• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
“Whoa! Fella, chill! Ye not like touchy? Fine, no touchy, then!” He stared at Kora. “Oi! No more back-pattin’, aye? If we’ve to stick together for a lil while, we might as well start with the right foot. No?”

"You don't gotta worry about Lee and his... being Lee. That just happens when you pat him really hard, see?" Kora snickered, slapping Lee hard in the back. Like Kora said, more black embers poofed off the wolf's body, and a snarl came onto Lee's snout as well. "Oh, right, he also doesn't like bein touched all that much."

Lee rolled his eyes and sighed. "Do not mind him and you time here will be a luxury. As long as you don--"

“Kickin’ butts’s my specialty. If ye need someone to teach a lesson or two, just call me, aye?"

“Welp! I’m gonna need some time to get used to… this,” he said, motioning to his monkey body. “Though, huh, am I the only human ‘round, or…?”

Kora shoved Lee out of the way, his eyes shimmering and dark wisps rising off his body excitedly. "Are you really strong too?! I'm crazy strong! We should totally fight sometime!" he yipped. "My human friend back home got used to his body by training and fighting lots!"

"Son of a... another human?" Lee groaned, face-pawing."You certainly are not alone, there are plenty humans, and Kora is half human. You'll fit right in..."

"Are you sayin' ya don't wanna find out how strong this guy is?" Kora pouted. Lee shrugged and shook his head, and Kora pouted even further. "You're just bein' a stick in the mud on purpose..." he huffed.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Nope! I'm one too!" Gen said, smiling. "As are half of the other World-Savers, and some of the Pokemon who arrived here. And probably whoever wrote my name in that mailbox."

"
Still have no idea what was up with that," Vernir mumbled.
Kora shoved Lee out of the way, his eyes shimmering and dark wisps rising off his body excitedly. "Are you really strong too?! I'm crazy strong! We should totally fight sometime!" he yipped. "My human friend back home got used to his body by training and fighting lots!"

"Son of a... another human?" Lee groaned, face-pawing."You certainly are not alone, there are plenty humans, and Kora is half human. You'll fit right in..."

Harvard breathed out a sigh of relief. Good, so he wasn’t going to be the Goldeen out of the water, so to speak.

Though, he wondered whether those other humans belonged to his same world or some other universe. Apparently, Blondie and Lass traveled across the Ultra Space or something (whatever that meant) and reached his and Ginger’s world, so who knew?

Hmm… He would have needed to investigate further.

“It sure’s good t’hear fo’ me, aye! Kinda worried I was gonna be dat strange guy in the gang, so!” He held his hands behind his back. “But hey! I’m all fo’ gettin’ to know Pokémon fellas, too! It could be an intriguin’ experience fo’ sure.”

"Are you sayin' ya don't wanna find out how strong this guy is?" Kora pouted. Lee shrugged and shook his head, and Kora pouted even further. "You're just bein' a stick in the mud on purpose..." he huffed.

Harvard coughed and scratched the back of his head with both hands. Oh boy.

“I… well, yeah, I’m strong fo’ sure. Heck, I’m da champ of me region an’ I’ve plenty o’ fightin’ skills.”

From behind his back he produced a yo-yo, which he used to perform a few tricks.

“But yo-yo lassoin’s what I’m best at — nobody can compete with dis skill here!”

Up, down, a swirly motion and Harvard pulled at both extremes with such strength that the yo-yo crackled.

“So yeah! I’m all fo’ some fightin’ anytime! Just say da word and I’ll be there!”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
“I… well, yeah, I’m strong fo’ sure. Heck, I’m da champ of me region an’ I’ve plenty o’ fightin’ skills.”

From behind his back he produced a yo-yo, which he used to perform a few tricks.

“But yo-yo lassoin’s what I’m best at — nobody can compete with dis skill here!”

Up, down, a swirly motion and Harvard pulled at both extremes with such strength that the yo-yo crackled.

Kora let out an overly-impressed squee, grinning from ear to ear, and somehow further than that. "That's awesome!" he snickered, hopping from foot to foot. Some humans were just full of the neatest tricks!

Lee was more interested in that part about the champion of a region. Sounded similar to being the champion of Azure, like that one annoying Lucario, but at least that title had a guarantee of strength behind it.

“So yeah! I’m all fo’ some fightin’ anytime! Just say da word and I’ll be there!”

