• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Oh, you think this is your nightmare? Ha. I wish."
She stopped in her step, turning on her heel to face the Mimikyu. Her eyes had narrowed again. All of her self-coaxing had been wasted, just at the anger that resonated in Lillie's voice.

"I understand you might be upset, but maybe watch your mouth," she said evenly. "Gatekeeping like that is gonna piss off a lot of people."

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance continued to walk, not even looking up. His only way of knowing where to go where his aura sensors, that twitched around.

Idiot, he thought.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"I understand you might be upset, but maybe watch your mouth," she said evenly. "Gatekeeping like that is gonna piss off a lot of people."
"I-" Lillie sighed. "Fine. Sorry." The apology was curt. Even though she knew Odette was right, her heart wasn't in the apology. She didn't have it in her to feel bad for anyone else at the moment.
"It truly is possible to have an existential crisis, then reprimand someone for self loathing with a straight face," Lee laughed. "I might actually find more amusement here than I thought."
"No. Oh, no. Don't say another word! You're going to make light of this? Are you getting some kind of sick pleasure out of those of us who are stuck like... like this? What an awful thing to do. What sort of sick-minded thing are you?"

Last edited:

RisingDawn

Snommunism!
Pronouns
He/Him
Hades sighed. They hadn't even reached the city yet and they all were divided. That didn't bode well for later. He could only wait to see whether this silly fight would end or not, and whether everyone would finally start acting their age.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A well of negativity with a fashion sense said:
"No. Oh, no. Don't say another word! You're going to make light of this? Are you getting some kind of sick pleasure out of those of us who are stuck like... like this? What an awful thing to do."

Lee let out another laugh, and a jagged grin stretching along his snout. "Watching people like you scramble over themselves thanks to people like Kora is one the few things that can put a smile on my face. And why wouldn't it? Because it's insensitive? Ha!" God, it felt good to revel in someone's anger again. How long had it been since he laughed at someone? When was the last time he was called terrible even? It was intoxicating...

A fair question said:
"What sort of sick-minded thing are you?"

The grin on Lee's snout stretched even further, more than it should on a normal being. It certainly would have looked like he was enjoying this, perhaps far too much. "I am Lee, pleasure to meet you," he snickered and bowed. "And I hope for a far more enjoyable rest of my time here with you. All of you."

Last edited:

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
God, it felt good to revel in someone's agony again. How long had it been since he laughed at someone? When was the last time he was called terrible even?
Lance growled and shook his head. If he acted like he did before, he would've attacked that Lycanroc. But... Not today, not right now. There were others things on his mind.

"Maybe... I really changed, didn't I?" He whispered.

Meggie floated next to him and nodded. Lance forced a smile and continued to walk.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"It truly is possible to have an existential crisis, then reprimand someone for self loathing with a straight face," Lee laughed.
Odette scoffed. “Well sure, if you’re gonna snap at me for my existential crisis, I’m gonna snap at you for your self loathing. That’s how that works,” she said flatly.

"I-" Lillie sighed. "Fine. Sorry." The apology was curt. Even though she knew Odette was right, her heart wasn't in the apology. She didn't have it in her to feel bad for anyone else at the moment
A curt apology was still an apology. She supposed it would do. She sucked in a deep breath of Nero’s calming aroma, and stomped ahead. Clearly this portion of the group wasn’t helping her in her quest to stay leveled.

“At this point, I need a bottle. Not a glass.”

RisingDawn

Snommunism!
Pronouns
He/Him
Lee let out another laugh, and a jagged grin stretching along his snout. "Watching people like you scramble over themselves thanks to people like Kora is one the few things that can put a smile on my face. And why wouldn't it? Because it's insensitive? Ha!" God, it felt good to revel in someone's anger again. How long had it been since he laughed at someone? When was the last time he was called terrible even? It was intoxicating...
Hades growled. At this point, the Lycanroc was getting too annoying for him. He was this close to snapping and flying at the Lycanroc in rage. The only thing which stopped him was that he was certain something would happen later, and for that, they would need all the help they could get.

RisingDawn

Snommunism!
Pronouns
He/Him
He looked eyes with Hades, holding his arms out. "Is there a problem?"
Hades snapped at where he guessed the Lycanroc's arms were. "As long as you don't come too close, there isn't a problem," Hades growled.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A cackle left Lee's maw as he walked over to Hades. Arms still out wide. His shadow decided to do it's own thing and detach from him, giving off a faint, irritated grumble.

Lee stopped just in front of Hades, leaning down to be eye level with him. "Like this, right?" Lee tilted his head to the side, grinning and snickering.

RisingDawn

Snommunism!
Pronouns
He/Him
In one swift motion, Hades' jaw snapped on the Lycanroc's arm, and he tugged with full force. Hades fell back, his mouth carrying the Lycanroc's arm, which he promptly dropped. He wasn't done yet. He smashed with full force into his foe, tackling him to the ground.

"Next time", he snarled, breathing heavily through his blood splattered mouth, "It'll be your head."

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The pitch black "blood" dripping from Hades' mouth evaporated in seconds, and Lee went on a laughing fit as he was tackled to the ground. He lifted himself up from his chest, slouching forward. He waved a digit at his detached arm, and it crawled right back to him. "Listen, whatever your name is, going for my head wouldn't have done anything different." Lee picked up his arm and reattached it to his body. It didn't even make a sound as it got back into place.

