• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fourth Anniversary Art Corpse

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Welcome to TR's very first Art Corpse!

What is an Art Corpse?

If you've been on TR before, you might have seen one of TR's writing corpses. This is where everyone gets a universal prompt such as 'Journeyfic' and the first person in the chain writes a short few paragraphs of a journeyfic. The next person in the chain only gets to see the last sentence or so of whatever the previous person wrote, with no context, and write their own continuation! The results are quite often hilarious and nonsensical.

An art corpse is a similar concept. Everyone will receive a random assignement of a body part (e.g. head/torso/legs/arms) with no knowledge of what the other person is drawing, and then the results will be stitched together by the host into one horrific amalgamation. These are designed to be done quickly and require no art skill, since its just casual fun. Everyone is welcome to join! I plan to have a few groups, since if I get enough numbers everyone can't be in the same group. As mentioned above, assignments will be randomized and divided also based on perspective, just to keep things vaguely consistent, lol. I am planning on giving everyone roughly a decent few hours to complete their drawing, as they do not need to be high quality (unless you want to, then by all means, lol).

Examples (these were done physically ages ago):
20170719_190835.jpg

20170719_193406.jpg

The process will look as follows:
-Signup
-Receive your assignment
-Draw it
-DM it to the host
-Host compiles everyones drawings
-Host posts the final horrifying product for all to see!

Rules:

-Please try to be prompt! Don't pressure yourself or overthink, this is silly fun!
-Keep drawings PG-13 and within server rules. No excessive gore/blood and no NSFW
-Please do not share your assignment or drawing with anyone but the host, to preserve the surprise of the final product (at least until the final drawing is posted)
-At this time, you can't request or avoid an assignment (like arms/legs/torso/head) since making accomodations for a tiny grouping would be too complex.

Signup:
Just post here to indicate you're signing up! I'll handle sending everyone an assignment this time.

Signups end in about 12 hours; 9pm Est/1am UTC Tonight.
From there I'll start by giving everyone one full day, which means 9pm/1am UTC Tuesday. (Or uh... 1am Wednesday?) to draw their pictures.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
I'ma sign up and commit to drawing something horrific....ly pg-13

Sastrei

Emotional spelunker
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. dragonite
sign me up! Let the horrors commence huehuehue

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
This seems ridiculous and fun. Count me in!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
SIGN ME UP, LET’S GOOO

Railgun

Johto trash.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. raichu
Aight, let's do this.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Signs ups are now closed for the first run! You should receive assignments soon!

DM me on here or discord with your completed images. Reminder that images are due before 9pm EST/1am UTC! That's roughly 24 hours from now.
(groups don't have bearings on specific assignments, its just to make distribution easier)

General guidelines:
-Lineart is fine, but if you feel like coloring or shading, go right ahead
-Only put as much effort as is fun! The body part should be vaguely identifiable (so you cant do a speck on paper lol) but you don't have to push yourself. this is silly fun!
-Anything goes! it can be a pokemon, fakemon, creature, human, whatever!
-Transparent BG is preffered but if you can't, you can't
Head: Everything on or attached to the head and including to the base of the neck.
Torso: The main body, excluding limbs such as distinct arms/legs. However, tails/wings and other things attached to the torso are fair game.

Group 1 - Head, Torso, Arms, legs
Minty
Chibi
Cherry
Sind

Group 2 - Head, Torso, Arms, Right and Left Legs
Wind
Sastrei
Pano
Yellow
Sike

Group 3 - Head, Torso, Right and Left Arms, Legs
Jackie
Torchic
Negrek
Umbra
Railgun

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Group 2 is in!

SPOILER_G2_Art_Corpse_Final.jpg

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Group 1 & 3 have arrived!

1:
SPOILER_G3_Art_Corpse.jpg

3:
G1_Art_Corpse.jpg

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Thanks for running this, Tetra! It was a lot of fun, and it’s an honor to be a part of the grooviest corpse this go-round. I love how you got everything lined up so it would look like it was dancing. The other two corpses were great, too. Loved the mismatched legs and lovingly-rendered torso on #2 and how sweet and friendly #3 looks aside from the chest mouth!

Top Bottom