• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Riverbank Beach

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Nero smirked. "I mean... when you put it that way, everyone's created. Whether they hatch from an egg or get poofed into reality by some kind of god."

Mew yawned, blowing a snot bubble in Lee's general direction.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Gods I can see why Kora would have been drawn to you..." Lee groaned. He pulled his arm from the water and tossed it on the grass to dry, then remembering that it was permanently cloudly, and cold, and simply jammed the arm back on him. Before he took his other arm off, blew Mew's gross bubble back at it.

"I was asking if you were made, artificially. The Silvally I know of back home is artificial, I believe, and I am curious if that was a universal constant," he huffed, dropping his other arm in the water.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, I certainly can't make assumptions for every world. That'd be rude." Nero sat on his haunches and scratched at a cheek bolt. "But, yes, I'm 'monmade, if that's what you're going for. Not that it really matters."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Hm... So you are... And it feels rather obvious that you are indeed powerful. Perhaps you could give Kora a fight where he is allowed to go all out in," Lee said, flashing the water off his arm and putting it back on. This Nero was certainly more blunt, and sarcastic, than the others. A definite plus. And Lee even got the answer he was expecting, which was more disappointing than anything.

"Are the strongest Pokemon among our worlds really the ones put together by means of science?" he grumbled, then looked to Nero again. "Where, or how, exactly did you get your power from? The Silvally I know pulls it from the aura all around us, and despite how rich our world is with it, his strength pails in comparison to yours."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"From my spirits, of course," Nero chirped. His glowing parts turned a jubilant yellow, then green, then a striped mixed of the two before turning back to the base white.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Let me guess, some times those spirits take over, or have enough of a mind of their own to affect how you act and think?" Lee scoffed, twisting off his head and shaking more sand from it. "What, do you also take in the lost and wandering spirits of the dead? Were you made originally as a spirit containment vessel too?"

"...I honestly couldn't think of another use of such a creature, so I wouldn't be all that surprised."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Uh, no to all of that." Nero tilted his head. Boy did this guy sound jaded. Not quite the rudest lycanroc he'd met, however. Just the second-rudest. "I was built to kill gods. Now I'm more of a protector type."

Mew poked their head up again, then returned to fiddling with sand grains.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee chuckled lightly and placed his head back on top of his shoulders. Knowing this Silvally wasn't the same as the one in his own world was some strange relief.

"A god slayer? I hadn't realized gods were a nuisance in other worlds," Lee hummed, rolling his shoulders. Another reason for Kora to like such a beast. "Does your world not rely on humans to solve its problems? Or did they become proactive in defending their own planet?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Nero quirked a brow. "There are a lot of worlds with humans. Including ones that don't have any pokémon." He glanced skyward, glowing parts turning blue. "It's a vast reality out there and whatnot." He looked back at Lee. "Besides, what I was made for doesn't matter anymore. I work as a rescuer and that's good enough for me.

"Besides..." Nero flicked his head in Mew's direction. "Whatever protection you think you have for conventional psychics won't work with me." His eyes turned a strange mixture of blue and pink. "I'd like to think I demonstrated that when I stopped your zoroark friend from causing trouble."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Besides..." Nero flicked his head in Mew's direction. "Whatever protection you think you have for conventional psychics won't work with me."

Lee shrugged. He had heard that phrase before, and no one had been able to properly follow up on that claim. It would have been interesting to see this time around, but he didn't bet on it.

"He knows fully well that he does not make the greatest decisions, so as long as whatever psychic that is trying to deal with him is working to fix a problem he made, he wouldn't have stopped them." He sat himself down on the ground, scratching behind his ear. Somehow more sand had gotten there. "I, inversely, only allow a certain other Pokemon to use their psionics on me. You are free to try, but don't hold your breath."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I never hold my breath. I have no lungs." Giggling, Nero's eyes shimmered. Blue and pink appeared in his other glowing parts. His forelegs shimmered and swirled with pink energy. The same pink glow would surround Lee as Nero lifted him off the ground and plopped him back into a mound of silt.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"A thing we both have in common, as well as being god ki--" He was moving, thanks to the sickening feeling of psionics around him. "..."

