• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Morpeko's House (Lee, Hades, Dusk [Houndoom])

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"...It does make a certain amount of sense" said Dusk thoughtfully. "If I knew humans... if I saw them every day, I guess I wouldn't be very excited about them either."

"I myself have lived longer than one would expect, I've lost track but... certainly more than a few hundred years,"

"A few hundred-" Dusk spluttered. "I... I've only heard of a few myths of Pokemon living that long! And nothing actually backed up by evidence! Lycanroc isn't even one of the species that has such legends about them!" As well as being shocked, he looked just a little bit envious. "I imagine you've seen a lot of history then?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"You are surprised by my few hundred years of age? The legends of my world have been around for millennia, on average," Lee said, shrugging. He had gotten a message he finally liked, too. It felt almost identical to the rants and raves this Morpeko had before. And Lee also found the perfect victim as well...

nOR8HG2fn9wv9 > ToTheTreeOfLife said:
"Just dropped by to say I STILL despise the fact that you refuse to acknowledge that nomel berry cream pie is the SUPERIOR dessert you kung-fu BITCH"

There was still a bit of that "Lee Flare" in it, but it should be enough to at least unnerve Ayueg. "There's even a pair of poor bastards that were trapped in a dungeon with its time altered to a rate faster than the world outside of it. They've never told Kora, and I also never cared about, their age... but I recall believing it to be well above a million." He let out a light laugh, then sighed.

"Funny how much misfortune can come from messing with something as trivial as time."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"You are surprised by my few hundred years of age? The legends of my world have been around for millennia, on average,"
"Legends, yes. I could understand them being so old... but in my world, Lycanroc aren't legendary Pokemon. Is that different on yours?" Dusk shook his head in amazement. "I'm barely thirty... I can't even imagine living for hundreds of years."

"There's even a pair of poor bastards that were trapped in a dungeon with its time altered to a rate faster than the world outside of it. They've never told Kora, and I also never cared about, their age... but I recall believing it to be well above a million."
"Over a million..." Dusk breathed, barely audible. "For a non-legendary, how is that even possible? Surely they would have decayed long ago?"

"Funny how much misfortune can come from messing with something as trivial as time."
"Time... I wonder, does your world have Time Gears? No one from my world would dare mess with them... but perhaps that's why you can reach ages that we can't."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Legends, yes. I could understand them being so old... but in my world, Lycanroc aren't legendary Pokemon. Is that different on yours?" Dusk shook his head in amazement. "I'm barely thirty... I can't even imagine living for hundreds of years."

Lee shrugged, both at Dusk's amazement, and at the lackluster response from Ayueg. Although, really, he should have expected both. "No, I am not a legendary Pokemon. Or... I wasn't? I forget what the definition might be, or whether or not that would include me. I was born a Rockruff, evolved... there was some in between, and now I'm this." He shifted in his seat slightly, thinking up another response to throw at Ayueg. He'd break that chicken yet... "And I do not care to dwell on the past."

"Over a million..." Dusk breathed, barely audible. "For a non-legendary, how is that even possible? Surely they would have decayed long ago?"

"Oh, do not misunderstand, those two were legendaries. But even then, that doesn't explain the ferals that live inside that dungeon surviving as long as they do," Lee said. "I only say were because they were replaced and lost their standing upon the pantheon. A tragedy."

"Time... I wonder, does your world have Time Gears? No one from my world would dare mess with them... but perhaps that's why you can reach ages that we can't."

Lee shook his head. "We do, yes. I have one in my possession. Or had... I keep misplacing it whenever I leave my world. But that has nothing to do with my age, I only went out looking for them some... twenty or so years ago."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"No, I am not a legendary Pokemon. Or... I wasn't? I forget what the definition might be, or whether or not that would include me. I was born a Rockruff, evolved... there was some in between, and now I'm this."
"Well, alright then..." Dusk decided to try a different line of questioning. "If you're not a legendary, how did you prevent yourself from eventually dying of old age? Surely any normal Pokemon's age would catch up with then eventually?" Another thought occurred to him. "Or... is your age just normal in your world?"

"We do, yes. I have one in my possession. Or had... I keep misplacing it whenever I leave my world. But that has nothing to do with my age, I only went out looking for them some... twenty or so years ago."
"You own a Time Gear?" Dusk wasn't sure how this kept happening. Surely, he'd be used to culture shock by now, but no, this Lycanroc was just pulling surprise after surprise out of nowhere. "I... I have to assume that's normal in your world too. In mine, no one would dare- I mean, even the most hardened criminals wouldn't take one."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Perhaps Lee was overestimating the amount of rage needed to upset Ayueg? Unfortunately, Lee knew too little about Ayueg to hit any nerves directly. Time to take a shot in the dark.

"You're second rate hero with a third rate palette, I cannot believe how low the standards of those world saving shmucks are."

'Might be good enough...' Lee chuckled.
"Well, alright then..." Dusk decided to try a different line of questioning. "If you're not a legendary, how did you prevent yourself from eventually dying of old age? Surely any normal Pokemon's age would catch up with then eventually?" Another thought occurred to him. "Or... is your age just normal in your world?"

"You own a Time Gear?" Dusk wasn't sure how this kept happening. Surely, he'd be used to culture shock by now, but no, this Lycanroc was just pulling surprise after surprise out of nowhere. "I... I have to assume that's normal in your world too. In mine, no one would dare- I mean, even the most hardened criminals wouldn't take one."

Lee leaned his head back to face Dusk, almost close enough to boop their noses together. "Oh no, time gears are sacred-ish in my world as well. Any ordinary mortal foolish enough to pursue or even try to wield them are either sentenced to death, or destroyed from the sheer power of the gear itself. I have one because I stole it, and the reason I'm neither dead nor dying from it is the same reason I'm unaffected by age."

