• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Live theatre, you say?" Gladion laughed. "Why, just look around you! The stage is set, the first act is afoot. I only hope it's a comedy and not a tragedy."

Hopefully a comedy. He was uncomfortably Viola for his taste.
Odette’s brows lowered. She was going to get premature wrinkles with the amount of times she’d done that already.

“I was being serious, but sure, if you’d like to have that kind of worldview, I won’t stop you.”

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Entertainment?" Nero thought it worth a guess.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I would presume that you would need a resume and recommendations," Nero deadpanned.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yeah. How would Team Skull have been able to hire a human, anyway?" Nero shrugged. "Curious that they're actually still alive here."

"They're definitely alive, and they still won't leave me alone after years!" Pahelia said.

Gladion blinked. He could've sworn they looked ready for a fight for a split second there. "Yeah, I think you got the wrong Team Skull. I suppose it's hardly the most original name. I doubt your Team Skull is known for acts of petty theft, tagging rich people's shit with 'Alola is Dead,' and various acts of minor blasphemy against Tapu Bulu."

"Uhh..." His voice took on an embarrassed tone. "That's not the part I did. Except maybe a little bit of the blasphemy, I guess. Still, no need for Plumeria to pay me for what the Skulls will do for free. I dealt with people who pick on weak Skulls."

"Sorry. The Team Skull in our world has hurt us a lot. They stole my relic fragment three times, manipulated Chatot and Wigglytuff, caused us to go without food for a day once, and keep trying to get in the way of our missions," Pahelia explained.

Odette emerged from her assigned lodging. She’d opted to going straight there, figuring it’d be the least strange, versus exploring the town. However, she couldn’t have been more wrong. Weird Misdrevous artifacts were...weird.

“I suppose I made the wrong choice.”

In hindsight, exploring the town would have been the better option all around. Taking in the sights, paying attention to the inhabitants...observing the other Pokemon she’d ended up here with. She guessed that if this wasn’t a dream, she needed to do whatever in her power to treat it as such.

The question was, where to start? Some of the others had gone shopping, perhaps she should—wait.

She patted her wide Indeedee hips. Not a human. No money. She frowned deeply.

“Shit.”

She had to wonder if getting a job was an option. It seemed that, being that they had semi-permanent dwellings, they would most likely be here for a while. Maybe...?

“I wonder if there’s a live theater around here...”

"There's a theater over near the Tree plaza," Pahelia said. "It's the big Meowth-shaped building."

"I would presume that you would need a resume and recommendations," Nero deadpanned.

"The theater is open to volunteers," Pahelia said.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Yeah, that sounds like the Team Skull I'm familiar with," Nero said. "But in my world they died to Yveltal and Dark Matter."

Day 2: Champion of the Wasteland

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"-ould do. There's been another sighting, another confirmed Shadow Pokemon has been located that needs to be rescued, and we have those Pokemon from other worlds that we need to get back home. We'll need to split up to take care of it all," a Servine in the Top Plaza said.

"Then let's-" a Dewott also in the Top Plaza began, before hearing the sound of rushing air. He looked up, and gasped at what he saw.

Above the Top Plaza of Overcast Village, a Chimchar was falling. Within seconds, the Chimchar landed between the Servine and Dewott, miraculously unharmed by the impact.

"...well, looks like another one just arrived," the Servine said, turning towards the Chimchar. "Are you ok?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Black. Stars. Some ringing, too.

This was all Harvard could see and hear for a moment, dazed by whatever… thing happened to him.

Then, he got a glimpse of a faint flash in his mind. A black wormhole, with dark tendrils coming out of it. His sister staring in shock at the emerging monstrosity, paralyzed by fear. He rushed forward, hands outstretched, and placed himself between the tendrils and his sister like a meat shield…

“Ack! Hana, get outta da—!”

Harvard flailed for a moment as if to attack whatever was wrapped around his body, and then he realized that… nothing was around his body anymore?

“Wha—?!”

He took a wary look at his surroundings. They were… huh, okay, where the heck was he? That wasn’t Orre anymore, that’s for sure. Where was the desert, and those three kiddos, and… those black holes? Did he slip into a wormhole and end in some new world?

“…The heck?”

