ some crooks. I wanna keep ‘im safe, y’see?

“So, don’t reveal yer name too freely, aye? Ye never know when someone’s watchin’ ye…”

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“Lean closer, Miss…” he whispered, before jumping on the table and holding his hand close to his mouth. “Walls’ve ears, and I dun want to endanger dat fellow in any way.” A concerned expression appeared on the Chimchar’s face. “But… aye. ‘Blondie’ is Gladion. I’ve been usin’ another name cuz he an’ his pals’re under da… viewfinder o’ some crooks. I wanna keep ‘im safe, y’see?

“So, don’t reveal yer name too freely, aye? Ye never know when someone’s watchin’ ye…”
Lillie followed Harvard up onto the table to listen.

So he was caught up in a gang, then. "I'll be safe. Those crooks won't be looking for me. Nobody even knows who I am, really." What kind of criminals would care about me, anyways? "Even if they are, they won't be able to find me here."

And if they did, I could just lift my disguise, she thought. She immediately felt as ashamed of it. That would've been murder.

"Unless there's something I'm missing. Is there a real reason you're worried they could follow you here?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Two words: inter-dimensional travelers. They could be in any dimension at any time, an’ let’s just say dat some fellas dun like when someone’s snoopin’ ‘round their affairs,” explained Harvard. “At least, dat’s da main reason. Dunno if they’re da reason I’m here, but I could see ‘em sendin’ armies o’ aliens to stop me.”

He leaned back and sighed, while scratching the back of his neck.

“If they’re involved, then this is a pretty crappy situation. I could do somethin’ with me Pokémon, aye, but who knows if they’re even here?” He groaned and shook his head, his flame burning more vividly and… angrily. “I just hope everyone’s fine… I’d never forgive meself if those pricks did somethin’ to me family an’ me pals!”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Lillie squinted at him. What on earth had happened since she'd disappeared?

"I doubt they'll follow you here, to this little nothing town that they'd have to give up their humanity to enter. It sounds to me like your real concern should be getting back before anything else has time to happen..."

She paused for a moment, considering stopping there. She decided against it, and continued. "The thing that brought me here might be in this world, too. A creature that looks like a little nebula with pom-poms on it's head. Small enough to fit in the palm of my- About the same size as I am now, actually. It's our ticket home.... Hopefully."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Harvard hummed and rubbed his chin. Nebula with pompons? Was that some kind of alien critter, too?

“Huh… Nay, dat ain’t ringin’ any bells. But if dat’s our ticket home an’ it’s ‘round here,” he beamed a confident smirk, “then imma help ye find it! I bet in two we’d have a better chance to locate dis lil’ nebula!”

Harvard married slightly his eyes. “I’d do anythin’ to get back home. I ain’t afraid o’ dangers an’ whatevs, so count me in fo’ yer search party!”

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Considering this is still the morning, I'm not getting drunk this time."

Lance yawned again, putting the shades back on before they fell on the ground. Although his memories of the cafe were a tad... hazy, he still enjoyed the place. Mostly because Kora was with him, and also because he loved that cake. And chocolate? That was the best part. If only he could do that recipe his uncle taught him... but not without burning the kitchen down.

"Alright, hun!" he turned to Kora. "First we have to see if the money I have works on this place."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Let's hope so, I don't think Cora found a job yet," Kora snickered. He led Lance over to the same booth they went to the night before, mouth watering at the thought of eating that cake again. "Man, I can't wait to eat that cake again! I kinda wanna see what other sweets they got! A bit of a shame they don't got any meats..."

He put on a grin and sent a mental message to his other self. 'Hunt us some good meats if you can!'

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Oh, yeah. Or anything spicy. I like spicy stuff, too bad I can't cook to save my life... not without burning everything to a crisp, haha..." he clicked his fingers together, a bit embarassed, but followed the fox.

"Alright. Let me see how much money I have. Dad gave me my allowance last week so..." he fiddled on his bag, looking for his wallet. After taking it out, he counted the golden coins. "I have... one thousand poké."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
With a punch of golden coins before him, Kora let out an "Oooooooooo" and tried to count it himself. He stopped at six, having run out of fingers.

"That'll get us, uh..." he blinked, then looked at the menu. Wait, fuck, those had words. "Uhhhhh... a lot, I bet, hehe..." Thinking quickly, Kora waved at one of the waiters or waitresses, he was too brain confused to realize at the time. Maybe they'd be able to give an answer without being mathy and all that.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The Tyrogue blinked at the coins. "Uh...you do know that we were paid 10,000 Poke to give you whatever you wanted while you were here, right?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I... I didn't. That makes a lot of sense..."

Lance rubbed the back of his head, smiling sheepishly.

"Alright, then... Can I have chocolate cake?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The Tyrogue nods, and walks away. A few minutes later, they return with the cakes.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance sat on a table, licking his lips. He checked the cake out and gave a thumbs up to Tyrogue.

"Thank you."

He took a slice of the dessert and swallowed it down.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora was about to do the same, but decided to be polite-r than normal. "Thanks for the sweets! They're pretty great!"

Before he dug into his well-deserved treats, Kora was cut short by something catching his attention. His menu had flipped to the desert section, yes, and he saw the treasured, the blessed, the glorious... Ice Cream section...

"C-Can we get some ice cream? Like, with the cones and sprinkles and everythin'?" Kora asked, his eyes sparkling. "I wanna get Vanilla, it'll be great with the cakes!"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Oh, oh! Ice cream! I'll have a vanilla one too!" Lance cheered, munching on the cake and gulping. It tasted incredible, not too sweet, but not bitter. Just the perfect amount of chocolate! Not like there was such a thing as too much chocolate, anyway.

"And hun, feel free to have some of my cake while you're at it!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The Tyrogue leaves, and then returns a couple minutes later with two relatively large ice cream cones, covered in pecha flakes and a full pecha berry on top.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance gives the Tyrogue another thumbs up, and picks up some of the ice cream, putting it alongside the slice of cake he had earlier. He chomped them down at once, purring at just how delicious it all was.

"I should really give the props to the chef later... this is so good!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora immediately ate the pecha berry, purring and snickering with glee. "Chilled fruit always tastes so much better than regular fruit~! It's wonderful!"

Instead of devouring the entire ice cream cone at one, Kora dropped the scoops on a slice of his cake, also took a slice of Lance's cake and slapped it next to his, and ate his cone in one bite. "Ice cream and cake is the best combination since ice cream and pie," he giggled, taking a forkful of both cakes with some ice cream and holding it before Lance. "Try some, it'll be amazing!"

Top Bottom