He had to make a long story short, but it's not like he hadn't done so before. "I am... not a normal Lycanroc. By your standards, and what I assume would be my world's standards as well. Just know that I am immortal, and I am a criminal. Thus said the gods of my world." Returned his face to the device, gripping it lightly before setting it down and sighing. He started to look tired, and somewhat downtrodden. "I trust you will keep this between us, but I also do not care who you tell... I simply... do not care..."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"A criminal..." Dusk stared at Lee. "I... I feel like I should be trying to arrest you, then." Part of my job, after all... But, despite that, he could think of numerous reasons why doing so would be a bad idea. He didn't have his team as backup and didn't particularly want to get into a fight at a type disadvantage without them. Or a fight at all, if I can avoid it. Even if he did arrest Lee, there wasn't exactly anywhere he could take him. And who knows, maybe the laws Lee broke in his world were different from the laws in Dusk's own? Except the Time Gear thing...

But most importantly... "I... should be, but I don't think I can. You've been courteous and helpful to me from the start, Lee. You might be a criminal, but I don't think that you're a bad Pokemon."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"A criminal..." Dusk stared at Lee. "I... I feel like I should be trying to arrest you, then."

"I... should be, but I don't think I can. You've been courteous and helpful to me from the start, Lee. You might be a criminal, but I don't think that you're a bad Pokemon."

Lee hummed, turning his head to the side. "You would be one of the few in that regard. I commend you for acknowledging your role as a member of a guild, but your judgement of whether I am bad or not could use some work. I am... I am not a good Pokemon." He looked away again, crossing his legs in his temporary bed. Why he was so vulnerable in worlds other than his own, Lee could never tell. And he hated it.

"It is smart you don't want to arrest me, but even if you were to try, it would only serve to waste your time."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"You would be one of the few in that regard. I commend you for acknowledging your role as a member of a guild, but your judgement of whether I am bad or not could use some work. I am... I am not a good Pokemon."
"I haven't seen anything yet that would paint you in a bad light, Lee. Would a criminal help someone who's lost, stranded in a new world, like you did for me?" He paused for a moment, then let out a brief laugh. "I suppose if you are a criminal as you say, the answer to that would be 'yes'. So, let me rephrase that to, I don't believe a bad Pokemon would do something like that."

"No. Right here, right now, I have no inclination nor reason to try and arrest you. And... if you don't want the others to know, you have my word. We're in a new place, new people, potentially stranded, and I don't want to make an enemy of the Pokemon who's been most courteous to me this whole time."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee kept quiet for a moment, then took a deep breath. "...Thank you."

'I have gotten disgustingly soft...' he growled to himself. He found a friend in Jesse for being relatable, cared for Gen thanks to parental nonsense... and now another friend simply for thinking better of him.

"But don't keep that positive look about me. It will change, eventually."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
ToTheTreeOfLife > nOR8HG2fn9wv9 said:
why is this the first thing you say after having disappeared for months

unless youre just someone pretending to be him with his connection device

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee almost had a knee jerk reaction and left the DMs right then. But no, he wasn't going to stop now.

...Maybe he could wait a bit before sending another message? His lack of knowledge about Ayueg was starting to take its toll. With a deep breath, Lee typed up another message.

It isn't my fault that one of the heroes that saved the world has infuriatingly bad tastes! I bet it's because of that Bayleef, too! That leaf on her head is probably cutting off most of her brain functions.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Lee kept quiet for a moment, then took a deep breath. "...Thank you."
"Not a problem" Dusk gave the Lycanroc a wide smile. He never really thought he was the kind of Pokemon for making speeches like that, and briefly wondered how his friends and family would think of him if they could hear him now.

"But don't keep that positive look about me. It will change, eventually."
"Perhaps so. But right now, it is positive, friend."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Perhaps so. But right now, it is positive, friend."

Lee bit his lip, finally putting the device down and clenching his fists tightly, holding them in his lap. Positivity didn't sting as much as it used to, but it was still annoying, especially in the quantities he received it off his own world. "...Is it not presumptuous of you to call me a friend so soon?" he asked, turning his head away from Dusk. Faint, black wisps rose off his body.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"...Is it not presumptuous of you to call me a friend so soon?"
"Perhaps so..." Dusk shrugged. "But, well... you have to start some time, ri-"

Faint, black wisps rose off his body.
His eyes widened. "Wh-what's happening to you? Are you alright?" As a fire-type, he was no stranger to wisps of smoke curling off the bodies of his fellow packmates, but he was reasonably certain a Lycanroc wasn't a fire-type.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
His eyes widened. "Wh-what's happening to you? Are you alright?" As a fire-type, he was no stranger to wisps of smoke curling off the bodies of his fellow packmates, but he was reasonably certain a Lycanroc wasn't a fire-type.

Lee looked at his paws, noticing the wisps. "...Right." He took a deep breath and shut his eyes, and eventually, the wisps faded. "As concerning as that may seem... it is normal for me. Like I said... I am not an ordinary Pokemon. It is nothing of your concern."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"...Right." He took a deep breath and shut his eyes, and eventually, the wisps faded. "As concerning as that may seem... it is normal for me. Like I said... I am not an ordinary Pokemon. It is nothing of your concern."
"Well... alright, then." Dusk shrugged. "If you're sure you're not in danger... What is it, if you don't mind me asking?" He was rather curious. "If it's something you'd rather not talk about, that's fine."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Very well." Dusk was a little disappointed, but did his best not to let it show. For a moment, he wasn't sure how to respond further, and decided to change the subject. "I noticed you typing into that device while we were speaking... you've got it working, I suppose?"

Top Bottom