"You're on!" Kora snickered, hitting his paws together.

"It would be interesting to see how a human champion fairs in their first fight as a Pokemon. But I won't have my hopes up," Lee nodded, crossing his arms. "I would not be opposed to being proven wrong, however."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen's eyes widened. This Chimchar was a champion?!

"What region?" he asked, looking towards Harvard.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Harvard beamed a grin and showed a thumbs-up at Kora, appreciating the enthusiasm. Good, at least he didn’t leave a bad impression. He hoped that would have lasted long enough — making new enemies would be a very unwise move, so a leash he had to wear.

"You're on!" Kora snickered, hitting his paws together.

"It would be interesting to see how a human champion fairs in their first fight as a Pokemon. But I won't have my hopes up," Lee nodded, crossing his arms. "I would not be opposed to being proven wrong, however."

“Well, there’s only one way to find out, no?” He smirked and smacked his fists together. “An’ dat’s by engagin’ in some good brawl! Besides, I’ve gotta get gud with this body, so a lil trainin’ shouldn’t hurt! So yeah, bring it on whenever!”

Gen's eyes widened. This Chimchar was a champion?!

"What region?" he asked, looking towards Harvard.

And then, Harvard felt a bit awkward at seeing Gen leaning toward him. Huh, he wasn’t going to be like those rabid fans… right?

“From Orre,” he replied simply, before scratching his head. “Dunno if ye’re from me world, but where I come from there are those… colosseums.” He rubbed a his chin with a hand. “An’, well, I’ve beaten all o’ ‘em, so I’ve been titled ‘Colosseum Master’, da most prestigious title in Orre.”

He shrugged nonchalantly. “Current champ, currently undefeated. Many fellows’ve tried to take away me title, but no luck so far.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
“Well, there’s only one way to find out, no?” He smirked and smacked his fists together. “An’ dat’s by engagin’ in some good brawl! Besides, I’ve gotta get gud with this body, so a lil trainin’ shouldn’t hurt! So yeah, bring it on whenever!”

Lee rolled his eyes, exhaling. "Edging Kora on with the incentive to fight is going to come back to bite you. Hard. Which means I have to watch this to make sure he doesn't go too far," he growled lowly. "There goes an afternoon..."

"I won't go too hard on him, promise!" Kora said, his excited grin still on his face. "Just a regular spar, good ol' fashioned brawlin'! Besides, he's a champion! He can totally handle a few knicks and bruises! Probably!"

Lee could feel it, Kora would kill again. And this time it wouldn't be as humorous as a Mimikyu shattering the souls of several others.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Orre? Huh, I don't remember Orre having a champion in my world...but then again, I don't know much about Orre in general, and we're almost certainly from different worlds," Gen said.

"Please be careful," Vernir said, looking towards Kora. "We don't have an infinite stock of reviver seeds."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Lee rolled his eyes, exhaling. "Edging Kora on with the incentive to fight is going to come back to bite you. Hard. Which means I have to watch this to make sure he doesn't go too far," he growled lowly. "There goes an afternoon..."

"I won't go too hard on him, promise!" Kora said, his excited grin still on his face. "Just a regular spar, good ol' fashioned brawlin'! Besides, he's a champion! He can totally handle a few knicks and bruises! Probably!"

Harvard stared uneasily at the exchange between Lee and Kora. Something about what the Lycanroc said gave him a very bad feeling. Though, he had brushed the side of death a few times in his homeworld, he could probably handle whatever that new setting and those new people had to offer.

...Or at least, he hoped so.

"Yeah, well, let's not go too far, aye? I've fought thugs and punks of all kinds, but that was with me original body." He shrugged nonchalantly. "Not that I'm afraid or anythin', but ye can never be too cautious."

"Orre? Huh, I don't remember Orre having a champion in my world...but then again, I don't know much about Orre in general, and we're almost certainly from different worlds," Gen said.

Harvard nodded. "Fair 'nuff. I'm just fine with havin' a few folks like me 'round, y'know? Even if they're from other universes or whatever nonsense." He chuckled and smirked. "Heck, I know a few fellas who've traveled across galaxies an' all that sci-fi nonsense, so 'twas a matter o' time before it happened to me, too."

With this said, he withdrew his yo-yo and crossed his arms, looking pensively at the others.