Finally, he registered a new voice and turned toward it. What he saw was a… giant Servine! His eyes widened at seeing it — why was that Servine so big?!

“What?! D’ye just… talk?!” he cried out in surprise, before taking a step backwards and glaring at the snake. Or rather, he stumbled backward and grunted, but quickly sat up, still glaring. “Okay, shoot! Who are ye? What’s this place?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The Dewott looked towards the Chimchar. Judging how he was shocked at the Servine talking...this was probably another human.

"I'm Vernir! And my partner over here is Gen," the Servine said, pointing towards the Dewott with a vine, who waved. "We're Team Gardeners, and this place is Overcast Village."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
For all his pep and energy, Kora wasn't all that much of a morning person. Especially whenever he actually slept, since it was a pain to wake up early. The only reason he woke up at all was because of how hungry his hangover made him. He quietly moved around the Orbeetle house, grabbing the last of the cake and his blue hoodie, and left for a walk.

Mindless, groggy, and mumbling something about food, Kora happened upon the star-fallen Chimchar currently losing his mind. "...Oh, hey, another traveler. Imma bet it's a human too."

He went over to the fire monkey, nodding a hello to the Dewott and Servine, and crouched down to Harvard. "Howdy," he greeted and yawned. "You drop by here often?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"I'm Vernir! And my partner over here is Gen," the Servine said, pointing towards the Dewott with a vine, who waved. "We're Team Gardeners, and this place is Overcast Village."

Harvard scratched his head, trying to make some sense of that bizarre situation. “Vernir, Gen, Gardeners, Overcast… ‘Kay, cool, gotcha. First time hearin’ o’ Overcast Village, but whatevs!”

He crossed his arms, his face softening slightly.

“So, name’s Har—” he paused when he felt fur on his arms, and quickly looked down. It didn’t take long for him to realize that he was a Chimchar — the burning butt gave it away immediately. He narrowed his eyes, then shrugged. Everything was crazy enough as is, what was a transformation into a Chimchar?

“…Harvard. Dat’s me name.”

He went over to the fire monkey, nodding a hello to the Dewott and Servine, and crouched down to Harvard. "Howdy," he greeted and yawned. "You drop by here often?"

Okay, first a giant snake, now a giant canine? The day couldn’t get any better, could it?

“Howdy, fella!” responded Harvard, before grabbing into his belt… which he didn’t have anymore, so his hands slipped by his sides. He grunted and placed them on his hips, instead. “Heh! Fell countless times in me country, but dis here’s first time fallin’ in a new world. Sure hope’s not gonna become a recurrin’ event.”

He raised an eyebrow, staring at Kora. “An’ who are ye, fella?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
“Howdy, fella!” responded Harvard, before grabbing into his belt… which he didn’t have anymore, so his hands slipped by his sides. He grunted and placed them on his hips, instead. “Heh! Fell countless in me country, but dis here’s first time fallin’ in a new world. Sure hope’s not gonna become a recurrin’ event.”

He raised an eyebrow, staring at Kora. “And who are ye, fella?”

"Kora, an' you seem to be takin' this a whole lot easier than anyone else we've dropped here with," Kora snickered, yawning again. "Fuuuuck, I'm tired..."

He slapped his cheeks to wake up a bit more, then sported a friendly grin. A fresh face to hopefully not ruin things with immediately. "I'm afraid gettin' stuck with us basically means this is gonna happen a whole lot more, hehe!"

"Is crowding the newcomer the smartest play you should run with?" a gruff, disappointed voice growled from behind Kora. A tall midnight Lycanroc stepped from behind him, Lee. "History is bound to repeat itself, and you might have someone wanting you gone, you know."

Kora rolled his eyes and snickered. "And is getting buddy-buddy with the newbie before they hate you your play? I didn't think of you as lookin' for friends."

"Hmph," Lee shrugged, ignoring Kora and waving to Harvard. "Greetings," he said flatly. It sounded like he might've been tired, but instead, he was just bored.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Well, it's nice to meet you, Harvard!" Vernir said, smiling as his tail thumped against the ground. "There have been a lot of people coming here from other worlds, but we'll find a way to get you all home!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
He slapped his cheeks to wake up a bit more, then sported a friendly grin. A fresh face to hopefully not ruin things with immediately. "I'm afraid gettin' stuck with us basically means this is gonna happen a whole lot more, hehe!"