He could see the mound of silt he was being carried towards, and shot Nero a deathly glare moments before his wolf hide was sullied again.

"You saw all the effort I spent to get the sand and dirt from my fur... and of all places to drop me, you pick this..." Lee shut his eyes, taking a deep breath. It wasn't worth it... It wasn't worth it... It wasn't worth it...

Instead of lashing out verbally, Lee raised a paw. Darkness crackled around it, shifting into a Zoroark paw, then into a rather long Mew paw. It took a faint black glow, grabbing a clump of silt from his pile with psionics, and chucking it at Nero.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Nero opened his beak wide. Pink and blue shifted to brown. The sand flew right into his open beak and Nero gulped it down with clinking in his cheek bolts. "Hmm. Not a lot of minerals there." He turned and spat a bit of silt onto the sand. "But not the worst thing I've had to eat. Plenty of fun." HIs tail wagged.

From their spot on the shore, Mew snickered into their paws.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee took a long blink, sitting up in the silt and looking at Nero. He did, in fact, eat a clump of dirt. Just... straight up dirt. Only a few steps below Kora and his rock eating nonsense. The wolf was able to think little of it, fortunately. "...If I had a dollar for every powerful being I knew that ate stone or dirt willingly, I would now have two dollars."

But he might as well play along, chances to practice psionics weren't frequent, and it was a fair bit better than just chatting. He raised his Mew-paw again, lifting up two clumps of silt, and sent them both towards Nero. "I can at least understand why a large creature such as a Silvally would have an appetite, but I never thought of dirt as anything other than... dirt."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Really? Aren't you supposed to be a rock-type?" This time Nero spat globs of water up to stop the silt plops. They unceremoniously dropped onto the sand. "I would think you'd understand that earth with good mineral composition is good for your coat."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Is it?" Lee tilted his head. "Whatever I am now isn't exactly like the Lycanroc's of other worlds. I hardly even know if I am a normal Lycanroc in my own. The only ones that existed in the last hundred centuries were me and my late father, and in our centuries together and apart, I have never eaten dirt, and I do not believe he himself had either."

He looked at the pile of silt once again, humming thoughtfully. "Do I just... eat it? Like you did?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"That's what I did when I used to be a lycanroc," Nero said, shrugging. It was technically multiple lycanroc but that extra detail wasn't necessary.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The wolf reverted his paw back to normal, flexing it for a moment. "I assume that has to do with your spirits, yes? Being essentially two beings is already hard enough... I do not want to imagine the amount you are."

He held a clump of silt in his paws, his snout scrunching slightly. Normally he would have been skeptical about something like this, and frankly he still was, but Nero probably had no reason to lie. Kora was no where around, they were basically alone, no one would know if he just... ate dirt.

"...I am trusting you two to speak of this with no one," Lee huffed, shoving the one pawful of silt into his maw. He chewed it like one would a mouthful of rice, and much to his surprise, the feeling of stone and dirt on his teeth wasn't at all uncomfortable. The crunch and chew were almost relaxing, but it tasted rather bland, yet passable...

He hated that it was a decent experience.

"I can see what you mean by this dirt not having many minerals, I think," Lee said, spitting some silt off to the side. There was also a faint strange sensation that rolled through his body, like when a normal being drank water for the first time in a long while. "...Is this why Kora eats rocks?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Not if he's a zoroark," Nero said. "Seems to me like he's just got a case of being a dumbass. Sometimes they're rewarded for their head-scratching stupidity."

Mew poked their head up again, then tilted it. "... mew?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"He's about as much of a Zoroark as I am a Lycanroc," Lee shrugged, clenching his paws tightly for a moment. A surge of power rushed over his body, sending whatever silt was still on him flying off in all directions. He could have done that first, but detaching himself was fun.

"You are right about him being a dumbass, however. And I feel the need to apologize that you have to deal with that yourself," Lee grumbled. "I can feel several more centuries pile upon me whenever he has one of his 'bright ideas.'"

Top Bottom