• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

First Anniversary Celebration

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Thousand Roads First Anniversary Celebration

The Thousand Roads community opened its doors to the public back on April 24th, 2019! It's been a whole year since then--or maybe it feels like a decade--and we're off to a fantastic start. It's been an amazing experience to watch the community grow from a handful of people to around a hundred across Discord and the forums, with over a hundred stories published alongside hundreds more reviews and discussion posts. I had no idea whether anyone would be interested in this place when I was first putting it together, and the response has been well beyond what I imagined.

Thank you to everyone who's been a part of Thousand Roads in its first year, whether you've posted a story, written reviews, or simply hung out and had fun on Discord. I'd especially like to thank Chibi Pika, DeliriousAbsol, Dragonfree, and Namohysip for the work they've done running events and keeping the peace. But to everyone who's taken a chance on a new community, thank you, and I hope you find a comfortable home here. I've had a great time during Thousand Roads' first year. Here's to many more!

We're celebrating the first year of Thousand Roads with plenty of fun events around the community over the course of the next two weeks. Here's what we've got planned:

Discord Events

6 EST 05/02 - Chibi Pika will be running One-Night Ultimate Werewolf, a rapid-fire game of deception and deduction that's full of twists and turns! Check #game-night in the Discord server to vote for your preferred day and time.

8 PM UTC/4 PM EST 05/09 - Thousand Roads Mega Voice Chat #1: How many people can we get in the voice chat at once? Let's find out, and have fun talking fic, Pokémon, and whatever else comes to mind! Watch out for scheduling information to appear on the server in the next couple days.

10 PM UTC/6 PM EST 05/10 - Thousand Roads Mega Voice Chat #2: For people who can't make the first voice chat or who'd like to join in a second time, we'll be running a second big voice chat at a different time of day! Watch out for scheduling information to appear on the server soon.

Forum Events

- Fanfic Mafia returns for a second round! Play as a character from your favorite story as you work to expose the sinister Mafia--or, as a Mafia member yourself, take control of the unsuspecting innocents.

- Scrap Swap is a quick improv challenge where you create a small piece of writing or visual art in response to a prompt from another member.

- Also, right here in this thread, we'll be having a small review event! Is there an author here on Thousand Roads you've been meaning to check out, or a story by an author you're familiar with that you haven't gotten around to reading? Sometime this week (before the end of May 2nd), post a review for that story and link it in this thread! There will be a new challenge posted for the second week of the event, and anyone who manages to write a review fulfilling each of the two challenges will receive a Pokémon companion to accompany them here on the forums! Note that reviews written for Catnip Circle, Review Roundup, Review Tag, or other events can be used to fulfill the challenge requirements.

Adamhuarts: 2
Chibi Pika: 2
Dragonfree: 1
Equitia: 2
kintsugi: 3
Namohysip: 2
NebulaDreams: 2
OldSchoolJohto: 3
Pen: 2
Phoenixsong: 2
Sike Saner: 2
Starlight Aurate: 2
unrepentantAuthor: 2
The Walrein: 2
windskull: 2
Virgil134: 2

Last edited:

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
I reviewed the Wandersword prologue! :)

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I read and reviewed Postcards by OldSchoolJohto!

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Wrote a comment for the first part of Neb’s two-shot, Selling Out. 💪🏻

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Congrats to everyone who's written a review! I still have two days, don't rush me.

A quick update on anniversary events: Chibi Pika is hosting a couple games of One-Night Ultimate Werewolf starting at 6 PM EST (10 PM UTC)! This is a quick game that usually lasts 10-15 minutes, so you can easily stop by for a round even if you don't have much time. Visit the #game-night channel to play!

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Wrote a review for Continental Divides here!

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Apparently, all it takes to dredge me up out of my year-long lurking wallow is the promise of a tiny pokémon friend to accompany my posts! (Which no one will ever see! Because I lurk! Aha...)

Buuut seriously, I'd been meaning to start in on Fledglings for ages now, so that's finally done and dusted and I might as well drop this off while I'm here, eh?

Little bummed that Mafia sign-ups closed before I could decide on a character, but oh, well, more fool me for not being able to parse what "midnight on X date" means even with seeing it was UTC. Probably for the best since I'm still not sure I'd have the executive function to manage it, heh.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Week one of the reviewing event is over, and we had an excellent turnout! The prize is yours if you can write one more review this week. Is there a story you've been meaning to catch up on, or actually are caught up on but haven't had the chance to review? Why not make that your target for this week's review?

If you missed Week 1, don't worry! As long as you have two or more reviews by the end of the event, you're good.

Little bummed that Mafia sign-ups closed before I could decide on a character, but oh, well, more fool me for not being able to parse what "midnight on X date" means even with seeing it was UTC. Probably for the best since I'm still not sure I'd have the executive function to manage it, heh.
Oh no, UTC claims another victim. :( I have given up and started trying to put EST in addition to UTC because I keep accidentally playing myself when trying to do the conversion. I hope you enjoy spectating, at least!

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Finally read and commented on LC chapter 5!

Top Bottom