• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Oh, it's nice." Nero's tail wagged again. "I live with my friends and teammates in an observatory." He'd have to choose his next words carefully. Couldn't divulge much about the Recon Squad to those who weren't connected. "We go through Ultra Wormholes to help people who are in distress because of instabilities in Ultra Space. So, I actually don't spend that much time at home anymore.

"But I don't want to talk your nonexistent ears off about boring stuff like that." Nero looked down at her. "How are you doing? Changing forms so drastically... it's not easy."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"That doesn't sound all that boring..." Her father had fallen through an instability in Ultra Space. They could have found him.

Still, Lillie wasn't just going to ignore that question. "I'm not really doing all that well." Was that too honest? "I want to go back home and to be human again. It's just that I don't think I can. I'm not the first one in my family to fall through one of those wormholes. If my father didn't make it back... I doubt I will, either."

She stopped to think for a moment. "When you and your friends find someone who's ended up like me... What do they do?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"That's a... complicated question." One of Nero's eyes turned pink and the other blue. Stripes patterned his crest and tail. "It depends on what exactly happened to the person. I mean... the first faller I technically met is my teammate. And he's the one with the power to turn people back into their original state."

Nero crouched down until he was as close to eye level as he could be with Mimikyu. Gently, he prodded with psychic energy until he could project an image into her head. A brilliant dragon of light. Four wings. Two crystalline legs. Mismatched eyes with colors running the full rainbow spectrum.

"Memory loss isn't something we really know how to deal with. But it sounds like you're not suffering from that." The glow faded from his eyes. Nero stood up, blinking rapidly. "... for better or for worse." His head crest drooped. "It's not easy... reconciling changes that big. And homesickness on top of it. Especially since that's not an easy form to adapt to. And I say that having been a few different mimikyu before I became Silvally."

His right cheek bolt opened and a see-through, raggedy arm popped out and waved at her. Somehow, that woke Mew up from their nap. They tried to pounce onto the arm, but went right through it and bonked their head against Nero's cheek bolt. They crashed to the ground with a soft whump and a mewl.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Lillie sighed with relief. It would be possible for her to be human again. (Via Silvally's friend, The Blinding One, no less. What a weird situation this was.) On the other hand, that meant either this group had never found Father, or he had lost his memories. She didn't know which worried her worse.

She jumped back when the arm came out of his head. It seems like whoever made him from unown made a much less mundane RKS System... and a more successful one, too.

Once she'd recovered from the surprise and recollected her thoughts, she spoke up again. "So, would The Blinding One be able to help me? Can you get back there, or are you stuck, too?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I can't make portals, I'm afraid. Not strong enough." Not stable enough, really. Spacial Rends might have been able to do the trick, but he wasn't going to try. "And Ultra Space is very big. Even if my friend knew exactly where we were, he'd have to fly through it to find us. It doesn't happen instantaneously, like teleportation. It's more like... walking through a forest to get from one end to another."

After realizing what he said, Nero flinched. "Sorry to let you down. But, like, in the meantime, I can offer tips on, y'know, how to mimikyu." He offered a sympathetic smile.

On the ground, Mew nibbled at one of Nero's talons.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, it's probably a good idea to start with the basics. Like walking." Nero trotted in place. "You managed to make it to me okay. What was going through your head when you were moving?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Well, I..."

What had she been doing? She hadn't really been thinking about it. She tried to walk while thinking about what she was doing, but when she was thinking about it, she was manually focusing on her body. The instinctual movement didn't happen. She was overthinking it.

"I don't know. It just happened.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Interesting." Nero tapped a talon on the ground. "That's one way of going about it, I guess. Though I'm not sure it'll lead to you being able to do much more. You're, like, basically a gaseous ball as a ghost. I find that the best way to move about is to think of yourself like something drifting in the wind."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Most ghosts are made of ectoplasm. You're relatively solid when you want to be... but can become gaseous and transparent if you feel like it." An eery purple overtook Nero. He raised a foreleg and purple shadows swirled around it. The leg disappeared before Lillie's eyes. Mew arced their back and hissed.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Nero's leg solidified and the white of normal-type returned. "Then I guess it's best to think of yourself like something light gliding around. Like a piece of paper blown by the breeze or a tumbleweed in the desert." His tail wagged.

Day 1: The Hound and the Chimera

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The top plaza of Overcast Village had quieted down since the sudden burst of arrivals. The Kecleon shop was running again, albeit without the Kecleons, and most onlookers had returned to their daily lives.

Apoyime the Sceptile and Pahelia the Empoleon had just returned from Overlook Hill, with naught but a tote bag containing some strange items. Apoyime could have sworn that he saw a Magby on the way up, but despite hours of searching, he couldn't find them.

Suddenly, above the middle of the plaza, curved grid lines appeared. A hole to another reality, an Ultra Wormhole, had appeared. From it, two Pokemon fell, a Houndoom and a Type:Null. As both fell to the ground, the wormhole disappeared, stranding the two there.

Almost everyone nearby stared in shock, even the normally stoic Apoyime. From inside the Kecleon shop, a red-leafed Chikorita quietly uttered, "Wow..."

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
After Lillie left, Nero decided to jog some laps back and forth on the grass. Mostly keeping out of sight because gods only knew what the people of this world would think of someone like him. Having Mew wrapped around his head crest didn't help things.

But, of course, he was always tuned to ultra auras. When a familiar checkered wormhole opened, he was the first to dash toward it. Mew tumbled from his back, squeaking in surprise. Nero grabbed them with a bit of levitation and brought them along. The silvally skidded to a hald upon seeing the the newcomers.

"Mew?" They tilted their head.

Nero dug his talons into the ground, trying his best to make sure spirits didn't butt into his mind. Deep breaths. Steady breaths. He remembered what Sticky told him. It was only a matter of time before this had happened. "Hey, are you two okay?"

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
The Houndoom's eyes slid open and he shook himself. "Ugh..." he groaned. "Where am I?" Then he registers the Silvally's question. "Um... yes, I'm alright." He pulled himself to his feet and stretched his legs experimentally, before whipping the air with his thin pointed tail. Once he was satisfied, he nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. But what is this place? The last thing I remember, I was coming back from an exploration, and now... all of a sudden I'm here."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
The newly-minted Type: Null had fallen helmet-first towards the ground, spikes digging in and suspending his hind legs up in the air. He couldn't see himself, but he could feel that something was very, very wrong with him.

Then, he heard someone asking if he was okay? "Do I look okay? Because I may not know what's going on, but none of what I can imagine involves the word 'okay' in any capacity. I certainly don't feel okay."

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You were both sucked into an Ultra Wormhole — a portal between worlds, of sorts — and brought to this village," Nero explained, despite flinching at his otherworld counterpart's tone. Perhaps all Beast Killers were as aggressive as he was with the helmet on? Of course, the poor guy couldn't see what was going on. So, maybe he needed to help. Nero leaned over and pushed with a foreleg in an attempt to help the masked silvally right itself.

"A bunch of folks, myself included, had the same thing happen. So, we're just settling down for the moment." He offered a reassuring smile. "I'm Silvally. Or you can call me Nero. Either works."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"A new world?" The Houndoom thought this over for a moment. "W-wow..." was all he could muster at first. Then another thought struck him, one that makes the colour drain from his face. "Are we... stuck here, then?" He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "I... I'd love to explore a place like this, but I can't stay here." He looked on the verge of panicking.

Top Bottom