To prove his point, Lee plucked his head right off and tossed it over to Hades. "See? Oh wait..." he snickered.

RisingDawn

Snommunism!
Pronouns
He/Him
"See? Oh wait..." he snickered.
Hades was beyond angry now. This Lycanroc thought he was something special just because he had a few special abilities. He had half a mind to show him the power of a dragon.

Sadly, it wouldn't do anything to him, so he decided to ignore him.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Hades was beyond angry now.

"What, you go ahead and tear my arm off, and I roll my head to you on a silver platter and you do nothing?" Lee laughed. "I shouldn't have expected more from runts, I assume. What an utter disappointment."

Kora's head rose from the shadow he dwelled in, snarling at Lee. "That is enough."

Lee glanced back at the fox, then sighed. He rolled back to his body and reattached himself. "Perhaps another time," he said to Hades. With his metaphorical leash pulled back so hard, Lee silently realized what had just transpired. It was clear his standing among them would have sank drastically, but... most of him didn't care. Most. He returned to his shadow and pulled Kora out of it, then silently faded into the back of the group.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance rolled his eyes at the entire scene and ignored it, strolling again. He didn't have time for this.

Day 1: Arrival

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Welcome to Overcast Village!" Ayueg said, as he lead the group into a stone clearing covered in fog.

Right to the left of the group was a bulletin board. On it were posters, depicting many Pokemon, each with the word "missing" under them and their last known location.

Near it was a brown box covered in golden yellow mechanisms. Some might recognize this as a Deposit Box.

On the other side of the group was a tent in the shape of a Kecleon's head. Beneath it were several boxes full of items, as well as a Torterra, a Meganium with short antennae, and a Chikorita with a red leaf, staring in amazement at the human-like Sneasel, the not one, but two Mews, and Arceus.

A quiet "Wow..." could be heard from the Chikorita.

Branching off of the circle everyone stood on were stone roads lined with small and large buildings, leading in various directions.

In the middle of the plaza, in front of everyone, five figures stood. A Bayleef, a Wartortle, another Meganium, this one with long antennae, a Sceptile, and an Empoleon, all of which wearing various expressions of shock.

"You were NOT kidding," the Bayleef said, staring at the Sneasel.

"Of course not. Who do you take me for, Lidequir?" Ayueg said, causing the Wartortle to briefly chuckle. The Meganium with long antennae quickly shot a glare towards the Wartortle, causing her to quickly stop.

"Anyways, what exactly happened?" the Wartortle asked.

"Well, Lidequir, I found most of this group on top of Overcast Hill. Most of them were claiming to be humans or from other worlds. I didn't believe them until an Arceus from another world appeared with them, then after that was when I contacted you again," Ayueg said. "The Delphox and the Sneasel...pokemorph still don't understand that but I don't really understand anything about what's happening right now anyways fell from the sky as we were walking down the hill."

"I see...well, let's go try and figure out places for them to stay for now," the Wartortle, Lidequir said. "Acacia, me and you, let's ask the mayor to figure that out," the Wartortle continued, looking at the long-antennaed Meganium. "Ayueg and Leviene, you stay with this group for now until everything is settled. Apoyime and Pahelia, you two go up to the top of Overlook Hill to see if anyone else appeared."

"Let's go, Apoyime!" the Empoleon, Pahelia, said, beginning to run in the direction the group came from. The Sceptile, Apoyime, nodded, and ran off after Pahelia without a word.

Ayueg blinked. He hadn't thought about if anyone had appeared on the hill as he was leading everyone to the village.

He smiled. Despite how annoying his "jokes" were sometimes, there was a reason Lidequir was the leader of their group.

He then realized that two members of their group were conspicuously absent.

"Where's Team Gardeners?" Ayueg asked.

"Oh, they're having a bit of a delay. They should be here before too long," the long-antennaed Meganium, Acacia, said.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse watched as Lee increasingly made an ass of himself, and his lip curled back in disdain.

The sneasel-human looked sidelong at him, still nursing her temple. "You know that pokémon," she said. "His actions upset you."

Jesse scoffed lightly. "I knew a little of him, in a very different place to this. I didn't know this side of him. Once folks're given the opportunity to be wretched, they always take it."

His telepathy, now-restored, let him take in the authentic contempt for good conduct in Lee's heart. Disappointing.

"Will you do something about it?" asked Dusk.

Jesse scratched his cheek. "Whaddaya mean? I'm fixin' to find a way home, and then I'll never see the fella again."

Dusk shrugged. "We could be here a while. You could beat some sense into him any time."

Jesse considered this, as the party entered the clearing of Overcast Village. He could probably browbeat Lee into behaving, for all it might be worth. Hell, maybe he should. Chances were it'd be in vain, but... when had that ever stopped him taking something on before?

"I'll give it mind," he growled.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance sighed, taking his time to look at the village. So many water and grass types... well, that wasn't important. He need some place to rest, walking so much exhausted him. And more importantly, he wanted to take some time to talk things out with Kora. When he was ready to talk, anyway.

"Man, if Uncle was here... he could help me with this. Speeches were his thing."

Meggie snickered to herself. "I can try to help!"

"...Please don't."

Top Bottom