• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Forgotten Topaz

Chapter 1: The Storm

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
Chapter One: The Storm

I didn’t know why I was running, and I hardly knew where I was. All I knew was that I couldn’t stop. I had to keep the package safe. I didn’t know what was in the package or where it needed to go, though I had played with the idea of opening it a few times. The only reason I haven’t yet was that I figured there had to be a reason it was sealed, and I didn’t want to risk learning the reason the hard way.

But right now, I didn’t have time to think about it. Lightning danced across the sky as thunder crashed and rain poured down, soaking my pelt. There were no towns nearby, at least as far as I was aware, so I was rushing to the cover of the forest in the distance. I figured that I would be safer in the woods than out in the field, given my two pursuers.
The first of the two, a Dachsbun named Marvin, was definitely the better of the two when it came to tracking, but has always failed to sneak up on me, due to how he always smells of fresh bread. The second pursuer, a Liepard named Aubree, is much more competent when it comes to stealth, but so far I have eluded them both.

With the storm, however, the Dachsbun’s scent would be washed away, and the Liepard would likely have an easier time concealing herself. I hadn’t seen either of them in a while, so I assumed that I had lost them as I entered the forest. As I walked through the woods, I heard the shaking of a branch above me, and a bush behind me began to rustle.

To my dismay, it was Aubree and Marvin.

Aubree leapt down from a branch and landed in front of me. “We got you now, Jolteon.”

“You may as well hand the parcel over now, save yourself the trouble of battling.” Marvin added, stepping out from the bushes.

“It's raining cats and dogs today, shouldn’t you be inside?” I asked. “Wouldn’t want to catch a cold.”

“Cut the small talk and give us the package.” Aubree said.

“And if I don’t?” I replied.

“Then you will learn what happens when you cross Mad Dog Marvin and Aubree the Sly.” Marvin answered.

“That’s the best you could come up with? And I’m sure you’ve heard the saying about lighting.”

“What saying?” Marvin asked.

“Lightning doesn’t strike twice, or it comes before the thunder?” Aubree asked.

“It makes an excellent distraction.” I answered, dashing to my left.

“You little-” Aubree shouted, her voice drowned out by thunder.

“Get back over here!” Marvin added.

Naturally, I did not get back over there. Instead, I kept running, weaving my way through the trees, eventually reaching another clearing on the other side of the forest.

“Seriously, stop running! I’m warning you!” Marvin was dashing after me. “There is a-” His voice was cut off as thunder boomed once again.

“I can’t hear you!” I shouted back as I continued to run.

“He said cliff!” Aubree yelled. “There is a cliff!”

“A what?” I asked, unsure of what I heard thanks to the rain. “Did you say cliff or gift?”

Lightning flashed right next to me, prompting me to run faster, their shouts drowned out by the deafening thunder.

Then, I found the cliff, along with the most efficient way down.

Unintentionally falling off of it.

I wrapped myself around my bag as I fell, bracing myself for the landing as everything went dark.

Thanks for reading Chapter One of Forgotten Topaz! Chapter Two is currently in the works and it should be a bit longer, but I don't have a solid release date for it yet.

Last edited:
Chapter Two: After The Fall

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
My head pounding, I opened my eyes, finding myself in an unfamiliar place. I glanced around, seeing a mostly empty room. I was laying in a bed, though I didn’t know how I got there, and there was a chair, a desk, a window on one of the nearer walls, and a door on the far wall. The walls were sparsely decorated, with just a coat of light green paint over them and a few hanging plants.

“From what I heard, you took quite the fall.” A voice said as the door opened up, revealing an Espeon behind it.

I tried to posture up, but was overcome with a wave of pain, originating in my front-right leg.

“Don’t move too quickly, you may be a fast healer, but it will still take some time for that broken leg of your’s to heal.” The Espeon explained.

“Where is my bag?” I asked, looking around the room.

“It is in the next room. Don’t worry, everything is still in one piece. Apparently it had to be pried from your grip even while you were unconscious.” She answered.

“What do you mean apparent-” I winced in pain after unintentionally trying to move my broken leg.

“Hey, calm down. If you move too much, you will hurt more. Some of the kids that live in the village found you. Said they heard a loud crashing sound by the cliff, other than the thunder.” She explained. “Guess you got lucky that they decided to play in the storm, otherwise we might not have found you in time.” She paused. “Why were you at that cliff anyway?”

“I didn’t know that the cliff was there.”

“Well that would explain how you fell off of it, I guess. Though I feel there is more to this story, isn’t there.” She probed.