"Now, fo' some serious biz. D'ye know why there're so many folks droppin' from across the universes? Any clue so far?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Yeah, well, let's not go too far, aye? I've fought thugs and punks of all kinds, but that was with me original body." He shrugged nonchalantly. "Not that I'm afraid or anythin', but ye can never be too cautious."

"Yeah, alright. I'll go easy on you," Kora shrugged, snickering. A held-back fight was still a fight, which was definitely enough for him to stay hyped about it.

"Now, fo' some serious biz. D'ye know why there're so many folks droppin' from across the universes? Any clue so far?"

"In our case, Kora brought us here of his own volition," Lee explained, shooting a sideways glance at Kora. "Everyone else... I believe they've all come here on accident. Worm holes, misfiring their astral projection... crash landing for no reason other than to be caused pain. Actually, that last part is just speculation."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"We still have no idea, though I think it may have to do with the recent happenings," Vernir said.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Yeah, alright. I'll go easy on you," Kora shrugged, snickering. A held-back fight was still a fight, which was definitely enough for him to stay hyped about it.

Harvard held out a hand. “Now, I didn’t say anythin’ ‘bout goin’ easy. Just, well, gimme some time to get used to this body, aye? I mean,” he motioned toward his bottom, “I gotta figure out how to turn off me butt, too!”

"In our case, Kora brought us here of his own volition," Lee explained, shooting a sideways glance at Kora. "Everyone else... I believe they've all come here on accident. Worm holes, misfiring their astral projection... crash landing for no reason other than to be caused pain. Actually, that last part is just speculation."
"We still have no idea, though I think it may have to do with the recent happenings," Vernir said.

Harvard narrowed his eyes and nodded a few times. Hm, that was definitely a bizarre occurrence. He wondered why that happened: could Team Penumbra be responsible for that? After all, Purple Eyes had corrupted Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, so perhaps he had something to do about that chaos? He wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case, that’s for certain.

“Welp! I guess dat means I’d better lend a paw here, huh? I sure know I wanna go back home asap, so if ye need any help with investigation an’ all o’ dat lemme know, aye?”

He placed his hands behind his head. “Now, I dunno ‘bout ye, but I’m kinda hungry. D’ye know some place to get some grub?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Harvard held out a hand. “Now, I didn’t say anythin’ ‘bout goin’ easy. Just, well, gimme some time to get used to this body, aye? I mean,” he motioned toward his bottom, “I gotta figure out how to turn off me butt, too!”

"Ya can take all the time ya need!" Kora grinned. "I like my fights to be as even as possible. I can even give ya some pointers if ya feel like!" he said, booping Harvard's nose and snapping his claws. A veil of darkness washed over him, shrinking his form lower and lower until he was the same size as Harvard. As the darkness dissipated, a Chimchar very much similar to Harvard stood with a shining grin about him.

He placed his hands behind his head. “Now, I dunno ‘bout ye, but I’m kinda hungry. D’ye know some place to get some grub?”

Kora nodded and pointed a paw in some other direction. "There's a cafe 'round here that's got the best chocolate cake I've had in days!" he beamed.

"...You are pointing in the wrong direction," Lee sighed, turning the monkey towards the cafe. "I know not if there are any other restaurants, and frankly I couldn't care less. Although... some form of meat would be very much appreciated."

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Ya can take all the time ya need!" Kora grinned. "I like my fights to be as even as possible. I can even give ya some pointers if ya feel like!" he said, booping Harvard's nose and snapping his claws. A veil of darkness washed over him, shrinking his form lower and lower until he was the same size as Harvard. As the darkness dissipated, a Chimchar very much similar to Harvard stood with a shining grin about him.

Whoa! Even though Harvard had seen an Illusion happening plenty of times in his life — and Blondie had a Zoroark, too, which pulled off similar tricks — he couldn’t help but marvel at those illusionary skills and tricks.

It was fascinating, really — being able to look at himself through a clone.

“‘‘Twas a nice trick there, fella,” replied Harvard, beaming a grin of his own. “Haha! Cool beans! Hey, if ye fancy some lil’ jest someday lemme know. I bet we could think o’ somethin’ amusin’!”

"...You are pointing in the wrong direction," Lee sighed, turning the monkey towards the cafe. "I know not if there are any other restaurants, and frankly I couldn't care less. Although... some form of meat would be very much appreciated."

