• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Misdreavus' House (Lillie, Meggie, Odette)

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The interior of Misdreavus' house was odd.

In the center of it was a cauldron filled with some unknown cloudy liquid. Below the cauldron was a firepit that had long since burnt out.

Several books were scattered around, with titles including Wandcrafting, A Guide to Seeds and Berries, and Various Crafts to make with Cloth.

In the corner of the room was a large wooden box with seemingly no way to open it. If one were to phase inside the box, though, they would find various berries, items, and orbs. Next to it was a smaller, open box filled with fresh apples, berries, and bananas.

A small distance away from it were piles of various wands, neatly sorted by type. There were piles of Switcher, Guiding, Petrify, Warp, and Tunnel wands, as well as various others that were fewer in number.

On the opposite side of the room from that was a small rack with various items arranged on it. A purple-dyed mobile scarf, an orb that changed color every few seconds, a strange red crystalline object, and an origami Misdreavus were among the things on the rack.

There were three straw beds around the house, one of which looked old and worn, the other two seeming very recent, like they had been put there only hours ago.

Last edited:
Day 1: First Contact

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Lillie slunk into the house, hoping it would be empty. Perhaps she'd be able to get into her bed and rest.

That turned out not to be the case. She wasn't the first one to decide to turn in.

Furthermore, amoung all the various things, she didn't see any beds! Just some witchy stuff, and... a few piles of straw? Was she really supposed to sleep in that? Suddenly, she wasn't quite in the mood for a nap. She wasn't going to just leave, either, so she supposed she'd end up hanging out with her roommates for a while.

"Hello..."

It also occurred to Lillie that this was their first time seeing her since she got the Misdreavus outfit, and also that it happened to match their house. She hoped they didn't think that was too weird.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Several books were scattered around, with titles including Wandcrafting, A Guide to Seeds and Berries, and Various Crafts to make with Cloth.

In the corner of the room was a large wooden box with seemingly no way to open it. If one were to phase inside the box, though, they would find various berries, items, and orbs. Next to it was a smaller, open box filled with fresh apples, berries, and bananas.
"That Misdreavus must really like this kind of thing..." Meggie shrugged, floating around the house. If she was going to live there, might as well see what that house had to offer. Not that she would like the things in it anyway, but she was at least trying to.

A small distance away from it were piles of various wands, neatly sorted by type. There were piles of Switcher, Guiding, Petrify, Warp, and Tunnel wands, as well as various others that were fewer in number.

She turned her head around, floating towards the wands. She scratched her chin, looking at them. If they were toys, she could pretend to be a witch! But on second thought, that might be a bit dangerous. She barely arrived, and that wasn't a good time to draw attention to herself. Well, she wasn't alone in the house...

"Hello..."

It also occurred to Lillie that this was their first time seeing her since she got the Misdreavus outfit, and also that it happened to match their house. She hoped they didn't think that was too weird.
Meggie turned her body around, waving to Lillie. "Hello!"

Seeing a Misdreavus alerted her, weren't they missing? On a closer inspection, though, she noticed that it was just a costume. So that must be the Mimikyu...

She clasped her hands together. "Sorry! Almost didn't recognize you! How... are you doing? Are you feeling any better now?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette stepped inside the house. She wasn’t sure what exactly she was expecting, but it surely wasn’t...this. It felt like she’d stepped onto the set of Halloweentown, or something similar. The cauldron, the wands, the overall witchy feel. She supposed it made sense for a Misdreavus, even if it didn’t make sense as a whole. She had to keep somehow reminding herself that everything that was happening was very real. Her new body was real, the other Pokemon were real, and this house was real.

“Quaint,” she commented. “Bedrooms, anywhere?”

That was when her eyes landed on the straw beds. She frowned deeply at the sight of them. Even her own Pokemon team back home didn’t sleep on straw beds, so why would a whole population of talking Pokemon do it?

“Who am I rock, paper, scissoring for the newer bed?”

It was there she noticed her roommates, and all she could think was...irony. She was happy to have ended up with Meggie, being that her form as a Froslass was a grounding sight. But, seeing Lillie...

Awkward, to say the least.

“...nice costume,” she said, trying to hide her tension behind a stony facial expression. “The Misdreavus look works for you. Even though they’re missing...”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Sorry! Almost didn't recognize you! How... are you doing? Are you feeling any better now?"
She briefly considered lying, but there was really "Not exactly."
“Quaint,”
Lillie laughed. "Yeah. It sure has it's own unique feel to it. Special as a Spinda, this whole place is."