“Honestly, there isn’t that much more, at least as far as I am aware.” I replied, somewhat truthfully. I figured I could leave out the whole being hunted down for the parcel that I was delivering.

“Well if you won’t tell me what you were doing, could you at least say what your name is?” She asked.

I chuckled. “If I knew it, I would tell you.”

“What do you mean by that?” She inquired.

“I don’t know my name, where I am from, or pretty much anything else about myself and my past.” I answered. “People usually just called me ‘The Stranger’ or ‘The Courier’, never really needed an actual name.”

“I can probably come up with one for you.” The Espeon suggested.

“I have made it this long without one, and probably won’t use it once I leave-” I said, before being cut off.

“Even with your quick rate of healing, your leg won’t be fully healed for a few months. You won’t be leaving this town until you are healed, and you will need a name while you stay here, and no one here will call you ‘The Courier’, that is a job, not a name.” She interjected.

“Well I haven’t heard any better suggestions.” I retorted.

“How about Topaz then?” The Espeon said.

“A gemstone name? Really?” I scoffed. “Who names someone after a rock-”

Then the Espeon glared at me. “It would appear that I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Opal.” She said, her glare transitioning into a grin as a look of embarrassment crossed my face.

“I- uh- Y’know, I think that Topaz is a fine name actually. It, um, has a nice ring to it.” I stammered.

“Glad we have come to an agreement, Topaz.” Opal replied.

A bush just outside the window started to shake rapidly.

“Hey! Knock it off!” A voice whispered loudly.

“Get off my tail!” Another voice argued.

“Guys, quiet down, they might hear us!” A third voice whispered.

Opal just laughed a little as her eyes began to glow.

Three small figures began levitating outside the window.

“I think she heard us.” The middle figure, a sentret said.

“I told you this was a bad idea!” The figure on the left, a Minccino yelled.

“No, you said it was a great idea! Besides, you didn’t propose a better idea!” The Sentret shouted back.

“Toby, Delilah, I, uh, think it was a fine idea, but, maybe could have been a little more… thought out?” The third figure, a Numel, added meekly.

Opal chuckled a little, and used Psychic to gently set the three small pokemon down in the room. “What are you three up to?”

The Minccino piped up before the other two could speak. “Well Gavin heard that the Jolteon that fell from the cliff was staying here, and Toby said that the window was probably low enough for us to look through, and I wanted to see what happened to him.”

The Sentret facepalmed. “Delilah, you didn’t have to tell her the whole plan.” He muttered.

Before an argument could break out between the two of them once again, Opal spoke up.

“Well since you three are here, could you go find Crystal and Pyrite for me? I need to find a splint for Topaz here real quick, and it would be great if someone could go fetch those two so that they can show him around town.” Opal requested.

“You can count on us!” The Sentret, who I assumed was the one named Toby, said.

“We will be done in no time.” Delilah, the Minccino added.

“Y-yeah!” The Numel, who I guessed was named Gavin, stuttered out.

The three young pokemon walked out of the room, exiting through the door this time, as opposed to the window they entered from, probably for the better.

“So those kids live nearby?” I asked.

“They live down the road, I am sure you will pass their home when Crystal and Pyrite give you a tour.” Opal explained, stepping out of the room to find something.

“Who are Crystal and Pyrite?” I asked.

“My niece and nephew. They’ll show you around town if I ask you to, I’m sure.” Opal was rummaging through something just outside of the room. “I’d bet they’re right around your age, you three should get along fine.” Opal had a strangely shaped piece of wood levitating next to her as she reentered the room. “Now sit still while I put this splint around your leg, and make sure not to put too much weight on it.”

“What’s that supposed to do for my leg if I can’t walk with it?” I asked.

“It’s s’posed to keep your leg straight so the bone heals the way it is meant to.” Opal answered, fastening the splint around my broken leg. “So you might be stuck walking with three legs for a bit, but hopefully either my niece or nephew will be willing to help you move around.”

I glanced down at my leg. Alright, so I’m stuck here for a bit until I get better. Maybe it won’t be too bad, and I am sure that whoever is supposed to get the parcel can wait a bit. I thought to myself before looking up at Opal. “Umm… Thank you.” I said, with what I believe was sincerity in my voice.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it.” The Espeon replied, smiling.

“We’re back!” An unfamiliar, yet somewhat enthusiastic voice shouted from a different room of the house.

“You said you needed something?” Another voice, this one a little warmer and deeper, added.

“There you two are!” Opal said, leaving the room to go greet the two that just arrived, who I assumed were most likely Crystal and Pyrite. “You two arrived just in time, I have a little request for you…”

Top Bottom