Harvard rubbed his hands with anticipation. “Heck yeah! Meat sounds good!” He paused as he looked at himself. “Tho, huh, I wonder if Chimchar can eat meat…”

The Chimchar contemplated about that for a few seconds, before shrugging. “Heh, whatevs! I’ll find out later, I guess. So, onward we g—”

Splat! Harvard face-planted as soon as he took a step forward, his flame quivering and crackling.

“…Crap. I can’t even walk properly now?” he grumbled, before standing back up and shaking his head.

That was… embarrassing. The former-human-now-Chimchar looked at his hands and recalled how the Chimchar used to walk on his world. He lowered himself to his four paws and took a couple of steps forward.

Hm, yes, with the arms down his weight was distributed more evenly. Though, the notion of walking like that made him frown.

“I gotta work on dat later…” he commented, before looking at the others. “Well, forget ‘bout this… hiccup. Let’s just go!”

And without another word, Harvard proceeded to walk down the path, even if he had no clue where he was going.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora preferred to waddle over walking on all fours, he thought it was funnier. "Cafe! Cafe! Cafe!" he chanted, following behind Harvard.

"...Wonderful," Lee sigh, spinning on his heel to go in the opposite direction. Those two could get lost together, and he wouldn't have to worry about it.

Once Kora and Harvard were out of earshot, Lee gave Gen and Vernir a nod. "If that Zoroark gives anyone any trouble, let me know. And don't... reprimand him too harshly. Unless he kills someone again. At that point, feel free to break a chair over his head," he said just before he left. For his second day in another world, things were going alright. Which was nice.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Will do," Vernir said, before he and Gen left the plaza, too, heading towards the Riverside Plaza.

As they left, something briefly poked out of a bush, before quickly going back into hiding.

<><><><><><><>

Day 2: Heroes and Deserters

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The Top Plaza of Overcast Village had gone mostly quiet since Harvard's arrival. A Meganium and a Torterra stood inside a tent fashioned after a Kecleon, the former handing a yellow disk to a Draklaok. A Dreepy was atop the Drakloak's head. A Lampent twirled through the plaza, their flame going up and down in a rythmic pattern. Over by a bulletin board filled with papers, a Flapple and a Porygon-Z chatted.

Suddenly, 3 figures fell from the sky above the plaza. They crashed into the stone, but were somehow unharmed. An icy Ninetales, a Zoroark, and a Luxray.

A Bayleef wearing a blue and green striped scarf ran over, face contorted in worry. "Are you all okay?" they asked.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Falling. Dizzy. Rolling around. All happening at once without Brian being able to react much to it, other than screaming as he crashed down on the ground. The Zoroark grunted in pain, lots of pain, and hazily stood up. His head trembled, and his vision was blurry.

"What... the actual fuck was that?"

He rubbed his eyes and once he could see again, Brian had to rub them again. And again. T-That wasn't his home! and it certainly wasn't like all the other places he visited before! What was going on?! Clearly, he wasn't alone. To his side were two others, but right in front of him... a Bayleef!

"H-Hi, I'm okay, yeah. Uh, where... am I?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The fall could've been worse. Much worse. Shane got a burst of Psychic off, but not fast enough to stop himself from faceplanting into the dirt. For the briefest of moments, his tails squeezed together and shimmered gold before splitting back apart. He pulled his head out of the dirt. Shane stumbled on the grass, trying to shake grass and dirt out of his mane.

"Yeah. Just a few million dead brain cells. No biggie." He blinked rapidly. The irony of having stars in his vision was not lost on him.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Apparently, unlike the other two, Zack was mostly fine. Like all felines, he landed on his feet. It would have been killer on his ankles, but honestly he had fallen from buildings enough times that his ankles were basically immune to fall damage. Well that and the quick, super-dense veil of static he casted around himself to basically float at very last second. Which probably sent shocks towards the few he arrived with.

"You're both being a tad overdramatic, don't you think?" he yawned, stretching out his back and flicking his tail from side to side. "Speaking of, who are you? I don't believe I'm dreaming, and I've never met an Icetales as not-at-all-an Icetales as sparkles over here." Zack leaned back to see Brian. "And you aren't either of the three Zoroarks I know, either..."

If he had found a way to have lucid dreams as realistic as this felt like, Zack would honestly be stoked. He wouldn't have to wake up to meet with friends... although, admittedly, that sounded more pathetic and lonely than anything...

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Shane frowned. "Do you usually insult strangers?" Not that he was really one to talk.

Top Bottom