Augh, there was also the matter of settling the beds, wasn't there... She didn't think she even could play rock-paper-scissors in this form. "I don't even know if I want to sleep on straw at all. How dehu-" That might not be the right word. "How degrading can this get? I doubt sleeping with straw poking into my, uhh, membrane would be more comfortable that sleeping on the floor."
“...nice costume,” she said, trying to hide her tension behind a stony facial expression. “The Misdreavus look works for you. Even though they’re missing...”
Wether that was 'The Misdreavus look works for you' in the 'that looks pretty' sense or the 'Misdreavus are annoying' sense, she wasn't sure. Seeing how she bugged Odette earlier, it could very well be the latter. She couldn't look that good, right? Still, best not to take offence, in case it really was the former. "Thanks?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
It was there she noticed her roommates, and all she could think was...irony. She was happy to have ended up with Meggie, being that her form as a Froslass was a grounding sight.
She waved, smiling to her. A small act of kindness, but one she hoped would be enjoyable.

At least, the others seemed nice enough. And Meggie never had to share rooms with anyone before, so that experience would be... interesting.

"I don't even know if I want to sleep on straw at all. How dehu-" That might not be the right word. "How degrading can this get? I doubt sleeping with straw poking into my, uhh, membrane would be more comfortable that sleeping on the floor."
...She was right. Taking a look at the beds, Meggie pouted. Well, she couldn't really complain about their hospitality anyway. She was a guest there.

"Oh, the beds here are... Admittedly, really bizarre. Well, it is another world. I'm fine with any of the... beds."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Augh, there was also the matter of settling the beds, wasn't there... She didn't think she even could play rock-paper-scissors in this form. "I don't even know if I want to sleep on straw at all. How dehu-" That might not be the right word. "How degrading can this get? I doubt sleeping with straw poking into my, uhh, membrane would be more comfortable that sleeping on the floor."
"Don't worry, you can say what you were going to say," Odette assured. Dehumanizing was the word. As a human herself, she wouldn't be caught dead sleeping on straw.

But, she wasn't technically a human now, was she? So she guessed it didn't matter. However, she didn't like the idea of sleeping on something so scratchy. She wanted the firm twin mattress back at her apartment, not...whatever this was.

"I wonder if any shops around here sell actual beds..."

Wether that was 'The Misdreavus look works for you' in the 'that looks pretty' sense or the 'Misdreavus are annoying' sense, she wasn't sure. Seeing how she bugged Odette earlier, it could very well be the latter. She couldn't look that good, right? Still, best not to take offence, in case it really was the former. "Thanks?"
She raised an eyebrow toward Lillie's questioning statement. "No need to be so hesitant, I was definitely trying to be polite there."

...She was right. Taking a look at the beds, Meggie pouted. Well, she couldn't really complain about their hospitality anyway. She was a guest there.

"Oh, the beds here are... Admittedly, really bizarre. Well, it is another world. I'm fine with any of the... beds."
Meggie truly did have a point. This was another world. Perhaps sleeping on straw was the norm here. Maybe they didn't have normal beds here, because these were normal beds.

"I mean, at the very least, are there blankets anywhere? Pillows? Something to dress it up?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
There were a few blankets and pillows on the rack, in bizarre colors, some of which the group had never seen before. They look as if they were handcrafted.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Don't worry, you can say what you were going to say," Odette assured. Dehumanizing was the word. As a human herself, she wouldn't be caught dead sleeping on straw.
"Well... I guess. I was just thinking that, if I'm not even a human anymore..." It occurred to her that anything she said about her own loss of humanity also went for them, so she shouldn't say anything too deprecating. "Nevermind."

Oh, Odette had also noticed she was doubting her compliment. "Sorry. I'm just not used to... Or, I was worried about... Well, thanks."
There were a few blankets and pillows on the rack, in bizarre colors, some of which the group had never seen before. They look as if they were handcrafted.
An plan crossed Lillie's mind. She pulled a pillow off the rack and dragged it off to the side. She climbed up onto it and found it fit her tiny new form in it's entirety, albeit with the head of her disguise sticking off the end. "Well, none of us will have to take the used bed, I suppose."

The pillow was comfortable enough, at least. Some consolation for ending up as a Mimikyu.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I mean, at the very least, are there blankets anywhere? Pillows? Something to dress it up?"
"It could be worse if there weren't any..."

"Well... I guess. I was just thinking that, if I'm not even a human anymore..." It occurred to her that anything she said about her own loss of humanity also went for them, so she shouldn't say anything too deprecating. "Nevermind."
Meggie sighed. "It's fine. I was a human too. I've been like this for about... three years, I think? I got used to it by now, but it really depends on the person."

