• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

First Anniversary Scrap Swap

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
"D'you ever feel like the new boss is just full of hot air?"
VP1qdok.jpg

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
“What are we going to do today, guys?” Cyndaquil asked.

“Elm’s away, so let’s play dig!” Totodile said.

“Ha-ha, yeah!” Chikorita agreed, and the three began digging holes in random locations around Professor Elm’s lab.

Soon, Totodile stopped and beckoned the other two over. “Whoa, guys, look at this! There’s some human hair buried here!”

Chikorita gasped. “Totodile, I think we’ve just found-”

“-that my hair fell out long ago, and I buried it to hide the fact that I wear a toupée?” The trio whipped around to see Professor Elm standing over them, three master balls in his hands.

“Elm! What are you-”

“I warned you about digging up the grounds around the lab! I warned you! But you just couldn’t control yourselves, could you? And now you’re going to have to get ‘stolen by a passing teenager’ to conceal my secret. Just like all the others...” Elm sobbed as he began hurling master balls at the trio one by one.

A single tear rolled down his eye and fell into the pit where he had gently replaced his old hair on top of the growing pile of master balls beneath it. “Just like all the others...”

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Wow, I definitely thought this was supposed to roll over today and not yesterday! Sorry for the wait. Another awesome crop of scraps here... weezing-boss is looking sharp in OldSchoolJohto's entry, and I loved the bosses change, but paychecks didn't from Pens. And trust The Walrein to finally expose Elm's dark secret for all the internet to see...

And the selection for our next prompt... is OldSchoolJohto's weezing in a trenchcoat! (Or is it two koffing in a trenchcoat? Hmm.)

"D'you ever feel like the new boss is just full of hot air?"
VP1qdok.jpg

This prompt will be open until Midnight UTC May 9 (8 PM EST May 8). Have fun!

The Walrein

Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
A Galarian Weezing hovered in front of Team Rocket’s new boss. “You won’t regret joining us, Boss Weezing! With your snazzy coat, and our stylish top hats and moustaches, we’ll be the best-dressed evil team leaders in history!”

Just as Boss Weezing was about to give him a head-bump to finalize the deal, Lysandre burst into the office.

“In the name of Fashion, stop!” Lysandre cried. “It’s a trick! Those aren’t real moustaches, they’re just smoke and mirrors! Without any mirrors, even!”

“Don’t listen to him! He’s just jealous of how powerful our style will be!” the Galarian Weezing said.

Boss Weezing turned from one to the other. “Er...”

“Replacement Dad, look out!” Silver yelled, crashing through a window. “Both of them were hired by an assassin to distract you!”

The Rocket boss’s eyes flicked to the left just in time to see his smaller head stab him with a knife clenched between his teeth. “Bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh!” he cried as he quickly deflated.

“Yes! Now I’m the leader of Team Rocket!” the second head declared, before deflating in turn. Oh no, what have I done!? he thought.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Silver yelled.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Ah, shady alliances! Betrayal! A really big "NOOOOO!!" A very Rocket-y start and end for the late Boss Weezing. And his tragic demise will serve as our next prompt:

A Galarian Weezing hovered in front of Team Rocket’s new boss. “You won’t regret joining us, Boss Weezing! With your snazzy coat, and our stylish top hats and moustaches, we’ll be the best-dressed evil team leaders in history!”

Just as Boss Weezing was about to give him a head-bump to finalize the deal, Lysandre burst into the office.

“In the name of Fashion, stop!” Lysandre cried. “It’s a trick! Those aren’t real moustaches, they’re just smoke and mirrors! Without any mirrors, even!”

“Don’t listen to him! He’s just jealous of how powerful our style will be!” the Galarian Weezing said.

Boss Weezing turned from one to the other. “Er...”

“Replacement Dad, look out!” Silver yelled, crashing through a window. “Both of them were hired by an assassin to distract you!”

The Rocket boss’s eyes flicked to the left just in time to see his smaller head stab him with a knife clenched between his teeth. “Bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh!” he cried as he quickly deflated.

“Yes! Now I’m the leader of Team Rocket!” the second head declared, before deflating in turn. Oh no, what have I done!? he thought.

This will be our last prompt for the scrap swap! A great note to go out on, for sure. That means we'll be wrapping everything up at midnight UTC/8 PM EST May 12th.

The Walrein

Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
“...three-way rock-paper-scissors match to determine who’s the new boss?” Silver suggested after an awkward silence.

“Very well,” Lysandre said. The Galarian Weezing gave a grunt of agreement.

“Alright. One, two, three, shoot!”

Lysandre threw scissors while Silver threw rock. “Ha! Steel crushes rock!”

“Dang,” Silver said.

“But does it beat my hidden power rock!?” asked the Galarian Weezing.

“Yes, said Lysandre, and stabbed him with a pair of scissors.

The Weezing deflated. “Bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh!”

Lysandre frowned. “Don’t tell me you actually liked him?”

“Nah, I just felt like screaming that. Anyways, I guess you’re the boss now. How are you planning to reconcile Team Rocket’s goal of stealing Pokemon with Team Flare’s goal of eradicating all life on the planet?”

“Hmmm… I suppose Team Rocket will now focus on stealing Pokemon with the potential for global life extermination,” Lysandre said.

“Really? How many Pokemon could there be like that?”

“Xerneas, Yveltal, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza because they wouldn’t be able to stop any more meteors, Regigigas, Jirarchi if we made a wish to end all life, possibly Necrozma or Eternatus, Gardevoir if we could figure out how to make those miniature black holes any larger...”

“Huh, didn’t know there were so many. That’s actually kind of scary...” Silver said.

“Here’s a scary question!” says Rayquaza, crashing through another window. “How is The Walrein planning to reconcile their wordcount, which has gradually been creeping up with every prompt, with the rules of the event saying you must submit drabbles of ~100 words!” they say as they reach through the fourth wall and yank me into Giovanni’s office.

“~100 means approximately 100 words! Approximately! Logarithmically speaking, 200 words is only 1.15 times the approved wordcount!” I yell as Rayquaza drags me away.

“Save it for the judge, pal,” Rayquaza growls.

“Artists can submit pictures, and those are worth a thousand words! This is discrimination! Help, help, I’m being oppressed!” My voice fades into the distance as Lysandre and Silver look on, stunned.

“Rayquaza, you fool! Don’t you realize that the Scrap Swap is about to end? I’m only padding my wordcount so much to make this last prompt last as long as I can! After that, none of you will exist any more! I’m doing this because I love you!”

Rayquaza gasps. Oh no, what have I-

Top Bottom