• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fourth Anniversary Drabble Bingo

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Fourth Anniversary Drabble Bingo

It wouldn't be a writing community anniversary without a writing event! Our drabble bingo challenge has been a big hit in the past, and it's returning now for another year. The premise is simple: post in this thread saying that you'd like a bingo card and, optionally, what you'd like that card's theme to be, and then I'll generate a card with nine short prompts for you. You can ask for pretty much any theme for your prompts: perhaps you'd like some hurt/comfort prompts, or prompts about Zoroark. Here's an example of what a card of PMD-related prompts might look like:

Lost MemoriesLively TownTrust Your Partner
The Best TreasureCalamityStairs?!
Low IQNo Way OutVoice of Life

Once you've got your card, it's time to get to work filling it out! Write a drabble for any three prompts vertically, diagonally, or horizontally to score a bingo, and you qualify to claim a forum compaion. Just link to where you've posted your prompt fills to claim your prize! If you're feeling ambitious, you could instead complete four prompts for a four-corners win.

You can complete this challenge using the strict definition of "drabble" (exactly 100 words), but that's not required for this event: any fill of at least one hundred words counts as a drabble. Go as long as you like! Prefer visual art to writing? Three sketches based on your prompts will qualify you for a bingo as well!

If you absolutely hate the prompts you get after making your request, you may ask for one reroll. I'll provide you with a new card, but that'll be the one you're stuck with--no further rerolls will be given.

You have until the end of the anniversary (countdown here) to complete your fills and claim your bingo. Note that you get a forum companion if you complete either the reviewing event or drabble bingo--completing both won't net you two!

Right now I'm the only one making bingo cards, but I'd love some help! Just let me know if you'd like to generate some, too.

Last edited:

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
I have zero idea if I'll manage to get through any of this, but I'll request a card too. Some form of whump theme would be fun, but I'm not super picky.

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Getting on the ball early for this nice and early this year, though requesting a redux of my theme for last year's card:

"Like a Dragon" - A card about the "gray area" of what a "dragon" in Pokémon is. (e.x. Pokémon that can be defined as draconic by one measure, but also as non-draconic by another. Such as Dragon Egg Group Pokémon without Dragon-Typing, Dragon-Types that are not outwardly draconic, etc.)

With the caveat that the prompts rolled must not be any of the following, which were the ones I got for last year's "Like a Dragon" card:

Charizard​
Cute but Ferocious​
Flapple​
Dragons' Lineage​
Goomy​
A Dragon Someday​
Ekans​
Flightless​
Exeggutor​

Since hey, I did leave things open to working on that anthology more in the future. :V

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Feeling in the mood to do some pwch world building... So how about a card centered around myths and legends (both specific pokemon and just general themes are acceptable)

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Woo! I’ll be going at this bingo once more. Let’s see… Last time it involved legendary birds crossing over and a bit of transformation. I could do something different. Maybe I shouldn’t be too specific with my choices if I want more variety…
Either way, I think the mood can be right for a draft involving anthro Pokémon—I have quadrupedal Pokémon being bipedal in mind, as a specific example—, and maybe have things narrated from the perspective of Koraidon or Miraidon since I wanna have them react to present day Paldea. I could go for the latter since I have some nice ideas to make his robot speech have a sassy undertone.

seatherny

Altareon made by Bluwiikoon <3
Partners
  1. marowak-alola
  2. ho-oh
I'm in!

I'll take completely random prompts, no theme necessary. I'm feeling adventurous.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Oooh boy, I’ve never done those before, but I’m gonna go for it this year! I think I would like a card for Orre lore/worldbuilding or Hurt/comfort/whump. Or a combination of those things, idk how it works haha. Thanks! :quag:

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
hullooo thank you for doing this it seems so cool, i've never done drabble bingo before! could i get a card with perhaps a pokedex theme? take that however you will. <3

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
Took that of assorted dex entries of assorted mons of varying degrees of popularity.

"They live in mountainous regions of frigid cold. On rare occasions, they ride on the back of an Avalugg to cross seas and move to new habitats." - Bergmite, Scarlet"The latest research has determined that there are over 20 possible arrangements of the patterns on its stomach." - Arbok, Ultra sun"When Galar was hit by a harsh cold wave, this Pokémon served as a giant heating stove and saved many lives." - Gigantamax Coalossal, Shield
"The hardworking Quaxwell observes people and Pokémon from various regions and incorporates their movements into its own dance routines." - Quaxwell, Violet"As it grows inside its shell, it uses its psychic abilities to monitor the outside world and prepare for evolution." - Dottler, Shield"If it bonds with a person, it will gently envelop the friend with its soft wings, then hum." - Altaria, Platinum
"In imitation of Chansey, it keeps a round stone tucked into its belly pouch and cherishes it dearly. It gets along well with children and will sometimes play house with them for fun." - Happiny, Legends: Arceus"After two Binacle find a suitably sized rock, they adhere themselves to it and live together. They cooperate to gather food during high tide." - Binacle, Sword"It suddenly falls out of the sky in the morning. A year after a cold summer, their population explodes." - Sunkern, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
omfg this is the best bingo card ever thank you im so excited

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
Yes hello! I would love to participate!
Can I have a bingo card with history themes?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Ooooh.
Might I request a card about PMD Adventure Squad? Been doing a lot of worldbuilding for it lately.

Railgun

Johto trash.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. raichu
Hmm, this seems fun! I would love a crime related theme bingo card. Would love to get some plot bunnies involving Lance and Silver investigating/fighting crime. As a little side project for fun.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
I'd like to request a bingo please, I'm indecisive at the moment but maybe a couple prompts about legendary or mythical pokemon, or unusual environments/weather? Or just go ham on whatever tickles your fancy, I kind of want to be surprised! Many thanks in advance

Top Bottom