• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overcast Forest

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Meggie nodded. "Thank you, Kora. I appreciate it. He's had enough stress for a whole life..."

Oh, another interesting thing! "Arcade? Sure! I could go! Honestly I've been mostly moping around the house, so that should be fun! I'd be interested!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Awesome!" Keggie giggled. "Hehehe, I'm gettin' so excited! It'll be just like at that old campground! And even if we didn't play truth or dare, I'm sure this arcade place has a buncha games for me to suck at, hehe!"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Meggie laughed, balls of ice appearing on both her hands. Her face twisted into an evil grin.

"Oh, I'm going to destroy you and everyone else. I'm a master at games."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Keggie met her double's evil grin with her own jagged on. She leaned in a bit, snickering. "Don't act like I'm gonna just let you beat me. You might be a master but I'm you, remember?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Well, a copy is just that, a copy!" Meggie snickered. "With that being said... I can't wait! Oh, how I wished for a vacation after our latest mission!"

She smiled, clasping her hands together. "And not just truth or dare, either! I've been playing this kinda... board game where I create my character and go on a adventure with a party! Surprisingly enough, Brian is very good at this."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Yeah, a copy of a master~" Keggie snickered.

She smiled, clasping her hands together. "And not just truth or dare, either! I've been playing this kinda... board game where I create my character and go on a adventure with a party! Surprisingly enough, Brian is very good at this."

"Pssh, imagine making up a character to do an adventure as instead of adventuring yourself," Keggie giggled. "But it does sounds kinda fun. I'd probably just make myself though, or maybe one of my friends! Aw man, now I'm gettin' even more excited, hehe!"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Oh, how lovely that whole conversation was being. Kora was really fun to talk with.

"That's the spirit!" Meggie cheered. "By the way, pun not intended. My puns are always... ice cold!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Pfft!" Keggie snorted at the double pun, she wouldn't even have caught the first one if Meggie hadn't pointed it out. "Wow, alright. I'm gonna have to up my pun game frost and foremost, hehe!"

Someone, somewhere, probably cringed so hard they smashed their forehead against their knees.

<><><><><>

Day 2: Nero does a thing

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
With Shane deciding to botherspend time with the other Beast Killer, Nero opted to go into the forest and vibe with the trees for a bit. Grass and flying-type punctuated his glowing parts with alternating stripes of green and navy blue. His talons crunched against soil as he walked a zigzagging path. His hind paw pads brushed against tree roots and he rubbed his flanks against bits of bark. Nero didn't really think he had a scent, but there were enough instincts that it felt like the appropriate thing to do.

"Reminds me of Dewdrop Woods. But the trees aren't as big or thick," he said to no one in particular.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
A branch could be heard snapping in the distance.

In the direction of the snapping, a flash of yellow and blue could be briefly seen, before disappearing from view.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Nero's sonar-like ears twitched. Seems I'm not alone. He sniffed at the air with his beak. Pink spots momentarily peppered his irises. The scent of... water. Cold water. Ice-type. But also fizzing like a carbonated beverage. Electric?

Rotom could imbue itself with ice in the right circumstances. And they were fast little gremlins. "Rotom?" Nero stepped closer to a tree to make sure nothing could sneak up on him. "If someone's out there, I'm not looking to cause any trouble. Just passing through."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The sound of rustling leaves could be heard, followed by a slap, then a strange, warble-like yelp. Quiet, yet furious whispering followed, though it was hard to tell what was being said.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
This time, Nero's ears could pin down the location. Several meters to his right. Gone were grass and flying-type. In their places, the earthly brown of ground type. Nero felt every subtle shift in the soil. Sensed a decent weight from the direction of the sound. So, this thing was big in addition to fast. But it also sounded a bit startled. Hopefuly it wasn't hostile.

"Hello?" Nero called out. "You don't have to hide from me. I don't mean anyone any harm. Please come out."

"Maybe try offering one of those berries you're carrying?"

Of course a swalot spirit would suggest food. Nero sighed. "I have berries."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
More rustling could be heard, followed by another whisper, more clear this time.

"Forget the berries, just MOVE!"

Another snapping noise, and once more, a flash of yellow and blue could be seen, though it could be slightly made out more this time.

It seemed bottom-heavy, and oddly, the top and bottom half didn't seem to match.

Before a second had passed, though it disappeared again.

In the direction it had come from was a half-trampled cheri berry bush.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Nero stared ahead blankly. Was that... an Ultra Beast?

No, that didn't seem quite right. It was less alien and more... different parts stuck together. Kind of like him, but not as extreme of a case. "Hey!" Nero charged in the direction it ran. He could track its aura more clearly now. It was fast, sure. But he had two more legs. Nero was sure he was faster. He made big, bounding leaps across the ground, kicking up leaves and bits of dirt.

"Stop running. I just want to talk, one mismatched guy to another!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
It kept running, though the upper half's movements seemed disjointed from the lower half's.

Eventually, it was in view enough for it to be seen clearly.

It looked horrific.

The top half was constantly shivering, and looked almost like a parasitic growth coming out of the bottom half. The hands were tiny, and almost looked tacked on as an afterthought. The flippers of the bottom half were covered in scrapes and cuts, not suited for traveling on land.

"Run faster!" it said, though oddly was looking down at itself as it said that. The head then craned around to see what was chasing them, and its eyes widened.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Nero wasn't mistaken. It was another mismatched creature. This world must have had its own variants, because Nero wasn't familiar with this at all. And whatever it was, it wasn't fond of its body and was clearly struggling.

When Nero hit the ground after a long stride, his cheek-bolts lit up pink. Psychic energy shot forward to telekinetically grab the creature and stop it from fleeing further. "Cut it out," the silvally called. "You're clearly hurting yourself running off like this."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
It lurched as it was grabbed, the top half and bottom half flailing in wildly different ways.

The tail reached up and smacked the head.

The head turned around, an exasperated look on its face. "What ARE you?!"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Silvally. And I could ask you the same question," Nero replied. "It seems we're cut from a similar cloth, don't you think?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"An abomination from Galar," the creature said, glaring at its own tail. "Just let me go, and we can pretend like we never saw each other."

Top Bottom