"I should probably mention that I didn't really sleep on a straw bed where I'm from, but... things work differently here, I suppose."

She floated next to one of the pillows, and picked it up. Luckily, she wouldn't freeze it. She was better at controlling her temperature now, at least when she wasn't stressed or something like that.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
As the pillow was pulled off the rack, the red cystalline object that was atop it fell to the ground. It rolled over towards the group.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
As Lillie touched the red frism, it was warmed slightly. Suddenly, a beam of light was shot out of it into the sky.

In another world, a beam of light would shoot down from the sky towards Lusamine.

The frism began to produce sounds, sounds that would sound very familiar to Lillie...

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[CW: Abuse]

A sound like broken glass on a chalkboard emerged from the first. Lillie staggered back. Had she done something else wrong again? Had she broken it? "W-What's it doing?"

Lusamine glowered at the beam. Here, she was supposed to be free from her mistakes, and yet here this beam was, invading this place, reminding her of her failures.

"Silence! How can you follow me even here? I'm done with you! I don't need you any longer! I gave you all the love I have, I tried to prepare you for the world... What did you do? You stabbed my in the heart. Betrayed me. You're supposed to be gone now! So how are you still bothering me?! I am sick of you. Sick through and through!"

Lillie whimpered and shuffled away from the orb. "I'm... sorry..."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
She picked up the orb and prepared to place it back up on the shelf.
Odette watched with a raised brow as the orb rolled toward them. “Well, surprised that didn’t break. There’s fragile looking stuff all over the place here.”

As Lillie touched the red frism, it was warmed slightly. Suddenly, a beam of light was shot out of it into the sky.
She jumped back in alarm at the sudden beam of light. “What on Arceus’—“ she started to say, but the words couldn’t leave her fast enough. They got so caught up in her awestruck shock, that she simply fell silent.

A sound like broken glass on a chalkboard emerged from the first. Lillie staggered back. Had she done something else wrong again? Had she broken it? "W-What's it doing?"
“I...I don’t know, some more magical stuff?” Odette suggested incredulously.

Her brows furrowed as her shock from the initial beam wore off. Now, all her attention was placed back on Lillie, and her sudden forlorn demeanor. “Hey, are you okay?” she inquired. “Are you hurt?”

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Wha... what's that?" Meggie just stared at the frism, even backing away.

What... just happened? Suddenly the frism began emitting sound and Lillie was reacting so badly to all that...

"Oh no... W-Who's that? Lillie, are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Lillie's eyes shut tight. A dark, inky substance began to seep into the eyeholes of the disguise.

She tried to speak, but all she managed was a choking noise. This was not okay.
“Lillie...?!” Odette yelled. “What the actual hell was in that orb?!”

She darted her head around, looking for something, anything, that might help. She couldn’t see a sink, to perhaps get her some water, and the last thing anybody needed to be doing when they were possibly hyperventilating was eat a berry...what to do...

“Uh...” she sputtered. “Breathing exercises,” she finally said, snapping her fingers. That’s what her friend Noel always made her do when she got into a raging mood. Either that, or sing, but she wasn’t going to make Lillie sing here.

“Try them with me. In for five seconds through the nose, out for five seconds through the mouth. Go on.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"I don't even have a nose or a mouth anymore." Lillie giggled, then burst out laughing. "Breathing isn't even a thing I can do! Because I'm a Mimikyu!"

Eventually, her laughing calmed, the stopped with a few sniffled. "I'm fine. I'm fine now. I bet it wasn't even really Mother. The Misdreavus made it. They feed on negative emotions. My Father had one, she used to scare people to eat. I bet that's all this stupid thing does. Just says whatever it thinks will scare you. It's probably not even real."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I don't even have a nose or a mouth anymore." Lillie giggled, then burst out laughing. "Breathing isn't even a thing I can do! Because I'm a Mimikyu!"

Eventually, her laughing calmed, the stopped with a few sniffled. "I'm fine. I'm fine now. I bet it wasn't even really Mother. The Misdreavus made it. They feed on negative emotions. My Father had one, she used to scare people to eat. I bet that's all this stupid thing does. Just says whatever it thinks will scare you. It's probably not even real."
Odette blinked.

“That’s...”

She supposed it made sense. Mimikyu really didn’t have a nose or mouth, as far as she knew...hell, she didn’t even have a damn nose anymore. Her hand traveled to her face, landing on the mound where her former human nose used to be.

“I guess I should have thought of that.” She was still in that ‘I’m a human’ mindset.

But, she supposed that getting her to laugh was better than nothing. She’d call it a win.

She sent a wary look over to the orb, brows raised again. “Well thank Gods I didn’t touch it then.”

Top Bottom