Harvard raised the other eyebrow, a puzzled look on his face, while his flame burned more vividly. “My, ain’t dat quite da reassurin’ news?”

"Hmph," Lee shrugged, ignoring Kora and waving to Harvard. "Greetings," he said flatly. It sounded like he might've been tired, but instead, he was just bored.

Harvard smirked, while a golden gleam seemed to be shining in his brown eyes. There was intrigue in those brown disks, mixed with a bit of amusement. That was going to be a ride, that’s for sure!

“Oi there!” replied Harvard, striking a pistol gesture with his hand and placing it close to his forehead. “Pleased to meet ye, too! How ‘bout sharin’ yer name as well, aye? Gotta see how many fellas’re into this whole world-fallin’ biz, y’know?”

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Harvard!" Vernir said, smiling as his tail thumped against the ground. "There have been a lot of people coming here from other worlds, but we'll find a way to get you all home!"

“Yeah, ‘bout dat, how many folks’re ‘round here?” asked Harvard, staring at the Servine. “And whoa! So we’re stranded or somethin’?” He facepalmed. “Sheesh! Hopefully’s not gonna be a trouble gettin’ back home! Got lotsa stuff I gotta take care o’, y’see?”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora let out a happy yip, meanwhile Lee raised a brow. Harvard's optimism reflected differently on the two, with Kora being all for it, and Lee regretting showing up to meet this monkey.

“Oi there!” replied Harvard, striking a pistol gesture with his hand and placing it close to his forehead. “Pleased to meet ye, too! How ‘bout sharin’ yer name as well, aye? Gotta see how many fellas’re into this whole world-fallin’ biz, y’know?”

Lee blinked and stared for a moment, looking at his paws and roughly trying to imitate what Harvard did. Having only three digits made it feel awkward and he hated it. "I am Lee. There quite a few of us, but we are usually a quiet crowd. The only exceptions being Kora and whoever happens decides to chime in with his idiocy."

"Aw c'mon, don't be mad you can't start a chant train!" Kora snickered, patting the wolf on the back.

"Do not do that," Lee growled. Black embers rose off his body briefly, causing Kora to take a step back.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"How many Pokemon there are in the village? About three hundred," Gen said. "How many Pokemon have arrived here from whatever's causing this? Nineteen. You, Lee, Kora, Swoobat, Swablu, two Pokemon that I have no idea what they are, Mew, Cranidos, Lucario, Froslass, Deino, another Mew, Arceus, Indeedee, Sneasel, Delphox, and Houndoom."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…Heh. Idiocy? Nothin’ I ain’t dealt with, really!” Harvard smirked with confidence. “Kickin’ butts’s my specialty. If ye need someone to teach a lesson or two, just call me, aye? I—”

He grew alert when the dark embers rose from Lee’s body and reflexively held his hands in front of his face. Not because he was afraid, but to get himself ready to make everyone chill if a fight broke out. It worked in his world, so why there?

“Whoa! Fella, chill! Ye not like touchy? Fine, no touchy, then!” He stared at Kora. “Oi! No more back-pattin’, aye? If we’ve to stick together for a lil while, we might as well start with the right foot. No?”

"How many Pokemon there are in the village? About three hundred," Gen said. "How many Pokemon have arrived here from whatever's causing this? Nineteen. You, Lee, Kora, Swoobat, Swablu, two Pokemon that I have no idea what they are, Mew, Cranidos, Lucario, Froslass, Deino, another Mew, Arceus, Indeedee, Sneasel, Delphox, and Houndoom."

Harvard blinked a few times, before flashing a confused stare. “Heeeeh, dat’s quite da crowd. Ye lost me at ‘no idea’, fella!”

He tried to slip his hands on his belt… and once again his hands slipped by his sides. A growl rose from his throat — darn muscle memory!

“Welp! I’m gonna need some time to get used to… this,” he said, motioning to his monkey body. “Though, huh, am I the only human ‘round, or…?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Nope! I'm one too!" Gen said, smiling. "As are half of the other World-Savers, and some of the Pokemon who arrived here. And probably whoever wrote my name in that mailbox."

"
Still have no idea what was up with that," Vernir mumbled.

Top Bottom